NYCC X-Men Rumors

>Here are the four things I’m being told about the X-Men books from Marvel. None of them are supposition. Doesn’t mean they’re true.

>First, that New Mutants will return in April or May. The X-Men: New Mutants movie makes this a bit of a no-brainer, I guess, but will this affect X-Men: Blue or Generation X? That I don’t know.

>Uncanny X-Men to return as a series after Phoenix Resurrection finishes, also in 2018. This may be the rumour most in flux. It might mark the moment that ResurrXion moves on.

>Astonishing X-Men — it may be a maxi-series destined to end with issue 12, dealing with its own storyline regarding the Shadow King and a possible return of Professor Xavier, but this is now rumoured to be the title that sees Wolverine return. Charles Soule killed him off with The Death Of Wolverine, it’s only fair that his book be the one allowed to bring him back.

>The next big X-Men event will be focused on Legion. They may not have done much when the first series launched aside from slap a sticker on X-Men Legacy collections, but David Haller will provide the focus for whatever big X-event is to come in 2018.

X THREAD

blah blah blah here's some names and some event shit you don't care about blah blah blah

Nothing addressing the underlying problems facing the line or the entire company, I see. Business as usual, chop chop go on and buy those trades grognards.

>David Haller will provide the focus for whatever big X-event is to come in 2018.
DO NOT

I will fucking freak out if they kill Generation X right after Husk joins the team and it semi-resembles a Generation X book

>First, that New Mutants will return in April or May.
>Stealing Cannonball and Sunspot from US Avengers

Oh come on, at least let Ewing write the book

This

>David Haller will be the focus of the next big X-Event
No NO NO GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
WHY

>David Haller will provide the focus for whatever big X-event is to come in 2018.
HE'S BEEN DOING GOOD, LEAVE HIM ALONE, HE ERASED HIMSELF LET HIM BE HAPPY BY NOT BEING AT ALL.

You can't steal from a book that's already cancelled.

>Wolverine and Professor X finally die in the movies.
>lol time to bring them back despite their being a half dozen wolverines running around.

Can't wait for them to undo Spurrier's entire series by making Legion a twitching schizo who decides to destroy the universe with a temper tantrum

They gotta let him have it right? gonna be so mad when it's someone else

Cyclops coming back is all I care about.

So it's largely just TV and movie synergy oriented shit. For fucks sake, Marvel.

the Avenger books are merging for No Surrender so they can get it out weekly.

I would like to see all the X-Books canceled and Uncanny come out weekly like Avengers, 7 team books with all but one double shipping sounds like overkill

Phoenix vs Legion, I'm rock hard just thinking about the DBZ power level wank. and it's not Other X-Men, Other Heroes, Apoc, Mags, Purifiers or Sinister, so it's fresh.

I personally hope it's a return to Age of X and they can use lol Legion to bring back some of the analogs like Tempo and Eclipse

>I would like to see all the X-Books canceled and Uncanny come out weekly like Avengers, 7 team books with all but one double shipping sounds like overkill

So that we would have one shit X-book every week instead of maybe one semi-decent one every other week? No thanks. X-men need satellite books for the fandom to survive.

>stealing characters from a book that stole them in the first place
You mean, reclaiming Cannonball and Sunspot from shitvengers?

>Charles Soule killed him off with The Death Of Wolverine, it’s only fair that his book be the one allowed to bring him back.

>I would like to see all the X-Books canceled

Thanks for the input, Ike.

>The next big X-Men event will be focused on Legion.
Pls no.

you're probably right, 1 weekly book and the return of Jean and Logan and you could kiss the 90% of the cast away

>let Ewing write the book0
Yes. Please. Anything else would be a mistake.

It's funny to take a look at how long every Uncanny run has been, because the first one was something like 600-700 issues and every subsequent one hasn't been running longer than att most a couple of years. But it keeps getting relaunched

It was the longest running series at marvel until 2011

How are they going to bring back Legion when he erased himself from existence? Just pretend his series never happened?

I know, that's part of why it's interesting that they keep doing that to it

One thing that is frustrating is that marvel added new avengers and all-new avengers to their numbering to get 672 total count. I do wonder if blue and gold will be added to uncanny, because that way, it would also reach around 670+ legacy, IF rumors are true

>legion focus of next event
>legion quest 2.0
>age of apocalypse part 2!!!
ahhh yeah boys, 90s greatness is back, i can taste it.

