Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

CHOO CHOO! Let the Mike Suffering train start!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFsRKiKwxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why the hell is he so gloomy in the last pannel

he wanted to keep that dildo for himself

seriously though, he's looking at the gift Lucy gave Daisy earlier

That's Lucy's gift to Daisy. Remembering Lucy makes him gloomy

Recap: On Lucy's first day back to school she brought that gift to give to Daisy for her birthday that weekend.

She also said she wouldn't be coming because of having to deal with moving back to Roseville. Seems kind of odd to miss a friend's birthday instead of finding time to unpack elsewhere.

Plus in the last chapter Lucy agreed to go out to the carnival with Paulo despite that her room was filled with unpacked boxes.

On that date Lucy became very aggressive when she learned Paulo was considering not going to Daisy's party, forcing Paulo to agree to go.

The conjecture is she is deliberately staying away but wants all her friends to be present when the box is opened.

He recognized Lucy's present

>In long distance relationship
>Last time he saw Sandy in person she basically calles him a child
>Communication between them has been very lacking since
>Lucy finally came back and told him to fuck off after hating on his relationship
>Desperately tries to get Sandy to talk to him
>She still hasn't replied
>Now seeing love and affection between two people in person when he's in a rocky spot with his far away girlfriend

is this a flashback? why does everyone look so young now?

Not like it's a big deal but I find it kind of odd that Mrs. Fluff's hand is in the last panel. The point of the panel is Lucy's gift so I don't know why we have the hand withdrawing from placing Mike's gift on the table.

Oh Yeah the gift! I totally forgot about that. So more likely that.

Really makes you think.

I ignored these threads for two whole weeks, hook me on, what did I miss? Should I even care?

nothing. no.

Not a flashback. Looks like Taeshi wanted to emphasize the size differences between the adults and the high schoolers, but because of the art style it just makes them look like pre-schoolers.

No

I would have preffered him to be upset over a dildo. Is there not ONE CHARACTER in the main cast thats redeemable?

No.

David
>inb4 not the main cast

>Lucy said she wouldn't be coming because of having to deal with moving back to Roseville. Seems kind of odd to miss a friend's birthday instead of finding time to unpack elsewhere.

>Plus in the last chapter Lucy agreed to go out to the carnival with Paulo despite that her room was filled with unpacked boxes.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a lazily yet hurriedly cobbled together bullshit excuse of a return?

Why the hell did she need her rooms entire content just for a supposed boarding school?

Why the fuck did she 180' and suddenly loathe the orange sodomy apprentice?

And why the everlasting hell is she deliberately avoiding it at all cost despite their visible concern yet positive surprise that she returned without even confirming that graycuck is attending?

Sweet fictional deities laughing at us from above, everything since she left has been a incoherent mess like the author really IDGAF anymore and it is only getting worse.

>Recap
Thanks, I completely forgot we had seven fucking years of filler

This is going to end with lucy shooting the kids at school, right?
Theme for when this happens
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFsRKiKwxY

I hate how much of a mega-asshole Lucy is, trying to act like a martyr while not really giving a shit how anyone else feels. Her magically improving over the Paulo Show would have been shit, but regression like this is fucking awful--unless, of course, Taeshi plans for Lucy to get her shit kicked in as a result.

It's funny because david would be the worst if the other characters weren't all so awful. In any other competent comic the lolsorandumb character would be the worst. Tea works fucking miracles of disaster it seems

>"Shit gotta draw some actual adults now"
>"Hmm, should I make the adults bigger to signify that they are older and fully mature? NAAAH, gotta make the main cast even more smol, the alternative requires effort"

>Why the hell did she need her rooms entire content just for a supposed boarding school?
It makes no sense for her time way to just be for a boarding school. Why go to some other school for less than a year, even it were to run through the summer? Lucy has always been portrayed as academically strong. She didn't need emergency remediation lest she fail to get into college.

The tense conversation between Lucy's mom and brothers (especially combined with the paywall comic "Dinner Time") hints that they may have been considering some drastic action to help Lucy's mental health. We already know that she tried to kill herself because she thought she would be permanently separated from her friends.

Still waiting for that other show to drop.

Alec

ded

Shit it's been so long since Lucy gave Daisy that gift, how are we supposed to remember that

so what's lucy's gift gonna be

It happened three chapters ago, not that much time when reading them one after another

>Why the fuck did she 180' and suddenly loathe the orange sodomy apprentice?
The execution was garbage but it makes sense for her attitude towards Paulo to change. If you review their past with an eye for Lucy's perspective, she only ever paid much attention to him to use him as a substitute for Mike. She's never really wanted him but her behavior has given him the opposite idea.

It's not outlandish to suggest she's reflected on her actions and decided she needed to be clear to Paulo about her lack of interest in him. The problem with the chapter was that it played out as Lucy scolding Paulo when he hadn't been foolish at all. It minimized his shock and sadness to less than a page and then tried to make Lucy look wise and benevolent for treating a year's worth of pining and sacrifices (his chances with Jasmine and Rachel) like a minor disappointment.

That chapter could have been a legit dramatic bombshell; instead it was one of the worst chapters yet.

>And why the everlasting hell is she deliberately avoiding it at all cost despite their visible concern yet positive surprise that she returned without even confirming that graycuck is attending?
She may have decided that she unworthy as a friend and she has a point; she's never seemed to care much about anyone except Mike (and Augustus, for saving her life). Giving that gift to Daisy was the nicest thing she'd ever done for her in eight years of supposed friendship as far as I can tell.

