Was there even a joke in the cartoon as impactful and cancerous as pickle rick? I can't name any of them

Was there even a joke in the cartoon as impactful and cancerous as pickle rick? I can't name any of them...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq_1Wy70rE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Over 9,000.

That's quite a pickle

The cake is a lie.

Everyone who uses it is just mocking that shitty episode, right?

On Sup Forums? Yes. Outside of it they fucking loved it.

A lot of people I follow on Tumblr actually say that pickle Rick was the shittiest episode of season 3.

This post needs to be about 20% cooler

I replaced my poop with your poop inside you Morty. So when you take as shit soon, you will be pushing my feces through your anus. But what is best, is that you will have to wipe your own asshole clean from my shit. Just think about it Morty. Just think about what other things I could do to you.

>ever
>in thousands of years of recorded human history
Nah I'm sure a thing from this year must be THE most impactful thing of all time

>in THE cartoon
so in rick and morty

Hang on, I don't watch this show.
This guy turning himself into a pickle was the plot of a whole episode?

Was that even a meme before TFS though?

Dude, the whole point of the joke is it's stupid

like, it was ironically flimsy and it set the stage for some badassery, what's not to like?

Bird is the word

>impactful

Name one actual impact

I gotta say I don't really understand the problem with the episode. They're pretty blatantly making fun of how stupid the concept of Rick turning himself into a pickle is, because he only did something that absurd to get out of going to something extremely mundane.

It wasn't a great episode or anything, but. I dunno, I thought what they did with the concept was fine.

pol is just mad over that psychiatrist putting their idol in his place

youtube.com/watch?v=Jbq_1Wy70rE

>Implying we even watch "Reddit and Morty"

Even though Rick was kinda vindicated in the end with the Concerto stuff? Weird.

what a great thread to remember old popular memes

but he wouldn't be in that situation in the first place if he didn't go off on needless adventures all the time...

It wasn't the show that made it cancerous. It was the fans. If you don't like it just ignore it.

The episode was a great homage to '80s action films.

Gotta be disheartening for show staff of a sci-fi cartoon to go online and see people constantly bitching about plot points and thematic quality. Art direction has been top-notch this season but that all takes a backseat to all this armchair film critique. Can't people just appreciate something for being fun to watch?

>pol is just mad over that psychiatrist putting their idol in his place
What? Sup Forums fucking hates Rick because of "muhatheism."

Not speaking for Sup Forums because I think they're a bunch of fags but I hated the episode because it felt like naval-gazing bullshit. It's like youtube analysis fags took over the writing for Rick and Morty

The joke wasn't the worst thing ever created, it was just a little dill.

it isn't supposed to be a deep and invisive critique or examination on the show, just a doctor giving some advice

Your comment is the worst thing to happen in this thread by far.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>impactful
fucking kill yourself and never come back to any chanboard

>I don't actually watch cartoons, someone spoonfeed me
Do you also use a scooter

go back to /underage/

Yes. The original video 'IT'S OVER 9000' was the actual meme. TFS just put the meme in their video.

t. redditor

Over 9,000 was a meme for years before TFS even started. The original is from 2006.

Yes, you fucking child.

Isn't the vacuousness of the joke the point of it though? Rick thinks he's being hilarious and the rest of the family finds it tiresome. Both the people spamming pickle rick and the people pointing to it as evidence that the show is stupid random humor are missing the point.

I think the people spamming it get it well enough

It was spammed much more before the season even started. Mainly as ironic shitposting making fun of youtube comments.

I don't believe that you actually think that. It's just too stupid of a statement.

Guys... Season 4 is becoming Season 1 again

You know what they say, seasons are cyclical.

>the episode was only pretending to be retarded

The joke wasn't the problem. The people who pushed it as a meme were.

they literally call it out as part of the actual joke, dude. It's even the impetus for the rest of the plot for that episode.

Your post reeks of summer, but it's fall?

agreed

>i hate fun

I'm pretty sure they don't give a fuck.
They've been making fart jokes for like what 20 years now?
They absolutely don't give a fuck.

hmm, maybe (((((summer))))) is a meme itself..