You're given the opportunity to create a show for Cartoon Network

You're given the opportunity to create a show for Cartoon Network...

HOWEVER, you're required to use their art style, and you're not allowed to show violence or nightmare fuel that isn't toned down to the point of losing its appeal.

Do you accept? What will you create?

the days of long epic/ beautiful arch animated plots are long gone for CN

it would have to be something progressive a la SU, but able to reuse scenes in order to keep costs down

unless they want to do another star wars quality show, then we can talk

Sure. My show will be all fanservice and waifu candidates.

>tfw earthbound cartoon will never be real
his smile and optimism: gone

"using their art style" basically means it has to be a tumblr "comedy" about quirky little kids doing fantasy stuff. Restricts it hugely.

bump

Sure. Hats off to those who can soar when there are no limitations but, the idea of no limitations leaves me feeling overwhelmed. Put me with a mansions worth of white walls and some paints & the results might be okay at best.

Put me with a cardboard box and some paints and I'll give you one of the goddamn best cardboard boxes you've ever seen.

Yes, but only one show.

A series about an agile thief who's an idiot in terms of logic, but smart enough to be witty. He goes around the country to steal shit from people so he can pay off a gambling debt.

I will only make a couple of episodes (10-12, maybe a bit more) and then quit. lf the network goes beyond my episode count (by replacing me with someone else) l will simply ignore the new episodes.

I would do a Dungeons and Dragons revival. It could have the same cast of characters, same plot, same beginning same nearly everything. I just really liked that show the first time around, and I think there are more stories to tell in that universe. There's already enough character variety that each social group have their own avatar Hankbow for the Chads, Sheila for the girl-power crowd, Afrobat for the melanin gifted, Brainy-shield for the dandies, Bam-Bam for the Nambla crowd, and Goaticorn for the furries.

>faggot who must be killed detected

You do realize that the two most successful shows on CN at the moment are TTG and Gumball, right?
And those shows are far from "progressive."

I seriously face to see how the lack of violence or nightmare fuel would make a series about a globe trotting chef loose its appeal.

Fine by me. I'll have my sexy real estate cartoon in no time.

a slice of life with two main characters. a young girl and her imaginary/ghost friend. the ghost has low impulse control and very curious and fucks things up for the girl since she gets blamed for everything it does.

it lasts about 3-5 seasons, depending on episode numbers, and about half-way through, the tone shifts as we see start to focus more on the impacts of the ghost's activities on the girl's relationships and life. last ep, the girl decides the ghost doesn't actually exist and her life begins to improve, but the ghost is freaked out, confused, and hurt. It ends on the ghost leaving, with a final closing shot that suggests the ghost's purpose all along was to convince her ghosts didn't exist so that she can have a normal human existence.

"nightmare fuel" depends a LOT on the execution. you can have really fucked up and interesting themes without going "dark", you just have to be very mindful, start with a solid vision, and understand the art of subtlety.

Rip off transformers. Sell toys with robot gimmicks, episodes aren't connected 'cuz the channel is nothing but reruns of TTG anways, don't wanna make people have to follow a grand, overarching plot when I get one episode a year, get away with mild violence by having it against very clearly machines and empty buildings.

The point of the show is to sell robot toys. CN is a soulless husk filled with memes and TTG marathons, they'd love another show that hocks merch.

A parody of the limitations imposed on me.

What I would do to get this to be real. Would make an excellent series.

I would team up with Jaden Smith, Sofia Coppola's daughter, another bunch of rich kids, and I would dare the studio to not handle them whatever they are asking for.

> you're not allowed to show violence or nightmare fuel that isn't toned down to the point of losing its appeal
Two angels, male and female, thrown out from the heaven because of passionate love to each other. They are given punishment to run orphanage in a country that bogged down in bureaucracy and corruption. No violence, nightmares or sexy teens. Only tragicomedy about desperation, hopeless attemts, crushed dreams, decay and repulsive human souls. Sadness and autumn with brief moments of simple pleasures and mutual support.

Sure

Turf and Surf
>A Lobster who speaks in a Texan accent called Turf and a Texas Longhorn who speaks in a Bostonian/Canadian/Whatever accent they have in Maine accent or sounds like a stereotypical surfer dude named Surf do stuff
>Turf is slightly older/smarter than Surf
>Each episode would have a different basic plot
>They often run into Miss Figure, A beautiful woman who often appears as the episodes figure of authority/antagonist (Like if Turf and Surf are waiters, she's the maître, if Turf and Surf are exploring an ancient temple, she'll be the mummy guarding it, if Turf and Surf are super spies she’s the shameless Blofield ripoff and if Turf and Surf are at a boot camp, she’s their drill sergeant) Like the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken or Hollywood from 2 Stupid Dogs (Pic Related is a good starting point for her design)

Ep Ideas
>Turf and Surf want to surf some dangerously big waves, but Miss Figure the lifeguard won’t let them.
>Turf and Surf are door-to-door salesmen, trying to sell stuff to Miss Figure

Ben 10 GO!

