Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2uJdxxuQeI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...Hmph..

Based Larry

>now kill all jews for what they have done to our lord and savior, jesus christ

Hijacking this shitty meme thread
What made Veggie Tales so good?

I don't remember it super well but I think it was like 80% Larry, 20% that cheeseburger song

Where is my hairbrush, Morty?

I would watch a Veggietales/Rick and Morty cross-over.
Bonus points if there is a silly song between Larry and Jerry, with Rick trying to sabotage but failing miserably.

>the whole episode is Rick trying to do his shtick on Bob and Larry and failing miserably
I would pay to see this.

>Gee Rick! If you're so smart, why are you all so miserable all the time?
>Would a song cheer you up? I play the tuba, what do you play?

Kek, imagine Rick commiserating with Archibald the Asparagus about being surrounded by morons.

Am I the only one who's started becoming sexually attracted to the screwdriver on Rick's desk?

Good humor and catchy songs along characters that had simple designs and easily defined personalities.

>not the wrench
shit taste

I'm the kind of faggot who gets annoyed by people who say "Am I the only one", but I think it's safe to say that you are, in fact, the only person in the world who is sexually attracted to that screwdriver.

>atheist feel legitimely offended that the atheism agenda on rick and morty gets criticized

Good characters and clear plots that are focused by the moral. Honestly the Jesus thing is secondary.

How is it an agenda exactly?
Rick is an obnoxious asshole, and an atheist(when it suits him), so he's an obnoxious atheist. He's not supposed to be viewed as smart or "enlightened" when he says that, and if he is then they're fucking it up, since he just comes of as a cunt.

You generally don't drop hardcore eschatology on grade schoolers.

And pretty much what Jesus preached about, saying that people who were all upfront and prideful about their faith were only doing so for the sake of public image.

If Rick wasn't a nihilist, his flippant attitude towards everything wouldn't make a lot of sense. But honestly it probably does make r/atheism look up to him. Intended or not.

That's a problem with the religion, not Veggietales.

maybe the world would be better if we did study the bible more thouroghly as children, then more of them would pick it apart rather than blindy having faith in something they never read, much less comprehend.

The comedy was first, the agenda was second.
More shows should follow this formula

Sunday school generally teaches stuff like Noahs Ark and David vs Goliath.

Imagine some 8 year old kids face if you just dropped the Book of Revelation on them

>god tier music
>excellent humor and dialogue
>great voice acting
>the garbage CGI actually worked because they only used simple shapes and movements
>taught good lessons regardless of personal beliefs

Hell, most of the old testament isn't taught.

Imagine some kid's face when you tell him about the time a guy suplexed the fuck out of an angel.

When my pastor reads the old testament, he sometimes has to out-loud remind people it's actually in the Bible, based on their reactions.

There is something in that, but also I wonder if it were better introduced as an individual comes of age.
When you look at the faith objectively, its the story of an all-loving embodiment of good slaughtered in front of his mothers eyes, for political convenience, and with all his friends abandoning and betraying him, because it was easier.

>the time a guy suplexed the fuck out of an angel

story time?

Genesis 32, where Israel got named. Or, specifically, when Jacob got renamed to Israel because he stalemated God himself in wrestling.

As a nihilist I can say Rick is the last person I'd look up to. He's really a failure as a nihilist. How do you understand that there's no inherent meaning or purpose in the universe, and do neither A: kill yourself immediately, or B: enjoy the fuck out of it.

There's really only two roads for a nihilist to take imo.

YHWH STEPPED INTO THE RING EXPECTING TO WALK BACK TO HIS PEARLY THRONE WITH A FREE BELT
WELL I TELL YOU BOYS AND GIRLS, ON THIS STARRY NIGHT IN PENUEL, THIS CANAANITE FARMER BOY MADE SURE THAT HE SAW STARS WITH HIS
SIGNATURE
D
D
T
t. person named Jacob

Soddom and Gamorrah is my favorite.

>Lot literally haggles with God and fucking wins!

>Angels so hot people want to rape them.

>Guy offers his daughters to get raped instead because he's a good host.

>After Lot and his daughters survive, they get him drunk and rape him so they can get pregnant.

Fuck the new Noah and Moses movies. We need a movie about Lot that takes the deconstructionist hammer to it and re-contextualizes it into some kind of modern allegory.

The bible is goddamn batshit insane a LOT of the time.

Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

Don't forget that part when God was fucking around with Ezekiel and made him eat a scroll and bake his bread wih shit.

Oh wheeeeere, is my hair brush?

Writing was on point

>Every year on Christmas my family watches an old VHS of The Toy that Saved Christmas
comfy as fug

Old testament God sounds fucking sick, in both ways

I mean fuck, Samson is already some variety of Capeshit.

Ecclesiastes is the original edgy emo blogpost

It was the first 3D series, before even Reboot, and it came out straight to video so you had to by each one by itself. America's only OVA imho

And he is one evil and ruthless monster

This. A consistent materialist is a consistent nihilist. Rick's one of those dime-a-dozen fedora-tippers who act superior but always rant about shit they've arbitrarily assigned some meaning to.

Nah, he just is. Like in Moby Dick, you just can't do anything against the absolute.

