Concrete love thread

Why aren't Americans building their homes from concrete? They can easily survive a tornado attack and they are cheap.

Will "brutalism" come back thanks to Trump? Will US wall be brutal in style?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-D2WRFPUxUg

smartage.pl/okragle-bloki-moskwie/

m.youtube.com/watch?v=et_XTW9nY1U

Brutalism became a politically incorrect topic in architecture and I want to know why.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE
youtube.com/watch?v=HB2jgJJG2is
youtube.com/watch?v=0tFWn_e71qc
tigersheds.com/product/zombie-fortification-cabin-zfc-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wanting commie blocks

They are just barely better than living on the streets. I know, because I spent the first half of my life in one. That commie block was quite luxurious by commie block standards, tho.

You can buid a pretty comfy commie block if you really want to. It's 2016. Just use some imagination.

Those places are fucking shitholes.
Our commie blocks are usually gypsy nests

Looks like something right out of the 60s

Blame people living in them, not the buildings.

because us americans want big wooden houses with giant yards
also because we didn't cut down all our trees and structural lumber is stupidly cheap

You used to have many fine concrete buildings. Then you blew them all up... why?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE

Brutalism ages pretty shitty
but with some help from modern facades it can look pretty god tier, the shapes themselves aren't that bad it's the gray concrete skin that induces depression

Concrete falls apart in earthquakes dildo.

Stupid euros

And then you wonder why Democrats are burning down your churches. They are made from wood!

>church
>wood
proper churches are made from holy stone carted for thousands of miles by true saints

Even if you run steel rods through it?

sure it does....

youtube.com/watch?v=HB2jgJJG2is

>implying it really matters once you are inside the flat as long as you are not affected by shitty neighbors

>Why aren't Americans building their homes from concrete?
because
>Harder to cool/warm
>steel reinforcement is expensive
>most people in america like homes instead of hard unchangable shit
>wood is plentiful lasts well enough and can be repaired/changed easily
>time to build with wood is quicker

We have lots of wood products and knowledge of wood construction is ubiquitous and cheap. There are firms that know how to do concrete well for residential but not many want to pay and plan for it. Some areas have a lot of housing turnover and 30 years is considered an old house. The seemingly perpetual rise of housing prices has created a situation where old wooden houses are torn down, a new one rebuilt with the expectation that it will last at most 50 years before market forces cause it to be torn down for something better.

I live in Virginia and in the affluent northern parts all of the new construction are townhouses or mcmansions. No one wants to use concrete for anything but foundation. There are some high-rise complexes being constructed inside the beltway though.

In Richmond you simply cannot get a concrete building approved within many parts of the city, the only option is to use existing scenic buildings. People are gutting old brick factories and turning them in to apartment complexes rather than building a modern concrete housing complex.

Too bad its still a commie block.

Modernist architecture and city planning is degenerate. It destroys the community spirit fostered by traditional styles and planning and leads to anomie. We must do everything in our power to oppose it.

This is what architecture could look like today if modernism never happened.

Brutalism is horrible.
Here in Italy they demolished a lot of fine old buildings in the historical city centres to make room for those shitty concrete blocks during the 50s/60s.

Comfy

Comfy too

Last one

Fuck concrete, fuck wood, bricks are the comfiest.

Art Deco is still my all time fave

>posts picture showing clear modernist influences

modernised commie blocks from the DDR in East Germany

Looks nice

damn commies, way to fuck up the beautiful german landscape

Those are specifically built to withstand earthquakes though.

It's quite interesting how it works actually.
youtube.com/watch?v=0tFWn_e71qc

Too cold during winter I'm Canada as well as more expensive than plywood and wood houses

brutalism a best

a e s t h e t i c as fuck

My nigga

burtalism a shit

caves aren't considered homes, bozgor

We got some of these here

>this thread

Good designs withstand the test of time.

Not get demolished and rebuilt every 20 years.

A fine example of brutalism from Milan

at first I thought that muricans were too poor to build concrete buildings
then, after reading that thread I realised they were too misinformed and too stupid to build concrete buildings

>the beauty of brutalism

A jew wrote this.

