"Too bad South Park did it first!"

>"Too bad South Park did it first!"
>"Oh hey look, it's just like we're in season 1 again!"
>Rick essentially being God

Is it just me, or did this all really cheapen the show?

It's not you. This last episode dealt the final blow to the show.

You're not gonna see me clamoring for a 4th season, I can tell you that much.

THIS. this show is dead to me now.

See you in 3 years for the threads

fuck off satan

To be honest, I have liked every single episode of this show, except for this one. It fucking sucked a donkey dick. It was edgy, had shit pacing, and no direction.

OK, which shows actually do things right now?
inb4 Bojack Horseman

>"Rick is tangled in a confrontation with the president"
>Tales From The Citadel was best episode of the season hands down
>Evil Morty becomes President
>Should set up a series arc
>Rickchurian Mortydate wasn't a bait and switch, it was literally just 23 minutes of Rick going on about how awesome he is to the President of the United States
>Only episode in the series where Dan Harmon has a solo writing credit
I feel like someone is giving us and/or someone else the finger.

Hmmmmmm....
Recent shows; Wander over Yonder. Knew what it was and played it up to the end.
Just watched F is for Family. I feel like it kept true and did things alright.
Voltron hasn't kept it up.

I can't think of anymore other than the most obvious of them all.

but that's been pretty evident since, what, Rick Potion #9?

What happened in the latest show?

I heard a theory that since they initially planned for 14 episodes this season, the story arc got kind of shunted

I don't see how 1 and 3 have anything to do with anything. Rick has always claimed to be god and these episodes show him, if anything, LESS god-like than he's always been. And 1 doesn't have anything to do with anything.

I can get where someone might think doing a huge divorce arc, then deus-ex-machinaing it back to the original premise cheapens it by demolishing any idea of progress (though personally I disagree since the heart of the show is a improvised loose-narrative muddled sci-fi thing and no hard lore matters), but mixing these other random things which you personally find unpalatable, tells me that you're a shitty critic.

>>Rick essentially being God
People saying this really shows how little Sup Forums understands fiction. Other characters see Rick as a god, and he tries very hard to leave everyone around him in a state of awe, but he's basically basically nothing more than an amoral Batman.

This season felt like a waste of time. We're now supposedly back to Season 1 standards, yet instead of just making a season of S1 tier episodes they went through all these hoops to reset the show

So now we have another hiatus until we get "good" episodes again. What a giant let down. Mr Poopy Butthole was right, we're wasting our lives

Don't listen to these morons. They were doing a Beth and Jerry reunion from the beginning from little hints here and there about Beth thinking or rethinking the divorce itself. The whole season alluded to it from one way or another. It's just Rickfags mad their self-insert was taken down a peg by his co-dependent daughter and her kids. Rick even said so himself.

They say it's a return to season 1 but isn't that what everyone wanted when they say s1 was the best? Shows you how consistent these fans are.

maybe it's a comedy show that you're putting way too much thought and emotional investment into. that could be why a decent episode didn't please you since it didn't have any bullshit big character moments like your precious steven universe. it's a dark sci-fi comedy and it has honestly delivered on that in nearly all the episode this season. Oh noes, they made a 4th wall joke! you mean like the show is already know to do, especially in the last episode of the season? and rick being a living god has already been alluded to and you should understand that it's only if it's funny. rick can be handicapped bu here has to be a good reason. This was a good season, not as good as season 1 no, but still good.

Venture bros. is still better though, based on consistency.

man, talk about a fickle fucking fanbase.

>look, beth and jerry, having lived apart and grown some, decided to get back together!
>summer is still pretty useful and funny
>morty doesn't take shit from rick anymore
>rick begrudgingly decided to stay in this reality and just deal with it.

if Sup Forums got there way, it would be like bojack slityouwrists-man with jerry committing suicide, morty becoming a sociopath stock broker, summer doing a different fetish every episode and beth getting gunned down after doing some evil science shit, with rick ultimately having to taker her down himself...you know, FUN!

Doesn't sound like much of a show.

>summer doing a different fetish every episode

I’m okay with Sup Forums getting what they want on this one

This episode was a weird fucking mixed bag of strange. The characters are talking about Minecraft of all games then lazily write it off and acknowledge it's an old, lame joke that South Park did first. We had a bunch of dialogue that felt like Sup Forums wrote it, ("Is this game mostly enjoyed by autistic people? Because I am loving it!"). We had Beth breaking the fourth wall by talking about season 1. Plus the insane amount of status quo reversing. Plus the entire President vs. Rick fight felt like leftover gags that they wanted to include in Rickaxation with the Rick vs Rick fight.

