Best character slowly becomes worst character

>best character slowly becomes worst character
Why do this?

Because the writers are Tumblrinas that know how to make a slice of life with aliens (except the aliens have barely interacted with anyone but can't do anything else.

>Using the word Tumblrina
Sigh. Can we just call them faggots? What a stupid name.

Because the Sugar and her crew want to be so subversive that they're up their own asses.

There's subverting expectations, and then there's 'fuck you this show was never about being a space opera or anything interesting, it's supposed to be about the daily and first world problem riddled life of characters you wouldn't give a shit about if they were in any other show.'

I've honestly never seen so many people defend something so intentionally disappointing.

All the others characters are trash Peridot is still the better character even when she isn't that good.

this happens way too often

>those tattoos
Disgusting, atleast be a cute girl

I miss Steveidot.

>best character
whaaaaat? explain

I miss Jasper

I blame Zuke.

Peridotfags think their meme waifu was ever good, without realizing that she was a meme even with her limb enhancers. She was shouting "clod" and being silly when she was flying with her helicopter arms.

She was only serious for about 2 minutes during her debut in Warp Tour in where she wasn't interacting with anybody.

Because even if Sugar would write characters worth a shit, it wouldn't matter because she lets a gaggle of talentless hacks write everything for her.

At least she had a semblance of competence. She may never have been a "serious" per se, but she was a somewhat threatening villain, instead of a 100% joke character like she is now. She didn't even get involved with the current arc and homeworld kidnapping Steven. She and Lapis are the biggest waste of character development of all time

I like to pretend they didn’t fuck her up as much as they did

peridot was interesting as an antagonist. the transition from her becoming one of the crew was believable, but most of the episodes after that she got flanderized badly. gonna have to blame the writers on that one.

>invent a world-ending catastrophic entity and use it for the express purpose of integrating a character into the main group
>when the threat has passed, immediately sideline said character to the point you don't utilize her in situations where it clearly makes sense to have her around or even mention her when other plot-vital things happen

It's just one more thing atop the massive pile that is slowly suffocating my expectations and enthusiasm for this show.

>"""somewhat threatening villain"""
>"""interesting as an antagonist"""
>sends balls to do her work and turns tail when shit goes south
HA-HA

But user, she's just trying to look her part as a librarian! Who'd you rather have check your books out, a cheery alt girl (male) or a nebbish chatterbox that dresses like the '70s never ended and is in love with anything that isn't their job?

Is this an edit or does she actually look like that now?
I haven't followed QC very closely.

>she

It'she

I for one have never said she was threatening. But she was objectively more of a character as a villain.

>she(male)

They can't write worth a damn.

The same fate befell Lapis as well.

you mean he

>worst character
but thats not lapis

>There's subverting expectations, and then there's 'fuck you this show was never about being a space opera or anything interesting, it's supposed to be about the daily and first world problem riddled life of characters you wouldn't give a shit about if they were in any other show.'
i think youre answering more your problem with the show rather than the character.
this is true
>competence is a interesting character trait now
limb-enhancer fags everyone

i feel kind of bad for sugar. her magnum opus shat on by people who either dont know what the fuck they are doing or legitimately cant be left alone for five seconds, then the only other competent crew member jumps ship and works on his own thing and leaves whats left of the show in shambles
sad

no she wasnt.
She literally had no character other than RUN.
She wasnt a serious threat because she didnt know anything that she was doing.
She wasnt a joke character either since most of her comedy came from our reactions to her escapes (finger walking,peri-copter, the audio sync) instead of her being stupid
She wasnt a pitiful coward because she was acting all high and mighty.
She wasnt brave because she wanted to get out badly.
She literally was a run of the mill antagonist whos only point before redemption was to have the gems fight someone.
The idea of her being anything other than a walking plot device before losing her enhancers is amazing to me. Specially since that was the intention of the story. She was shallow with limb enhancers and when she opened up,she became someone

Probably the biggest SU fan in this thread:shes not blameless. The lead writers direct EVERYTHING. That means they planned absolutely every single plot decision, including having the show waste its time on townies and gems doing jack shit.
This is the biggest problem with SU: It knows how to write when plot is happening. They dont know how to write when its not.
Like for instance,amethyst vs jasper was great. And so was the zoo arc and Wanted. But everything other than that with the gems doing nothing,townies being boring and steven crying over nothing is stupid and lame.
Probably the worst example is all the """character development"""" steven had in S4 with lion 4 and roses room only for it to serve absolutely no purpose in the final episode where his guilty made him unable to fuse with stevonnie.
Then why have that development at all? Make it anti-development and have him suffer and hate himself so that when the finale comes, his bickering makes sense

at least she had a purpose before. peridot after S2 is like going from a one-note character to a no-note character. if thats even possible

me too.
but not for long.

