Well Sup Forums?

>The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time.

>No two things on Earth are equal or have an equal chance. Not a leaf, not a tree... I don't think race or country matters a damn. What matters... Is justice.

>I'll be treated as I deserve, not as my father deserved.

Do you agree? How can you not?

He's got a point.

Yea. Agreed. But Kilraine is also saying don't be a nigger.

Sure but not all blacks are niggers.

I agree. He is saying life isn't fair and it never will be. Black people realize that and move on. Niggers don't.

Group dynamics is a real thing

There are decent individual blacks out there, but you better believe if there is a group of blacks trouble will follow.

I feel like libertarian Sup Forums would agree but nazi Sup Forums never will.

Great book, pretty good movie.

That is kind of what I think. The point of the scene is Kilraine explaining to his Colonel that while he is a good man with good values, in the end he is an idealist and naive. Kilraine is the aged veteran. Kilriane hates aristocracy.

The colonel doesnt realize the connection and has his own misgivings about blacks. He doesn't know them but believes strongly they should be free. He meets one at Gettysburg and is immediately disgusted but checks himself on it.

He is judging them by a group no matter, he is judging them as good. Kilraine doesn't really agree with that.

I could go on, but that is always how I saw the scene in the book and movie. It has been awhile since reading it but its a great book.

history is powerful.
EVERY
SINGLE
RACE
has accomplished significant societal feats by themselves, even Eskimos and American Indians. the natives of China took over the whole damn nation.

EXCEPT FOR BLACKS CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT? thousands of years of fucking nothing but being helped and trampled on. all their kingdoms were MUSLIM because Arabs converted them and shared blueprints and knowledge, AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE ANY KINGDOMS AT ALL BECAUSE ARABS LEFT. today the successful parts of Africa are the ones WHITES inhabit

I don't judge an Arab because most of his people want to Allahu Akbar simply due to his capabilities as an intellectual thanks to not being black. they have already proven themselves capable in the past, in this sense life was not fair and the Arab horde failed to invest in technology because at the time religious zealous was the key to power. they are forgiven; niggers have proven nothing and shall be hated forever.

Ideally yes.

But I don't have all the time and resources in the world to study every man and his motives.

Stereotypes evolved for a reason, as a shortcut to make decisions quickly. If a black man in a hoodie approaches me in the dark, I'll go by the most likely scenario and assume he has bad intentions.

race is just a convenient filter.

As a middle easterner, I don't mind being checked at the airport because of stereotypes.

People have their judgement, it is up to you to prove them wrong.

Just judge men as you know them, it's not hard.

Nice little principle to have, but it is completely unactionable. By necessity we generalize. We ought seek to do it as accurately as we can, but we must do it all the same.

I find it perfectly actionable.

Then you have the privilege of not having to think beyond individual level. But you don't really take each man as they come anyway. I assume you approach the man behind the register as if he is ready to perform a transaction, even though it is physically possible he doesn't work there at all and is just in a grocers apron or some such thing.

We generalize and judge out of necessity. You just aren't aware you do it, which makes you very dangerous.

I love people who think the basis for IQ, pattern recognition, is somehow anti-intellectual when applied to humans, for absolutely no reason other than dogma.

Every encounter in life is picking the best odds, and I'm sorry but if you want the best odds you never bet on black.

If you don't discriminate on basic visual information (The only information available to you in most encounters) you are quite simply a fucking retard.

Sounds like you're making up scenarios and non-existent problems because you're startled other people prove your claim of it being "completely unactionable" false.

No, I'm not startled, you just don't understand what it would actually mean to completely jettison human heuristic algorithms which we honed over Millennia into a finely tuned statistical machine to survive.

You will prejudge some scenario, I guarantee it.

>well I don't know this guy guess I can't make any judgments
>oh shit the guy with baggy clothes and a bandana just stabbed me for my phone and wallet
>I am currently bleeding out and also have a ruptured stomach
>at least I can finally draw a conclusion about his character, before making any sort of inference would be unacceptable
>in my next life I will definitely know to avoid that guy

You're not mkaing a broad generalization about people who post on Sup Forums all being racists, are you?

i agree but there isnt always time or the will to judge everyone individually. as human beings we recognize patterns and arrange things into groups. thats our nature. the concepts of race and ethnicity are a result of that.