youtube.com/watch?v=B6uHMkdXeUY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sit-ups

pull-ups

and plenty of juice

SQUATS

N

OATS

The real reason is the He-Man toyline were knockoffs that used molds from a cancelled Conan the Barbarian toyline. Skeletor's figure used the mold of Tulsa Doom, a nemesis of Conan who was a ripped sorcerer with a skull for a head.

More relevant question... why nobody in Eternia wears pants? Only those furry speedos and leggings.

does not prince adams wear pants?...lilac joga pants but still pants.

It was the 'in' style at the time. What I want to know is why mid drifts died out in the late 90s.

Because hes the heir of King Grayskull and rightful king of Eternia... he prolly was also the chosen one to wield the sword of power before Hordak fucked it all up.

Same reason Mechaneck was ripped?

He drinks a lot of milk.

They have cybernetic parts, space ships, and robots, but never invented pants.

Who owns the rights to He-Man these days? They should totally do a Harvey Birdman style continuation of He-Man with Skeletor being all sad and shit, constantly trying to emotionally deal with the antics of He-Man. He-Man could be the upbeat naive faggot of the show, sorta like Spongebob.

if you had thighs like that do you really think youd want to wear pants?

Rupan

Mattel owns the IP
Dreamworks has the rights to the old cartoon
Sony has the rights to the movie

matel created the characters and is still an active toymaker. i think they take the property too seriously to allow a birdman/sealab type show. they are currently still trying for a new live action film

The REAL real reason is so they could recycle the torso mold of the toy for multiple characters.

They're not muscles, he has a rare bone disorder.

Mr. Bone's wild work out routine never ends.

Eternia being a post nuclear holocaust wasteland, the natives develop tumors all over their bodies that happen to look like pecs and abs.

>still trying for a new live action film

I really doubt He-Man will ever have much mainstream popularity outside of joking "Hey remember 80's toys?"

Lets see if they can make Aquaman work beyond "Talks to fish guy"... He-Man shouldnt be much harder.

Aquaman despite criticism is not the same level of goofy camp that is MOTU

Then again...the goofy camp might be a good thing if done right.

I've seen people on other boards stating how, if they did a new MOTU cartoon that it should be serious fantasy tale like Lord of The Rings or Game of Thrones. That approach wont work because of the campy nature of the property. What they really should do is embrace that over the top fantasy style that was present in the 80s. I mean, the show itself was like if a Ronnie James Dio album and a Manowar album fused together and became a saturday morning cartoon. Hell, the look and setting makes it look like something out of an 80s heavy metal album cover. If they just go nuts like that, it could make for an entertaining show.

Speaking of Manowar, they already made something that would perfectly fit as the new show's theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=viI2jffH3-U

They should be trying to make another animation to build off of the Mike Young show because it was fucking perfect.

it will never be mainstream

For some reason I thought Hasbro had it. I was wondering why there was never a crossover with transformers like every other 80s to.. I guess that is why.

GOMAD

I only saw the Conan movie and Thulsa Doom was James Earl Jones

If what you say is true, talk about artistic license

It's almost like they based it on an earlier work with a different version of the character or something

pants are for pussies

Cause when magic fails you can always kick an ass the old fashioned way

Why aren't you?

DC has the comics. Just to add that in

Throwing pizzas.

>new film

No point, it's never going to be better then the MOTU movie we already have.

>inb4 but that movie is shit

Of course it is, but it's entertaining shit. it ends with Dolph Lundgren and a glammed-out Frank Langella having a 80's lightsaber battle right out of the Flash Gordon movie.

There's no way a He-Mon movie is ever going to be good, so at best it'd be a generic LOTR knockoff. The movie we have is at least entertaining for what it is, a shitty Canon Films project funded entirely out of cocaine.

The movie we have is a very entertaining Kirby's 4th World movie, but I'd still like an actual Masters of the Universe movie.

>but I'd still like an actual Masters of the Universe movie

Why? It'd either turn out to be an ironic mess or a crappy edgy re-imagining with a bunch of retarded costumes that don't lend themselves to live-action.

>turn out to be an ironic mess
That's what I said, an *actual* Masters of the Universe movie.

>Sony has the rights to the movie
Fuck

>but it's entertaining shit

No it's not. The only watchable parts are Frank Langella's Skeletor and that's like ten minutes worth of film.

>There's no way a He-Mon movie is ever going to be good

It depends entirely on the approach and story. The biggest issue is the budget which would have to be fairly big, since nobody wants the movie to take place in fucking Earth again for 90% of the movie.

Why make a new movie when we already had pure 80s kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=vOsHoqhbUIU

So he could dance
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JHb5W6gH-40
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw

I always found it funny how He-Man villains had genuinely intimidating designs, but were laughable as characters

>He-Man villains had genuinely intimidating designs

he was a "normal" dude (powerfull magician/swordfighter) untill his face got melted off

I dunno about you buddy, if I saw that guy I'd probably shit myself

Richard really let himself go after marriage

Sexy Prince Keldor.

Everyone was pretty damn /fit/ on that show

Because that movie has literally nothing to do with MOTU other than the names of some characters that appear in it.

Eternians are a mosaic of alien superhuman post apocalyptic barbarian races and species, in a planet that contains the greatest magical cosmic power in the Universe. It's like Robert E. Howard meets Jack Kirby meets Edgar Rice Burroughs meets Frank Frazzetta scenario.

MOTU is a Multiverse anyway. There is a room for many different interpretations. The 87's MOTU movie may not was faithfull to the more classic MOTU material, but Langella's Skeletor is still one of the Top 10 fictional villains that ever appear in a Sup Forums based live action movie. Langellator puts on shame the current MCU and DCEU pitiful excuses of villains

youtube.com/watch?v=B6uHMkdXeUY

Fuck of with your 2000's remake

What comic is that?

robot chicken did it

It's from He-Man: The Eternity War.

To each his own. Personally like the other user, i loved and still love the MYP reboot. But i can't watch a single episode from the 80's cartoon. I also believe that the mini comics before the Filmation series had a much more interesting set up. But that's just me.

>it's never going to be better then the MOTU movie we already have.

A movie that takes place on Eternia and not in suburban Kentucky would be a huge improvement.

I wonder if they would keep the
>everyone is a steroid amped brick shithouse, even the nerds
thing going in any future incarnation.

Eternia is inspired from Frank Frazzetta's barbaric Fantasy art. If you have seen a Frazzetta painting you will see that everyone is ripped. The people that worked with MOTU revealed that this was their vision.

What did he do afterwards? It can't be easy going around the multiverse, and learn that everywhere, in every reality, you are a loser.

Skelly had a master plan that brought down the entire Horde Empire by himself, and almost make him a true Master of the Universe. Almost...

Almost.

Skelly at the moment of his greatest triumph to challenge Adam in battle. An Adam who wasn't exactly Adam...

Because any "invasion from another world" movie is a Kirby 4th World movie, right?

I've heard ppl say that Kirby created Star Wars, but I didn't realize the sickness was now at the point of saying he created War of the Worlds as well.

You either haven't seen the He-Man movie or haven't read any 4th World.