Sup Forums hates the best MCU Cap costume

>Sup Forums hates the best MCU Cap costume

Yes OP I see that MCU's Cap somehow looks sillier than the guy with lil wings

This just shows that some costumes don't translate well to live action, despite what Sup Forums tries to say.

The helmet was still improperly molded and it needs headwings

Why people consider the wings silly? Seriously, it isn't the worst of a all blue, flag wearing uniform guy.

I love it

>it's like the comics, so that means it's good!
Nah

The helmet is the only thing wrong with it.

It's his expression. He's got such a serious, flat expression on his face, it doesn't fit the costume. His pose is a bit stiff, too.

Only literal autists with zero sense of reality meme that silver age costumes look good or would even look better on movies.

>Still make all the same "no one would accept the real costume" change cliches
>See they'd never accept the real costume

The happy medium.

Fuck off. Reeves made it work

That is not a medium, that is a pile of crap in the extreme direction.

Then they shouldn't make superhero movies if they aren't going to look like superheroes.

But weirdly in this case, all the little differences they made to make the live action version are the worst parts.

The weirdest part of the costume are all new things they added. Those goofy boots and gloves, the lines and zippers, his big blue belt of pouches. If he just had red leather boots, gloves, and belt like the comic design is portraying, he wouldn't look so weird.

I think the rule for adapting designs to real life should be either go all the way, or find a new take on it all. Doing it half-assed just comes out awkward.

If they didn't feel so compelled to try and make a helmet that would look like comic-Cap's cowl, it wouldn't have turned it such a joke. As evidenced by all of MCU-Cap's other helmets not being a joke..

He should wear this for Infinity Wars

I genuinely liked the costume they were mocking more than anything MCU Cap has worn.

Evans makes it work.

I kinda like the modern costume, and it's a shame it's not gonna stick around since it'll be assoiciated with hydra cap.

That movie came out in the 70s you dumbfuck, not to mention the avengers was going for a different feel and tone from Superman

This shit was made bad on purpose as a Fuck you to the comic books fans for complaining abut Tacticool and Leather, also its Disney, the same company that made that cancerous aggravating NO CAPES! excrement.

You are trying too hard to fit in, kid.

That cowl is a godawful turd and you know it.

I really miss the chainmail and pirate boots. The design on the left would be perfect if they added those things and fixed the cowl some.

Nice wings bro

I think this exact same argument happened around a similar topic some three years ago on Sup Forums. I'm having the weirdest déjà vu right now.

Reeves made it work because the world he inhabited was a bright happy fantasy land.

They should have shown a pumping sex scene with steve fucking one of those thots.

They can quip about "ohhhh looks like someone is enhanced" or something.

So the degenerate gay wouldn't have been his defining trait.

Winter Soldier stealth mission suit was best MCU Cap.

I liked that he liked it. Steve wanted a costume because they're cool as fuck.

But the USO Cap suit looked great

That suit is completely fine, only Sup Forums retarded shitposters try to make it a big deal.
Sup Forums taints every single thing in this board.

Superior suit, no joke the movie is shit but I love this suit design.

But this isn't close to the same. These are barely even similar. It's like when people say the wolverine costume wouldn't work.

You literally have no proof that "costumes don't translate."

All time favorite Cap costume right here, wish it lasted longer

W-What's that in his pants?

I'm not crazy about how plastic the helmet looks.

The Rod of Liberty

Calm the fuck down man.

He can't hear shit

Fuck off alt-right loser. Post the real version you stupid bitch

>water is fucking wet, i can't believe they are doing this shit it's just a great big fuck you to people who think that water isn't wet holy what the actual fuck

it's the red zipper down the middle of the white stripe that kills it

also the ears or rather the lack thereof

Go fuck yourself faggot, it's what I have on my computer and I'll post it any time I want
>alt-right
kill yourself

Christ fuck, I knew these shitty movies existed, I thought I was going crazy. All these years I wondered why the hell they made his ears fake, and in one version, they gave him a fucking bike helmet and a clear shield of all things.

It needs to at least have wings printed onto the sides, or else it looks wrong.

The wings are actually an intelligent design choice, much like Flashes lightning bolts, the "condom head" design is often called that because that's just what it does.....makes the head look like a fucking cock, something about the big round dome and the open mask makes it look that way (notice smooth domes with full masks don't look that way, like Spider-Man)

The "crest" or whatever make the head look not like a fucking cock

the pouches on the gloves seem excessive

Another example, Gotham proto Batman with the typical Batman face mask MINUS the ears

It just doesn't work and his head looks like a black didlo, the ears would even out the design and look a lot better

>alt-right loser
tumblr please restrain yourself

The New 52 costume for Superman (and Batman) don't really work since they just draw attention to the fact that they're a onesie.

Also, the New 52 Superman suit looks uncomfortable as fuck so there's that

It'd be a nice place to store candy, though.

Why does Proto-Batman in Gotham look like Femto from Berserk?

Gimpsuit Bruce is the dumbest fucking thing.
You can just tell they wanted to do something like Netflix Daredevil S1, but they really messed it up.

Needs pouch wings

>Proton Shield, Beard, Black Outfit.

IW == Diamonds.

Don't mind me, just being the best Cap suit

>No wings
Nice try

That looks better than any of the movie suits, but it would look better if those painted wings remained the same, but were like 3D going inward from top to bottom at an angle, like a crest, think Wolverine in some looks

This, looks so cool

It looks great in stills, but looks terrible in motion or even from the wrong angle.

Is that a Stahlhelm?

It's no more stupid than having a capital letter on your head like a fucking Red Dwarf hologram

At this point it's highy likely that IW will have Cap lifting Mjolnir, so I am kinda hoping by doing so he will get a suit of armor, like Thor did in THor 1, and his armor will look like the classic chainmail suit, with head wings on the helmet.

Nah, it's ok.

>thots.
ffs

>they gave him a fucking bike helmet and a clear shield of all things

Those were dark times, user.

Is this the worst Cap has ever looked?

I don't watch the movies or really read cap comics but his head looks so fucking stupid without the wings. It amazes me that the studios didn't see the fucking peanut head any where during the design process.

There's always Nomad

Kitchen gloves and pirate boots are not very ww2 military

not as long as the 90's exist

Try not to get triggered next time.

That said I find it funny that Alt-righters try to appropriate Cap since he's been pretty liberal since the beginning and he hates Nazis.

Even the rubber one is better.

Wow, are you guys even trying.

Say whatever you want, but those guys look fucking rad. It's like if a group of wrestlers decided to terrorize the neighbourhood.

>alt right
its probably satire, it says "pedophiles (except priests)" ffs

Great costume, wrong setting

>awful mismash of classic 616 with the Ultimate WWII design
No. Its a hideous mess.

Fuck you Nomad was cool.

>No wings
It belongs in the trash.

>he thinks the alt-right is real

The only thing wrong with the one on the left is the cowl. Cap's headgear should always be a helmet in live action.

>a story where costumed themed wwe-esque wrestlers terrorize the streets
One of you needs to get on this, I'd read it.

Alright co, does any of you realize that marvel heroes are drawn to have their hero-like qualities exaggerated and as such, live action actors have to compensate by changing their costume?