If there are an infinite amount of Ricks and Morty's, shouldn't half of them be female?

If there are an infinite amount of Ricks and Morty's, shouldn't half of them be female?

Are the writers trying to tell us something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fPOzX6PTHE&t=38m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does not follow.

infinite / 2 = still infinite
l though R&M fans were smart

no matter how many universes there are the nature of a individual, no matter what he or she has gone through will not change
rick and morty are men will be for infinite universes be men or they cease to be rick and morty

Rick being Rick could mean that he needed to be male to become who he is. The few FemRicks that exist are a product of extreme circumstance.

most likely, they have their own society or citadel. and they'll probably be revealed to be even more godlike than rick just like how the woman were civilized and the men were just for seed. It's a comment on manhood. Only the male ricks are super damaged. thats what makes the penultimate episode this season so daft.

Lizard Morty is the cutest.

I'm not a fan though.

Ok
Youre just stupid then
Gotcha

In the Simple Rick's commercial, it's mentioned that Simple Rick's timeline is something like fifty deviations from the baseline curve, implying that there;s kind of a standard template that the majority of R&M's don't stray too far from. Large deviations from the norm, like gender swaps, are probably less common.

Few people are as intelligent as Rick and Morty fans like yourself.

So was it a deep voiced rick or morty that did that commercial?

The central finite curve implies that is a specific finite set of universes which Rick has access to. It;s necessary to make the setting make sense.

However, If you read the authors' official explanation (only a certain set of universes that "aren't too weird" are used) it's obvious they don't understand math and infinity. The subset of universes which are similar to Rick's original should still be infinite, so that doesn't solve anything. The only way to really justify the show's practical mechanics is that although infinite possibilities exist, the portal gun is limited to a certain finite selection of them. All the times Rick talks about "infinite possibilities" he's just being hyperbolic and pretentious, since although there is a universe where any certain thing has happened, it's not like he can access it.

Infinite possibilities =/= Infinite results
There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2, but 3 is not one of them.

The Reginas all have their own Citadel. It's exactly the same; the only reason for the division is that neither side was willing to give on the "Citadel of Ricks and Reginas" vs. "Citadel of Reginas and Ricks" debate.

In general, Ricks have Mortys and Reginas have Morticias. Whenever there's a mix-matched pair, the two Citadels arrange an exchange because the Mortys and Morticias always end up fucking within an hour if you let them interact with each other.

A female version of Doofus Rick shows up for one panel of the comic.

There is probably a citadel composed entirely of female Ricks.

That's nice, but remember to post it to fanfiction.net.

Not a fan, but I'll play doubles advocate for that user. I would imagine that on paper infinity / 2 doesn't exist. However, I think chaos theory would make it so that if you were observing them, roughly half would be female. Now if you include other realistic shit that 'infinite alternate versions' would include, like versions who have mutated so badly, they are indistinguishable in any way, hermaphrodite versions, versions who don't have a sex (like that one episode of Star Trek TNG where an alien falls in love with Ryker, and goes female for him).

But who gives a shit, its a cartoon made by a depressed dude and his friend who gets drunk too much. There's no super special meanings, its all for entertainment.

That’s a false equivalency.

>pretending you understand something that isn't even actually real like infinite universes
let's be real here for a second, even if these things don't exist we can speculate "what would happen" if they existed, like this show does, and on some matters like the infinite there is no way to speculate what is wrong and what isn't

from my point of view, their idea is valid, notice how when Rick swapped universes he said "I can't do that every week there's like only two or three left of these".

So even if there are infinite universes, the number of universes where Rick is smart enough to travel through universes might be finite.

Also, the fact there is more than one universe that is an exact copy of C-137 Rick's alleged original universe is almost definitive proof that Evil Morty is C-137 Morty

most of these Ricks and Mortys are about one deviation from the originals.

being female versions count as a deviation in itself.

>Also, the fact there is more than one universe that is an exact copy of C-137 Rick's alleged original universe is almost definitive proof that Evil Morty is C-137 Morty
Explain.

YOU AREN'T THE SAME PERSON IF YOU ARE GENDER SWAPPED BECAUSE Y AND X CHROMSOMES ARE DIFFERENT.