It was just fucking weird. Like, I know people shit on R&M and call it Reddit & Memey, but that was usually because the show created memes. This felt like they were taking memes and using them as jokes.

nobody got it, it made sense and worked perfectly with the point of the season

this. season 3 feels like a waste that ended with no payoff, just everything getting anti-climatically reset. im fine with the show being eposodic but why have all these plots put in if theyre just going to get thrown away with a flaccid resolution? how can i be expected to stay interested in the show if they keep injecting stupid plots just to turn around and make it not even matter to begin with? this whole season feels like a waste of time

at least theyre not shipping

yeah because beth and jerry at the end of inter-dimensional cable, the abcs of beth or season 2 fanale had no significant character development right

I guess it cheapens it if you think of it as some drama with deep lore. For me, it was a bit of reassurance that it's just a fun show, and they do what they want to make it funny.

Thoughts and prayers.

God I want that show to go on, yet quit while it's still great. There's excellent satire in it, as well as plenty other forms of entertainment.

His 'science' literally no different than magic.

>like Batman
so God

Niko and the Sword of Light

Morty in S1 was nervous and timid but always butted heads with rick like when he took over the spaceship from Rick in the opening scene. Now he feels like a little edgelord mouthing off to the president like it's nothing, disfiguring Summers ex, and cracking unfunny jokes while getting choked to death. He's Rick lite.

Not really, rick fucked up, had to escape, while in season 3 he was the killer. he doesnt fucked up, he got countered than counter them and squashing them. The seasons before he was a genius scientist, dont know if it started in, season 2 with him being a genius scientist and master strategist and now in season 3 he is the genius science and military god. Its more like superman, where you have to think up good stories or challenges for him to be interesting episodes. Season 3 is like an endgame thing. If you dont know if you have more season greenlit, its sure to try to make a final ending and resolve loose plots.

>Mr Poopy Butthole was right, we're wasting our lives
But user, thats just 4-5 hours, thats no time wasting. If its activates your brain and you participate in discussions, its no time wasting. The writer of that sentence has no understanding of wasting time, he might even dont know it, he wasted his time producing a mediocre season instead a good one. Just because of his ego and failed understanding what made his series popular.

They blew the fuck out of all the haters and obsessed fans who wanted more citadel and evil morty and pheonix person.
They basically reset the show to the status quo at the end.
They made Rick say he was autistic and liked minecraft to piss of the "i'm just like rick" people.
They gave Jerry a win.

The show turning into deepest lore bullshit is what made me drop it.

>maybe it's a comedy show that you're putting way too much thought and emotional investment into.
Even with this, just consuming like a sheep and eating bad writing stil is not the solution. And it less the healthy brain exercise, preventing in becoming a zombie

The show never turned into deepest lore, faggot.
Fans talking about lore =/= the show having lore.

Its your opinion that the writing is bad.
Being a sheep would be watching the show because other people do.

It just felt so lazy, especially how they set up the Beth clone and resolve it the next episode because I guess they needed something to resolve in order to go back to the status quo right
What a bad season, only two good episodes and I bet my ass those episodes they wrote before they had to fire the old guys and bring anyone willing to shit up a season as fast as possible for peanuts
It's not the female writers fault either they got hired to do a job and they did it as best they could, let's be honest they where last minute replacements and nothing more and it wouldn't have been better if it was three random guys they picked up from twitter

Bringing evil Morty back showed the creators were listening to "fans' and trying to make storylines. Not to mention the whole divorce arc.

Or they just wanted to do it because it was cool, faggot.
A prime example of how they WEREN'T listening to the fans was the constant teasing of "regular rick and morty adventures" and never delivering.

just getting boring desu

Thank God there won't be more Rick & Morty in three years and I mean it
This season made me so sick of the show I don't want to even think about it until then

You are right. It tried to be over-meta and wanked themselve with this episode. And to prevent reactions they wrote some failsafe init to stop any critic from the beginning. And i have the feeling that beths 4th wall breaking and mr poopybutthole was some sort of late corrections. Its easy to voice over it anew, since they got some backlash from writer hiring and of general season 3

>This season made me so sick of the show I don't want to even think about it until then
Then why are you in a Rick & Morty thread, posting about the show that you "don't even want to think about".

This post brought to you by the Betsy DeVos' department of edumacation

And they had bad writing in season 3 which made the things you mentioned stand out too much.
The writers wanked their ego too much in season 3. Sad that they dont take R&M just as a fun adventure series anymore.

That's your opinion, faggot.

There was never deep lore before. Just worldbuilding, build up some threats for MC and taking on some sci-fi or philosophical problems. It was deep but not deep lore thing that some try to use for hating season 3 or glorify the writers.

I always check out once Rick starts doing badass shit. It's always lame as fuck and never works.

