Lets see what Costa can fuck up in this issue!

Lets see what Costa can fuck up in this issue!

Surprisingly, a lot.

I don't know what the deal with the genetic code thing is, but apparently Costa is unaware that ALL symbiotes have these abilities, whether they have been bonded to Peter Parker or not.

>Ryan Markinson
Too lazy to actually look up the name of someone who was actually a Hobgoblin?

Yup, this edgelord is back!

Genetic code was the old way.

I guess Ryan Markinson was the unnamed Hobgoblin that showed up in Bendis' Secret War.

No it wasn't. That has literally never been a thing in the comics until Costa came around. People assume that the Venom symbiote got its ability to mimic Spider-Man's powers directly from Spider-Man, but that was just made up in the 90s animated series (where Costa is getting literally all of his information from).

In the comics, ALL symbiotes have the ability to cling to walls, shape shift and generate webbing (the webbing is created from shape shifting their own mass and expelling said shapeshifted part... shape shifting being a natural ability of the symbiote race).

How the symbiote creates webbing was covered in Amazing Spider-Man #300.

>that Venom Inc foreshadowing

Spoiler: Lee is going to steal the Mania symbiote right off of Andi and become "Maniac".

Carnage never could produce webs. The genetic thing was mentioned before in comics.

>Carnage never could produce webs.
Except all the times he does, right?

>The genetic thing was mentioned before in comics.
Where?

Those red lines and vines aren't webs. That's the suit.

Have you read 90s comics?

Whatever happened to the Cellar?

>Allegedly
>I haven't had my day in court yet
I guess this means that Lee Price will somehow lawyer his way out of prison instead of breaking out.

BOOOO

>I guess this means that Lee Price will somehow lawyer his way out of prison instead of breaking out.
He's gotta stay "under the radar", like he was trying to do in the first few issues, right?

So I guess we are just forgetting that Venom: The Hunger was ever a thing?

Did Eddie just straight up forget that he can get phenethylamine in chocolate?

He grew his fingers back?

Must have learned to do that with his Ranger training.

petter parker route

uh

Yup, guess we are just ignoring The Hunger ever happened.

I really don't think this is how the News works. You can't just walk in with a fake name and no credentials into the office of a major news network and expect them to take you seriously.

>So I guess we are just forgetting that Venom: The Hunger was ever a thing?
Of course, how else will Costa be able to tell his stupid story, with his Donut Steel Sockskay The Convict without ignoring years of established continuity and lore?

New York? Most places in the USA are like that. Fuck showing a resume or having any credentials, just give 'em a fake name and you get an insta job, right?

Love the art.

I'm pretty sure there was a symbiote in War of Kings that couldn't do anything Spider-man could.

Yeah, Bagley is really at the top of his game on this issue. Its a shame the writing is so awful.

Likely because it doesn't have any knowledge of Spider-Man. The 90s Planet of the Symbiote's story shows that ALL symbiotes can cling to walls and shape shift and ASM #300 explains where the webbing comes from.

>I know, dear
>dear

Oh fuck off, Costa!

Possibly the worst writing I've had the misfortune of reading in years. He writes as if he's never heard people speak before.

Based. I like the inker.

Anyway marvel is abit loose canon these days.

Almost sounded like Imus Champion there.

Here are the primer pages.

Costa is also forgetting that the Venom symbiote was considered insane by its own race. It was the only one who was NOT aggressive and chose to bond, rather than dominate. The whole reason it was even on the Beyonder's Battleworld is because it was imprisoned and thought to be insane by others of its own race.

Will post the original origin after this.

Costa has his head so far up his own ass that he doesn't even need to shit.

Here we go with this genetic code garbage again.

Last page.

Here is the ORIGINAL Venom symbiote origin,

Bendis already overridden the old planet.

Genetic code was the old one for the suit.

>Genetic code was the old one for the suit.
Incorrect.

Regarding the webbing: The webbing is made of the symbiote's own mass, which it shape shifts into webbing. Its basically shitting on things.

Well, I attribute it towards him being better when not needing to draw many human faces. They look hideous, and not in a fitting way like the monster ones.

Genetic code is the old one. Pre war of symboites.

>my love
gaaaaaaay

>Genetic code is the old one. Pre war of symboites.

Can you actually supply a page that specifically says this?

Pic related is from Planet of the Symbiotes and shows symbiotes who have never been to Earth clinging to walls.

More symbiotes who have never been to Earth, clinging to walls.

Is Kraven still immortal?