>building gets wider at the top
absolute fucking madmen

>this is almost hot

KEK
nice one sir

that looks prety ugly. Buldings need a relation to eachother, you can't just plop down some giant structers each one giving a diffrent atmosphere. This is probaly the hardest thing for architects, building buldinges so they relate to eachother but don't look to mutch as eachother.

>unironically liking this garbage instead of an art style reflecting local art and heritage

Ugly and it hurts looking

because it's ugly and we're not poor

brutalism isn't attractive, it's "so easy a nigger can do it"

It's mostly just ugly as hell, and you don't need it tornado proof homes.
Just slightly better building regulations would do, though considering the boxes and matchstick constructs they call buildings this would likely send over half of all americans under the poverty line.

Kind of reminds me of the old telephone tower in Stockholm.

>tfw not having a dedicated line to your house in the 1800s

Why is this footage so old? were they demolished?

you're all a bunch of faggots with you cummie blocks and smushed together british houses.

pic related is how a true man lives.

I used to autistically believe it would be comfy to live in a concrete commie block because at least with concrete you get peace and quiet - more or less.

I'd happily build and live in a concrete house, for the longevity and soundproofing benefits, but I would never build it to look like those fucking ugly ass soul-destroying brutalist pieces of trash.

at least someone who is not posting shitty Haussmanian buildings

Can't even compete with Russia.

Unfortunately not.

But give it time. The area is 99% muslim. It will collapse someday.

Gas the poles

>not living in a plastic juche block

that must have been fucking crazy to look at

Ugly Fascist and Commie architecture.

I actually lived in Puteaux, not very far from these abominations (called after Pablo Picasso for some reason, even Picasso doesn't deserve getting him name tarnished like that).

Haussmannian buildings were the commie blocks of the late 1800s

>no shower
>no toilet
>no water

Nigga what are you gonna do in case of diarrhea

>Having to mow your roof.
I think I'll pass on that one.

Soviet blg the best. Rated 5 megatons.

Yeah and Puteaux is more 99% white than 99% muslim kek
But I agree that this place (Picasso) is shitty

It's like 2% of people who can afford it

Must have been a paradise for all the birds tho. Lines everywhere to sit and chill on.

Haussman is based.
Literally did nothing wrong opening the greats boulevards in Paris.

Or this I've always found silly but cool.

Looks like something from the Hunger Games

tigersheds.com/product/zombie-fortification-cabin-zfc-1/

These crazy shits at this shed company have released a zombie survival house.

>not building your UFOs out of concrete

stay pleb

I would kill for something like this.

I hope brutalism will return

I know. You go from actual France to Africa with a 5 minutes walk.
Though we have the same phenomenon in London.

le tree nigger 15% ancestry confirmed.

Literally concreted slabs held with tar.
I remember scrubbing it off the sides of buildings.

>Concrete falls apart in earthquakes dildo.

when will ameritards learn

>soviet brutalism/brutalism
you already know wsup, niggas such as , know wsup and are my niggers

>In another timeline the USSR is currently building a colony ship to Alpha Centauri made out of lunar regolith based concrete.

>SHTF house
pffft That thing is meme tier

Get on my level.

nah i'm eastern european migrated to glorious america, I hate comie blocks, houses with no yards, and big cities. I will live in the woods soon enough in a cabin. And I'll mow my roof if I have to.

yea looks perfect for synthesizing lsd down there and throwing wild MDMA/DMT parties.

makes me sad desu

This guy knows. Obviously hardened homes are big targets. It would make for a bitchn' HQ for a new settlement to rebuild around, though.

le termitière

>brutalism
no NO NO!!!!!

please god no

It comes with furniture, a TV, Xbox and random other stuff.

It's genius.

A house like that would be 150K $

There's some Victorian era houses just down the street from where I live and I want to live a house like them someday

RIP Scollay Square

>tfw you are already on that level.

It's a lot of work.

If they had been demolished intentionally they would have been demolished unintentionally coming the next earthquake.

Make America Art Deco Again