Things that wouldn't happen in any cartoon in current year

>One of the protagonists is disabled
>Has a personality beyond "is disabled"
>Is neither completely dependent on others, nor a complete unbeatable mary sue
>does not turn his disability into a superpower
>frequently makes jokes about his own disability
How is it possibly for extreme ghostbusters to be so great?

The sad thing is that in reruns, they cut out all the cripple jokes. Like in the first episode

>"Open mouth, insert foot."
>"At least I HAVE a foot! ...That works."

Are you serious? That was actually edited out? But Garrett wasn't fazed at all by that. What's wrong with showing kids, by example, that you don't have to let snarky comments get to you?

Then again, I was never sure kids were the target audience...

remember user - it's okay, she's legal

Garrett was one of my first gay crushes, to be honest.

>it's another thread of anti-PC virtue signalling

This is why Sup Forums is shit now

You think anyone here will believe you're genuine?
because I think you are :)

>Black character
>Isn't an intellectual genius, best at whatever show's topic is, and general beacon of mortality.

The cartoon Lloyd in Space had an episode called 'Neither Boy nor Girl' which was about an alien who doesn't have a gender until they choose one on their birthday. It was getting close to that birthday so the boy group were trying to influence it to become a boy while the girls were trying to make em a girl.

The ending of the episode had them settle their differences and prepared to accept it whatever it chose. But the alien tells them, "I'm not gonna tell you which gender I chose, you just have to wait till I get a crush on one of you"

>character makes joke at own expense
>censors cut it out to make sure pussies dont get triggerd, or that they can make jokes out of their disability
I fucking hate PC america

Is Johnny supposed to be black?

Smart way to handle it, funny

Did they cut out Toph's blind gags the only good part of the show, in Avatar?

Also some of the lines in it

>you just have to wait till I get a crush on one of you

That'll just further confuse the matter.

>Toph blinds gags
>the only good part of the show

Maybe you should go back to family guy.....

Probably just really tan, he's based on a kid who's parents tossed him out at 9 in the morning and only let him back in to eat or when it got dark. And considering there's almost 12 hours of sunlight in Toronto during the summer, that kid probably got really tan.

>mortality
heh

>liking wannabe anime, janky fighting animations, and sub-par child voice actors

Maybe you should get some taste somewhere other than your mouth.

Only one of the MCs was a child voice actor. Everyone else was an adult except Katara, might have been late teens don't really know

Yes the two most prominent characters and their terrible voices.

Not a bad one, either.

This kid was a fag

Reminds me of that Robot Jones episode where Robot tries to figure out his own gender and learns about gender roles and whatnot.

Fred's Head had a recurring character with the androgynous gimmick. They even had a one-off character whose sexuality was in question and they hooked up in the end.

I never knew this show even existed.

I'm sorry you've been living under a rock for so long, user.

THIS IS NOT MY BEAUTIFUL SON

I actually recall this episode but I had forgotten the series it came from.

The entire first half of the episode was the guy group and the girl group trying to figure out its gender in subtle ways and getting hit with It's Pat gags, like treating it to tons of soda to see which bathroom it goes in, only to find out its species is very fluid absorbent

Dude seriously? When people announced a new Ghostbusters this is the first thing that came to my mind.

Extreme Ghostbusters is from the same guys that Did the most 90s things to ever 90 with their monster designs, it's just fucking great.

And then we got a reboot with a lame script, lame jokes and a whole mess of a PR stunt that wasn't worth anyone's time.

Let's be honest Extreme Ghostbusters had no right to be good, it basically hits all the wrong notes for a reboot of an old property.

The word Extreme in its title, BK kids cast of rookies instead of the classical characters, Darker and Edgier and done by a different staff for the most part.

And yet somehow they didn't fuck it up and made something good that kept getting better, it ain't even nostalgia. I recently rewatched it and it still holds up.

The fact that the characters are flawed, have a reason to be there(No crippled character for the sake of crippled awareness, he is a badass that happens to be in a wheelchair)and aren't mouth pieces as to why they are awesome, they make a lot of mistakes and have to work them in the spot to win, Jesus fuck I want more of this shit.