Can someone explain to me why Summer was such a bitch to Jerry in this episode?

Can someone explain to me why Summer was such a bitch to Jerry in this episode?
Especially when she herself cheated on her boyfriend with a guy she'd known for about a week.

Summer is a bitch now, it's empowering.

OP is a beta male that sympathizes with Jerry.

because Jerry called her a racist, then put her life in danger because rather than grow a pair he told his rebound he's dumping her because his kids are racist

It's a wacky scifi comedy show. They do whatever they think will get a laugh. Rick and Morty was never a particularly well written show, anyway.

My guess is Morty and Summer were both racists and didn't like getting called out on it.
You notice when they first see her they immediately start working to sabotage his relationship telling him he is moving to fast and needs to break up.

> please make this cartoon make IRL sense so I know who to get irrationally angry at

2deep4u

Summer's always been a bitch, come on.

Because we live in 2017 and women can no longer do anything wrong.
Everything a man does is wrong however, and they're all sexist bigot beta males, except for the chads, who are exempt from this rule and can do as they please because they don't give a shit what women think.

Which begs the question, why does Jerry give a shit what Beth, Summer or any other woman thinks.

I don't recall the show stating she was in a relationship with Ethan prior to hooking up with bucket man.

Jerry was very forward with his racism and sexist attitudes. I thought he was actually going to make up for it when he confessed to her at the end, but then made it all about getting back at Beth again, so he's fucking hopeless.

Thank god Rick's a moron and can't keep his daughter in check for her to come crawling back to Jerry for his simple simple mind.

>why does Jerry give a shit what Beth, Summer or any other woman thinks.
Because he's a beta.
All betas are like that, they defer to other people, namely women, when it comes to how they live their lives.

Well if they weren't dating then that just makes the Whirly Dirly B-plot and Ethan's supposedly karmatic commupence seem even more arbitrary since for all we know he and Summer were barely a couple and Summer just exaggerated their relationship.

Making him admit to being a pawn of females sure helped a lot.

>Especially when she herself cheated on her boyfriend with a guy she'd known for about a week.
Exactly, and she got mad at Ethan who probably didn't even cheat on her yet. And Summer who fucking married another guy, and Ethan was the one who got permanently punished.
I used to really like Summer, but now the only characters I really like are Morty and Jerry.

Summer had a boyfriend?

He made another commitment to a woman he wasn't man enough to keep. He was too much of a pussy to do what was right for the new woman exactly like he was too much a pussy to do right by their mom. They made him say that he was a bitch because his problems stem from him being a bitch. That was helping him.

bad writing.

What the fuck does this have to do with cheating? Summer's problem was Jerry getting into a relationship just to spite Beth. Him projecting his physical issues with her onto the kids was just extra.

i like her slutwear in the finale

They said that he was going too fast because he formed a serious, permanent commitment with an alien warrior he just met and all he had to say about her is how cool she was.

I'm more confused as to why Morty was being a dick to his dad. He wanted Rick to take his dad out on an adventure to cheer him up, and they usually had a good relationship. Now he's being a dick and not even trying to help him. I can understand him being mad at Jerry, but not being so mad as to blow him off like that.

This is the real answer.
This is the incel beta cuck answer.

>teenage daughter
>not being a bitch to her dad

wow this is so hard to figure out. of all the shitposting and memeing Sup Forums partakes in this is by far the most warranted and meaningful question brought to the table.

Because she is a bitch in a comedy cartoon. She is not likable, she just is. People that behave like she does irl tend to get blown out of the fucking water as fast as you can say fart.

I come into these threads and read these posts and the more I do, the more I realize that the reason Sup Forums gets so angry at the implication that you have to be smart to get this show, is because it's true. Either I'm smart, or most everybody here is just retarded. Because how you can keep fucking up facts about an easy to follow cartoon that frequently explains itself, I'll never understand.

Morty fucking says, he SCREAMS about how he lied to rick about taking his dad out on an adventure so he could get a break from all the sci-fi bullshit.

God, fuck. If you didn't watch the show, or you are so fucking bottom of the barrel scum feeder tier stupid that rick and Morty is too smart for you, DON'T FUCKING TRY TO DISCUSS IT

ITT anons think you can't offer criticism on something if you've ever done something worth criticism yourself.

