Comicsgate?

We need to talk, 4chins. There's a thing happening. A big, bad thing. I...I think the internet might need you guys to save the day...

What do you folks think of this very bad situation aka COMICSGATE?

If you don't know what i'm talking about, the tl;dr is a whole cabal of SJW marvel writers and gaming journalists from bleeding cool were caught dead to rights gang stalking and using bleeding cool company resources to commit harmful crimes against others in the comics industry. It feels illegal, but even if it's not it definately feels wrong.

The reason they attacked is cause the people they don't like are not SJWs and pointed out marvels really bad sales.

4chin plz halp? Or atleast comment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CEP6i5Uxo1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What "crimes"

I mean, my boy Zach said he resolved everything. Nobody can really stop him at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=CEP6i5Uxo1M

also here's a link to an explanation of the bleeding cool part of the controversey around ethics in comics journalism.

>Diversity & Comics

GET OUT

>There's a thing happening. A big, bad thing.
No there isn't.

>I...I think the internet might need you guys to save the day...
We're not ypur personal army.

go on

Did gamergate ever stop? Don't the sjws still throw digs and shade at the people who were on the side of truth to this very day?

This probably wont end with splatto. So i'm calling an alarm now, I want to know what the community thinks and if anyone is really prepared for the coming sjw shitwaves?

Sup Forums is sadly tumblr turf. If anything, they will sabotage any attempt at uncovering the truth. Forget about this place, just like God did.

Sup Forums likes to troll and shitpost.

By bringing this up, anons here are going to start reporting and flagging all of D&C's videos out of spite, regardless of whether they agree with his message or not.

You fucked up.

Go away.

Nice try, Richard.

No. I am kill.

Get a job

His name is ZACK

Seriously. This place is full of niggers

Oh look, the Russians are trying to control more western media.

You got us with gamerthing and the election, wasn't that enough? Can't you go bother Britain for a while?

Get off our board, shit for brains.

>bleeding cool
>ethics
>journalism

Dude, I don't know how long you've been on Sup Forums, but everyone hates D&C and all those guys here. They won't give a shit about "Comicsgate" until it's too late, so just let this thread die. Try Reddit (although I hear they delete post about D&C).

Pls be troll. Soros and Brock own your mind.

Antifa was the vegas shooter.

Sarkessian is a fraud and a huxter.

Quinn is a theiving shark.

Antos is a unscrupulous cheating liar.

Fuck your media matters manufactured narrative.

It has begun, and you cannot stop it.

They were organizing to combat destructive, self-righteous assholes from attacking and harassing people within the industry.

what's the underlying motive behind movements like GG and comicgate?

im all for free speech, but the tactics i've seen people in that movement use borderline on bullying (like on the gg subreddit) and a lot of people I've seen are also associated with Sup Forums and they don't really care about free speech, just attacking the opposite political spectrum until they are in power. However, I know several people who were practically green party 2 years ago who got involved in the movement and continually shit on the left. What is this movement about?

>Sup Forums is sadly tumblr turf.
No it isn’t. But then again it doesn’t matter what anyone says in a false flag thread like this. OP is clearly baiting.

>what's the underlying motive behind movements like GG and comicgate?
the same thing as every other movement
lulz to be had

When you block more people on twitter than buy your comic book, papa disney pays attention.

Don't worry this will be all presented to a certain group of execs.

Heather Antos, do you want to be responsible for the dissolution of Marvel?

And as for the gang stalkers. Cops will be coming for you.

>harmful crimes
>Feels illegal
user, if it's a crime, it's Illegal. If you can't tell, then it wasn't a crime and you should stop trying to get angry over youtube beefs.

Sup Forums hates Trump, therefore it's tumblr turf

There were some spam threads about this like a week ago? I haven't heard anything since.

>Sup Forums hates Trump
Post proof. I’ll wait.

>I...I think the internet might need you guys to save the day...
>rich the leech
>4chin plz halp?
This is either a false flag or a genuine retard.

Fuck off, D&C. Sup Forums doesn't give enough of a shit to emulate Gamergate for you.

This is a better summary than I could ever post.

You sound like an offensive instagram account from 2014

The five eyes have made us all paranoid.

OP just wants to make sure the people know what is being done to their fellow humans, antisemites calling jews whose families died in the holocost - calling them Nazis.

Calling someone who isn't a Nazi a nazi just because you disagree with them is antisemitic and dishonors the dead.

Can the milkshake crew answer to that?

OP isn't falseflag. OP is concerned their comicbooks are being destryoed intentionally.

>>

aside from the escalation of some writers planning to start shit with him in order to goad him into violence at NYCC. didn't he more or less try to start shit with them first?

also nothing is gonna come from it since they guy is basically a living strawman.

If OP isn't a falseflag they're dumber than hell, ESL-kun.

