Why is Marvel trying to push Carol so much? If they really want a mainstream female character...

Why is Marvel trying to push Carol so much? If they really want a mainstream female character, couldn't it be someone already well-known because of their movies, like Black Widow or Scarlet Witch?

Because Carol is more important and has a more compelling character arc.

Black widow is a Russian murderer. Scarlet witch is a toaster loving nut job.

Black Widow is fine but they need a powerhouse to compete against Wonder Woman or at least not make women seem bad when they start throwing around powerhouses like Thanos in the movies
Scarlet Witch they might feel is still tied too close to the X-Men that Fox may get some backwash audience if they push her too hard.
Winning the right to call her Captain Marvel might have been the green light they were waiting for to really start pushing Carol Roman Reigns style to be the female face of the company

Black Widow maybe, but Scar Jo can't portray her well so that's a dud. Scarlet Witch would be a good idea. The rest of the good women are X-men unless you count Sue Storm and She Hulk who are own by other companies

What's her character arc?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

shills

Kamala should be their designated female icon.
on the grounds that she's actually likeable and relatable, like Spider-Man was 70 something years ago.

>why is Marvel trying to push this okay character instead of these laughable dogshit characters?

Hush, you'll ruin it.

Because they want a Wonder Woman and Carol is their "best" choice.

Considering how hard MvC:I flopped, can we once and for all confirm Carol is a sales killer?

Dude, Jen Walters and Elizabeth Ross were better portraits of wonder woman

problem is her villain roster is still kind of light. Bird Edison and Lockdown aren't amazing movie villains and I'm that faggot who will say more Lockdown appearances is always good.
she would need to face off against established villains

Kaboom should be her Shocker

Yeah, but tell that to Marvel. I bet Bendis would read those options and say: "Literally who?"

aaaaand I forgot my damn pic.

> shocker
SHHOOOOOOOCKKEEEERRRRRR!!!!!

I don't think Carol was any of the reasons mvCI did so bad.

she wasn't, at this points its just a meme.

Carol tends to be badly written, but if she's depicted as a feminine waifu like in OP there's nothing really objectionable about her

It's the overcompensating hypermasculine butch Carol that comes off as so cringey and offputting

The film division is smart enough to realize this, imo. Brie will probably play her as pretty cutesy

Being unobjectionable is not a glowing endorsement.

transitioning to a man.

>I don't think Carol was any of the reasons mvCI did so bad.
You could argue she was. Carol was the first new Marvel addtion to the cast unveiled (to no hype) and was the writing on the wall that this was going to be an MCU advertisement in terms of roster. And you best believe the roster hurt MvCi'S sales

They will never try to walk through the minefield of Kamala in a movie, cartoon or video game. There would be a fatwa declared on Marvel for letting a Muslim girl expose her hair like a common harlot.

You're too young to know that Ms. Marvel was a popular character a long goddamn time ago. They don't need to "push" anything

I think the lackluster roster, bad graphics, awful PR, and retarded story all had a much larger role in causing bad sales for this rather than Carol.

She's in EMH retard

It's way too late for Marvel to start finding/pushing their version of Wonder Woman. The deal with DC's Wonder Woman is that she's a well known and iconic character who has existed for decades and normies/casuals who haven't read a single comic book or watched the movies know who she is. My mother who is 50+ years old and watched only the tv show with Lynda Carter knows of the character. Natasha, Wanda, and Carol don't have that.

>musclefag cunts
>Wonder Woman
Congrats on having a Bendis-level of understanding of Wonder Woman.

>Why is Marvel trying to push Carol so much?
Because she has a movie coming up.

All of Marvel's characters had that problem, but they turned it into an advantage by being able to do whatever they wanted to with the characters and easily turn them into samey comedic everymen because they didn't have iconic characteristics. And they will do the same with Carol by making her a snarky Buffy clone.

Meanwhile the DCEU turned their advantage of having iconic characters into a disadvantage by making their characters resemble reimagined versions from comics instead of the versions everyone knows. Thankfully Jenkins understood this and tried to make her sweet and idealistic instead of the shitty Johns version.

I think a Kamala movie could work with Drill Sergeant Becky.

How about Jean Grey? Make her the most important woman in Marvel.

Okay but she will never be in a movie.
Do they mention her religion in EMH?

>Carol tends to be badly written, but if she's depicted as a feminine waifu like in OP there's nothing really objectionable about her
>It's the overcompensating hypermasculine butch Carol that comes off as so cringey and offputting
>The film division is smart enough to realize this, imo. Brie will probably play her as pretty cutesy

Can't wait until the free market eradicates waifu butchification outside of niche indie ghettos!

she needs a fucking costume reboot
holy shit, movie, comic, just fucking ditch the bubble wrap suit already. I love Becky as Kamala's ideological opposite that the best thing you can do to help people is authoritarian rule but please, no more bubble suit

Because the 6 or so more popular female characters to her are either part of the X-Men franchise or She-Hulk

Of course not, they aren't gonna mention ANY religion in a show meant to sell toys to 8-year olds on the fucking Disney Channel.

They mention Channukah all the time...