They can both be wrong user. It's not a competition.

also as much as you think she was being a bitch, she was 100% right in all her criticisms.

because she was a sloppy rebound and Jerry is a racist shit

Jerry deserved it this episode, he wasn't doing things for his kids he was doing things entirely for himself so he could get a psychotic moron to notice him. Someone can say that not everything he does has to be for his kids, but it's literally his weekend to take care of them, his weekend of custody, it's the few days he gets to spend with them. And not only did he drag his kids on a bunch of bullshit that was about him he was only doing it so they would go back and tell their mother. And to top it all off he threw them under the bus when he realized he fucked up.

I kept expecting Morty to actually explain to Jerry what being soul bonded meant and unsavory elements of her species that he should know. Presumably, things Morty knows that he should tell his dad when he's getting in over his head. It could even be taken in the direction that Jerry lived so many lives in the wormhole with Rick that he's developed a understanding and perspective, he still misses Beth and is on the rebound, but he's sampling the universe. Still completely over his head but then there's a thematic tie-in across the season.

Instead, we seemingly get Jerry being a bit weirded out by an alien he's been with less than a month, and this turns him into a sexist racist? Summer I could understand but Morty being on the exact same page, with all he knows, is just inconsistent and irritating.

Again, this all comes off the heels of suddenly remembering Ethan exists in this version of the world, either with or without Anatomy Park inside him. Then ignoring that Summer cheated on him with Mad Max dude, and has been all manner of screwed up since the divorce, and has been huffing pottery glaze.

This series is becoming inconsistent in a Simpson's/Family Guy way. Whether you want to blame writers or squabbling between Harmon and Roiland, they can't keep a steady tone and use it to set up big jokes or emotional moments like the end of of the Unity episode. Being completely self aware and hanging a lampshade on restoring a status quo doesn't fix the baseline problems.

Damn, why do you gotta be so grumpy and edgy? I got that you're intelligent have a wicked sense of humor, but you don't need to be so nihilistic.

As for the SCREAMING part, I forgot. Simple as that. And Morty is still cares about his dad, but is quick to change his views and refuse to help his dad when Jerry asks for help.

>I kept expecting Morty to actually explain to Jerry what being soul bonded meant

Soul. Bond. What do these two words mean? What might they mean together? Do you really believe that a person of normal intelligence couldn’t guess that it’s a bad idea to do something called a ‘soulbond’ with someone you just meant?

>inb4 my point is disregarded b/c typo

That would depend greatly on what souls are in this setting and how they are bonded. Also whether this is something actually metaphysically binding or just a legal/cultural term for what we'd call dating, but taken more seriously than most people do in the first world.

>Soul. Bond. What do these two words mean? What might they mean together? Do you really believe that a person of normal intelligence couldn’t guess that it’s a bad idea to do something called a ‘soulbond’ with someone you just meant?
You mean like finding a Soul Mate or eating Soul Food or watching some Soul Train?

Cheating in a established relationship is far worse than a single man dating a new girl even if only to show off

Because being such an uncaring selfish hypocritical bitch is considered empowering now, for some reason.

Writing females to act like caricatures of males isn't progressive in slightest, yet those retarded new writers believe otherwise. You have to write females realistically, not like cowardly and girly or bitchy and uncaring.

Yeah, it would depend, wouldn’t it? Maybe aliens throw the word ‘soulbond’ around as casually as some humans throw around the word ‘soulmate’. Which is why someone who wasn’t a complete and utter fucking moron - someone who isn’t Jerry - would ask these questions themselves before agreeing to engage in a soulbond.

It's quite obvious he lied or exaggerated, user.

Because a woman wrote it?

Jerry kept making backhanded comments on how he was creeped out by her head shape, and he basically used her to get over Beth.

He led her on to think they were soul-bonded, but he didn't really care about her.

As for the cheating, Summer is basically a sociopath like Beth and Rick.

Because she didn't want to hunt so much.

/thread

For all the talk of moving on, neither Summer nor Morty actually wanted Beth or Jerry to do that.