>What is this movement about?
Censoring media of Things We Don't Like (i.e. "SJWry" by accusing the Left of censorship.

>What is this movement about?
Which side are you talking about? If you mean the comic-creators themselves, they (Marvel) don't want Disney to find out sales are terrible and writers like Dan Slott, Mark Waid, and Tom Brevoort are blaming the fans for the low sales, calling them "racist, homophobic men who don't accept diversity". On the other side of the ring, tons of Youtubers are making videos calling out the Marvel (and other companies like IDW) writers for their actions and want to see these people fired by the Mouse so comics can stop pandering to a audience that doesn't even buy comics.

Yes. pretty much.

>aside from the escalation of some writers planning to start shit with him in order to goad him into violence at NYCC. didn't he more or less try to start shit with them first?
It was a private facebook chat. Yeah they were bitching and they sounded really lame, but it was hardly calculated violence.

The dude's constant anti-trans stuff (whatever you personally think of that) means anyone he wants his criticism to mean something to, AKA Marvel because he's a Marvelfag through and through, are gonna find it too easy to dismiss and are never going to listen.

Pro gamergaters pushed for responsible journalism. But as in all things in life, there are extremists, and there are simply dumb niggers who abuse opportunities for open discourse by trolling people and fucking shit up.

The anti gamergaters interpret this small amount of trolls as an attack from the whole pro side, and double up on their efforts, emboldened by the idea that everyone who disagrees with them is evil.

That’s what’s happening now in comics.

i support diversity & comics, but you can't try to get help here.

we don't do activism anymore, we are now just a bunch of narcissists.

This. Even the boys at Sup Forums won't help.

Yeah, he brags about tweeting and trolling them several times a day, and is outraged when people get upset with him

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I wanted was for Game "Jornalists" to disclose the relationships they had with the people and companies they were writing about. Just a simple "I'm friends with this indie developer" when mentioning them in an article. That's literally all I wanted.

But instead it became such a shitshow.

GG was initially driven by a combination of righteous indignation and a desire to participate in something that felt like it was 'happening'.
I have no idea what sustained it for so long though, I guess people formed twitter communities they became attached to or something.
Comigate and the other GG imitation movements are driven by the same righteous indignation, which they try to organize into 'movements' similar to GG for their pet issue. So far with no success because they haven't been able to recapture the specific circumstances that made GG go viral.

Desu the D&C guy is clearly in for the $$$ and to launch his own comics company over 'fixing' Marvel. He could after all just buy what he enjoys and not buy what he doesn't enjoy, like everyone else should.

It was disappointing seeing the extremists from the word go, you could just see where that shit was gonna end up.

>By bringing this up, anons here are going to start reporting and flagging all of D&C's videos out of spite, regardless of whether they agree with his message or not.

Shut up faggot. Nobody on here is anything more than apathetic to D&C or his detractors. I don't know why anyone who comes to Sup Forums regularly would act like what you just said is based in any form of reality.

Generally people here, and this is a generalization hence the word usage, agree with him in theory but despise him in practice because he's over the top to the point of being wrong.

It's like Hannity or Bill Maher. They may have a good point here and there but they're assholes and a blowhards so it's tough to take their side in any conversation.

then why is it a casual who's only doing it for a minimum wage trying to spur this?

Or maybe because games are more important than comics and other stuff?

That's some amazing mental gymnastics. Do you do cognitive dissonance yoga?

>I am a retard, why isn't everyone retarded?

People who post this are dumb or newfags. The Fappening had a massive impact on traffic for all of Sup Forums.

maybe he can try cripplechan

THIS THIS THIS

I'd also like to point out that the direct spike that is labeled gamergate coincides with august-september 2014. The Fappening timeframe.

>didn't he more or less try to start shit with them first?
Aside from simple name calling like “fake geek girl”, he never did anything as low as doxing, slandering or no-platforming. The professionals in the industry are abusing their power by retaliating. They should have just ignored him like any real company would.

I can't even imagine how quickly a comic gate would fizzle. Nobody gives a fuck about comics and you people have no real issues to rally behind.

It's that and the fact he just outright steals stuff from here and goes about his campaign in a profiteering and generally disingenuous way. Plus there's been a pretty concentrated shitposting effort on like this #milkshakegate shit since before D&C was mentioned much here.

Nobody who actually wants comics wants this

DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD

yup. shut it down goyim

>they (Marvel) don't want Disney to find out sales are terrible
Disney doesn't give a shit about comoc sales, it already got the IPs to male movies, cartoon and other shit like that.

>The dude's constant anti-trans stuff
Stop making baseless claims. His beef is with Mags Masaggio being a poor attempt at transexuality, because he has a beef with Mags alone. Not all transsexuals.

So basically if this D&C guy wants followers all he needs to do is leak nudes of the most famous celebrities in the world.