I'M ASSUMING THAT YOU = YOU GENETICALLY. YOU AREN'T YOU ANY MORE IF YOU HAVE DIFFERENT GENES AND THERE ARE A WHOOOOLLLLLEEEE BUNCH MORE GENES ON THE X CHROMOSOME COMPARED TO THE Y CHROMOSOME BUDDY

HERMAPHRODITES ARE POSSIBLE (if you interrupt the pathway or due to exogenous hormones) AND PEOPLE WHO LOOK FEMALE BUT AREN'T GENETICALLY FEMALE (eg androgen insensitivity maybe somehow due to an early somatic cell mutation resulting in mosaicism)

You're like a huge retard. Please study up on set theory. A set with half the objects of an infinite set is still infinite.

Maybe, or maybe a Rick using a voice changing device.

I'd love to read that explanation if you have a link!

Maybe there are a finite but expanding number of universes? The show uses timeline/universe kind of interchangeably. Maybe certain actions cause a new timeline to split off from one of the already existing ones. You could still call that "infinite".

You know whay, fuck that, i take it back. here's a better answer for everyone. Just tell yourself this is one of the infinite universes where the entire citadel is male except for Easter eggs like Gravity falls or one shot gags like

female ricks weren't intelligent enough to invent portal travel due to the fact that women are generally less intelligent than men. The "pinnacle" ricks that made it to the citadel usually didn't have the mental handicap of being female. There, solved it for you retard.

I'm not saying they aren't. I'm saying what you can see will be finite, and you can base statistics observing that

No it's because they aren't the same people you fucking retard, and are probably going to their own lesbian citadel at this moment.

If you have two people who look the same, speak the same, act the same and absolutely everything but have totally different genes THEY. ARE. DIFFERENT. PEOPLE.

Sup Forums probably already discussed this theory to death (even though I never saw it posted here) but basically

Terminology
Original Rick = C-137 Rick = The Rickest of Ricks
Original Morty = Morty that currently follows Rick
C-137 Morty = Morty from Original Rick's original universe (C-137 Universe) = The Mortiest of Morties

The show starts with the premise that Rick was missing for 20 years. Morty is 14, meaning that would be his first time interacting with Rick.

At the same time, when Evil Morty is inside Rick's mind at S01E10, we get to see memories of Rick interacting with baby Morty, which seems to be C-137 Morty. We see a picture of something similar to that at S02E05.

This would be impossible in the universe we're watching since Rick was missing for 20 years.

The most likely explanation to this is that Rick was originally from another universe, the actual C-137 universe. He had a special relationship with Morty there since he didn't disappear for 20 years as you can see in his memories and pictures. But it seems like something went wrong, so he had to move to another universe, that one you see in the first episode of the series.

Original Morty erroneously calls himself C-137 Morty but this is impossible even considering Rick implied, when first swapping universes, that he had done it before. The real C-137 Morty is probably Evil Morty.

How is this related to the fact there are multiple alleged C-137 Universes? If there were, then we'd have multiple Rickiest Ricks, and surely this would show at some point in the series. I'm guessing the universes in which Rick disappears for 20 years have not-so-smart Ricks and not-so-morty Morties.

It's possible that Rick only ever meant there's a limited number of times they can slip into a new universe under relatively decent circumstances. 1st time was the originals dieing after fixing the overall problem with the last universe.

In a last ditch effort, he could easily slip into a universe of a Rick he got killed in the season 3 premiere, just he and Morty would have been missing for however long since that incident happened.

>So even if there are infinite universes, the number of universes where Rick is smart enough to travel through universes might be finite.
No. If there are infinite universes, that means you have multiple universes which are identical to each other in every way. If each universe had to be unique, they would then be finite, because every different combination of matter in the universe is also finite (albeit very large). There is a very big difference between infinite and non-infinite, even when talking about stupendously large numbers such as this.

>can't handle the fact that intelligent people tend to be men and lashes out
never change Sup Forumsmblr

But we've seen at least one female Morty in the citadel, and several Ricks who're genetically different from our Rick, like pic related

There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but only one of them is 1,500000... for example

Even if there are infinite universes there doesn't need to exist an infinite copy of every single individual unit that uniquely composes this infinite universes group

>can't handle the fact that two people who don't have the same genetic code aren't the same people
It's like the /sci/ equivalent of saying that you are the same person as your fucking dad. Truly, fans like you have the highest IQ.