There's a little piece of him in Blindfold's mind

>X-Men hops on the synergy train after being shafted for anti-synergy for so long
MONKEY'S PAW

But he writes Sam and Roberto as completely different characters. I get that they're about 10 years older in-universe than their heyday, but Sunspot is unrecognizable, and Cannonball seems almost dumber now somehow.

If you want to get neetbux for a NM revival, grovel to Claremont for him to write the first few arcs or something.

Raise hands everybody who think they'll remember that when they bring Legion back

Agreed on Bobby, but I like his Cannonball (what little focus he gets).

In short, synergy. Shocking.

Is that what X-books are reduced to now?
Endless rehashes of the formula "oh noes mutant X has gone crazy/dead", then "hurrah mutant X is back!"
Is it so hard to let the dead stay dead? To allow former teammates live on instead of being dragged back into yet another reincarnation of decades-old team?..

Truly, i have been spoiled by quality comics like Dredd.

>Is it so hard to let the dead stay dead?

Yes, when killing the character in the first place was just a cheap gimmick.

I hope that they get some good creative teams, be cause if it's just the same guys that are writing the books now, then the x-line is going to continue being shit.

I'd call Legion's 'death' the opposite of a cheap gimmick. I'd say they created a really good, and more importantly completed story of a third tier character. There's no positives to restoring him other than reverting him back to crazy/unstable threat.

I mean at the same time I think the exact same thing of Logan too but what can you do but sigh at his inevitable resurrection.

I (finally) finished all of second coming the other day and it's a dumb as hell event but I still felt really bad for Nightcrawler, who really needs a better company that loves him like he deserves to be loved

>I'd call Legion's 'death' the opposite of a cheap gimmick.

It was not a sales gimmick, but it was very much a cheap creative gimmick to give the book closure. You knew he would be back since he already erased himself from existing in Legion Quest through a time paradox. He's super powerful and also Xavier's son, so it's even more likely for him to come back eventually.

>I'd say they created a really good, and more importantly completed story of a third tier character. There's no positives to restoring him other than reverting him back to crazy/unstable threat.

So just like bringing him back after Legion Quest? He was resurrected purely for nostalgia reasons in Zeb Wells' New Mutants, and then in Age of X he was the bad guy because lol he's crazy and accidentally created a pocket dimension where he lives in a eternal warzone of his own making.

>Claremont
you mean Wells

Agreed, the main problem I see with David's return is that he either is going to come back as a crazy mess as said and Blindfold is probably not going to be a cornerstone in the story.
I mean, David erased himself because he understood his own rolea after he became complete, with the only proof of his existence within Blindfold's subconscious, if the return does not address that completion and the relationship that linked him with Blindfold, there is no point in coming back.

I agree on Ewing's Sunspot being pretty much a completely different character, a new character.

And I want to believe that whoever writes a new Legion story, will at least read the last book about him. So they should know about Blindfold.

It doesn't have to be, and mostly likely won't be, the same David coming back that you read in Legacy. His gimmick, after all, is being insane and creating new personalities. Even when he's "whole" he's far from being normal and well adjusted.

Yeah, it was a gimmick that lasted until his completion. I'm just saying that it would be nice to link his return, if he has to return, to his most, not important, but most personal story.
Give a plausible reason on why and how he returns, aside from synergy, and why is he going back to his prime state, aside from "it's his gimmick"

>Give a plausible reason on why and how he returns

I don't think they really gave a reason the last time, iirc, beyond him being just powerful enough to do it. And he's reverting back to being unstable because that's David default condition, he's never been actually stable or cured of his mental issues, it's always been a temporary fix, usually by him using his own powers on himself to do it.

his return was never a problem.
he is hidden in his waifus mind. Perhaps Blindfold is dating someone, fucks/kiss someone and he goes nuts/freaks out

Last time it was Magik's doing, right?
She brought him so he could erase some powerful entity.
Don't give it more thought, it's just me not trusting current Marvel when it comes to showcasing something in the comics that is now on tv.
I just want plot and a link to Legacy; if you do it right I don't really mind the regression

Always thought they should have done something more with Blindfold's newfound confidence.

It's not like they've been in any good X-Books in years