Venomverse #5 Storytime

I don't understand what's so special about Carnage. Why can't they just turn him into a Poison? He's a Symbiote just like everyone else.

You think that's bad? Wait to see how the fucking thing actually ends

Looks like Eddie still hasn't gotten over his hateboner for Spider-Man.

>Mania survived
neat.

That's fucking it

not for long

>For the greater Good
Tau scum

yeah that was so not worth it, they missed a major opportunity to reveal that "what-if" spiderman/hybrid-venom(named poison) was the actual big bad. this definitely not worth a buy

I was hoping that Anti-Venom would be the big bad.

This was the most toyetic "event" I've ever read

better than spiderverse desu

>post yfw this event

>Alive!

feelsbadman.mp4

And yet ther aren't any toys actually being sold. Weird, huh?

give it time, hasbro loves an excuse to make toys

So what the fuck was even the point of anything in the end? This achieved absolutely nothing and I bet you both my testicles this will never get continued
Fuck you Marvel, this was a waste of resources and reader’s time

i remember getting hype for this event
and the only pre event issue i read was the gwenpool one

so can i get a quick rundown on what all this was about and what happened?

Remember how this would "Show why Eddie is the real Venom"?

Marvel neither.

So, new thread for Venom 155 storytime or we use this one?

This ending shit the bed badly. Wheres MJ? Old Man Venom? Strange? So that wasn't 616 Carnage? The whole event ended on an explosion?

So it was fucking nothing?

So thanos was the original venom in this world? I thought it was Strange, why would there be two venoms? He probably didn't meet them poisons in space, where did they get their venom symbiotes from?

evil symbiotes were killing venoms

> Alive!
Stop twisting the knife Bunn!!!

So, what's the next series about 1001 multiverse variants of one character? Punisher Platoon? Namor Nation? Iron Legion? Captain America Corps? The Professor X-Men? Fantastic Four Hundred? Magnetos of Multiple Earths? Sasquatch Squadron? Rogue State? Legion of Lukes? Handful o' Hulks? Doom Patrol?

RETURN OF THE WRENCH!!!!

Was Punisher Venom in this series at all?

>why would there be two venoms?
Maybe one's a clone, like Mania.

Iron Legion or Handful o' Hulks sound interesting

but its gonna be
gwenverse
they already have the covers

This book was garbage. I'll say it again: worse than Spider-Verse.

How the fuck does Bunn get work?

Thanks, OP. There was no reason for this story to exist, but at least it didn't feel like a big middle finger being shoved in my face like Spider-Verse did.

Wait that’s it? It’s over already? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not even memeing I’m laughing hard at this shit.

t. Slott

>evil symbiotes
They’re called the Poisons. THE POISONS!

HOUSE OF IDEAS. It really bothers me that no one here seems annoyed by this lazy fucking name. This is worse than “Klyntar”.

Bith of those ideas were done during secret wars

Nobody can be this stupid, right?

"Wow my daughter is suddenly appearing to me in a room swarming with our enemies, who also just so happen to be able to create illusions."
"Yeah, that's her alright."

So... who actually is purple mohawk? Because their staff looks kinda like the Staff Of One, but they have what appears to be either Monica Rambeau or Quasar's star on their chest.

those 4 enemies have been standing around for 4 pages already. hawkeye venom couldn't hit rocket in all this time?

Of course, it's over. They gotta make room for the NEXT Venom event starting soon. And it will rip the hearts out of those in this thread. Okay, really it'll be Sasuke ripping the symbiote out of Mania. But...

Well of course, she has to live long enough to for Sasuke to kill her and take her symbiote.

when will this carnage is a redneck meme die

Well they do get you via pretending to be somebody you love? Bunn is probably making carnage go full edge and forgetting that Carnage has a girlfriend.

>Only 12 symbiotes appear in this event.

What happened to Venom Doom from the Venomverse War Stories? He dominated Venom, teleported to look for other Venoms and that's it.

Presumably, he became the Poison Doom from this series.

Oh god, this faggot is back.

Gladiator of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Actually a pretty cool look.

Even poison Gamora has generic mass effect armor.

Ehhh. I liked this event as I treat most dumb B-Movies. It promised me venom action and it delivered, it's not terrible and it was put out on a weekly basis. 7/10 overall.

Can't keep a good edgelord down and out for long.

Gotta agree, it didn't really suprise me in anyway but I enjoyed it for what it's worth

So it's done, time to tally up how many characters were completely out of character.

Would've it been better if they bought an alternate version of Anti-Venom to fight these Poisons instead of Carnage?