>Except all the times he does, right?
I don't remember Carnage ever swinging on anything other than pure symbiote

Also the genetic thing user is referring is I think way back at the beginning where they offhandedly explain Venom's webbing and inability to be detected by spider sense comes from having being bonded to Pete and it "learning" from him

>I don't remember Carnage ever swinging on anything other than pure symbiote

And as shown here: and Venom is doing the exact same thing. Also, Venom doesn't always shapeshift itself into webbing, as shown in pic related.

This is bullshit. The symbiote didn't get its powers from Spider-Man.

that last panel is triggering my /fit/ autism.

Costa has never read a single Venom comic, or even a single comic with Venom in it, in his entire life, has he? The character assassination and complete disregard for any continuity whatsoever is borderline insulting.

Someone should tweet at him to read Venom The Hunger.

He probably has read it, but like Bendis, doesn't give a fuck and does what he wants.

>surprisingly

Nope. Kaine took that away from him.

I mean, to be fair, he's only referring to physical strength. Not everything else.

But whatever. Symbiote lore has long been riddled with inconsistencies. It's best to just choose your arguments wisely.

Even though it's just for this arc, I hate that this series managed to get Bagley while Scarlet Spider is now stuck with Sliney. Writing is the same old shit with Costa, the alleged symbiote master, completely ignoring past stories. Thanks for saving anyone from having to buy this, OP.

SASUKE !!

I remember him showing up in Hulk shortly after Kaine fought him and he was still immortal.

Bagley is shit.

Then why even hire the guy? Was Nick Lowe that impressed with his shitty pitch? It's not like Mike Costa has a huge history with Marvel. Hell the few books he worked on before this didn't even sell that well.

Probably not the best source, but I recall a What If story from the 80s that the Symbiote got the Hulk's power from bonding with Bruce Banner.
It was "What If the Alien Costume Had Possessed Spider-Man?" or something like that. Since that was before the cartoon, I guess that at some point the genetic code was a thing in the comics also.

He was probably more annoyed at Bunn probably showing up at his doorstep every day. "HEY! I got a new pitch for Mania. Can I use Mania? PLEASE PLEASE!"

Is that why is he letting Slott and Costa kill Mania (and have Lee Price be the one to do the killing/steal her Symbiotes)?

That's not how the story plays out. The Symbiotes can only utilize Hulk's strength while bonded to Hulk. It also bonded to a whole bunch of other characters in that story, like Thor. It didn't get any of their powers after bonding with them either.

More than likely yeah. He really wants to drive that dagger into Bunn's heart. Then Costa will ignore everything Bunn did with Mania like the symbiote being possessed by a demon and just use it as a normal symbiote. Because Costa...

Damn, I feel bad for Bunn.

It's stated in the story that the symbiote uses the powers of all it's previous hosts to overpower Thor and bond with him.

>become invisible
?

why is venom standing like that?

he specifically mentions that he never needed web cartridges
then he figures venom must running low

Klyntars

What Ifs don't even count, though. They are AU stories, effectively. Got a source from 616 stuff?

Because of shitty art.

Read the fucking comic, casual dipshit. Venom used a fuck ton of it's matter just moments before this to web Peter to the inside of a church bell.

Just when you think it can't get worse it does.

EVERY TIME YOU SEE AN ISSUE OF VENOM YOU SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT MIKE COSTA TOOK EXILES + SPIDER-MEN AND SOMEHOW MADE IT BORING

>Pretending this faggot isn't still a literal who

Nick Lowe is legitimately one of the worst editors Marvel's ever had. He was editor of the X-Men from the Utopia period on through to a few years back when he got moved to Spider-Man. Can't remember who edits the X-Men but they're also shit but Lowe was one of the first editors I noticed that does the whole "editors do nothing and let their writers do whatever they want" thing Marvel's become infamous for.

The symbiote copied Spider-Man's strength and wall crawling. This isn't a new concept.

Well there's nothing to indicate that he'll kill Andi. I don't think Marvel would be able to get away with fridging a teenage girl for the benefit of two male characters (Flash and Sasuke). Likely Sasuke will take the symbiote from her, probably keep her around as bait then in the shocking twist Andi will actually develop a thing for Sasuke, turn on Flash and run off as his sisterfu/cunny honey so Costa can have his cake and eat it too while also sticking it to the fans.

>The symbiote copied Spider-Man's strength and wall crawling.

No it didn't. See: and and and and Stop being such a casual.

>the scariest super villain without powers
also holy shit Bags draws him as the spitting image of robin shou

I 100% remember The Spectacular Carnage-Man swinging away on Web after stopping crime.

>That sign in the back.
I-Is she canon?