Sure everything is mostly opinions depending. But still there are some general tropes or rules in writing that you have to follow to make a story compelling. If something follows them is discutable indeed. And being sheep is to consume something without thinking about it too, because someone puts it in front of you. Maybe i should have used more zombie or worker ant instead.

Its a less than half our long science fiction comedy cartoon on a programming block for stoners and retards. They don't need to make it compelling, they need to make it entertaining.

>Betsy DeVos'
Lol, well played sir.
But the popularity this series got, heavily inflated the ego of the writers. And it feels more like a battle writer against fandom over the series and the interpretations. Thats why they participate in a MatPat Theory video.

Participated?

And thats why you could counter argue me and not just insult someone like in 4th grade?

>I think this is so because you can see this
>Thats is not like this, because.... be... cause... You are a faggot!

I applaud your superior intellect. And now go playing witht he kids at the kiddy table, but be carefull, they like to discuss.

Counter argue what, faggot.
All you did was declare the writing to be bad.
Here's a counter argument on the same level as your post.

Uh, the writing isn't bad.
Prove me wrong, faggot.

And they seem to fail in that. No real adventures, loose end, Rick getting too powerfull for further story development, producing a series end episode and loose cool scenes with nothing between them to get full half hour episodes. Thanks for supporting and proving me.

Yes, MatPat had Harmon in an episode as guest.

>And they seem to fail in that.
The average viewership of season one was about 1.5 million an episode.
The average viewership of season two was about 2 million an episode.
The average viewership of season three was bout 2.5 an episode.

Thanks for being retarded.

inb4 the number of people watching doesn't have anything to do with how entertaining the show is

And you couldnt write that the first time? Only after i reminded you of it? Why didnt you wrote that the first time?
And why didnt you consider to say something about that the writing was balanced or just fit in. That the the writers didnt wanked their ego?

Guess you had to write in school paper three times till your teacher accepted it. Or your chef wil have you do your task threetimes anew in your job.
Understanding and reading sentences are hard, i know, but in several years you will master it. Keep iz ip user.

>And you couldnt write that the first time?
I did, when I told you that was just your opinion, you fucking retard.

So you dont consider it that over 2 seasons the show build up a momentum of a hype that everyone was watching season 3?
By your standards massacres are very popular. But its more the horror and the sensation of news and revelation that builds up interest.
I am on the surface with my opinion, but yours are just baitworthy retardation.
3/10 because still made me react.

>By your standards massacres are very popular.
see

i used to like the show but now they have women writing it.

also the diversity hire was just empty virtue signaling because women are too inept to actually do anything

lol, try again,
just a "its your opinion" with insult is just a sign of resignation with salt and butthurt.
Maybe the fourth time you wil get it right. But dont do it too much try and error, you have to understand what you did wrong for further discussions.

Except he can turn a leaf into a nuclear fusion reactor if he wants. He's god, not a scientist. And that sucks, because it basically ruins the whole show.

its a comedy, dude

The only butthurt faggot here is you, as evident by your inability to actually explain why durr duh writin is bad.

But don't worry, maybe your next reply will be better.
Try and error.

yeah, and now its bad comedy.

Because it does?

Its like saying massacres are good
inb not regarding deaths, destruction of property or loss of thing. In i showed you why for me its doesnt say anything. Its yor argument, which i countered. Because you say your argument is presented as a rule or fact, like a 4th grader would do and limit his opponent, doesnt mean i can give you an argument against it.
And still you had to 2nd post something, like i said with the returning paper in class thing.

Massacres aren't television shows, user.
Maybe you should go back to school.
What channel are you watching these massacres premiering? Do they go by season or are they like made for tv massacres?

The overly contentious fanbase cheapens the show.

>contentious
Whoa, smaller words, friend.
Some of the stupider people here might not understand you.

Lol, like i estimated from you.

>No, you are the butthurt faggot
Grow up kid and you might understand sentences. I already pointed out in why i consider it badwriting. I'm not sure about your reading comprehension skills, but youwil master it sometimes. Evenif you try now to play retard to cover up your retardation under the cover of trolling.

It really, really doesn't.

>I already pointed out in why i consider it badwriting

no you didnt

Dont understanding examles and analogies.
So you take everything literal? Lol
Than discussing is somehow pointless. Till then, farewell. Keep it up and in some years you will master it.

>artificial fun

>I already pointed out in why i consider it badwriting
lol
ok, let's take a look at why you think the writing is bad

>The writers wanked their ego too much in season 3
Wow, that literally doesn't explain anything. Why do you think the writers wanked their ego too much? What does their ego have to do with the writing? To quote a very stupid man

>I'm not sure about your reading comprehension skills

No, I don't understand examles, maybe you explame them to me.

