It's taken me a while, but I think I understand why Trump is so popular in Sup Forums...

It's taken me a while, but I think I understand why Trump is so popular in Sup Forums. The population of Sup Forums is largely comprised of young, teenaged, white, suburban, males living in privileged middle-class households. In this social milieu, conformity is a valued survival trait. The ability to look and sound like everyone else is how a young man keeps his place in the social hierarchy. However, what sets the young men in Sup Forums apart is that they spend a significant amount of time online where they can be anonymous. Why? Because, by and large, they are not able to "blend in," not able to pass for "normal," and as a result they have spent most of their short lives near the bottom of what they regard as the most important yardstick for social importance.

One need only look at the savage bullying, the toxic displays of what teenaged boys regard as masculinity, and the desperate attempts to look dominant -- but which are really just domineering -- by young men whose ideas about what a "man" is come from comic books and Hollywood action movies.

Donald Trump epitomizes what the young men of Sup Forums regard as dominant: loud, bombastic, rude, threatening, crass, and obsessed with material concerns about wealth and power. And the narrative he presents of an uncouth outsider smashing down the walls of snobby intellectuals is one we've seen used by everyone from Adolf Hitler to Pol Pot with great effect, leading to the same sort of fierce tribalism and xenophobia displayed in Sup Forums.

I'll be interested to see whether this vanishes off the bottom of Sup Forums unremarked or gets savaged and mocked; both seem equally likely.

A FUCKING NAZI

tl;dr

Wow. Insult the people you're trying to persuade. That sure will convince them.

>Insult the people you're trying to persuade.

Why would you refer to them as "people"?

WHITE PRIVILEGE, of fucking course, you people have nothing but shaming techniques and character assassination. By the way, how's Germany these days cuck?

another day, another Germany low effort copypasta

>nothing but shaming techniques
>character assassination
>how's Germany these days cucks?

The irony. The lack of self-awareness.

I want more muslims and niggers in my country and women should be telling me what to do. I am German living in USA.

A FUCKING KRIKE
BREADBARE DHE OBEN!

Am I lying?

Please. He deserves to be heard.

Yes, I am sure it took your low energy brain a long time to come up with this.

Fairly accurate but missing the greater context of a decaying America.

I wouldn't say that engaging in the very attacks you accuse your opponent of constitutes "lying", no.

REMOVE THE GIKE OBEN FULL BOVER!

So pointing out that Germany is falling apart is the same as calling someone racist now? Got it.

Thank you, and you are right, but I thought that goes without saying.

>Got it.

I don't think you do. "Getting it" requires reading comprehension.

No because pointing out facts that are substantiated is the same thing as baseless accusations, you're right.

His people won more nobel prizes than our people combined. I really think he deserves to be heard.

That is an odd way to spell "strawman", but you've sure attacked him hard. Congrats.

Sure, Trump symbolizes an inflated masculinity and egotism. This isn't appealing to us because of the reasons you give, it's because our we're reacting to our culture being forcibly plunged into an overly-sensitive, victim-glorifying, self-righteous, self-flagellating, feminist hell, manufactured through oligarchy and the media, which has been destroying racial and gender relations, and eroding national/cultural identity, especially among the straight white males.
So yeah, we're pissed, and Trump will be president. Get fucked.

Wow, that's a lot of projection.

I only support Trump because of Shillary's stance on gun control. But keep on keeping on or whatever.

It's actually a pasta

>plunged into an overly-sensitive, victim-glorifying, self-righteous, self-flagellating

How is this different from how Sup Forums reacted when Hillary called you "deplorables"?

You have something against background checks?

Interesting.

Germans are worst posters

Yeah, that's totes the whole story. You are completely correct in assuming the only thing I want to prevent is a law already in place.

What I actually am against is another Assault Weapons Ban (AKA Scary Black Rifle ban) and magazine limits, among other things. And on a less probable note, it'd be really cool if the new appointed justice supported repealing the Hughes Amendment so that we could own full-auto weapons produced after 1986. I don't have high hopes for this happening any time soon, but it sure as shit won't with a Hillary-appointed blue justice.