>HOWEVER, you're required to use their art style, and you're not allowed to show violence or nightmare fuel that isn't toned down to the point of losing its appeal.

This alone would make it hell for me.

Damn, cause my dream cartoon is a violent sci-fi with humanistic nightmare fuel.

So of course I'll start small by sinking to their level.

you've forgot to add a gay/dyke pal for brownie points

Ok, no violence or blood. But what about sex. How fr or naughty can it be?

Flapjack is precedent enough that there's room for appealing nighare fuel in a CN cartoon

Boy wakes up one morning to discover he can control people.

A good kid he uses this power to cheat on tests and get free video games until he's framed for a crime he didn't commit and forced to go on the run using his power to stay one step ahead of his pursuers
>As a fuck you to the restrictions gradually introduce themes of loneliness and abandonment examining the strength of character it takes to not only avoid abusing such a power in horrible ways but also the feeling of allthe world turning on you due to what you might do instead of what you have done. Also never resolve a single plotline and end on a nonending.

All drama is forefit in the face of cal arts style cartooning.

I would like to, but I know it would fail horribly. High fantasy adventure group with actual story, and them failing at almost everything imaginable, but somehow becoming slightly better with each failure until they one day accidentally save the kingdom through some unintended mishap and they just go with it.

But we all know how well story based cartoons do at CN. Honestly, I would have done something similar with adventure time but without any story but since that was done, I got nothing else original.

These parameters are still very broad. And you didn't specify what it has to be rated, so now I have an adult cartoon about weed-smoking swingers.

Isn't that kind of what all cartoons are? Even the beloved older cartoons are mostly kids doing fantasy stuff.

>I seriously face to see how the lack of violence or nightmare fuel would make a series about a globe trotting chef loose its appeal.
The art style would still suck though.

>HOWEVER, you're required to use their art style, and you're not allowed to show violence or nightmare fuel that isn't toned down to the point of losing its appeal.
The art style is a fundamental part of my cartoon concept, and forcing me to change it is like forcing me to change the genre.

My dream is to create my own cartoon, but that doesn't mean I'll be satisfied creating any random shit.

That does not sound like any fun to watch, user. That sounds like 3-5 seasons of Bendy.

Rocko's Modern Life says hi. Even ignoring that, there's stuff like He-Man, G.I.Joe, Motorcity, etc.

>HOWEVER, you're required to use their art style, and you're not allowed to show violence
I'll just take my show somewhere else then.

yes. I would reboot Ed, Edd n Eddy

Something similar to the style of animation that was popular in the UK from the 70's-80's, with a focus on nature, small town living, and simple plots. I could offset the loss of control over art style by having highly detailed backgrounds, kind of like Over the Garden Wall, but done in actual watercolours.

Minus

We'll just have to be really creative with the censorship

A Lizardman from the south moves up north to New Jersey.
>Is it always this cold?
>What do you mean Reptilian American?
>Not every Lizard man owns a spear. I mean I own 3 but it's not that big of a deal.

It's not like you can just walk into a studio and arrange a pitch meeting. Any opportunity you get for your own show is a big one.

I think their artstyle would help make my show look more appealing. My genre is an action-comedy: a knockoff mixture between OK KO and MLP, with non-humans only

A series about a group of teenagers living in a rural farming community in England. It would be a slice-of-life crossed with horror. The horror style would be similar to the 'Twlight Zone' (imagine "Simpsons Tree House of Horror").

In the UK children's horror is a popular genre.

Infinity train.

ew, it's cow and chic- i mean lobster

A SoL about a delusional weeaboo living with his lovely mom and his tsundere sister, or at least that's what he thinks.

>and you're not allowed to show violence or nightmare fuel that isn't toned down to the point of losing its appeal.
Literally destroys any vison i have for a cartoon. Still would accept because i want a fucking job

Nah, shit's gay

Part one (1.5 to 2 seasons):
High school archetype characters (jock, nerd, cheerleader, goth, or whatever) get transported to a DnD esque realm in turmoil with a candyland motif to it (super cutsy, obnoxiously sweet) with a warhammer space marine type of organisation keeping things cutsy to maintian order and keep a cthulu esque monstrosity asleep.
The group adventures to find a way home.
One of them betrays the group, becomes an avatar or whatever of the cthulu monster and becomes the final boss and one sacrifices themselves to get the rest home ( even the traitor).

Part 2 (1 to 1.5 seasons):
Being back home and trying to continue with their lives at school after what happened and having to deal with the other world leaking into their world (they still have their powers or magic items or whatever). The previous world has gone corrupt and the friends remains/soul that sacrificed themselves has combined with the corruption in that world and is trying to get back home.

and thats about as far as Ive gotten so far.