I don't think you understand what "infinite" means. Once infinite is introduced into any scenario, all possible outcomes also become infinite.

I would female Jerry.

2bh for all we know these "different" Ricks and Morties could have gotten that way in some adventure

The Citadel finds new Ricks based on their genetic code being identical or near identical.
The moment you throw in another X chromosome, it becomes harder to lock on to them.

Plus, Rick is notorious for thinking less of women, and Rick hates himself.
It stands to reason that femRick would hate men as well as herself.

Put those two things together on a space station, and they'll be too busy flinging shit at each other to get anything done.
This is why the citadel is nothing but Rick and Morty, and the occasional Morticia.
There's likely a separate citadel out there filled with femRicks and Morticias, with the occasional Morty.

user, stop repeating that one fact you heard somewhere. I know it makes you feel smart, but it doesn't prove your point at all.

they have their own Citadel.

Nice rebuttal faggot, here's your last (you)

When you have a sperm and egg it fuses into a zygote. The zygote can undergo spontaneous mutation which results in mutated cells that replicate and give rise to other mutated cells resulting in a person who who looks different but came out of the same genetic soup. The other option is that you can tell genes to shut up, so that even if you are the same genes as everyone else, you can look different.

And you might tell the genes required to produce male hormones to shut up or tell the genes required to receive the male hormones to shut up, so you can look female and still be genetically male.

Or being Rick and Morty, they might have started out being the same person but decided to switch to some other gender or something.

I suppose it depends on what you count as you. You with a X chromosome instead of a Y chromosome is technically not you genetically. And we don't count identical twins who are raised in exactly the same family as the same person either. So when do you stop being you?

I remember in another RandM thread is postulated that the Citadel of Male Ricks and the Citadel of Female Ricks are separate because Male and Female Rick and Mortys tend to start fucking, and no one wants the self-incest babies.

The whole infinite shit in this show really doesn't make much sense, if you consider it for a little while.

Think about it: every single version of Rick (or any character, for that matter) is merely a slight variation on their normal personality. Why is every single Rick a scientist? There should be infinite businessman ricks, infinite farmer ricks, infinite ISIS terrorist ricks, infinite school teacher ricks, and so on. There should be infinite versions of rick with infinite different personalities and possess infinitely completely different awareness levels, intelligence, stamina, species, and infinite other level of different variations that could possibly ever be conceived. They basically aren't even the same person. This is applicable to any character/entity in the show. There could be infinite God-being Jerry's who infinitely meet up. You see what I mean? It's a little bit weird and redundant that all Ricks in existence of the show are all intelligent scientists like the main character.

Not that I want to debate hard mathematics, the concept of infinity actually existing, etc, but surely this must have been something you've at least considered. Hahah, yes I know, overthinking a sci-fi comedy show. I'll let it slide.

b-b-but user, the set of numbers between 1-2 is infinite! that proves you wrong!

Again, let's not get into that debate. Let's not pretend any of us are particularly knowledgeable on something so abstract and unknowable.

A female Rick wouldn't be evil because women are only ever bad due to being influenced by the patriarchy. They also can't burp in public so there goes most of Ricks personality.

>How is this related to the fact there are multiple alleged C-137 Universes?
It's possible the Cronenberg'd universe isn't C-137, Original Morty only refers to himself as Morty C-137 because he's parroting what Rick said.

OR, Rick isn't C-137. I've seen a few theories that our Rick is something like A-001, the Rick from which every universe derives itself.

There's a comic that deals with a genius Morty (pic related) who mentions a Citadel of Morties, implying that there ARE multiple citadels for different characters

Is it me or was the worst mistake the show made straying from "timid boy and psychopathic, jaded grandpa go on alien adventures" formula? The whole Council of Ricks thing and using other dimensions to solve every problem ever just made everything pointless

You need to be a scientist in order to get to the Citadel in the first place, but if there are infinite realities, some Rick might accidentally get there because they arranged their fish and chips in a specific way or something. The show I don't think deals with true infinity.

Attractor fields like in Steins Gate or something?

Here's a simplified version of how infinite works - applied to Rick & Morty - for Sup Forums.