>Hurr durr nihilism means you have to be edgy
>It literally just means that you believe a person makes their own meaning for things rather than there being an inherent one

I'm from the IRS,
aaand I've come t-SLAM

ay no hating on Ecclesiastes, it had a good end message: "Life is short, so do what you love, marry who you like, and live for God."

Nihilism nowadays means "using the belief that things have no objective importance to justify laziness or hedonism" and not the correct definition which is what you stated.

The Song of Songs/Solomon was unintentionally my first foray into erotic literature.

I'm not hating it, it's one of the few books of the bible that are a joy to read from a literary standpoint. It's just that much of the stuff in it would fit at home on a despairing blog about how humanity sucks. That just goes to show you that for all our advancements the human condition remains more or less the same

The autists making a fuss over rick being whatever is so fucking embarrassing and sad. Who gives a fuck what rick is? Are you people not self aware? Jesus, ricks making an idiot out of all of you.

Actually user...

which is, ironically, a central theme in the book. But yeah I totally see where you are coming from

AND IF THE WORLD SUDDENLY RAN OUT OF CHEESE
HE WOULD GET DOWN ON HIS HANDS AND KNEES

>Honestly the Jesus thing is secondary.
And yet the religion ones are the best ones, not counting Larryboy.

>I wanted to play Mousetrap! You roll your dice, you move your mice. Nobody gets hurt.

>god tier music
Ayy, I see what you did there.

Laughed more than I should have

Doug TenNapel

Is this shit even actually a Christian show? I never made that connection, even now, yet people always insist it is.

Just dont send us to Buslyville
the bridge is out

Sure is. They even fight Satan

Good meme.

This. Honestly, I'd rather go to hell than jerk God off all day in heaven.

Why else would he make a sentient pickle? To get out of an appointment?

What does a deity have to gain by being involved in the lives of us little creatures? Honestly from my point of view God was bored and him and the devil are using this whole existence as a sort of game. Like they're seeing ant colonies fight it out and they're betting money on which colony succeeds and which one fails and what not because they have nothing better to do.

There's a story about just that in the bible. God lets the devil fuck over this person's life, by killing his family, livestock etc just to test his faith.

>But Larry, Deuteronomy 23:19-20 prohibits us from running our own banking industry! Who's going to handle our money?

The power of Christ

>Half the episodes are biblical stories
??????????????????????

>Multiple stories are biblical tales with vegetables
>End each show with a bible verse and "God made you special, and he loves you very much"

Come on

Read it in his voice.

>thinking that Veggietales hates Jews
>Pa Grape is a positive, kindhearted Ashkenazi archtype
>majority of the stories are Old Testament
>in the Jonah movie DVD commentary, the writers talk about asking Rabbis if a joke about bagels would be too offensive
Are you even a good Christian kid, user?

This. Sup Forums needs Jesus, for he and god love us all. They do not believe in revenge.

lovable characters and fun storytelling

Yep, Job.

Just do what the English did and bring in craploads of Italians.

>Grumpy kids, greedy dreams
>This is not what Christmas means
>I'm just a toy, I don't claim to be a genius
>But there must be more to Christmas.”

youtube.com/watch?v=R2uJdxxuQeI

Sup Forums needs less LARPers and more genuine Christians.

kek

Fuck I never realized that was a jew joke. Is it possible for Phil Vischer to be more based then he is?

He suplexed GOD, not an angel, fuck the malak translations we all know that was God in the original versions

It's kind of funny how spending so much time studying the Bible as history and reading other apocrypha and extra texts gives you a completely different idea for God than the prescription being sold

It is kind of surreal seeing the G-rated Veggietales adaptation of a story about a king who cuckolds one of his soldiers by impregnating the man's wife, and ultimately has him assassinated by instructing every other soldier to fallback during the battle and leave him to die.

i don't know because i grew up watching looney tunes, magic school bus, sonic the hedgehog, batman, rugrats, and ducktales like a normal kid and my parents decided not to use a christian cartoon to indoctrinate me like apparently did for them. Sometimes i forget how christian this country is, assuming you are all american.

closest I got to a show like veggie tales was arthur

You know you can objectively like a show for it's creativity without necessarily kowtowing to it's philosophy, right?

Its not like VeggieTales forces Christianity down anybody's throats.

They just retell christian stories but with cute vegetals instead. Don't need to be christian to enjoy or even find meaning in them

Whatever you say, littledog.

>Cites post-new testament apostates and men contaminated with worldly philosophies

kek

>that time an angel slaughtered 185000 Assyrian soldiers in one night
Imagine what that looked like

Do you have a bible not written, translated or edited by mortal men who may have changed it to better suit their goals?

this is really is Sup Forumsumblr, huh?

I wouldn't know, unlike you I don't use tumblr

>non-religious kid
>friend's family was super religious, would volunteer at church constantly
>I went to church with him just to play pokemon
>watched veggie tales a lot during the "kids club" church thing
>find out years later that it was religious
I mean I knew there was religious episodes but I thought they were one-offs like the simpsons does.

no shit

More like Cu/co/mblr

It had 44 minutes PER EPISODE
Just like the Adventures of TinTin.
I really, really wish we would get more 30-40 minute format episodes in cartoon shows. 21 minutes is too limiting and 5-10 minutes is ridiculously bad.