STOOOOP!! said the Archdeacon

STOOOOP!! said the Archdeacon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/riUA1khxs68
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that the twist in the book was that Esmeralda was not a Gypsy and had been kidnapped by them as a baby. Fucken gyps deserved whatever they had coming to them.

>Frollo you you lazy fuck! You can't just trown sick kids on the well, it's going to contaminate the water! Make a pyre!

The whole scene is so moving, the sadness in his voice. Also
>Who is the monster and who is the man?
A simple message but still so poweful.

THE EYES, THE VERY EYES OF...

FUCK YOU!! said the fat conductor.

>tfw no more Disney openings like this

The Gypsies literally admitted to being thieves and murders in the "court of fools" song. A pretty bold move by Disney, which doesn't get acknowledged enough.

>court of fools
* Court of Miracles

youtu.be/riUA1khxs68

Wow, Jewish writers and animators hate gypsies too, who guessed.

See there the innocent blood you have spilt
on the steps on Notre Dame...
Now you would add this child's blood to your guilt
on the steps on Notre Dame?

You can lie to yourself and your minions.
You can claim that you haven't a qualm.
But you never can run from nor hide what you've done from the eyes!
The very eyes of Notre Dame!

Holy shit that was a hard hitting musical number. God bless 90s Disney, they pulled no punches with that one. Now if only we didn't have those gargoyles.

Can't stop now, archdeacon, I'm looking for an octagon.

The implication there was that was the only way they could survive due to oppression, rather than them being oppressed as a result of that.

Even fucking marvel writers hate gypsy.

This whole movie is an interesting experience if you happen to be Catholic.

>Reminder that when I rewatched it a year or so ago I 'then' realized the eyes open.
>It was storming outside my house
>Thunder practically overhead and house-shaking right at that moment
Fuuuck

Even in that song they were made out to be a lot more sympathetic than y'all are making them out to be. Yeah they were grifters and cheats, but that's how they got food, not how they got rich. Next thing you'll be telling me that One Jump Ahead made Aladdin out to be the villain of the movie.

Its not a fuck you to catholicism at all, but more to inquisition-hypocritical thought. God seems to be present during it.

Case in point, Frollo´s death.

Yup, not anti-Catholic; anti-hypocrite.

They had a whole song called God help the outcasts.

>le inquisition was bad maymay

Most punishments were just a slap on the wrist, and the mones who were executed more often then not were triyng to instigate popular violence.

Oh, I didn't say the movie was anti-Catholic, I'm just saying that if you do happen to be Catholic I'd guess it resonates with you in a different way than it does with others.

The potent presence of figures on high sitting in judgment is something that Catholics are very familiar with, for one thing.

Everyone hates gypsies, even gypsies hate other gypsies.

It's kinda funny considering Victor Hugo's own views towards Catholicism.

Nobody really knows what Hugo's ideas were at any given time. He was a little flakey.

Kyrie Eleison

Agree. I mean im not catholic anymore but probably something of that remained. The idea of God and how he acts in the movie is something that really touches me. And the "see there the innocent..." part from the Archdeacon feels very powerful.

Dude was pretty open with his criticism of the church. I think Les Miserables even ended up getting banned as a result.

Only because he embraced naive republican/revolutionary sentiments. But he still flittered around a lot.

>"We find you totally innocent
>Which is the worst crime of all
>So you're going to hang!"

He also embraced the new age/spiritualist movement of his day. Strange how "free thinking" types tend to gravitate towards new age nonsense.

“He who does not believe in God will believe in anything.”

MEA CULPA

HAMMER TIME

Typical Pisces bullshit

And for one time in his life of reactions and posts
user felt a twinge of fear for his immortal soul

Frollo was already looking like a fucking demon in the end.

>tfw I picked up the soundtrack at a thrift store
it was a big win that day

>Get to the Golden Gates, Saint Peter reading from the Book of Life
>"So, user, before I let you in, I just want to go over all the time you spent on your computer and the internet down on Earth with you."

Shit, man, even if they weren't spies, they couldn't be allowed to go alert five-O. The blonde one literally worked for the guard. You realize they'd all get executed if a raid happened, right?

It's not pretty but it's survival. Nobody should have been able to wander in there on accident.

AND HE SHALL SMITE THE WICKED AND PLUNGE THEM INTO THE FIERY PIT

AS YOU COMMAND

>tfw Disney could be dark again.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

shit sucks, everything must be as safe as possible nowadays.

everybody hates gypsies

I regret nothing!

I really need to rewatch that movie, all I really remember is Hellfire and bells of notre dame

try replaying the ass creed series

the "good guy" faction literally sanctimonious murderers unironically gratifying themselves and proclaiming their supposed honor

what was the name of that song again? haven't heard it in ages

What spawned the temporary interest in big studios like Dreamworks and Disney to make religious movies like Hunchback and Notre Dame? Or were they just trying to break the cycle of fairy tales since that had become a meme at that point and went for the next best thing?

THE BELLS BELLS BELLS BELLS BELLS

BEEEEEEEELLS OOOOOOOF NOOOOOOTREEEEE DAAAAAAAAAAME

Honestly the only two big religious movies I can think of are Hunchback and Prince of Egypt.

That's probably because I'm an uncultured swine, but I genuinely can't think of any others. Maybe they were just pet projects from someone near the top?

>No one remembers it, not even the people who worked on it

cried*

Yeah yeah, when you first move to a new area and steal everything that isn't bolted down and cheat, beg and swindle as much as you can, the local populace tends to turn "oppressive"

religion is the same as fairy tales though

Even gypsies hate other gypsies.

Way better than any production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Webber you fucking hack.

*tips fedora