Everyone brought this example many times already so let's use it. Imagine the infinite between 1 and 2. There are infinite numbers between these. Note that:

a) None of them are 0 or 3;
b) None of them will repeat themselves;
c) They are infinite for as much as they keep infinitely approaching - yet never reaching - 1 and 2

Apply this to the series. Imagine that there are infinite Ricks and Morties, but that they are all within a set of acceptable deviations that a Rick or a Morty could have.

It is difficult to measure someone's personality with numbers, but let's imagine, for the sake of this example, that the "minimum" of a Rick would still be a scientist, although a very stupid one, like Simple Rick. And let's also imagine that the maximum Rick would be, well, C-137 Rick, the "Rickiest of Ricks".

This means you have a number of infinite Ricks, but they will all be between Simple Rick and Rickiest Rick. Infinitely approaching them, but never going beyond them.

Apply this to the series. I do believe Rickiest Rick is one of the bounds. As for the other one, I don't think it's Simple Rick, it might be a even more stupid version of Rick, one that is so stupid it can't even travel through universes.

Does the show still have inconsistencies? Yes, but they are not the ones that are being pointed in this thread, it is perfectly possible for there to be no female iterations of them, or for there to be only a limited number of Ricks in the citadel

>It's possible the Cronenberg'd universe isn't C-137, Original Morty only refers to himself as Morty C-137 because he's parroting what Rick said.
Exactly

When Rick warped out of Cronenberg universe, he implied he had done that in the past. So it was implied Current Morty wasn't Rick's original Morty even before the memories of him holding Morty as a child

Ricks are also going to be travelling in and out of the Citadel - the ones that weren't permafucked, so what you see isn't necessarily all of them.

>Attractor fields like in Steins Gate or something?
You mean that only specific (aka plot convenient) outcomes are possible because reasons? I mean that would work, but it's also bad writing.

That's transfinite, not infinite.

>or for there to be only a limited number of Ricks in the citadel
No there can't. By your own explanation, there should be an infinite number of Ricks between the Rickiest Rick (lets call him Rick 1) and some other slightly less Ricky Rick (let's call him Rick 2). Since both Rick 1 and 2 are in the citadel, the entire infinite subset between 1-2 should also be there.

The Citadel already seems particularly overpopulated.

If they were female they wouldn't be Rick.
Sex chromosome is carried by the sperm.
A different sperm reaching the egg results in an entirely different person not an alternate version of you.
There could be some AIS or trap Ricks though.

You aren't you if you have different experiences, either. Nurture plays a nontrivial role in human development. Just don't think about it.

There's at least one canon female Morty, by the way.

That's a valid assertion, but Rick specifies in the Cronenberg episode that there are only "two or three more universes like this one". By your own logic, we can assume that, between two of these universes, there'd be infinite iterations of them, yet there aren't, though I'll admit this could be one of the show's inconsistencies

Has anyone put the "please be patient I have autism" hat on Rick yet?

The concept of infinite universes is flawed in itself, there is no way this show (or any other) could apply it properly, it's an awful - albeit interesting - theory for describing reality, but it's just one of the many theories that attempts to deny intelligent design by imposing an deus ex machina that is practically the equivalent of intelligent design except for (usually) employing luck/probability instead of a Creator

You can technically roll all the same chromosomes except the Y via independent assortment during anaphase I for the sperm and the same egg - but I still don't count that as the same person.

Rick's behavior makes clear that the universes he can portal to are very limited and finite. I was just responding to the other user trying to justify the universes being limited and infinite simultaneously, which is clearly not the case. It could hypothetically be so, but not in the way it's portrayed in the show.

see

I stick by the AIS explanation to explain fem Morty

>There's at least one canon female Morty, by the way.
No there isn't. It could have just been a male Morty wearing a dress. It didn't look like your pic at all.

But is it limited because of the portal gun's limitations or because it's not really infinite?

You'd assume Rick would have found a way to reach the other universes by now, if his portal gun was limited. That seems like a important ability to have since it'd give him infinite backup universes.