I think you mean after the cluster because she had a purpose all the way up until there.
I guess you could argue her purpose now is to keep worst gem locked in the barn so she doesnt shit up the plot more with her walking diarrhea character,but even then their friendship is squashed since their episodes are never about them.

But she did had a purpose
>Pre redemption
get out of the planet
>while redemption
stop the cluster
>post redemption
crystal gem.
I dont know what are you talking about with one-note. She was only that when she was a villain,and like i said,it was intentional.
Like how jasper is one-note so far. We all know she has potential to be interesting,but shes not redeemed,so shes still one-note.

At least when she was doing her job she had some link to the plot of the show, instead of being used entirely for gags. Way to cherrypick that point from my post, user

shes a fucking dumbass for not running a tighter ship, sure letting the staff do their own thing can be cool for a bit, but she let it go to far and now we have shit like zuke half-assedly throwing away plot to force her autistic shipping fuel

I wouldn't say best, not at all, but Season 1 Todd served as a decent foil to Bojack. By Season 3 it's clear the writer have no idea what they're doing with him and Season 4 they outright replace him with Hollyhock who ended up being twice as better as he ever was.

Now I'm just begging for the writers to make him fuck off forever because he contributes literally nothing except for unfunny B-plots that only serve to waste time away from the actual good characters.

Because muh beautiful self insert lesbian otp

>Let me just take this character and board them to be an autistic loser like me who gets to fuck the "hot but like so worldly" girl

Seriously how the fuck was this allowed, people like to give Zuke shit for it but Sugar allowed it to happen to HER show

Honestly people, especially "creatives," need to be told to reign it the fuck in sometimes.

>reign
rein. You know, like a horse's reins.

The biggest problem with Mabel is that they clearly had no idea how to handle her character. Dipper is the MC that spends his time on the supernatural, and you can clearly see his arc and character development throughout the show because the show more or less revolves around him and Stan. Mabel is supposed to counter him, but they really didn't know how to go about it. Nearly all of her episodes were about pining over boys, hating Pacifica, or justifying her immaturity. She has no arc because she's effectively an afterthought, used as a vehicle to push the most generic plots imaginable to fill the time that Dipper himself can't.

Because all too often fans become attached to a character for all the wrong reasons.

This show is still going on?

Unfortunately, yes.

Did CN end the show yet
Fucking too long wait, I'm see DuckTales instead.

what the fuck are the crewniverse doing, they seem lazy as fuck

It will still happen, its OTP

>slowly

it happened in one episode. also wheres the new episodes?

it hasn't been officially canceled yet. But there hasn't been a new episode since spring and nothing has been announced

This guy gets it!

>promising they will return
>not one mention of any new episodes ever appearing at anytime
>ever

Why you make me sad, user.

So I haven't heard anything since Steven brought back to life that faggot by crying on him
has anything happened since or is it on another hilarious hiatus?

it's longest yet

QC doesn't apply here, since Hannelore is still best girl

>Peridot was the first character that Steven told he loved on screen

It's cannon in my head, and then they ruined her.

That's not at all true. She was literally the only character introduced with real depth and development at the time. Now she's just as flat and linear as the rest

I wouldn't say all of his scenarios are unfunny and I'm willing to give him another chance in season 5, but yeah Todd has become the weakest character out of the main cast.

>'fuck you this show was never about being a space opera or anything interesting, it's supposed to be about the daily and first world problem riddled life of characters you wouldn't give a shit about if they were in any other show.'
The show started to suck when it tried to become a space opera. I wish it stuck to the comfy tone/ 'slice-of-life' style of the first season.

Yeah, it's a real shame they practically just shoved her aside when her arc was done and she wasn't super relative to the current plot anymore. Gem Drill and the episodes immediately preceding it are among the best in the show imo, not just because of her, all the new lore and shit being introduced was neat and interesting, but she certainly helped. Immediately AFTER Gem Drill they let Zuke the Puke just run rampant with her lesbian shipping cutesy meme gremlin bullshit.

Are you guys aware you can call 2o13323484 and talk to Rebecca Sugar right now live on the radio?

Yes but they're determined to kill it

>people interested in show because of lore and backstory
>"LET'S START MAKINK LE FUNNY SLICE OF LIFE NAO)0))"
This people are fucking idiots.