Emma Frost

Have they done anything with Emma between IvX and now? At the end of IvX she's puttin on that Judge Dredd lookin helmet then she's in Secret Empire for 2 panels as a leader along side Beast? The fuck?

Bumping this and asking for a X-thread.

i think they're just disregarding IvX at this point because it was so bad. apparently medusa has a chunk of emma's diamond form from her face too, but they haven't done anything with that either

>then she's in Secret Empire for 2 panels as a leader along side Beast? The fuck?
So you didn't read the X-men Blue comic where she tried to mindrape teen Scott and turn him into Rightclops

she will be in the next 3 issues of Jean Grey, it seems the ghost of dead adult Jean Grey (who may be the Phoenix), has possessed Emma, because she wants to teach young Jean something, and the only way to do it is with Emma's mind. As in, Adult Jean will train young Jean using Emma's mindscape.

in the last months, Emma has been a villain in X-Men Blue, and an antihero in the Secret Empire event main books. Marvel didnt care much about the contradiction, and contradicting portrayals are better than her being 100% crazy widow ex girlfriend villain.

>>in the last months, Emma has been a villain in X-Men Blue, and an antihero in the Secret Empire event main books. Marvel didnt care much about the contradiction, and contradicting portrayals are better than her being 100% crazy widow ex girlfriend villain.
what exactly was the contradiction?

in X-Men Blue Emma is putting dissenters in concentration camps for psychic reeducation, the police in New Tian discriminates against humans.
Magneto sends the O5 to rescue political prisoners, they later get captured except for Jean and Jimmy Hudson, and Emma tries to mind rape young Cyclops into becoming her idealized version of adult Cyclops, while seeming crazy and not being able to tell apart the old one from the young one.

In the Secret Empire event she helps bring down Captain Hydra, she works with Magneto, and her conversation with Beast makes them look like fighters against fascism who showed mutantkind how great a mutant republic can be, like an inspiration for the future.

she was controlling Xorn with an infinity gem, otherwise, Xorn is immune to telepathy. Xorn was believed to be the leader of New Tian, in reality it was her.

I forgot the worst thing. In Blue it is revealed she and Havok (who is still inverted from Axis), are working with Miss Sinister and Bastion (Bastion now wants to increase the number of mutants because there are too few, he is programmed with killing mutants as main directive, and if he kills them all he will die too)

>she will be in the next 3 issues of Jean Grey
On a scale of very to completely, how hard is Hopeless going to butcher her?

Completely Hopeless.

I still don't see any contradictions.
New Tian seemed like a great place for mutants to be at the expense of humans.
Emma helped overthrow the rule of the top human on the planet.
And she still has a boner for Cyke.
Seems alright to me.

I dont know, I cant imagine him writing a nuanced catfight as well as Morrison.

I imagine some kind of schadenfraude-slutshaming for destroying a marriage a decade and a half ago. Jean saved the life of Emma more than once, the first time when the Hellions got killed (although she also put Emma in comma)

> imagine some kind of schadenfraude-slutshaming
And it's gonna be portrayed as a feminist victory like we're supposed to be empowered by this Madonna-whore complex every x-men writer has where the good pure females(kitty,Storm, jean grey) always need to dress down Emma.

Why they always do this with Emma? Why not Psylocke?

Because Emma is an actually threat to the status quo.

When was the last time they did that?

Like pretty fucking recently in X-men: Blue.

And what is the exact problem with that page?
The "I knew you were messed up" part? It doesn't seem like a dig to me, she means that Cyclops's death affected Emma deeply.

I'm really hoping Emma succeeds here. Or at least makes TeenClops realize how Right his adult self was.

after what jean did to iceman, she has no room to criticize emma here

Why bother, we'll get the OG one back eventually and will be right in the world.

you know they're going to fuck it up though

There is always hope.

No, you will see, they won't fuck up thungs this time. You' ll see ;_;

what's mags opinion on all of this?

Nope, both Blue and Gold teams looked like shit so I didnt bother with either of them

>Tfw there's always hopeless
It hurts

>you can't force it
>keep brainwashing everybody who disagree with her in the recent runs

>I don't want you, but emma can't have you either
Jean is such shit

Yeah, but she finally realized that it's wrong to do it.

Here's hoping! I just hope when he does, he's recognized unequivocally as the hero he really is.

he's coming back as a new Apocalypse

>That position
How is she lying down like that?

Yung Cyke doesn't want no old hoes though.

The human body has these things called joints and if you aren't an obese cow you can keep them flexible enough to fit into that position

That cause young cyke is an objectively inferior one compared to the one we used to have.

What happens if emma goes diamond form mid sex?

Then wouldn't Jean be doing Emma a favor, by persuading her not to settle for less?

Well, you know the phrase "my dick is diamonds"? You would have to add "crushed by" to it.

