Defense weapons as a right

In a hypothetical world

Would or wouldnt you support allowing civilian space ships being armed for defense against asteroids and pirates?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vwAodwkCQIo
youtube.com/watch?v=xIII81zWCSs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shall not be infringed.

No its a serious question

Should those ships be allowed weapons to protect their structural integrity against asteroids

I wouldn't support civilian space ships in the first place.

Shall.
Not.
Be.
Infringed.

You have the right to mount laser cannons on your personal starship.

I was meaning in general low payload mass driver weapons

Something to knock space rocks out of collision courses with your ship

>/k/ memes on Sup Forums

Laser. Mass drivers. Whatever. It can be armed.

But should it be a right or at the very least allowed

In how many ways do you need me to say "yes"?

>Would or wouldnt you support allowing civilian space ships being armed for defense against asteroids and pirates?
Would.
A laser/ballistic weapon costs less than having to buy new ships.

I'm guessing you guise think space is American because you already planted a flag innit but its gonna be akward when I'm not allowed to have a gun in my country but I can arm my spaceship to the teeth.

how will we cope with this? thank god for the EU, they will settle this for sure.

OH BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS DIPSHIT

Then what are the rules for armaments on international waters?

so the elites should have sole control of space travel?
wew brazil

Shall not be infringed isn't a meme you fucking gook

pls no bully

isn't space going to be a bit more complicated to regulate?

What the fuck are they going to do to stop you?
Shoot at you?
Shoot back.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwAodwkCQIo
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

>a bit more complicated
Next to impossible.
Go far away anough and nobody can do jack shit, except maybe send a nuke after you.

Something we actually should be able to do.

I don't see interplanetary or interstellar space being any different from international waters when it comes to legality. It would have to have basically the same rules.

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Does this look like a meme to you faggot?

SHALL

space is going to be full anarchist capitalist.

wild west with the only being in cities.

youtube.com/watch?v=xIII81zWCSs
the politics of this game actually deal with that a bit; the law becomes practically un-enforceable even in core systems at the scale of space, so citizens are pretty much required to be able to defend themselves.

Yes. I think we should have our own defensive weapons, but should interlink them to be more effective. What we'd end up with is a military anyways, but the problem right now is that our gov is corrupt.

Ok. So I looked it up. According to maritime law, a ship follows the law of its country of origin while on international waters. So legally, it would depend on the flag you're flying out in the void. Once you reach a certain distance from a planetary body, you'd fall under its legal jurisdiction.

oh you are talking 50,000 years from now, I thought you was talking about near-ish future. my bad.

aw fuck, still no guns?? wtf I hate space now

Technically, but who is going to be able to enforce those laws over such vast distances? Out in the black, you're on your own.

Well, OP asked about defending yourself from pirates. For space pirates to exist, we'd have to be spread out pretty far and have settlements beyond earth.

And speaking of maritime law, I'm pretty sure pirates still fall under the category of "enemies of humanity" and thus free game for anyone out there who can take them on.

yeah that's right, I can just sceme my way into guns. then i'll become a space pirate and get some really bigguns.
i'll return and hold earth hostage with over 9,000 nukes. they will meet all my demands, including an infinite supply of cheese.

screencap this

>implying Earth's orbital defense force wouldn't detect and turn your craft into an expanding sphere of scrap metal and vented atmosphere before you were in eyeballing distance of the planet.

Look at it this way. Muslims are on track to destroy Europe long before civilian spacecraft become an issue. If you survive that long, odds are it means you managed to get a better government that may be open to civilian gun ownership.

>deorbit the moon into the Earth

hm ok, maybe I had not thought it through completely.
any advise in becoming an intergalactic overlord? the Dutch where not raised idolizing violence like you guys have been. I'm pretty much stuck at wondering how my cargo area will contain all the infinite cheese, gonna be a big fucking ship.

You should target colony worlds, not the homeworld.

with the tech we have right now, sure.
There's not a way in hell our tech could even make a space ship that could stabilize and control it's motions, let alone aim, in space at the speed and rate for a meaningful combative experience.

Seriously, if we made space ships with laser now, they would float around awkwardly and VERY SLOWLY calibrating it's angle and direction, while chasing an equally awkward hunk of metal trying to control it's escape route without fucking slingshotting itself around beyond our mesosphere.

I dunno man. I think its much more likely the US will have a ban on guns by then then the Netherlands allowing such thing.

villages and slumps in space. that would mean I would become a human trafficker because what else will they have to offer.
I'm guessing slavery would become a thing again in lawless space. good thing my cargo area is already fucking huge. and I'm Dutch, I know a thing or two about slavery.

What's to stop a space terrorist ripping all the safety protocols out of his ship, speeding up to near light speed and crashing into earth cracking it like an egg.

Nah. Cheap robotics would make slavery not worth the effort, honestly.

Rare minerals, on the other hand...

Point taken. And that's part of why the concept of space warfare is fucking terrifying.

yeah but I mean for...you know...'that'

Don't worry bro. Just put some UN peacekeepers take care of aliens n meteorites n shit?

for what?

Space isn't owned or controlled by any country so it pretty much is early merica in that whoever is the strongest and most prepared survives.