Ducktales

Are you guys hype?

Yeah, I didn't expect them to reveal it this soon.

what is it?

This episode felt a bit low-tier compared to the previous ones, but still had many good bits. The ending twist felt kind of hurried... but yeah, I like where this is going.

>Yeah, I didn't expect them to reveal it this soon.

Me either, thought it was more midseason material. But I heard they are airing the episodes out of order.

She's coming back...

WHO?

Webby's new friend was Magica de Spell all along.

>Mfw remembering that June Foray died this year.

Ashi obviously. Can’t you tell by the shadow?

Merlock

How could it not, in a 20-min episode?

No, her niece.
She calls her Aunt Magica.

Well no, Lena actually seems to be based on Minima De Spell, Magica's niece.

So Disney XD’s airing the Ducktales episodes out of order.

Fucking Disney.

TAKE THAT BACK

if it weren't for Based Disney you wouldn't even HAVE this awesome show

>lack of scrooge
>frontloading webby heavy episodes

someone post that "end of the 9 old men of disney tweet" because they're obviously pushing the show as a GF replacement. Curious as to why though, I mean the show will get merchandised to fuck as it's disney.

>tfw they'll probably also make Darkwing Gosalyn heavy.

Please don't be Schaal, please don't be Schaal.

Pretty sure this shit would've given me nightmares as a kid.

i want them to replace the default trio; actually seem more of a threat than comic relief

By "soon" I meant "at the end of the very episode Lena is introduced in".

Also, how do they justify Lena's bland design if they're not trying to disguise who she really is?

I could sort of get that thought process but everyone who already knew about Minima are older fans who are savvy enough to see that twist coming and children or people who simply never read the comics have no idea who the hell Minima is.

I'm mostly just upset about how shit her new design is over the more stylized but also more obvious gothic design they had planned.

At least makes me glad the issue of having too many Webby eps in a row wasn't a creator's agenda but rather whoever in charge of scheduling.

What are these programming needs? All the episodes are the same length, so what advantage is there in showing them out of order?

Shifting the episode order can actually drastically shift the tone of the story/show.

It's plausible that they're really pushing for Webby and the kids in their marketing.

see disney wants to shovel webby down everyone's throats

Magica better not be too capable. A big part of her character is how most of her magic manages to bite her in the ass as well.

>The ending twist felt kind of hurried
I hated this kind of stuff in Star vs.
Episodes that just drag on with the only great part being a stinger at the end.

Magica's back! And she's speaking Italian! RUN!

Simple. Spend a little less time on the main plot and a little more time on the final scene. Build us the suspense a bit before the reveal. Have Lena walk to that theatre, have her inspect the pendant. Stuff like that.

gizmoduck when

kys

I'm at least glad the guy actually speaks up. I guess it's time to wait for this batch of episodes to finish airing and then watch them in the proper order.

Maybe that's how she ended up trapped wherever she is.

Really should have seen Lena being magic coming. She somehow made more messages in bottles despite being tied up.

If I had to guess, since Great Dime Chase made the cut despite not being a Webby episode, they wanted to frontload the LORE episodes to get people hooked.

I hope she's going to summon Dracula Duck from the video game.

They've already said that they think the character's cool as fuck and want to work him in if they can find a way.

The Great Dime Chase was going to be episode 4 instead of 3. So not that much of a difference.

Too bad they can't call him Count Duckula.

Amelia you dingus

what about Drake-ula?

Setting up all of the first season's plot hooks to assure the GF fans that the show has deepest lore.

Maybe once she reveals her connection to Magica she could switch to a more witchy look.

Wait, what planned design? I haven't seen it.

it looks like they are making her the last boss of the series

Not sure if this is what he is talking about, but I saw these in the last thread and assume it is.

Scrooge gets all the girls

I like how that version scrubbed her last name to avoid spoilers.

Webbytales

What's her stand's name?

Witchy Woman

Duckula crossover never, fuck the new reboot version though.

I could see that, which is a shame, Webby is far better done than I expected.

That makes a lot of sense, I could understand why they'd do that.

