What would Morrison's Avengers be like?

If Grant did his whole 12 Gods of olympus thing with the Avengers, what would the roster look like?

Bonus Question: If he tried that with the X-Men as well, expanding the roster, what would that be?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2014/09/04/here-comes-grant-morrisons-miracleman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like this

Morrison doesnt like Cap

american crUSAder mini when?

Morrison will never write for Marvel

he already has

Who is it that Morrison despises at Marvel again? It's not Joey Q, they're really close buddies. It was one of the other editors that retconned Xorn and most of his X-Men run and Marvel Boy.

I mean current Marvel

There's nothing stopping him from coming back.

Never say never.

Morrisom got burned by DC on Superman 2k and went to Marvel.

Them he got burned on the indie stuff he wanted to do and went to DC

Then he got into TV and film and ia doing Happy and Sinatora.

Rucka was burned from DC tok and came back.

Anything is possible as long as he stays alive.

He'll more than likely never write a monthly book again. If Quesada talks him back to Marvel with some (Probably OOC) graphic novels it could happen but I'm not sure what the details of Morrison's DC exclusive contract are.

.When I came to the end of ‘New X-Men, I realized that what I most wanted to do was make up some new characters and try out some original books for the emerging bookstore market. Basically, after a long-run on a top five title with critical eyes my every move, with the weight of forty years history on my back, I felt like escaping back into obscurity for a while.

“As I’ve said before, Marvel aren’t really in a position to publish the kind of left-field work I feel drawn to doing, nor are they set up to offer the creator ownership deals which Vertigo has been known for a decade. I could hardly expect Joe and Bill to re-engineer Marvel’s entire publishing structure to suit my artistic whims and it soon became clear that small press publishers, for all their enthusiasm and energy, didn’t have the kind of budgets that could attract ‘a-list’ talent I wanted to collaborate with, so quite simply there was nobody around to publish the stuff I wanted to do except for Karen Berger at Vertigo, god bless her and all who sail in her ship. as part of my creator deal, I agreed to write some DC characters I’d been dying to get my hands on for a while and at that point I realized my dance card was bulging.

“I have so much work lined up for the next two years (several Vertigo books, three big DCU projects, the ‘Sleepless Knights’ script for ‘Dreamworks’ which is undergoing revision at the moment, a book on magic and a couple of high-profile games projects) that it made sense to accept all the perks of DC’s offer of an exclusive. I already know exactly what I’m writing for the next two years and it’s either for DC or for sources outside comics so I decided to accept the warm, bosomy security of my old alma mater. The marvel years were exciting and creative but quite turbulent and stressful in a lot of different ways. I feel the need to drift along without worries for a while.”

I think its expired by now.

I dont think you can be exclusive and still edit in chief an entire other company.
But yeah, Multiversity burned Moz on monthlies, the insane delay actually made him LOVE the non-monthly grind and he bled into screenwriting anyway.

Hes got like, what three tv shows now? Kinda all explodes at once.

>12 Gods of olympus thing with the Avengers

So like maybe
Zeus = Hercules
Poseidon = Namor
Hephaestus = Iron Man

That kind thing?

I think he hasn't been exclusive in a while; there was an interview where he said he didn't receive comps from DC anymore so I assume that's because he hasn't been exclusive for them (since he's overseeing Heavy Metal and other things).

Holy shit, who are literally 70% procent of characters?

>Tfw most of these characters felt into obscurity

Well, I don't think he'd do the gods of Olympus at all.

I think he'd make them more like the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven.

Unlike JLA up to the early 80's, the Avengers had this sense of being a "family" or group of close-knit friends first and foremost. There was friendship in the JSA/JLA of course, but the Avengers especially starting with the Kooky Quartet actually helped each other grow and improve as people.

Which is why I feel ever since Bendis and later the movie the Avengers has lost its way and just become another team of headliners doing action movie stuff. I think Morrison would bring it back to being a more ragtag team of characters who develop a close bond.

This

This is pretty reasonable. Hell, DC has three imprints now that are more suited to Morrison.

>Magnificent Seven
That seems more like Ennis's shtick, but I don't think you're wrong.

I would actually like to see him on a new Fantastic Four book.

I have a feeling it would have a similar vibe to Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules.

Do you think it might have a similar vibe to the F4 book he already wrote?

Yeah but he also is still writing books for DC and says they send him free omnis and books all the time.

I can't tell if it's from a comic or rule34 art.

comic

About 12 or those people are Euroforce and the Ascendants, a Chinese team from Hickvengers-era Avengers World, written by Spencer.