You do realize that without the liberal judges gay marriage would never have been legalized and the constitutionality of Obamacare would not have been upheld.

I will never understand why conservatives care more about gun rights than human rights.

We're memeing. It's means to an end, you have to understand. We don't actually give a fuck about words, we're just beating them at their own shitty game.
The issue is that we know how deplorable Hillary herself is. Her hypocrisy and condescension in the wake of her unfolding corruption arouses our bloodlust. We know she represents the continuation of the very establishment we want burned to the ground, so understandably, we refuse to take shit from her.
Nice dubs btw

I'm all for gay rights and shit, but gun rights affect me personally.

Don't make me choose between my own interests and the interests of people I will never meet, because I will choose for myself every time. If Democrats would drop the gun control angle, they'd probably have a much higher hold of power.

>arouses our bloodlust
>want burned to the ground

I think you pretty much proved what I was trying to say here:
>One need only look at the savage bullying, the toxic displays of what teenaged boys regard as masculinity, and the desperate attempts to look dominant -- but which are really just domineering -- by young men whose ideas about what a "man" is come from comic books and Hollywood action movies.

Does health care reform not affect you personally too?

Not really, since I get full coverage through my work.

"Fuck you, I got mine!", then?

No, it's "Fuck you, if you want my help stop trying to screw me over."

I can't say I agree with you, but you seem level-headed and I would like to thank you for taking me seriously instead of frothing at the mouth like everyone else in this thread.

I hope you get to keep your guns and enjoy them for a long time.

>Armchair psychology
>Projection

Sickening brah

Woah! Really made me think...

You're reading too much into it and bending over backwards to undermine men through shallow psychoanalysis, which is the typical smug and self-righteous reaction among liberals/feminists/SJWs that, in fact, proves my point.

Sweet, sweet projection.

I'm not sure you have a handle on this proof thing

It isn't working anymore.

Let me kiss you user.

You unironically quoted the "masculinity learned from hollywood movies" meme like some mid 90's self help book salesman.

Neck yourself.

>Let me kiss you user.

You may kiss me now.

>It's taken me a while, but I think I understand why Trump is so popular in Sup Forums

I know you're stupid. But you need to go back and try to understand again because you're got it all wrong cunt.

see

>Quoting something directed at you

Are you actively trying to look like an imbecile?

You don't own words. They are free for everyone.

I like how everyone ITT is triggered but no one has posted a valid response

Clinton supports trade agreements that are little more than protectionism designed to benefit multinationals rather than nation states

ISDS provisions in particular will not only guarantee that the United States will ever have cost effective UHC, they will be used to assail the health care systems of european countries - the ability of their governments to negotiate prices, specifically

>but that was *before*! Clinton doesn't support the TPP any more!"

you do realize that's what she would call one of her "public positions", right? it's not the one her husband had when he did his part in getting the post national corporate protectionist ball in motion over two decades ago, and definitely not the position she takes in private at the dinners and conferences she attends hosted by the ultra wealthy elite

No, what you're doing is taking violent language and making two logical leaps with it. 1) You are insisting that it must correlate to actual violent urges, for which there is no basis. And 2) you are projecting those urges onto the culture instead of the individual, again, without any basis.

The phrase "burn it to the ground" has always been synonym for "destroy" or "eliminate." When someone says he wants to "burn the establishment to the ground," he does not mean that he wants to literally walk up to Capitol Hill with a flamethrower strapped to his back. He means he wants the establishment dismantled. You seem smart enough to know that, but you are so focused on comparative collective identity and critical theory that you are willfully blinding yourself to obvious truths.

That wasn't the point of the post, you look like an imbecile.

And you have the temerity to act self-superior in this obvious slide thread and demand argumentation.

Your mid 90's self-help armchair psychology doesn't merit a response.

>Your mid 90's self-help armchair psychology doesn't merit a response.

And yet I got one out of you. Several, in fact. Thank you.

>Durr hurr Thankyou for responding

Neck yourself, sage.

Try making sense next time, autist.

Thank you for responding again.

Much appreciated.

It's ok, I didn't expect anything better.

Congrats on your beautiful, beautiful trips, by the way.