What's that one show you ignored until you were bored/decided to stay up late and watched it on [AS] only to discover...

What's that one show you ignored until you were bored/decided to stay up late and watched it on [AS] only to discover you really like it?

Pic related for me.

As Told by Ginger

I know it existed and all...but I just didn't fucking care.
To a degree the Wild Thornberries too but the memes do live on.

>Ignore when it's on because it seems like same ol' Williams Street non-sequitur nonsense with lower production values
>Friend leaves AS on during a New Year's Eve marathon
>Actually see that the whole thing is an ongoing conspiracy plotline

Mission Hill

tim and eric. Flipping during xgiving and a marathon was on. Since i didnt care about football then watched a few eps and found it funny

King of the Hill

First few episodes I saw as a kid looked boring/uninteresting artstyle- many of the jokes & satire wasn't apparent at first

GOAT

avoided it up until earlier this year because it looked ugly and stupid. was genuinely surprised how much I ended up liking it.

The Davey & Goliath esque art style is clearly satirical, so I just wrote it off as a one note parody of evangelical Christians. I had no idea how great the story would become and how powerful it would become.

It isnt even a case of "mediocre show gets improved", either. The legendary 3rd season is greatly improved by watching the silly first 2 seasons. The strain on Orel's voice when he cries out "It's because you become a bad person when you drink!" stings like acid when he spent the last 2 seasons unfettered by anything. Nurse Bendy's story becomes even darker when you only thought of her as a 1d slut character. The show nudges you towards dismissing her as a person, then turns that on its head. That's not even getting into Clay or the "gulp" running gag.

The show damned itself by being too ambitious, which is exactly what made it so great.

Soul Eater. Saw an episode on toonami and checked it out later on netflix 4 years ago

Moral Orel ends up becoming more of a portrayal of repressed conservative values than Christianity. Orel is clearly still a strong Christian in the final scene with his family.

Moral Orel

And this was just a week before the Nature two parter came out

So is Moral Orel essential 4chancore tv?

Perfect Hair Forever

Pretty much. It's a great show but I think most of it is the fact that it ended so quickly and never became mainstream.

Right there with you man. I saw the first episode and immediately turned off. But really the first episode was the worst.

FUCKING-

Not [as] but I did finally check out Undergrads and Downtown a few weeks ago when I was staying up late.

What its like to be alone.

It's like a weird oblongs spinoff. One of the characters may as well just be helga.

steven universe

This.
I only started watching it last weekend.