youtube.com/watch?v=Y8r0s-E69tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are like little babies, watch this.
(Also OTGW a shit)

as an artistic work of love? yes.
as a show? not really, no.

I second that

>implying

Yes, even the faggot anons in this thread like know it's shit.

I really can't. This was the epitome of cartoon comedy.

EEnE was very good, memorable, succesful and rather than bad seasons it merely had some not-great episodes.

can't draw any parallels with any other show on CN

SUBALUWA

I haven't watched this show so I tried this out and the first episode of this show was boring and not funny.

This, except that I also watched various other episodes... and it was still generally boring and not funny.

don't feel bad anons you're just slow. its ok if you're not on everyone else's level you're just special.

>It's okay you don't stoop down to our levels, you just have standards
FTFY

He's right I do, aquamarine is my waifu though

Dexter's Lab
But EEnE is a close second

Since when can shitty shows have good waifus?

Newfag here, it's general consensus that these faggots are trolls right? i keep seeing them pop up randomly everytime anyone says a show is good and they literally say the same thing over and over without adding anything.

Like they just say "haha well i think x is shit, k bye"
We're not on a forum so it can't even be excused as them posting for milestones.

>having standards to understand cartoon comedy

user that makes you sound autistic, but I already said you're slow so its ok if you are.

>ignoring how it went to shit
EEnE didn't even have a bad period, it was good from start to finish.

thats true, but Dexter seasons 1 and 2 were so golden it trumps the ed boys

DEXTERS SECRET

Oh so you're saying you don't need standards when it comes to have a sense of humor, you can just spout around memes and non sequitur humor that isn't even funny and say that's funny?

Relax I'm just saying my honest to God opinion and this is my first time saying it. Tone down the projection newfag.

Best Cartoon Cartoon, yes. Best CN show, no.

>Not wanting to bang the chubby cirno

It is really difficult to pin point exactly what is the best CN show of the golden 1997-2003 era. Personally, I think all the shows stand on mostly equal ground with the exception of a few (Mike Lu and Og and Evil Con Carne's solo show come to mind.) If I had to pick, my personal choice is OG Powerpuff Girls.

Best opening for damn sure.

nah i don't think so
even then dexter's lab had a much bigger share of straight up bad or mediocre episodes

(i say much more since they're more than 2 or 3)

You're putting words in my mouth user. All I'm saying is that if you don't understand why something is funny then its obviously too much for you to understand.

I understand the ""jokes"" it's just that they're not funny. You're the one who's putting words in my mouth.

Miniseries, user, not a show. Still good though, but not as good as EEnE IMO

Thought it was boring as a kid, guess I'll give it another chance

Great show, EEnE is just a little better though

Ha ha ha ha ha, oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder HA HA HA HA HA

Oh user. I know you're very simple but I'll still love you the same. You understand what a joke is but you fail to recognize the meanings behind the jokes. Its ok not everyone is fast enough to recognize those type of fallacies but you'll get one day. I believe in you.

Jesus Christ I hope not all EEnE fans are as pretentious as you and rely on projection as an "argument".

>pretentious
>Coming from the user who said he has high standards for catoons.

user please you're making yourself look silly.

A challenger appears

the last season was terrible. genndy is a hack.

I would say it wasn't as good but you can't sit there and say it was bad.

The last 7 episodes were virtually unwatchable.

Of course I can't, I stand with you OP. Nothing out there could possibly top this show.

>"ashi you have all of aku's powers!"
>"gasp! I do!"

The first two episodes were promising but then they ruined it with a forced love interest trope. It should've been about jack and his journey home. Not ashi and her daddy issues.

Alright faggot, I wasn't gonna post this (since OP did say CN only) but you asked for it!

holy shit user nothing on that list even compares to how good EEnE are excpet for maybe megas/pre-final seaason samurai jack.

I distinctly remember ATLA beating EE&E in the tournament, so it looks like Sup Forums disagrees with you.

well that tournament was not fair and even considering how many weebs are on Sup Forums to begin with.

It beat it by .4%. That is like 1 fucking vote.

They needed to pull the plug on that show far sooner than they did. At least when they pushed Ed Edd N Eddy into reboot territory it was still funny.