Reminder there can't be infinite citadels

It seems like all Ricks just hivemindedly "agreed" on which universe would contain the citadel. It is probably related to the portal gun's mechanics. So yeah, only one citadel will exist, unless there is a group of dumb Ricks that warped to the wrong universe and still made a citadel there (very unlikely)

>"This Morty is from a dimension where her mother's womb was 32.54 degrees warmer during the early stages of gastrulation. The moon was also 384,900 km away. That matters folks."

It's from Pocket Mortys, you dip.
youtube.com/watch?v=7fPOzX6PTHE&t=38m43s

>Creator
You haven't been paying paying attention to the show, Morty.

>everyone assuming this one female morty is really "female morty" instead of - which is much more likely - assuming he just swapped genders in one of his adventures

It's just make-believe bullshit user, it doesn't have to be scientifically accurate, just entertaining.

It plainly says that the Morty was born female and explains the reason why.

Pocket Morty isn't canon.

Why would you try to kill the discussion like this? It's very interesting, not many shows get to have discussions like this

Not even going full "this is such an intelligent discussion for an intelligent show", it's just interesting, that's all. Everyone here is completely uneducated on this field yet it is fun to speculate about infinity.

I agree with some random ass youtube video. His portal gun is basically a map of known regions. Any universe uninhabitable can't come through and any in which he didn't discover portals don't get added. Every Rick that reaches the Citadel contributes the co-ordinates creating a map. But then how does the Blender Dimension get added?

Did you not click the thing I linked?

>that Rick carrying a his Morty on his shoulders

D'awww....

I don't know, how would they first build the citadel if no portal gun can reach it until it is "connected" to the map of universes?

You are right.
Maybe he randomly guessed right for the Citadel and didn't kill himself in the process.

Mostly this sort of thing tends to happen in amphibians and reptiles (temperature related sex determination)

Thinking about it now, isn't it weird that the portal gun can travel to other universes? I mean, in the Cronenberg episode Rick had to use a special machine to swap universes, why didn't he just use the portal gun? The portal gun would make much more sense if it could only travel within his own universe.

Citadel Ricks reach through different universes with the portal gun all the time, C-137 Rick does that too.

You could possibly argue that the Citadel is located in universe C-137 (or whichever is that universe)??? But then how do other Ricks reach the citadel? Are they abducted by the citadel itself?

Maybe he used a machine because he had to be extremely accurate? Or maybe the portal gun has limitations?

There is a running theory that c137 Rick(or whoever he his) accidentally created the multiverse and that's why all the Ricks are male and for the most part some level of genius, because that Rick is subject zero and is the bases of all Ricks, hence why that Rick seems to think so highly over all the other Ricks.

Anyone else hated the new citadel?

Originally it seemed to be an outpost for ricks and morties, like a pitstop, possibly counting with the council which would fight threats to the existence of ricks and morties.

Now it is just a huge mess that limits their potential

Considering that these things supposedly go on from the dawn of time, there needs to be some serious pruning, Bokurano- style.

Mostly just used to show versions of a single character anyway.

Well if there was any truth to rick's fake origin in the season opener, the council of ricks goes around giving ricks portal guns. Maybe they only choose ricks that are scientifically inclined or maybe the simply giving a rick a portal gun is enough to push them into super-science

You'd female anything.

Any time you see a place mentioned to have been the Citadel, in an advanced civilisation, colonised by some of the most intelligent minds in the fictional universe, and their elite class are dressed in funny clothes and who purposefully separate themselves from the rest of the universe: you can just assume that they are bunch of No Fun Allowed cretins and the MC is on the run from them because otherwise there would be no issues for them to solve (and no plot).

I disagree with this theory because it makes c-137 rick even more of a powerwank than the show has been doing. I thought in the first council episode they explained that this rick is just the most evil-aligned rick they haven't killed yet.

So Summer then?

I don't know where you faggots keep getting the idea that simple rick is stupid. He's simple rick because he prefers the simpler things in life
>whoops I meant doofus rick ;^)
Fuck off. It's always that dumbass excuse. Doofus rick isn't even stupid either, he's just a pussy. His character is too nice and docile

Shouldn't there be an infinite number of Citadels of Ricks?

He did use the portal gun. Why do people that don't watch the show always try to talk about it? He used the machine to look for a suitable replacement and then portaled there with the portal gun. That was obvious the first time I saw it man how the fuck are you this bad at figuring shit out