What happens with him now?

I'm really hoping he gets raped or pressured into sex, that'd be most realistic. Also hope he gets regected from society and becomes increasingly lonelier eventually icolating himself from everyone.
>inb4 Sup Forumsmblr freaks out
t. asexual

How do asexual people disassociate themselves from people with sexual aversion disorders? Is it just, if it stops bothering you it's not a disorder anymore?

I only ask because I knew someone with a sexual aversion disorder who sought therapy and now is engaged to a man I presume she's had sex with

Why do you care? Diane is a far superior supporting character

Asexual people just tend to not care much about sex. They can and often do have sex, but aren't likely to initiate or seek it out. Sexual aversion means exactly what it sounds like.

I would do ANYTHING to be freed from the desire to fuck. God help me please make me asexual

No

Tod will fully accept his asexual lifestyle. It will start to consume his life as he goes to more asexual therapy. He will start undergoing asexual cosmetic surgery: removing the genitalia and nipples to resemble a toy doll, lazer hair removal, hormone blockers.

He's like the one character who does shitty things and doesn't have any real consequence he cares about. I want him to suffer.

>becomes increasingly lonelier eventually isolating himself from everyone
what i think is going to happen with todd is that he will realize that he not only is asexual but also aromantic and will have to deal with the posibility of him spending the rest of his life alone, eventually driving him back to bojack.

>if it stops bothering you it's not a disorder anymore
basically, some do.
most asexuals don't mind sex but in the end don't care much about it.

That just sounds like having a low sex drive. Some wouldn't say they are asexual either.

Man these labels are messing my head up something fierce.

I agreee but I'm more interested in Todd since he's been basically AWOL last two seasons
No you wouldn't. It's not fun being asexual. You feel like a freak and everyone who's interested in you drops you force yourself to tell them you can't put out. And they call you a prude or say you're mentally ill or something.
Is he aro? I started thinking the same thing but that would discard his previous romances including Jap girl.

>shitty things
Like what?

>Is he aro?
no, but i feel that's were his storyline will go with the axolotl girl. you are right on his past romances though so i might be wrong, i don't remember much about them though

>You feel like a freak
You mean like all the time?

The labels are a bullshit mind parasite. Realize they are meant to drain reason and resistance against further bullshit to grasp on and take up mental resources.

some people just find them helpful, even if you identify with what asexual people describe as being asexual you don't have to identify with it if it's not your thing

>mentally ill prude

99% of women are mentally ill prudes? Shit.

Believe it of not sex comes up all the time, throughout the day and throughout society. I hated myself in highschool because of my sex repulsion (which a majority of asexuals have) and it still puta a big dent in my day to day life. Just the other day a person I really thought was cool and wanted a friendship with kept bugging me about sex because they wanted to go out with me. It was really uncomfortable.
I feel like if they made him aro that'd be really weird because he clearly had a crush type thing for the previous girls. Axotol girl is fucking cute though.
lmao I knew a guy who was super ace and gated himself for it but he shunned even learning about asexuality because "it's nothing to be proud of" which I get but I think totally shunning it leaves you uneducated about something that could actually really help you understand yourself

Just generally being a lazy oaf that mooches off of everybody and everything. Especially when he comes up with some retarded expensive scheme that blows up in his and anyone he involves face.

Some of the times those stupid ideas of his actually work into something like the cab stripper service, or dentist clowns.

I don't see how him being lazy is a huge fault if he became productive. Besides, if laziness is his worst trait then that makes him pretty much better than all other characters.

>season 1
>bojack is shitty and depressed
>everyone just tells him to get over it
>season 4
>bojack starts getting better
>all other characters get depressed

It feels like Bojack was always being told to just "Stop being sad" from people who didn't understand depression. I'm happy we're seeing that the tables are being flipped Everyone that gave him useless advise in the beginning are ruining their own lives.

>I feel like if they made him aro that'd be really weird because he clearly had a crush type thing for the previous girls
yeah you are right, i had completely forgotten about them, guess i should give the series a rewatch
>Axotol girl is fucking cute though.
she really is

Todd has been completely ruined as a character. He wasn't amazing before, but they've really buried him.

You're obviously talking about Mr. Peanutbutter.

That's a bit aggressive.
I mean Asexual is a useful definition. If you say 'I'm Asexual', people will know you're not interested in sex.

i think thats the point of the show for the main cast. bojack is often seen responsible for everyones failures as though hes responsible, but this season hes been out of everyones hair for the most part and their lives are still fucked. only theres no finger to point at bojack for once

>No you wouldn't. It's not fun being asexual. You feel like a freak and everyone who's interested in you drops you force yourself to tell them you can't put out. And they call you a prude or say you're mentally ill or something.