No because Emma was trying to fix young cyke back into normal cyclops and Jean stopped that.

inferior cocks would be crushed

>tfw absolutely love this team but it went nowhere
Fuck you Bendis. Still, at least he didn't fuck any characters up.

you know, they've still never brought back the real Apocalypse (noe of this clone shit they've been doing) from Peter Milligan's Uncanny X-Men run way back when.
He'd finally decided that he wasn't the strongest and fittest to survive, and resigned himself to die when the Celestials stepped in and whisked him off for whatever plan they had for him. As far as I know that's never been dealt with again.

Now that I think about it she should've just mindraped Beast into making another time machine and pulling OG Cyclops back into present days right from before his death.

would it completely ruin her as a character if she fucks a student or former student?

Imagine her age is 34 (she was 27 in Morrisons run, 5 years must have passed since then, +8 months skip before and after Secret Wars)

Empath was 20 in 2009 when he appeared in Uncanny X-Men. He must be like 23 now, and I guess the New Mutant characters are that age too (except for Karma who was always older, and Illyana who was aged, deaged, and dead many years)

Wait, is that teen Jean throwing shade at Emma for mind-fucking someone? LMAO, look in the mirror Jean.

The only way your joints will allowe you to lie like that is if they are broken.

in the last X-Men Blue she asks Teen Cyclops why all his ex-girlfriends are evil, referring to Emma and Maddie.

Oh my god this woman has broken herself

but illyana spent a lot of time on that soul hunt, so she's probably at ~23 too

what's the problem in fucking FORMER students? past 21 yo you're absolutely adult enough to have a relationship with anyone, even 60/70 yo people

I know that the students are emma's soft spot but a graduated student is fair game, and some, when the age start to hit and can't bear children (emma's eggs are gone), well...

Look at the meta of it too.
This is Marvel saying we should move on from rightclops...by going right back to 05 cyclops.

>people wanting characters to just fuck other characters
What the fuck is wrong with this board

Emma and Scott should be together as a married couple as should Spidey and Black Cat Stop fucking giving Marvel retarded ideas you fuckwits.

plus emma already has kids in a way, the cuckoos could technically be considered her daughters

Illyana is functionally ageless and presumably chooses to appear the age she wants

to me her arcane might and willpower / soulsword prevented the second spell from affecting her(a potential mortal one). yes she has limited spellcasting outside of limbo, but her magic defenses works well (magic wards vs the demon bear) thanks to the soulsword and the eldritch armor

Seeing the Inhumans franchise crash and burn gives me so much pleasure.

Will real Scott ever return?

You don't think being deaged can be fatal?

If Logan, Jean and Professor X can't return, then neither can Scott.

Depends, Enchantress clearly did the first one to show her power, and when the second one, much scarier and potentially fatal triggered her defense. It was a magically induced de-aging, so it could be magically lifted anytime to return the person to her normal status - because the normal status remain (her biological 15yo body). Like a curse that could be lifted, Illyana shrugged her spell, something that a character without a arcane power would hardly do, and that's why Enchantress was impressed and more interested. Ageless beings isn't big deal in Asgard, but another source of arcane power that could resist her? That's much more intriguing. We could also interpret that Illyana's defenses were already lifting the first spell and tanked the second like it was nothing. So until Claremont himself says something, it was just a magic defense feat.

we really need Marvel to publish some big splash page with the biological age of the main x men characters as of now.

>hopeless

My introduction to this guy was Avengers Arena and it was enough to make me avoid anything with his name on it.

Was he like Bendis who started good and went to shit, or was he always this bad?

Like an Encyclopedia?

I feel you and that spoiler senpai.

Emma needs a new school, it's her traditional MO. She should rebuild the Hellfire Academy with or without the most recent batch of kids.Yost Era Hellions reform as teachers.

Illyana is the ruler of Limbo. You don't see any other hell lords dying of old age

yes, or a big ass timeline from characters in their teens to characters in their 40s (Magneto I guess if you only consider his biological age, Banshee who is alive, just sleeping in an Avengers capsule as a horseman of Apocalypse)

I guess most classic characters are in the 30-35 range, with new mutants + empath and warpath being close to 25, gen exers close to 21-22, and the 2000s kids (hellion, cuckoos, quentin, surge) forever 17 never graduating, although I think they should have already.

Increase all those age ranges by 5 years and we need a new class, Asap.

How old is Laura Kinney now?

I'd put her at 20.

What characters would you put together for a new class of X-Men? What would be important to show about kids today?

You know it's a shitshow and really bad when I look back at the decimation era and think how much better it was.

X-Men comics have been suffering for a real real long time.

She clearly ages when outside of limbo (and she even aged that seven years while inside limbo, but that's before she had the control of the dimension so it's okay), and when she's outside of limbo, she's *almost* a normal mutant girl. I would agree with you that the Darkchylde is a ageless hell lord, but she keep restraining the demon power to be normal. I think that this hell lord argument would work on Earth only if the Darkchylde in full demonic form existed and the human form was 100% dead and Limbo was leaking to Earth again.

But that's are we arguing about her normal body aging on Earth, she could potentially expand her lifetime by porting to Limbo every time she was not doing anything on Earth to stop the aging process of her normal body, specially sleeping to restore energy or in a boring day.

