What the fuck was his problem? Unlike Bugs, Tweety...

What the fuck was his problem? Unlike Bugs, Tweety, etc who foiled genuine threats or villains he just fucked with the dog for no reason

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BMaUBeaiHnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is your problem?
It's just a cartoon; they were probably wanting to do something different.

Old southern people are actually assholes.

roosters are fucking cunts

They didn't exactly portray him as a good guy. If I recall the whole cartoon was about the dog and Longhorn constantly fucking with each other with neither side being in the right. Just two assholes.

He's a, I SAY he's a victim of his character, boy.

I like to think the dog had a fetish from being hurt and foghorn had a fetish for punishment.

youtu.be/BMaUBeaiHnQ

A savage and a sophisticate.

This, a hundred times this. And they do it with a smile.

I take it you have never owned chickens. Roosters can be complete assholes to just about everyone. Dogs, cats, other chickens, humans etc.

This. Foghorn Leghorn was just a huge jerk, but so was the dog. It was hilarious. There doesn't always have to be a good guy to root for or a bad guy to root against.

I dunno but he's so lazily smug when he fucks with the dog it cracks me up.

and what these anons said

It was a joke, son, try to keep up

Fuck Tweety. I hated that irritating little shit.

Foghorn is just Old South personified.

What do animators call those "sparks" that cartoons make on impact like in OP's pic, anyway?

I always got the impression that the dog was retaliating. In EVERY cartoon with the two, Foghorn does the first prank. Usually that think where he paints his tongue green or spanks him with a fencepost.

IIRC cartoonist Robert McKimson was inspired with the Foghorn vs. Barnyard Dog shorts by seeing a Rooster torment a dog on a farm, and eventually the dog got agitated enough to bite at it.

He was an obnoxious asshole, and the show expected you to view him as such, pretty much every other 'good' character in that show basically says so to him or the audience.

Shit.

>What the fuck was his problem?

He was too cocky.