ITT: Your Favourite Vertigo Comic

Since Vertigo seems to be dying, let's reminisce about all the classics it brought us

Saucer Country was overlooked. I haven't gotten around to reading Saucer State, is it any good?

Code name: Knockout and Human target

It's four issues in, and kind of feels like it's wasting its time. It continues right where the last one ended, but I feel like it could use its limited space better (it being a six issue mini). There's barely been any answers since it started

Strange Sports Stories
Sweet Tooth
Shade, The Changing Man

I not counting DC comics that became Vertigo ones, it's Daytripper by by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá

Enigma.

Finals was really mediocre. In general nostalgiafags are overhyping Vertigo, most of it's shorter series were just original ideas and bad execution.
Fables was my favourite.

>calls Finals mediocre
>posts Fables

Shame this had such an abrupt ending because of the cancellation (well, no real ending at all)

Naturally

Those panels are from American Virgin, actually.

It wasn't anything special but last issue was probably the worst single issue I've read pre-America.

Fables at least delivered what it attempted to be, Finals was supposed to be a comedy book but it wasn't funny.

Easy five for me
Shade the Changing Man
Transmetropolitan
American Vampire
Preacher
Doom Patrol

Young Liars is the best

I don't think it's nostalgia, just remembering how things were, Vertigo felt revolutionary in the 90s. There weren't any other comics like that at the time. Nowadays everybody is doing Vertigo type comics but back then they were breaking new ground so they were pretty important.

Can someone explain me what happened with Vertigo? apparently they changed their contract to explicitely fuck over creators and that's why they all fled to Image?

I thought they went total creator owned in the last few years. They give a page rate, but the cancellation threshold seems higher than Image, so people go there if they think they have a lasting hit.

bump

i wish american virgin didn't end so soon. it was just hitting it's stride.

>wasn't vertigo until Delano's run
For fuck's sake lad.

Not Vertigo. Why are so many Vertigofags just capephobic posers?

Easily my favorite

Isn't there going to be an additional six issues?

I know it's not Vertigo, I just wanted an image to bump the thread.

Daytripper and Scalped.

I blame reprints that carry the Vertigo name for a lot of stuff (like Morrison's DP)
There should be another six, but sales seem to be really bad. As in, it has not ever placed on the charts since it started (meaning sub-2000 sales). It might not get the second set of issues

>sub-2000 sales
Yikes

Love this mini.
Great art, intriguing story.

It's probably at least partly to blame for the movie but Lansdale is my favorite writer.