It originally was, but then executive meddling happened

Will the M A D M A N ever appear in the series?

Eh she's Minima as much as the triplets and Webby are the old triplets and Webby if not more. I don't mind the name change. I agree that everyone who knew who Minima was probably guessed anyway, but Minima is an awkward name to say, and silly.

granted it didn't air that much out of order (being the 5th intended and fourth to air)

I like the Lena aspect of making Magica a surprise, but I hate the new beagle boys. I hope they just stick with the classics and the others were one-time only.

I wonder if we will be seeing Baggy or the others at all.

>Webby is far better done than I expected.
No I agree, which is why I don't mid the schedule change too much, but still the show really needs a Huey/Scrooge focused episode right now.

She's set apart from a lot of Scrooge's other foes in this series who are rich businessmen, we have Glomgold, Rockerduck, and the new character Beaks. Beagle Boys are never very threatening unless they introduce Blackheart. That makes Magica and her powers the most obvious Big Bad choice, though the reboot is a silly comedy and I don't think she'll be THAT threatening.

looks like the only major changes are the Huey ep being incredibly delayed, the Terra-Firmian ep coming really early, and the Gladstone and Mark Beaks episodes being switched

Considering the entirety of the last episode was basically a The Warrior's parody it's unlikely we'll see the others again.

>I wonder if we will be seeing Baggy or the others at all.
I will be so fucking mad if they don't show up,and hopefully not fucked up like Burger.

I can see them using the "ugly reject" ones again but yeah the rest seem like one-offs outside of maybe a random continuity nod

Same, at least Ma wasn't shown to be completely incapable this episode. I wonder how much she can stretch.

Burgers design looks like Baggy. Bouncer looks like Bankjob, so Bankjob will have to be a mountain if he winds up in the show.

I hope they at least keep the one cute little Beagle boy, there's a comic where he is friends with Webby, too.

Anyone else find the golden dragon oddly arousing?

I could see the extreme sports or circus ones coming back if they ever do an episode that would call for them.

I was the guy that posted that and I agree with you.

They'll probably appear as B-plot antagonist in the globe trotting episodes, like if they ever go to France they'll run into the Déjà Vue, etc.

>I hope they at least keep the one cute little Beagle boy, there's a comic where he is friends with Webby, too
Webby is pretty good at making friends with villains.

no

This, fuck the new groups, I want my Beagle B Team back. Why weren't they at Ma's party? Only legitimate reason I can think of is they're in jail, but it'd be nice to have them mentioned since they're "Classics"

No. I can't say that I found it odd.

This one

The Meanies/Friendlies I could see coming back as frequently as the Ugly Rejects. The Meanies are pretty neutral minor deviations from the template, and the Friendlies clearly exist as a contrast to them.

Since there is snow in Huey's episode, Disney thought it would be neat to make a holiday special outta it.

really

Is Burger still a hungry idiot you can easily bribe or bait with food? That was my favorite thing about him along with that high pitched voice.

No, now he is skinny and serious and hardly ever talks. Original Burger is offensive.

It's special enough just being a Huey episode.

>basically a The Warrior's parody

I totally didn't catch that until now.

Unlike some other people in this thread, I hope we see the other Beagle gangs from time to time.

I like new Burger actually

The one on the right

Shit taste.

they probably figured nobody cared and people would rather see these new fun! original characters

if they do add them it will be last minute and they'll be unrecognizable so hope that they don't.

everyone called this twist

Same. They were pretty spoopy.

New Burger is just a less pretty Bottle and you know it.

If burger loves eating prunes then he'd be redeemed for me (though I don't have much of a problem with him in the first place)

>Say Burger is offensive and fatphobic, you shouldn't judge people on how they look
>'We can do better than the original series"
>make a group called The Ugly Failures
>One of them is basically old Burger

That puppy Beagle Boy is cute as fuck.

I and many others have posted this before but why is Donald barely intelligible in this series? It's so hard to understand him now. I understand that's the point of his voice but I had no trouble understanding him in the past, what happened?

I told you they didn't forget the world tour episodes but it's questionable as to why they changed the broadcast order other than "Lore here now"