Asexual person here, the fuck have you been smoking

I hope you learn how to spellcheck and grammarcheck.

this
i hate todd, not as much as Diane but he is a close second and mr peanutbutter bring up the rear

Isn't it obvious that the only thing that would make Todd fulfilled is owning his own place? He would no longer be at the mercy of others to bunk in their mansions & will have responsibility of taking care of himself & the home.

he is so fucking useless that even if he had a cardboard box to live in he would burn it down and it would be "zany"

Another asexual person here, and I get where they're coming from, not too often does it get to me but it does catch up where I wish I just liked sex like any average person, I feel left out of so much

I just want him written off, but I'd rather Diane be written off first

There's more to life than sex.

I cannot fathom Diane ever being happy & fulfilled with her life.

I know that, a lot of life is everyone putting sex on a pedestal, a majority of the time it doesnt get to me, but it can just by how the average populace treat sex.

I wish my body felt that way. I could be so much happier if I didn't feel the need to cum

Oh god right, being asexual with a labido is pure hell

I get horny and masturbate and definitely have sexual attractions but, will back out of make all kinds of excuses to not engage in actual sexual activity with people because, I'm afraid to have sex with anyone. am i asexual?

Are you a virgin?

if it was someone you like and trust and know will be completely understanding no matter how it goes, willing to let you move at your own pace, talk you through it etc would you still rather just not have sex?
because therein lies your answer

I doubt it, it could just be that it's unfamiliar territory and thus you're anxious to try it out
It took me a few tries before I managed to stay hard during sex, mainly cause the sensations were completely unfamiliar and overwhelming. You just gotta try it user

Wait whut
Isn't having a libido the same as being sexual?
So you feel the need to have sex, but you're not attracted to anyone, is that it?

Why does everyone need to know you're not interested in sex? Seems like a very situational thing.

He should have left the show when he get angry at Bojack in season 3. Just walked out and disappeared from the cast.

He certainly didn't seem that pissed.

>asexual
Yeah let's just invent a new word for being a lonely virgin. Gotta have those marginalized group pity points.

Didn't he leave the house despite not having anywhere else to go?

>Why does everyone need to know you're not interested in sex? Seems like a very situational thing.

Why do people have to know you're into women? Sounds like a very situational thing.

Not to imply that you meet people and announce "I'm straight!" but anyone who gets to know you even a bit is going to figure out you're straight unless your never ever show any interest or attraction to women whatsoever.

This is one of the most civil Sup Forums threads I've ever seen. About the LGBTQ+ community, no less.

This.

You shut your whore mouth, Mr. Peanutbutter is a good boy.

This. Humans are by definition sexual creatures because it takes two organisms to reproduce, it's just tumblr co-opting words to make themselves sound like minorities

Meant to reply to

Mr. Peanutbutter TRIES to do good things. That's why good things happen to him.

Todd doesn't even try. He just happens to be near people smarter/wealthier/more famous/better connected than him while they're thinking about shit, he says something stupid and THEY use his stupid statement as inspiration to do something. It inevitably fails and he just goes back to doing it again. And he mooches off of them for free food and living accommodations while it happens.

People just need to stop acknowledging him.

It annoyed me how everyone in-show was just instantly cool with him being asexual. As if it's somehow acceptable in society. We all know that's not the case and the show should have included all the negative aspects that follows it instead of romanticize the idea.

>As if it's somehow acceptable in society.

Meh. I work with a guy who's asexual and nobody gives him crap about it. Of course they all assume he's gay, which he gets more crap about.

Most of the "crap" asexual people get is when they become older and enter relationships with people and the "I don't want/have interest in sex" thing doesn't come up until later. It's like dating someone and then they reveal they were never sexually attracted to your gender to begin with. Which could have potentially bad consequences- not deserved- but not entirely surprising either.

I'm middle aged and asexual, and I've literally never had anyone take issue with it. I've been questioned as to if I really was, but never once have I been told it's unacceptable. Relationships can be difficult (yes, you can desire a companion without wanting sex), but besides that I've seen no societal downsides. But I don't constantly push it in everyone's face, so maybe that makes a difference.

>and the "I don't want/have interest in sex" thing doesn't come up until later
I feel like this is something you need to be up-front about from the start. It's going to be a shit situation for both people involved if you wait too long to reveal something that without a doubt will be a dealbreaker.

>Relationships can be difficult
I bet. Have you been able to find anyone who was acceptable of it and wanted a relationship with you without sex involved?