An heroed in his own mini

Anti-Venom's name doesn't carry the same weight as Carnage.

Isn't Carnage's symbiote also his blood? Like ALL of his blood is replaced with symbiote. That might have something to do with it.

That's what I was expecting

Sounds like the perfect host? Wouldn't that leave the Poison with an infinite amount of nutrient?

I'm okay with this. Short and dumb, but not offensively so, characterization wasn't bad. Actually great for modern Marvel event standards.

>Sounds like the perfect host? Wouldn't that leave the Poison with an infinite amount of nutrient?
no?

All of them?

Lame as fuck.

I don't completely hate this due to how ridiculous it is, but at the same time the idea of Thanos ever using a venom symbiote seems really weird.

Also Rocket was a fucking annoying addition to this event. His design and personality was hardly any different and all he ever did was work on bombs and talk about making bombs while planning to set off bombs on the poisons. Easily the blandest of the bland.

>really it'll be Sasuke ripping the symbiote out of Mania.

Man, I should go get some Ranger training. They allow you to do anything. Makes you a straight up bad ass, who can mentally dominate aliens that attach themselves to your central nervous system and tear them right off of other hosts, even.

How fucking dense are you? He is Poison Doom.

This reveal doesn't make any sense and makes the entire premise of the story a fucking mess

Venomverse #1:
> Captain America states he was also brought here by magic
> Team is introduced as all being alternate-reality venoms brought here by Strange
> Strange brought them there to fight because they're all at risk anyway because the species is at risk
> That seems to imply that the Poisons are some kind of organized multidimensional threat
> There's also a soft implication that Strange is "The Venom" of this world, and because each venom was taken from a different world, it seems that symbiotes aren't super widespread either here or elsewhere

Venomverse #3:
> Strange captured and DoomPoison reveals that Strange has been feeding them symbiotes by bringing them here.
> Given the context of what we know from #1, it seemed at the time like this was a "since you can summon venoms directly you'd make this whole thing a breeze if we turned you"
> However,

Venomverse #5:
> We now learn that fucking everyone and their mom and thanos, in THIS dimension, were actually bonded with symbiotes.
??? what ???

This presents a problem:
If symbiotes were so widespread in this dimension, why did Strange have to outsource?
Maybe because everyone else was already turned? If that's the case, Strange would have realized this was an symbiote-extinction-level event for his universe. (But if everyone else was already turned, why did the poisons not dedicate their FULL resources toward turning this last, powerful, symbiote user?) Which makes what he did worse.

What indicated to Strange that the poisons threatened the entire symbiote species *already*? How did he justify revealing to the poisons that alt-universe venoms exist? (and he knew that'd be revealed, as the knowledge is gained when they're taken and he knows he's gonna lose a few soldiers from the get-go) He HAD to know ahead of time that the "correct" play for his species would be seppuku

fuck marvel editors

Maybe. But what the fuck happened inbetween? How do you go from a badass Doom that's taken complete control over a symbiote to a Poison husk?

>all that for fucking nothing

What a goddamn waste of time.

> m-...m-mother?

Costa was editorially mandated to bring Brock Venom back. Nothing is going to stop him from including his new husbando OC though.

>implying he would see anything other than another Doom

>editorially mandated
>by marvel

nice try buddy, everyone knows marvel editors don't exist. you can't scare me

And then kill him. Because there can be only one Doom.

Since he was introduced, they've said that the Carnage symbiote was different because it was born on Earth.

>"hey guys I have a premise for a story about venoms"
>>>"that's cool. do you have an ending for it?"
>"nah not yet. not even really a beginning either, just a general idea about lots of characters being venoms and idk maybe some kinda scarab looking antivenoms I drew this sketch of one and I really like it"
>>>"woah man thats sick. hell yeah, lets do it"
>"do you think I should come up with a story or beginning or ending??"
>>>"naw dude look kids just like cool shit in comicbooks and we don't have any editors to stop us I mean we work at marlel, lol. just do some cool shit its cool"
>"alright cool"

I wonder how the transformation fully looks like once they've latched on.

He showed up in today's Venom #155, foreshadowing

>Well... Nice job being an Idiot.
heh

The symbiotes seem to have different adaptations in different generations, and apparently these guys normally just are predatory instead of full on parasitic body infestations and had to learn how to pull off the Infestation as they are currently doing

the one with the white face and the purple costume, not the purple faced one.

perhaps it's because Spiderverse was so shit, but honestly this event wasn't bad.