Does it even matter?
The red thread between characters actions and the plot has been gone ever since the ending of that play

You know you've screwed the pooch if the WAFFLES XD character is overall the least worst one

The problem was that it was like six months ago. The realtime scheduling is abysmal. Three months of filler did nothing but damage unless they really did rework some things for the better behind the scenes.

>Am I the only one who thinks this is a lazily yet hurriedly cobbled together bullshit excuse of a return?
No we all feel that way.

>Why the hell did she need her rooms entire content just for a supposed boarding school?
She didn't. That's why I had a theory before about how the family was planning on moving but moved Lucy first after her suicide attempt and for some unknown reason she had to come back. However, that's probably far from the truth and having all her stuff gone is just bad writing and added for dramatic effect when she left.

>Why the fuck did she 180' and suddenly loathe the orange sodomy apprentice?
>And why the everlasting hell is she deliberately avoiding it at all cost despite their visible concern yet positive surprise that she returned without even confirming that graycuck is attending?
I still think the family is going to move and it's easier for Lucy to let go if everyone hates her.

How long until we get to the actual finale?

Lucy can do no wrong.

it's supposed to end at the end of their junior year/junior prom, and they're at the start of their junior year right?

>That's why I had a theory before about how the family was planning on moving but moved Lucy first after her suicide attempt and for some unknown reason she had to come back.
Why would they have to move when the breadwinner already works away from home? And not in any one location so it's not like they're finally moving to join him.

If the whole family was moving why would Lucy's mom be worried that whatever action she was considering re:Lucy would be taken as abandonment?

A chemical bomb

they were gonna move and THEN ship lucy off somewhere else entirely

I got you a thing user.

what the fuck is going on
i thought mike was going out with sandy

That's fairly convoluted and I don't buy it!

daisy's just leading him to the table

I honestly forgot people do that

I guess most of that could work even if previous pages before she fucked off wasn't so contradictory, but it still ended up retarded and felt like a quick last minute change because reasons.

That's redundant and dumb.

Great.

One of the bigger problems is that she waits hours to address Paulo about this important matter between them. It makes it seems like she doesn't care about him at all.

If it were just contextualized as her struggling to build up the courage to tell Paulo something she knew would hurt him, it would work.

Even the cuddling had be fixed without much effort. Once she pushes Paulo away to get out of a cuddle. This could just like, like always, she's accepting affection without truly returning it and she's struggling to force herself to stop doing that.

That chapter could have been a showcase for how Lucy has changed. Instead it make her more of a turbocunt than ever.

> guess most of that could work even if previous pages before she fucked off wasn't so contradictory
I think it still works mostly because it's been established in "Another Shoulder" and "Carry Me" that Paulo can be Mr. Perfect and do everything right and Lucy still turns into a hot mess as soon as Mike even glances at her. Paulo was always just an emotional crutch for her.

I still think the Carnival chapter's execution was garbage. Like another user said, it had potential to be a dramatic bombshell but it just made Lucy look like even more of an unsympathetic dick.
I really hope it's intentionally making Lucy miss the point and have it come back to bite her later.

>I really hope it's intentionally making Lucy miss the point and have it come back to bite her later.
But then why did Taeshi have Paulo act like a toddler?

I think it was an attempt to deflect the dramatic implications.

Allow me to explain my theory a bit more. Do keep in mind that I haven't read the pay wall comic (I think it's called "Dinner Time") and I'm not sure where it falls in the timeline or if it's even cannon. Anyway in "Breaking Up", we find out that Lucy will no longer be attending the school. Her friends go to find out why and when Paulo climbs up to take a look he finds the room totally empty. Now, we know that Lucy had some sort of agreement with her family to leave to a neq school because in the flashback after the play. But why would you pack up everything including furniture if you're going to a boarding school? The answer is you wouldn't. You'd take everything with you if you were moving with no intention of coming back.

But why would only Lucy move? I don't that she was supposed to be the only one to leave. I feel like the whole family was planning on moving but due to Lucy's obvious depression they wanted to get her out of her situation as quickly as possible. This is why I think it was agreed that she'd leave first - maybe with a family member in another town - until everything could be worked out for the family to move thus why Mama Lucy was afraid Lucy would feel abandoned. She'd be leaving alone at first.

A BOMB?!

desu I think the empty room was just Taeshi's way of showing Lucy left.

>But then why did Taeshi have Paulo act like a toddler?

Because they all act like toddlers.
I'm not kidding, go ahead and prove the believability of their behavior hasn't degraded around the point Lucy first went away.

We don't know if the school with the sexy uniform was a boarding school, and again there's no reason for her to go to some other school for less than a year.

If she had to go to some retreat for loonies for a while taking her personal possessions makes sense. It could be a place where she'd have a room but need to bring her own furnishing. Going to that other school was just an incidental piece of the picture.

This is conjecture but I think it makes more sense than yours.

Mike is suffering.
All is right with the world.

I feel the bomb

There's being so vague it goes unnoticed and then there's needlessly exaggerating so much it ends up being interpreted as something else.

It makes sense that people try to think what it means but there are so many contradictions in every theory that to me it's just a mistake from Taeshi, for dramatic purposes

Is Lucy pure?

wasn't like EVERYTHING gone? why would she need to bring her own furniture to a boarding school?

>I haven't read the pay wall comic (I think it's called "Dinner Time")
Let's fix that; it's legit good. