Rick and morty fanbase BTFO

Literally thousands of faggots were aspiring to live and be like rick sanchez then in the episode he admits he's autistic. those fuckers just got played and now realize they've been acting as literal autists.
HAHHAHA fuck those cunts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Wiltshire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That line was retarded, Rick doesn't act autistic at all.

>implying these people wouldn't take the label with pride

It's like you don't know them at all, user.

stop posting on Sup Forums dan harmon. we get it, you didnt like obama

you DO know that autismos take pride in being autistic right?

Ok.

So. How was the finale?

We see too much of CWC who, frankly, would give down syndrome cases a bad name. There's an autistic who can draw New York from memory.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Wiltshire

exactly.

>Ok.
>So. How was the finale?
Ok.

At least he's smart enough to know pirates are scary

Rick's autistic? Hey, I'm autistic too! Now I can live to be just like Rick just like Rick did!

>Morty has the Kim Jung Un hair

What were the designers thinking?

Now I want a death battle between Rick Sanchez and Jack motherfucking Sparrow.

That means you don't actually know what autistic means, or rather the extents of it

He's literally the smartest guy in the universe dude. Clearly he isn't "special".

How does "Wubba lubba dub dub" not sound autistic?

>Suddenly Chris-Chan becomes a role model

This Rick might be autistic tho...

So /co is just going to be another haven for /b and /tv assholes now?

Admit you have no idea what "autistic" means.

It means that you're retarded. Now fuck off back to Tumblr already.

Rick is probably the least autistic character on the show. He has a great grasp on language (humour, sarcasm etc) and social conventions but ignores them. He does have a Bipolar type 1 and personality disorder traits but he's definitely not autistic.

What the writers meant to say was OCD. And the fact that he's playing minecraft and engages in all sorts of activities like science, experimentation and travelling indicates that it's really unlikely that he's autistic at all.

It's possible. He doesn't seem to know what "Wubba lubba dub dub" means either.

>It means that you're retarded.
No it doesn't you fucking autist

Is tumblr bitching about the ableism in this?

It doesn't and the show would be a lot more boring if he actually was. Like sit in the corner and play with trains all day and never opening his mouth boring.

There's only one autist here dude, and it isn't me or Rick.

You know autistic isn't the same as retarded right?

Not literally of course but it effectively means the same thing. Not all retarded people are autistic, but all autistic people are retarded.

Paypal founder reks neurotypicals and basically says that autistics are superior.

>Peter Thiel — the PayPal founder, Facebook investor, and bestselling author — hates groupthink.

>He avoids hiring MBAs, since he says they tend to be "high extrovert/low conviction people," a combination of traits that "leads towards extremely herd-like thinking and behavior."

>Similarly, he says that "people end up behaving more lemming-like" in places like San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood, where tons of tech companies are crammed into a .635 square mile area.

>All that socialization leads to conformity, he argues, preventing people from coming up with original, innovative ideas.

>To Thiel, originality is the name of the entrepreneurial game, since it's the quickest route to gaining a monopoly, as he says Google did with search.

>From that logic, he argues that a psychological condition usually thought of as a disorder — Asperger's syndrome — provides a startup advantage.

>Asperger's "happens to be a plus for innovation and creating great companies," he added.

>Thiel has been saying that Asperger's is a positive for innovation and creativity for years.

>The hazards of imitative competition may partially explain why individuals with an Asperger's-like social ineptitude seem to be at an advantage in Silicon Valley today. If you're less sensitive to social cues, then you're less likely to do the same thing as everyone else around you.

>"Autistic people, for instance, have prodigious memories for facts, are often highly intelligent in ways that don't register on verbal IQ tests, and are capable of focusing for long periods on tasks that take advantage of their natural gift for detecting flaws in visual patterns," wrote Wired's Steve Silberman in 2013. "By autistic standards, the 'normal' human brain is easily distractible, is obsessively social, and suffers from a deficit of attention to detail."

are they going to make a christmas special?

I'm autistic and while I could let the pansexual bullshit slide (he never is shown pursuing men so it feels like an arbitrary label) I can't with this one

I just don't see where? He doesn't stim, he appears to be INCREDIBLY smooth in social situations, and he's charming to a devilish level in canon.

I...have never met an autistic person like that. Most that are coincidentally handsome or something happen to be really fucking weird if you talk to them for more than 5 fucking mintues or at least borderline eccentric and not 'cool does drugs and dances' eccentric, you know, like Rick. It just feels cheap to me. No not all of us are the same but I was in several autism programs with people on all ends of the ASD and none of them were like Rick in the tiniest sense. I've met older autistic people and they often find their niche in being quiet, if not totally fucking weird.

So Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Einstein are retarded.

Of course not, which is why they're not autistic.

Rick doesn't meet the autism spectrum diagnostic guidelines at all. The only one you can really argue for is the fact that he doesn't understand relationships, but he actually destroys Jerry's relationship with Beth so thoroughly in the initial episoes that it indicates that he intimately understands human relationships.

He is bipolar I and has personality disorders but definitely not autistic.

And Bipolar I + cluster A + B personality disorder

>Sup Forums
>call anything remotely nerdy autism for years
>roiland picks it up
>b-but this isn't autism

4chins, everyone.

Nah, Tumblr is pretty cool with this from what I've seen

That's called a joke you dumbass. Why would a person IRL call themselves autistic out of the blue. It just makes no sense in context. You're grasping for straws.

So aspergers isn't autism

k

Ok. Good to know.

Not him. Asperger's disorder is on the spectrum but like I said here he's definitely not autistic and just doesn't show the signs.

The joke is a jab at 4chin.

Since Rick was obviously joking about it, then why are anons taking this seriously flipping their shit over it.

That part was actually funny, Rick showing vulnerabilities is always funny.

>MORTY I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THAT THING IS I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE

K.... KEEP ME POSTED

w...was he?

that pic is referring to children with autism you fucking retard

Please read what is highlighted in red.

>why are anons taking this seriously flipping their shit over it.
Autism

Fuck off, bipolar loser, nobody cares about your stupid theory.

And the exact same line is also here because it's in the criteria. It MUST be during the early dev period.

It's not a theory if you are ticking off boxes on a checklist.

Fuck off

>post consists of nothing
Low effort.

lol this.

Are your ears retarded or something? I said FUCK OFF.

Rick is not autistic, but "Rick is not autistic" is autistic.

>are your ears
I am converting your post from text into light waves transmitted fractionally over many years and then into sound so I can hear them.

>Fucking this

I also have autism and have been in several developemental learning classes with other disabled children with varying levels of Autism, Aspergers, etc and while I would say Rick is very complusive and emotionally constipated, I have never met an autistic person that I would ever be able to compare Rick to. I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible to say he has or has had Autism but he's an exesively high fuctioning one.

Rick has plenty of problems but I really don't believe Autism is one of them. I cannot for the life think to why they would add this detail about him in the show. Honestly, I can only imagine they were using it as a cheap gag for the Minecraft bit.

Thanks for confirming that you are retarded, retard.

The Dunning Kruger effect in action.

Semmelweis reflex in action.

>that it'll be like season 1 line
ROILAND SPEAK AND POSTS AMONG US

See, you can post better than this

Apergers doesn't fucking exist. What edition of the DSM are you even using.

These shits can't agree on anything.

At this point I think you could throw Rick and Morty into motherfucking Gensokyo and they'd still find a way out of that place with ease with a broken portal device.

I fucking hate how Rick is basically god in this fucking show. Thank christ Morty grew a pair and finally told him to fuck off.

>/co
>/b
>/tv
kys.

The denial from Redditors in this thread is absolutely golden.
No matter which way you swing it its absolutely delicious

It's clearly a joke about 4chins calling anyone they come across autistic to the point that the word itself has lost all meaning.

>He has a great grasp on language
So do autistic people. In fact, usually to the point where it's excessive.
>social conventions but ignores them.
....Like someone with autism. Do you know what autism is?

Why does the fourth wall bullshit have to happen, it doesn't make any sense for in-universe characters to know about the real world. That's just bad taste.

Shut the fuck up already, you annoying little piece of shit.

Sup Forums is not a safe space.

>autistic
>hypocritical
>8th grade tier argumentative skills
>family puts him in his place
>"but he's le smartest and above everything!"
absolutely btfo

the closing monologue was just icing on the cake

your leddit is showing, redditard

Areyou guys sure that the writers arent just using Sup Forums's definition of autism? Youre all being really autistic about this..

He was just making a joke by saying something that's seemingly derisive of a thing and then praising the thing in question, in this case the thing being Minecraft which has a reputation, which Rick uses derisively.

>Terrified of pirates
>His pride and joy at Anatomy Park was Pirates of the Pancreas, noting how they "didn't sugarcoat it" and that the pirates were "really rapey"
Was Rick raped by a pirate?

Are you trying to self-demonstrate autism here?

DEEPEST LORE

That's an interesting headcanon.

Neither do you user. Don't tell me you use Sup Forums as a reliable source if mental disorder diagnosis.

>Are you on Sup Forums?
>If "yes" you are autistic
>If "no" further study is needed

He's more like a literal psychopath.

He never came back.

It's part of the euphemism treadmill. Ever since the r-word fell out of vogue, autism has come to be used as a general derogatory term. In this particular scene it's meant to convey a stilted person, content with performing repetitive and otherwise tedious seeming tasks, satiating some need, often being conflated with OCD. When someone is intently drawn to, engrossed in some task or past time, they may be accused of having an autism-like fixation with their current preoccupation, Minecraft being the example here.

could you BE anymore of a redditor?

lol bruh do you even DSM-5

>he didn't make Froopyland for Beth, it was just his version of CWCville

Autistic or not, Rick is a shit role model.

i thought autistic was the word that chan-neets used to piss off normies, troll, and occasionally lovingly refer to their own culture.

is that not what autism means? i thought everyone knew rick was autistic. he's what would happen if a reddit had a baby with an r9k and then got it's own tv show that was run by a matriarchal old-school fangirl working with marxists in order to topple western civilization?

i just assumed that's the kind of shit autists would do if given a tv show.

you're a retard lol

Where is the episode?

Ah you missed it, it plays Sundays on Adult Swim.

it's ok, I found it on the second page of PB, who would've thought

What? What's the big deal? Rick's smart, ofc he's gonna get vaccinated.

I'm pretty sure anyone who aspired to be like Rick probably already knew they were autistic.

God dammit the best thing about this show is unquestionably how it trolls the internet.