Euroforce was created for a mid 90's Marvel Italia book. I guess Spencer made up the Ascendants on his own.

a real marvel comic written by grant

I'm looking at the image and I'm starting to realize how design got really generic.

If you were told to churn out a dozen or so new superheroes who are only going to get a handful of appearances at best in the lead-in to an event that is pretty much slate-wiping the MU would you bother bringing your A-game?

Why?

Jemas

Morrison always wanted to come back to DC.

Image has practically made all of DC Imprints useless.

Just another "The best Marvel wife would love to cuck her husband with the man that tries to kill him".

It apparently makes Sue more realistic.

DC does not pander to sjws, user.

I wouldn't take much stock in 1234, it also features Johnny being defeated by rain and the plot hinges on Reed not bothering to tell anyone that Doom is attacking them.

The state of Sup Forums.

>liking Imagay
>ever

Pleb

I really like this idea, maybe a couple of married Avengers, their children, a friend, a pet and a robot.

What's with Logan giving me the Blue Steel?

He technically did a miracleman story with Joe Q like 2 years ago

bleedingcool.com/2014/09/04/here-comes-grant-morrisons-miracleman/

I adore the Captain American 2099 in this and would have read it in a heart-beat.

It's a damn fucking shame it didn't get written.

It sounds like one of those things that is super dependent one the writing, because "traumatized vet digs up Cap's corpse and declares himself the new Captain America" doesn't really sound that appealing as an elevator pitch.

Zeus - Thor
Hera - Sue Storm
Poseidon - Namor
Demeter - Storm
Athena - Captain Marvel
Apollo - Captain America
Artemis - Hawkeye
Ares - Hulk
Aphrodite - Scarlet Witch
Vulcan - Iron Man
Hermes - Vision
Hestia - Firestar
Dionysius - Spider-Man

Some of it's a stretch, but overall not a bad lineup.

girl Hawkeye or boy Hawkeye

Probably Kate, since Clint usually performs better when he's leading a side team or doing his own thing.

In a side book also made up of Olympian analogues, I think Clint could almost make a decent Hades.

Hades - Hawkeye
Persephone - Jessica Jones
Hercules - Hercules
Asclepius - Dr. Strange
Eros - Johnny Storm
Hebe - Squirrel Girl

>Namor
YES! An Avengers book filled with soap-opera drama, who will cheat on who and characters behaving like retards!

Homie, what you just described would be 100 times better than the shit they're pushing out now.

Maybe, but it is trash nonetheless.

You might as well watch this instead of destroying an Avengers book.

Stick to your containment thread.

>An Avengers book filled with soap-opera drama, who will cheat on who and characters behaving like retards!
i.e Every Avengers book

Not current Marvel, but the power structure in place is unsustainable. There will be shakeups eventually.

I hate to say it, but Morrison's Avengers would be a lot like Bendis's. He'd take all the popular characters that everyone likes, the A-listers of Marvel, and put them all on the team along with maybe one or two more obscure characters that he wants to give more love to. The whole point of his JLA run was to clear house of all the C- and D-listers that made up the league and rebuild it and make it relevant so it would sell books again. Bendis did something similar with Avengers Disassembled and the New Avengers. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Source? I guess it makes sense for Brits to dislike him simply by his name alone.

So Marvel won't let him go crazy with their characters like DC does?

>Athena - Captain Marvel

Carol? Lol no, She-Hulk would fit Athena more.

Carol is like Ares except you know they already have an Ares.

>I guess it makes sense for Brits to dislike him simply by his name alone.
British comic book writers love Superman though.

>all this Namor as Poseidon
>Not Stingray

Plebs

Let Namor fans have that.

Maybe with Morrison on board, Namor would finally have a good story (even though 1234 was shit).

If Morrison had been writing it I'm pretty sure it would have been great, especially in the 2099 world which isn't massively bogged down.

I can even see Millar writing an alright version of it.

Which is weird because for all his faults I think that Whedon understood this part better than anybody else.

>Zeus = Hercules
It would be Thor. Thunder God and everything.

Yea Grant never got the FF that much is obvious. Same goes for Wonder Woman.

His Earth One is promising but he def needs to flesh her out.

Do you know anything about Dionysus? Like, at all?

Thor and Hulk weren't in Bendis' Avengers, and Wolverine being on the team fulltime is pretty dumb when he's a full time X-Man too.

Morrison's JLA brought back the OG cast, and also added new members to the team.

Had Bendis brought back the OG cast and added Spider-Man and Luke Cage I'd be tempted to agree, but he didn't do that.

Earth One is nothing more than a boilerplate WW origin rehash, like we get every few years. It's also supposed to be part one of three which makes it feel a bit like a cash grab.