>an entire episode dedicated to dexter running around town nude

what the fuck? how uncomfortable

>TFW EENE and Avatar are both my two favorite cartoons

>2003 Ninja Turtles
>The Batman
let me guess

you were born in nineteen ninety.... four?

>Anyone that has a different opinion than me is just a troll
I really can't stand faggots like you

Teen titans was good at the time but they've been playing reruns lately and my god that show did not age well, awful animation, ugly backgrounds, and weird dialogue. And so much weeb shit.

You misinterpreted. He was asking if you were trolls to discern if you're actually slow. Turns out you're just slow but its ok user. There are a few other people that just aren't quick enough to understand when something good is being put in front of them

>tfw Ed Edd n Eddy had a better ending than Samurai Hack.

>Sup Forumsntrarian

patrician

Man it's run stayed great even when the art style evolved. It gave it that "aged" look that worked.

The school will tell Sarah

and Sarah will tell Mom

and Mom will tell Dad

AND DAD WILL JUST SIT THERE AND WATCH TV!

How do people not understand how this is funny? It was jokes like this one that made me smile every time.

Ed edd n eddy is the death grips of cartoons.

Just re watching it I caught all the cool nuances that you didn't when you were a kid.

One of my favorite jokes! Another variant was:

>Sarah will tell mom, and mom will tell dad, and dad will say "not now I just got home from work"

Never use hot wax to soothe enraged lobsters!

Thank you.

this. re watching episodes really made me appreciate all the jokes I didn't pick up when I was younger.

EENE has the best ending of any cartoon

>no Ren & Stimpy
>no Courage the Cowardly Dog

-ahem-

>"Carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone?"

This episode is in my top 5.

>>an entire episode dedicated to dexter running around town nude

A really weak debut. Two years after Ego Trip ended everything on a high note, we got Squeaky Clean.

Can't you see he's had ENOUGH

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8r0s-E69tc

From Here To Ed had me howling for a straight 12 minutes.

>when eddy told the kankers to get lost.

YES user YES

Was this a situation where Eddy stood up for Double D?

Pickle?

Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly dog, Megas XLR, and Samurai Jack was the best shows ever made.

There's No denying

it was when DD was "seen as a bully" and was trying to redeem himself by fighting jimmy. it was a great episode even for being towards the end of the finale.

THIS

I AM A ZOMBIE AND I WILL MALICE YOU WITH A SHOEHORN

EENE is amazing because it took the best of golden age animation and combined it with the best of the 90s cartoon renaissance.
>Great animation that referenced but also put it's own style on classic animation
>Comedy driven by characters but uses the fact that it is a cartoon to it's full advantage to fully express a character in a way that is literally not possible in live action
>Humor wasn't focused on a specific age group, both children and adults could enjoy it
>All dialog stayed true to their distinct characters who all had a unique way of talking
>Most impressive was it's ability to handle slap stick humor in a way no other slap stick could, it would go into amazing detail to show destruction to both characters and objects

It spawned this: It's own merits are invalidated.

I was in that fucking thread too when it happened.

Nigga you just splitting hairs now.

Best thing to come out of ed edd and eddy is that comic though

Fun fact: EEnE was produced in Canada.

is that an Aho girl reference?

Most people spell that Korea

Link to that episode

>mfw I don't know what that is

canadians are weird

I remember when that was being marketed as the last episode of EENE. They even had interviews from the creator.
But then they had 2 more eps after, the Invasion episode and the Movie.

Ed, Edd n Eddy's first season is slow and kinda awkward, but it gets better from Season 2 and onwards.

So it's not that great then?

Start off in the middle of Season 1 or earlyu season 2 when the humor and pacing picks up, it's honestly a lot like The Simpsons in terms of feeling like a different show in its genesis but they eventually get it right with the tone and jokes. I don't think Antonucci knew which direction to take the show in at that point. It had been like, four years since the Brothers Grunt and he didn't really know how to fine-tune anything.

I've never started watching a show from the pilot.

This is cool, do you have any more stuff like this? I love concept art.

Nice full house, but that's the exact opposite of true

What was the ending?

Are you serious?