Uh oh, somebody triggered the Drumpfy Wumpfy snowflake!

this nigga

I don't really give a shit about Diversity & Comics' "message" and I don't watch any of his videos. I just like downvoting them or reporting them (if I can be bothered) because I know if pisses you drumpfkins off lol

Stop trying to support yourself. Faggot.

Games having a much larger audience than comics is probably the biggest circumstance which they can't replicate.
I think there's a bit more to it than that though.
People took the 'gamers are dead' articles as both a personal insult and a confirmation of their suspicions, that's unlikely to happen again.
There was also the presence of a large number of people who had heard stories about shit the internet (especially Sup Forums) had achieved in the past but who hadn't been around to experience it themselves. So you had a lot of people really eager to participate in making change happen, with little cynicism about the process. At least that's what I saw on Sup Forums, idk about places like tumblr/reddit etc.

>Or atleast comment?
Also don't forget to like and subscribe.

>it already got the IPs to male movies, cartoon and other shit like that.
Yes, but what happens when superhero movies, cartoons, and TV shows aren't popular anymore? Disney is gonna start looking at the comic division where it all started and notice shit going on. The Marvel people caught up this drama are trying to delay the "house cleaning" that they know is coming.

Because he's an outrage fag who wants to get in the big leagues.

I was linked to a video on here where he said he should refer to MTF trans as he because otherwise he would be contributing to their mental illness and they would kill themselves.

Again, regardless of your thoughts on the issue that makes real criticism (AKA criticism of the work, not the author) way too easy to dismiss. It looks like he's deleted that vid now though so maybe he got a clue.

How?

D&c is a whiny twat and gang stalking isn't real, fuck off

>but it was hardly calculated violence.
it sounded like they're plan was to basically make him throw the first punch so he could get kicked out of the convention

not that it matters. like i said i'd be suprised if anything is gonna come from it.

>it sounded like they're plan was to basically make him throw the first punch so he could get kicked out of the convention
They wanted someone (not them since they're too chicken) to follow him around and bother him to the point where "they trigger his PTSD" and he throws the first punch.

Marlel and other shits were doing great at going downhill with the sales but with this jackass and his friends now they have a face for people who criticize/don't buy their stuff. Though it is hilarious that people at Marvel are so buttblasted about youtube channels who don't suck their nuts.

>Aside from simple name calling like “fake geek girl”
>using that insult unironically
are we even sure this guy is real and not just a character someone is playing? the more i hear about him the more i'm convinced he's the later.

>Yes, but what happens when superhero movies, cartoons, and TV shows aren't popular anymore?

BAHAJAHHAHAHAAAAAAA

Marvel Comics haven't been profitable since, like, the 80s. Licensing and merchandise has been how its been profitable.

So long as the comics house pumps out a new Spiderman costume they can slap on an action figure, or a character they can hand off to more competent screenwriters, they literally don't care.

If anything, they're happy all the diversity stuff is getting them good press.

literally, 100 percent false. almost every part of it. stop trying to bait people you don't know.

the user I responded to was smarmily asking for the same thing OP wanted just from the opposite point of view.

Which, if you agree with the post you linked as well as me, you would find detestable. A trolling campaign (those don't exist anymore. For Free.) would only serve to strengthen his "case" and "supoort".

Apathy is the best policy to both the faggot screaming about the milkshakes and the faggots buying the milkshakes and taking pictures of them. Both sides are detestable. First person to make the obvious recent news reference to that statement deserves a fucking ban.

Again with the drumfpkin suggestion. Honestly ban these trolling fucks. It's like calling me purple. It has no basis in reality.

You're just down voting someone to be a bitch. There's no cause to it so don't invent one.

Sup Forums is not your personal army

hang yourself

I'm too cool and jaded to care about the comics industry jumping off a sales cliff.

No, Sup Forums is tumblr army

Oh, shit! I guess I better do everything you say now just to prove that's not true!

>see D&C threads
>wonder what it's about
>visit his channel and see a review of a comic I read and I liked, "Dastardly and Muttley"
>he doesn't understand it
>"it's dumb cause there's a dog on the cover"
>"I hate dogs"
>has an autistic spergout and throws the comic across the room
I don't get it. Why does this retard has fans? Redpill me on D&C.

Lol, stop pretending you aren't

>Just a simple "I'm friends with this indie developer" when mentioning them in an article. That's literally all I wanted.

No it wasn't. You were upset because a game wasn't about waifus or swords.

That's actually a good reason to get upset

Nobody watches the reviews (except the America ones), they just in it for the drama.

that sounds worse than his superman review.

He says the things that people already want to hear, and have probably already seen in Sup Forums threads.
He seems to lack a basic understanding of some characters and their traits, which is very evident in his Deathstroke review

They can relate to him

>eceleb
hang yourself

>He could after all just buy what he enjoys and not buy what he doesn't enjoy, like everyone else should.
That doesn’t solve the problem though.