One "night" in limbo were she has control of everything while only half a second would pass on Earth would keep her earthly body young for decades.

She could also do some hideous rejuvenating ritual, but that would probably require human blood sacrifice.

Maybe i'm being too autistic but she's not a natural born demon, so I assume that her desire to be herself and not the darkchylde limits her potential, similar to what Limbo's Storm suffered

I just don't think writers are willing to go deep on it and upgrade Illyana's threat level to Actual Hell Lord.

I am not thinking of having a new class. I am just thinking of allowing the young xmen from the 2000s that have useful powers and people like to graduate. I may be misremembering but I think some of them already graduated in Wolverine and the X-Men but it is ignored. Like Quentin.

Basically, the Morrison kids (cuckoos, quentin, glob, ernst and martha) + Armor, Hellion, Surge, Genesis, Pixie, Rockslide and Anole.

Id rather see them graduate and leave, and be in limbo/college, that forever as student wallpaper.
the Aaron characters and the 5 Lights of Hope should be the young ones wearing school uniforms.

>She clearly ages when outside of limbo

Does she? She doesn't look noticeably different in NM 73 compared to NM 14, after accounting for change in artists and the "in" art styles.

However, the important thing is the in terms of her "mental age", she can be much older than she seems. Ever since New Mutants #14 she has always placed a high value on fitting in with the rest of the people that she seems to be the same age as. I don't doubt that she enjoys acting like a 20 something girl. Piotr, Kitty, Sam, Dani and even Rahne are important to her as the ties to her humanity and she maintains those ties by being what they expect her to be.

My niggest of niggas

never have I been more glad that I stopped reading marvel after secret invasion
breaking up scott and emma is a crime

Put the ones thay are on Generation X right now and we have a deal.

Hopeless has never been good. Passable at best, and that's very very rare.

What happened to Basilisk and Beak? Did they actually graduated?

Morrison Kids +Yost Kids need a shot at being the main roster.

Beak left the school after House of M because he got depowered. Ended up on the New Warriors, I think.

Yeah, and we don't need more "heroes" turning into villains. But unfortunately, current Illyana is omega level threat already and seems hard to write. I think the time traveling effect of her disks already broke the character, Claremont at least limited it a lot, while last writers have her traveling in the timeline like a walk in the park, but at least they are more down to Earth regarding what she can do in Limbo (she needed help to port the mansion to limbo, and also had to personally keep the demons in check to protect X-Haven to the point of stuff going out of control when Sinister captured her) so no more "absolute control like a god".

But that said, well, she still super broken in fights without her teleport in check since well, why not bring her to solve all the X-men fights by teleporting whatever they face to Limbo out of nowhere.

Maybe it was my interpretation, maybe Marvel Time, but I remember Logan comment after Kitty pulled her and they did a mediscan that she looked like a perfectly health 13yo girl (yes 13, but let's consider 14), and at NM14 she comments that almost a year has passed and that she's 15 now, and her body matching Dani, not Rahne, but I'm not sure how much time has passed since NM 14 and 55, but I felt that all characters were...growing, but when Simonson assumed they clearly wanted to maintain the characters in that 15-16 years. Sam was almost looking like a man to me before Claremont left. And later, after her return and shit, she's looked like a young woman and now after several events without fucking up with her age, she looks as adult as Kitty and the others of her time.

But I'm into your mental age stuff + her humanity ties. I think we agree on this, I just trying to keep the character more down to earth by treating her as a mutant human that wields the powers of limbo as a demon lord (and vulnerable to lose it) and sorceress supreme, but not as a Demon Lord that happened to be a mutant girl once

Half of current generation should have been graduated by now. QQ, Roxy, Anole, Cuckoos at the VERY least.

Shit, thinking about how terrible the time-scale has been in the last decade made me realize that there have been like 5 universal invasions in roughly three years.

Don't forget how fresh the Genoshan Genocide actually is for everyone still living.

>x-men age
>x-men timeline
>x-men character killed, revived, killed again, revived, de-age
>x-men character discussed if it actually ages or not
>young version of the x-men character coming from a different timeline

government should do something to enforce companies on writing a solid timeline

>government
Editorial?

no, we need federal laws at this point, it's too fucked up!

Teach me how to do it senpai. Im sick

What're some good books involving Spider-Man and Black Cat? I haven't read much spidey but I like both of em

>You've changed the thoughts of those around you for as long as I've known you

I knew it. I knew it!

She really did make Bobby gay!

Can I rewrite XB where the whole issue is Emma sexually awakening Tyke ala Labyrith?

The X-Men's ages aren't that hard to remember cause they're tied with Spider-Man.

Wolverine Mystique Cable and Magneto are the oldest.

Than Professor X he's 10 years older than Beast

Jean Scott Warren Emma and Storm are the same age as Spider-Man and a few years younger than Beast

Iceman is the youngest of the originals but still older than Nightcrawler and Colossus

Rogue and Rachel are younger than them and Kitty and Jubes brings up the rear.

Emma's older than Spidey.