>Most of the "crap" asexual people get is when they become older and enter relationships with people and the "I don't want/have interest in sex" thing doesn't come up until later.
Yeah, this is something that you need to be upfront and honest about. It's also important to understand the very real needs of those who do desire sex. Ignoring either is kind of dickish.

>Have you been able to find anyone who was acceptable of it and wanted a relationship with you without sex involved?
There was a guy who said he was okay with it, but sort of implied that I'd give him blow jobs in place of it. I had to make it clear just what he was getting into, and in the end we agreed it was best not to go in that direction.

It's complicated. I could probably force myself to have sex if it came to it, but would someone who regularly watched me be miserable doing something that felt unpleasant really be a good partner?

>I feel like this is something you need to be up-front about from the start. It's going to be a shit situation for both people involved if you wait too long to reveal something that without a doubt will be a dealbreaker.

>>I feel like this is something you need to be up-front about from the start. It's going to be a shit situation for both people involved if you wait too long to reveal something that without a doubt will be a dealbreaker.

I think it often happens because people who legitimately don't have any desires to have sex don't think "it's a thing" because they haven't heard of anyone else experiencing because nobody ever talks about it or identifies themself. So they just do what everyone else is doing while fumbling around trying to accommodate who they really are.

That, and/or they feel that because they can't give most people what they want that they're "broken" and they need to hide this "brokeness" from the other person as long as possible in the hopes the other person will fall so deeply in love with them that they'll eventually accept/overlook any "broken" aspects of them.

Also, being honest with yourself and looking for like minded people seems daunting as it drastically cuts down on potential dating partners- as if things weren't hard enough already when you had access to the larger pool. That or they think that they're exceptional and that everyone else that falls into the same category is lamer than them and not deserving of their consideration.

But these things are not unique to asexuals.

Pretty much what everyone who isn't a straight non-virgin monogamous heterosexual that prefers vanilla sex and wants kids has to go through it.

Gay? lesbian? transexual? openly non-monogamous? don't want kids? wizard status? Intense fetish? disabled? You likely go through the same thing.

The reasons all these terms were invented by people is so they can be more informed in the pairing up process.

>I could probably force myself to have sex if it came to it, but would someone who regularly watched me be miserable doing something that felt unpleasant really be a good partner?
I wouldn't call myself asexual, but I have a very low sex drive. I think it's easier for women to have sex even if they're uninterested, or in your own words, "force" themselves - not being horny and lack of lubrication as a result of that is the only real issue, and you can simply buy lube to fix that problem. If you can't seem to find anyone who is willing to accept a complete lack of sexual activity in the relationship, then perhaps you should compromise by only having sex a couple times a month or whatever times you feel you can handle.

There is no such thing as being "asexual" and people have to stop entertaining the retards who think they're special. If you don't feel like having sex, that's fine, but it's not wanting sex is not a type of sexuality like being gay or bisexual.

Don't give them attention, don't treat them differently in any form or way. Just ignore them and tell them to keep quiet if they bring it up, their sexuality (or lack of one) is only their business and no one else in the world wants/needs to know about it. They're just desperate for a way to brand themselves so they can be part of a group. Don't enable that shit.

>Asexual

Fuck off back to tumblr with your made-up genders

How much time did Bojack Horseman season 4 waste with this attempt to be I M P O R T A N T ?

Well I'm sure if you dated somebody and they were like, "nah, I don't have sex with people", that's something you might have wanted them to be aware of/explained from the get go, right?

But how are they supposed to be aware of it or know what the fuck it is if "there is no such thing" and nobody is ever supposed to talk about it and the only people who think they don't want to have sex are just retards who think they're special?

theyre not mentally ill prudes you're just a beta fag

"I don't want to have sex"
"Okay, well I do because that's a normal, healthy urge to have. This relationship won't work out".

There, done. Without "asexual" ever becoming a thing.
If you're in a relationship with another person and you don't want sex, you're asking them to stray from the norm to fit your preferences, and you can't ever make a demand like that. If you find someone who is fine with it, that's great, but that doesn't mean you have a super special sexuality that requires respect and coddling. It just means you're not like most people, and that is something you should keep quiet about.

>I feel like this is something you need to be up-front about from the start. It's going to be a shit situation for both people involved if you wait too long to reveal something that without a doubt will be a dealbreaker.
This. For me, romantic affection begets sexual attraction. I've tried to do a relationship with someone who wasn't interested in sex and it did not work out at all. I'm always up front about being a very sexual person, honesty is the most important thing in relationships.

