Today is the season finale

>today is the season finale

*series finale

Shit and Morty was extremely low energy.
mlp is the prime example of fandom greatness, only containable through extreme janitor measures and eventually got its own board because not a single board on Sup Forums could contain that power.

I am happy your weak-willed show will eventually die out and only be existing in 1-post-per-hour subreddits in a few years.

I really can't place my finger on what was wrong with this season. Maybe they leaned too much on "LOL NOTHING MATTERS". I get that it's a comedy show, but making everyone a dick without some sort of humanity just makes them autists that have an autistic fanbase

I hope it ends forever.

It's the new writers. It's similar to the new Simpsons writers where they liked the show but didn't actually "get" what made it good in the first place.

This is one of those shows where this very well may be the final episode. If not, it's going to be a rocky road to season 4, at least another 2 years again.

>ponyfag
Disgusting

But let's be honest here.
/mlp/ is filled with people who masturbate to ponies. Probably only a few people still watch the show.

But the Old writers were the Reason season 2 was shit because they wouldn’t commit to any sort of Character development that they did and just flanderized the Characters to make room for new dumb scenarios.

I hope it becomes long running like Simpsons.

I wouldn't wish that on any show.

Nah it's Dan Selfharmon being a sadsack over his divorce.

>Maybe they leaned too much on "LOL NOTHING MATTERS"

This was it. There wasn't as much high concept this season, it was mostly the family farting around only to come back to this same conclusion. Episodes like Citadel were fun because they were just silly and used the concept of Rick and Morty as people well. But as far as actual mindfucks, or mindblowers if you will, there really weren't any.

It's basically fans of the show writing for it and writing their personal vision, with a bit of what they think the creators would do, and it just isn't the same.

Thank god it's almost over. When it comes back i'm skipping the next season.

Thank God it's dead!

>another year of waiting
Good, you over stayed your welcome. Now fuck off to reddit.

thank you based unexisting god

Hang on a fucking second. Hasn't there only been like 9 episodes?

Oh fuck, so the shill are going to stop soon? Thank god.

That depends. If Roiland's next project is not very successful, he'll probably be open to doing s4. I don't see him jumping straight into doing season 4 though.

So how has the show been, lately?
I haven't watched it since the middle of season 2.
Not that I didn't like it, it's just that I didn't bother getting a TV when moved to my new place.
Didn't feel like I needed it.

Yeah, the season is 10 episodes.
And it took a year and a half to make.
And I don't have the webm comparing the animation to anime, so you'll have to imagine it on your own.

>today is the season premiere

>he says as /mlp/ is pretty much a corpse and the movie will finish it off

That kind of makes sense really, tragic.

I wouldn't even wish that shit on bronies. The Simpsons are just sad to watch now.

You will get a lot of hateful responses, to which there will be a lot of counter-responses which are appreciative of the show.

It has in some ways gone in different directions in season 3 and in some ways not so much. Only you can judge how you find it.

Also,
>watching series on a TV

S3>S1>S2

It feels like the best Rick and Morty eps had some philosophy to them and posed ethical questins Lawnmower dog being the prime example. Early R&M also treated their characters like shit because nothing really did matter yet.

Season three on the other hand was full of lame drama. Summers boob job, Summers and Morty's Mad Max adventure and even Pickle Rick with its booring therapy session.
Nothing about that was interesting or insightful, it just wasted time.

So basically you're saying it fell into the Doctor Who trap, where it used to be that the protagonists were just going from one interesting snapshot of the universe to the next, never being the focus, just the conduit through which the audience can go from one Twilight Zone-like episode to the next, but then someone had the idea that instead of just hinting at the character of the protagonists and slowly building them up over many seasons, their lives, identity and history needs to be the focus.

>It feels like the best Rick and Morty eps had some philosophy to them and posed ethical questins Lawnmower dog being the prime example.
Oh fuck off

Exactly
brainlet.

Thank god. Women writers were a mistake

>Summers boob job
>not interesting

Get a load of this guy.

I think around half of Season 3 episodes are shit, but I still kinda like it more than I did Season 2 with "GET SCHWIFTY" episodes, holy shit.
Get schwifty or pickle rick, i cant decide what was worse.

But he's saying that's what made it funny because those ideas were being presented in an absurd and unethical manner. Season 3 was drama and feminism. The character's attitudes all took a different direction which was uncomfortable to watch.

Not ready yet user?

>this show exists and it will never end

Nigga, if I want to look at boobs, I'll find them on the internet or look at my gf's. I watch Rick and Morty to laugh, and it completely failed in that episode.

I got some pretty good laughs out of that one. Tech support tricking Beth into setting them free, for example.

But to each their own, my friend.

>greatness
You mean autism and too much free time.

Yeah really? Is that gonna be your exact face when that situation happens, are you telling me you're gonna be smugly fucking someone's literal exposed brain on camera while ejaculating on a bible and you'll be an anthropomorphic amphibian? I find that hard to fucking believe you piece of shit get this filth out of my face you monster I hate you and I hope your mom falls down the stairs and you feel real bad about it, I would take pleasure in this discomfort at your familial misfortune ironically in contrast to your false assumed pleasure at the hypothetical end of this show.

Don't worry we still have months of dedicated shit posting and overly serious pseudo-intellectual "deconstruction" ahead of us, so we all know what this comedy cartoon really means and why that's wrong. Followed inexorably by even more feverish "ironic" shitposting.

>>/r/eddit

>The whole season has happened
>none of it is as memorable as S1 or S2 or even that good
I hope it doesn't get renewed.

I wish I could gold this.

Maybe if the show was as good as season 1 we wouldn't have so much shitposting.

the only thing that's disappointed me about season 3 is the dearth of high-concept sci-if premises

Total Rickall, Rickle in Time, Lawnmower Dog, The Ricks Must Be Crazy, Meeseeks and Destroy, M. Night Shym-aliens, and to a lesser extent Something Ricked This Way Comes all introduced extremely fertile concepts and played with them mercilessly, exhausting what a film series could've milked for four sequels over the course of 22 tightly-paced minutes

the season premier was an amazing start with the brain swapping, but other than that, like... the muscle memory was a small and one-note part of the Mad Max episode, the immortality dome got no mileage other than the obvious, the detoxifier had one twist, and the memory machine was somehow less clever than the equivalent episode of Adventure Time, Memory of a Memory

there's nothing as rich as Roy in here, and even Pickle Rick, which was carried to its absurd conclusion, lazily resorted to a ridiculously unlikely series of events to get there. (the premier did something similar with the random Rick explaining out loud for no reason that the room was for teleporting the entire citadel to somewhere else in space, but that's the kind of cheeky "you know we could handwave this well, so we're just going to do it poorly" writing that Futurama developed in its fourth season and I don't particularly mind.)

I remember in 2013, somebody was fervently arguing that The Lorax was an objectively superior movie to Wreck-It Ralph, because look at all the erotic fan art people are still drawing of The Onceler

that's you. that's what you're like.

Why the hell does it take so long to make a season when they're so short?

Time for Venture Bros.

Is that a seanbaby edit?