ITT: Creators who didn't become hacks towards the end of their respected series

ITT: Creators who didn't become hacks towards the end of their respected series.

Stop being such a pussy and just make your Hirsch/GF/Mabel hate thread already.

Antonucci is brilliant.

just kidding

just kidding again

Had a giggle at that recent interview with Roiland and Harmon where the former announced he was working on a sci-fi animation pilot for Fox and the latter knew nothing about it, then proceeded to derail the interview asking why he didn't bring it to him first.

Harmon must be a repellent piece of shit to work for.

Think if harmon leaves rick and morty and justin takes over then the series will be good again? fat chance of that happening but if it did

I don't know. "Harmonquest" seems fun enough.

Baitposting much?

>using your own name for the title.
Not even Macfarlane is that transparent.

Calling Tartakovosky a hack is a wage in death

Harmon is bad at some things but he's the reason the show ever had good storytelling

One day he may get some sleep

McCracken has always looked like an absolute mess.

It’s literally DND episode:The Series. You’d probably have more fun browsing fucking 1d4chan than you would watching HarmonQuest.

>he's the reason the show ever had good storytelling
But it didn’t. The Show’s strongsuit was going on silly and wacky adventures and not worrying about Storytelling. The second the writers thought they were capable of telling actual stories, was the moment R&M went to shit.

does he ever not look like the personification of "Fuck my shit up"

No, he's looked like that (except thinner) since the 90s.

I'd argue it's somewhere in the middle. Rick and Morty from the start needed Harmon there to make something digestible from Justin's insanity, otherwise you'd just get a lot of incomprehensible bullshit, which isn't always bad (Xavier reference here), but wouldn't have made the series as big as it is today.

The problem with Rick and Morty since Season 1 is that you can tell that Harmon desperately wants to write the next Moral Orel, but doesn't have anywhere near the skills that those writers had of making reprehensible yet painfully human characters, nor the grace to make a wacky cynical show slowly descend into the depths of the human condition. So what you wind up with is a bunch of shallow nihilistic sociopaths jerking each other off while the multiverse burns down around them. The audience eventually disconnects from their bullshit because there's just nothing to feel for anymore.

That's probably why I really want to see an Alex Hirsh and Justin Roiland collab show come to fruition, because I think that Alex has the knack for writing damn good stories with interesting but likable characters, while Roiland would keep Alex from ever taking things to seriously, while also being a good reason for Alex to not abandon the show halfway through, leaving half the show undone without resolution.

man I love Billy Joel

Kek

I agree[

Genndy did nothing wrong, also there's something ominous about that Mavis in the background.

Who is this and what did he make?

Dan Schneider, creator of Johnny Test.

Andrew hussie

Craig McCracken, creator of The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Wonder Over Yonder

Yeah, he became a hack around the middle.

Seth McFarlene, husband of Daron Nefcy, and creator of Rick and Morty.