How come there hasn't been any cartoons that utilized the old styles implemented by those cartoons of the 1930's?

How come there hasn't been any cartoons that utilized the old styles implemented by those cartoons of the 1930's?

The only recent thing to be released that uses an artstyle like this is the Cuphead video game.

There was something charming about cartoons back in the day. Now everything just seems so clean and sterile like Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jDZfREYppk
gamesradar.com/we-quit-our-jobs-remortgaged-our-houses-how-relentless-passion-made-cuphead-a-reality/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because it's a lot of work

They made a video game. It clearly can be done quicker now.

Cuphead took fucking years to make.

It took years of hand-drawn animation and the devs had to quit their jobs in order to finalize the project.

you are literally retarded
fuck off to Sup Forums you piece of shit

Idiot

You brainless fuck

Prove it.

The style is trash.

Over the Garden Wall had sections inspired by that kind of animation. Now'd be a pretty good time to watch it.

That "Story of OJ" music video by Jay Z had a sorta similar style.

>animation is hard!

As an animator, I can tell you it's not actually hard at all. It's why you see those stick figure animations with God tier movement despite being, well, stick figures. Calculating how something moves doesn't necessitate that you know how to draw well, it just helps.

The real issue is that it takes time to do and nobody has time to be wasting time, so studios rush shit out the door to meet deadlines. Now what used to be the case was animators had legendary work ethics and could pump shit out right in the nick of time, but one problem is that they added too many animators to the process now. It's a case of too many cooks, no one person gets to master the show's animation, so it kind of slows shit down. You can't just fucking do it, you have to send different bits and pieces off to this or that person in Korea or whatever.

In the pursuit to make things faster, the studio system got rid of people who could do it Sania fast if given some time to get the hang of it, in favor of random who'll get something done on time all of the time by cutting corners, but as a result make a more mediocre product.

I am so salty that it will never be on ps4

just go watch The Congress faggot

>stick figures with god tier movement
name one show

Corporations want quick turn around. They'll take a shitty animated show that has just enough jokes to keep you entertained. It's not an art form anymore it's a business. Companies like fox have perfected the art of making a show shit, but just not quite shit enough, to be watchable. There's plenty of artist out there willing and completely able to do it, and I'd even argue there's a market for the old simple one off cartoons seeing how everything on tv is a fucking series now, but no one would take that risk. The only way you'd see that is if animators collaborated on their own to make stuff and create a new company but even then very difficult.

TL:DR, MONEY GOOD TAKE MONEY NO GOOD ME COMPANY WANT BIIIIG MONEY

I know you're baiting for (You)s, but: youtube.com/watch?v=3jDZfREYppk

It got announced back in 2014. They started development in 2010.

gamesradar.com/we-quit-our-jobs-remortgaged-our-houses-how-relentless-passion-made-cuphead-a-reality/

That doesn't actually mean anything.

I think he's talking about xiao xiao and madness

golden age of newgrounds senpaitachi that and really good sprite animation
>madness
>stick figures
triggered.png

is it just me or is cuphead like a decade to late?

Why are the frogs boxing in a fancy eatery?

Because modern animators/animations are shit

t. John K.

>How come there hasn't been any cartoons that utilized the old styles implemented by those cartoons of the 1930's?

There has been quite a bit of that in Little Witch Academia. Usually done on 2s but they had a special sequence where they animated on 1s to achieve fully authentic look.

The new Mickey Mouse Shorts, I guess?

Well where else are they supposed to do it?

This. Plus they are breddy breddy gud

You moron, this game has been in development for fucking years.

Don't even try me

Cuphead took many years to make and its only a few hours long

>nobody remember pig goat banana cricket
fuck you, Sup Forums