>I need to be intelectualy stimulated to not feel like the average dumbass that watches reality TV, now if I tell people I watch this show they'll think I'm dumb
Are you that much of a beta to be worried about what people think about you?

they did the opposite. they showed rick was a petty, insecure, short tempered old man who for all his booksmarts has a very flimsy grasp of how people work. even his tech isn't that impressive. its only slightly more impressive than what Obama had. the only thing Rick actually has going for him is he can't be beaten in a fight. big woop.
a God would have retained Morty's approval, diffused the situation with Beth rather than make it worse, prevented Beth from getting back together with Jerry, and not lost the respect of his family

When has Morty ever approved of Rick?

Being popular and being fun are not inherently linked, and you can enjoy things regardless of quality.

This shows gotten way too high off its own hype...where does it think it gets off, lecturing me about my life in a post credits scene? I hate how overly confident and downright full of themselves its creators have become

It now has full on generic american comedy writing style where they try to sound smart by referencing something slightly obscure and subvert expectations with the most basic shit ever. What the fuck is even happening? There are no Rick burps and stutters that's totally unique of the show. They fucking changed the comedic style of the show.

Even so, I like this episode. Like said, it's interesting to see the family actually do what they should've in Season 2's finale but the writing to connect these narrative dots is fucking shit.

every single time he's emulated his behavior and worldview

>lecturing me
>not having actually done shit during the hiatus such that the post-credits didn't apply to you
you deserve it. the fandom needs less people like you and more people like me.

>Only episode in the series where Dan Harmon has a solo writing credit

Well that certainly explains the end credit scene

>I feel like someone is giving us and/or someone else the finger.
Well, yeah. The whole episode was a fuck you to certain cancerous people in the fanbase.
The people who spread rumors about Justin and Dan fighting, them being late to deliver the episodes, the constant divorce plot, thinking the show is intelligent and that Rick is a role model to look up to and emulate, etc...

It went heavier on the meta humor. Where Rick kept saying the name of the show to really push that they're aware that they are in a show, season 3 opened up with Rick talking about the "darkest season" and how many more seasons their show is going to get. Mentioning that their adventures take about 20 minutes, shouting "Rick and Jerry episode", and casually talking about interdeminsional tv really pushed it over.

>The people who spread rumors about Justin and Dan fighting
Which was started by Dan himself since he was the one who said "there's been fighting in the writer's room" even if it was simply phrased badly. Even factoring that out, the blame for that falls on the journalists who reported it, not the fans
>them being late to deliver the episodes,
Which actually happened. Didn't help that at one point they were going around saying that they'd be airing season 3 earlier than expected at the end of 2016, which drove up the anticipation
>the constant divorce plot
I don't think anyone was asking for more of this. And in the commentary Dan Harmon constantly references that the Beth and Jerry marriage plots were usually him venting about his own failing/failed marriage, season 2 especially.
>thinking the show is intelligent and that Rick is a role model to look up to and emulate, etc...
These people are annoying as fuck, I'll give you that. But to be fair the writers themselves are sometimes guilty of this themselves and do a bad job of conveying otherwise within the show.

The show became too self-aware for its own good

What really irks me about Morty this season and especially in the finale is that he's not really the counter to Ricks constant existential edgelord nihilism. Like he mouths of to the president like its no big deal and doesn't even flinch when an innocent secret service officer just drops dead in front of him. He used to conflict with Rick with his naive and nervous but well-meaning nature. Him being Rick lite isn't funny or interesting because that's all this Morty has going for him and he lost his relatability. Evil Morty is infinitely more entertaining than the main Morty this season.

Too early, I'd say. If they had this level of mets humor in the later seasons it'd make sense; they're getting used to the show, tired of it even.

>showed rick was a petty, insecure, short tempered old man who for all his booksmarts has a very flimsy grasp of how people work.
Still you have a petty, insecure, short, tempered god.

>even his tech isn't that impressive.
Still he had in this season a solution for everything at hand, even more of planned out counters and manipulation of reality and life beyond sci-fi. And everything at once and steadily.

>a God would have retained Morty's approval, diffused the situation with Beth rather than make it worse, prevented Beth from getting back together with Jerry, and not lost the respect of his family
Because thats what the writers wanted and in worl what if he wants to manipulate them rather than create new versions of them? He could easily create clones and make his utopian worlds, but he doesnt want faked approval. And maybe he isnt the god of feelings, but of science and trickery.

This. Would explain this heavy meneing.

You have your point, but what if that user did several things, so he is pissed that they accuse him not to, diwn play what he achieved?
And even if they are correct, thats still some "im better than you" attitude. That kinda look like that whoever came up with this thinks he is better than the viewer.

Thats just wrong. Its not approval of Rick, but of nihilism or that his attitude is similar to god.
If i start believing in the god as you do, that isnt the approval of you but of the religion.

More a fuck you to his critics and audience. To cover up his lack of writing.