Asexuality isn't officially an orientation, but it does involve who someone is sexually attracted to (in this case, no one), so it's still sometimes on the list. Sort of like how technically white isn't a color, but is still listed as one of them. At any rate, older aexuals don't give a fuck either way, as long as they aren't treated like there's something wrong with them. Good god, the number of times I've been asked if I was molested...

>force yourself to tell them you can't put out
Make it seem like it's them and not you.
Make people feel like shit for laughs.
Suck a dick, sexfags!

It depends, the biggest issue I have found with it is that almost no one knows what it is or people thinking it's ridiculous, but that's not a big deal. I'm also aromantic so that might help since I'm not looking into dating it doesn't come out very often. The only problem I have is that I dont want to be alone when I get older

Precisely this. The thought of dying utterly alone is especially uncomfortable to me.

They just told you they were asexual, they used more words than were needed.

Just like if I told you that you could never refer to yourself as "straight", "heterosexual", "normal", etc ever again. From now on, any time any time you wanted to express that, you had to say, "I am exclusively romantically and sexually attracted to the opposite sex."

And it's still easier because a lot of people at least understand it. A lot of people with no sexual desire don't understand why they feel that way. They don't understand that there are other people (albiet a minority, but still other people) who feel the same way. They don't understand that

All they get is, "Sexual desiers are a normal urge to have," which provides absolutely no helpful insight into the nature of their phenomena.

Considering how many people have fucked up relationships because they mistakenly think "I'm the only one I know with x desire and I don't know why I have it, who else has it, or how to live an otherwise normal life with it," being able to more easily identify others in a similar situation would be helpful.

And you can't as easily identify other people going through a similar thing when you act like it's something that doesn't exist and is never to be discussed except on a one-on-one situational basis.

>The only problem
Well, to be fair, that's very big problem. You might not be able to find another asexual you can date, meaning you will have to be in a normal sexual relationship if you don't want to be alone. And I don't know how old you are or if you're a virgin, but waiting too long to gain sexual experience is understandably seen as a red flag.

Unless you're cool with waiting until you're so old that you can find someone who's only seeking company and someone to talk to. Like, grandma old.

>waiting too long to gain sexual experience is understandably seen as a red flag

Yeah, I don't even masturbate. I'm just not interested in it, and it doesn't really feel like anything pleasurable. I just don't care about sex at all either, I'm not disgusted by it, I don't care that people do it, I just don't want to participate.

>regected from society
Asexual snowflakes suffer no real pressure or harm fomr society. They just can't get unstuck from their childhood oral phase into normal genial fixation.

Reminder that sexuality and gender are on a spectrum not binary

>ginial
genital

Why would you want to bring a person into your life specifically to watch you die? What kind of sick shit is this?

yeah, I do wish sometimes there was an easy way for me to release some pressure, since people like to masturbate to do that, but that's not an option for me.

You dumb cake, you both race to the grave and hope to other die last.

>I don't even masturbate
Wait, is there some other reason to come to Sup Forums?

argue about cartoons

>Precisely this. The thought of dying utterly alone is especially uncomfortable to me.

We pretty much all die alone, user.

The only family member I can remember who died "peacefully" surrounded by friends and family was my dad's mom and that was after a long bout with cancer. Everyone else died in a hospital, an ambulance, fell dead, was found dead in their home, etc.

Never seen a person slip peacefully off into the night of old age while their family sat around them. That's a fairy tale.

t. brainlet

>Asexual snowflakes suffer no real pressure
Unless they want a relationship.

I think it could have been handled better. He should have ignored his sexuality for longer, then have to deal with his zanny adventures failing because of it. Lose a love or get screwed by some girl. Every other main character has hit their low at some point in the show, so Todd's happiness doesn't feel earned.

>sexfags

This is the term I now choose to identify as.

I guess what I meant was the final years leading right up to it. But yeah, actual death is something we often have to face alone.

Men are pedophiles for women, and women are fags for sex.

>the number of times I've been asked if I was molested
As a hetero entering wizard status because of that, I've just found that admitting if you were (as a 6ft 200lb 'tough guy') will just lead to "no you weren't." Or similar.
I've just found the "saving myself because Jesus" schtick gets the best end result for me in those conversations, even if it is a complete lie (sorry Jesus).

>I've just found the "saving myself because Jesus" schtick gets the best end result
Do you live in USA? There's no way in hell this would be an acceptable excuse otherwise, no one takes that shit seriously.

>"saving myself because Jesus"
This line won't even work on my christian as fuck family.

>Asexual
>wants a relationship

Wait seriously? I thought that was just a devout Christian thing regardless of nation.

Not American, but in the UK where it'll mostly get you some looks and make people uncomfortable enough to not question beyond that. Then they change the topic for you and all is well again.