My ISP just forwarded me an e-mail from Cartoon Network telling them about Rick and Morty being torrented from my IP...

My ISP just forwarded me an e-mail from Cartoon Network telling them about Rick and Morty being torrented from my IP address. How fucked am I?

0%

100%

~50%

Basically just do it under a trustworthy VPN from now on

You're a bad boy.

is it comcast

Bell (I'm a leaf)

They aren't taking you to court.

I had 2 such emails about South Park. I am not fucked, just not going to do THAT again.

Tell them you're a muslim and they'll leave you alone.

I got one of these about an album a few years back. They won't do shit.

Way ahead of you. They sent me a complimentary bucket of maple syrup and Trudeau personally invited me to his house to fuck his wife while he watches.

Don't seed shit, especially shit that has recently aired

wow, I thought they only track down those that upload shit.

Were you seeding?

I never seed. Still got the notice.

They really do that? What Judaism.

Were you feeding, perhaps?

ayy

Take a picture and show it, blur out the identifying info because I want to read it

To: [email protected]

DATE: 2017-09-30

CASE ID: *I'm taking this out just in case*

Dear Bell Canada:

We are contacting you on behalf of The Cartoon Network, Inc. with location at:

The Cartoon Network, Inc.
1050 Techwood Drive, NW
Atlanta GA 30318

Under penalty of perjury we assert that IP-Echelon Pty. Ltd. is authorized to act on behalf of The Cartoon Network, Inc., who is the copyright owner and/or owner of exclusive rights in such content identified below.

We have become aware that an individual has utilized the IP address *kekyouwish* at the recorded date and time below to download, host, and/or facilitate the downloading and/or streaming of video content that is exclusively owned by The Cartoon Network, Inc.. Such unauthorized distribution of The Cartoon Network, Inc. content without the express written authorization of The Cartoon Network, Inc. constitutes copyright infringement. This conduct may also violate the laws of other countries, international law, and/or treaty obligations.

(1/2)

We have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material identified below is not authorized by The Cartoon Network, Inc., its agent, or the law.

The title in question: Rick and Morty

As the owner of the IP address, we request that you immediately assist in removing and disabling access to the infringing material from your network. Additionally we request that you contact the subscriber who has engaged in the conduct described above and take further steps to prevent the subscriber from unauthorized future use and sharing of The Cartoon Network, Inc. content.

We state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed herein.

Nothing in this notice shall operate as a waiver of any rights, claims, or remedies available to The Cartoon Network, Inc. with respect to the infringement alleged herein. All such rights, claims, and remedies are hereby expressly reserved.

We appreciate your attention to and cooperation with this notice. Please provide a prompt response specifying actions you have taken to resolve this matter.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. You may reach me via email at [email protected].

Regards,

Adrian Leatherland
CEO
IP-Echelon
Email: [email protected]
Address: 7083 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States

>Watching Reddit and Memey

My old ISP always sent me C&D letters. I threw all of them in the trash because like most providers they really want you to keep paying for their service and won't do jack shit.

>living in a cuck country

lmao

you're formerly fucked and sucked

You can ignore this. Your ISP is just letting you know that you've gotten caught and not to do it again. If you get a letter from their actual lawyers and whatever is when you would actually have to start thinking about it, but you're fine if you ignore it. Instead of torrenting, just stream it off Kimcartoon or another site next time

>mfw I seeded 5 gigs for a recent episode of a show I had to download because I forgot to set the DVR
I'M FUCKED
DAMN YOU TELEVISION FOR NOT AIRING RERUNS SENSIBLY

don't fucking reply, they will get your email if you do

Well, on the upside, it's Cartoon Network. Disney would have already sent in the cleaner by now.

I got the same thing last episode.

Why didn't you just use private trackers?

MEGA

WHERE?

Fugged

Get a non-shit provider?

Glad I live in a territory where the law of the US has no jurisdiction.

I got that notice from downloading Rick and Morty too but since I'm from Canada I can just ignore it and my ISP won't give my information to the copyright holder. Actually I've gotten a bunch of e-mails like that and ignored them all with no consequence. Feels good, man. If you are in Canada the only way you can get charged is if you click to respond to the notice like a scared idiot. That is the only way they trick people into obtaining their information.

Even if lawyers get involved can't you just cheese your way out by virtue of the fact they can't prove you did it? If it gets that far just take the password off your wifi and tell shlomo to eat a dick

Literally YouTube search for "Rick and Morty season 3 episode _" less than an hour after release and it'll be uploaded on 5 different channels. Why would you torrent it?

.....can I eat his ass?

What the fuck? Since when did Cartoon Network own R&M? It's a fucking adult swim show, isn't it?

And who owns adult swim?

Ignore it. From now on use private trackers or get a VPN and use it whenever you torrent/seed.
If your ISP shuts down your internet ( like they did to me years ago before I knew how to interweb) then just call them and act like a fucking technologically incompetent retard.

Wait, so this isn't from your ISP, it's to your ISP from some company representing Cartoon Network?

How in the name of fuck would Cartoon Network (or some company in their employ) be able to legally monitor your IP address, let alone exactly what it's downloading via P2P?

Some people dont like streaming like me.

ip=/=id

you also legally can't prove you downloaded X
also use a basic fucking VPN or better yet a seedbox retard its like 3-5$ a month

They don’t monitor your IP, they monitor torrent swarms.

Fuck bell go telus for fibre or teksavvy

>Watching Rick and Morty in the first place

>paying money to steal shit

Didn't they say they were gonna stop doing that shit? You know, because it's pointless?

It's the Internet equivalent of a hat and sunglasses.

Its never in HD

Don't reply, admit to nothing. They really no proof on you except your IP address, and that could just be some rando using yours for all they know.

And, and here's a tip: next time don't be so stupid as to torrent an episode from a popular show the day after it aired. Oh, and don't watch shit shows.

Its not illegal to torrent in canada.

Listen to this guy. If it's a recent episode or movie, just grab a Mega link or something.

youtube-dl, negro

Dailymotion, ya dingus.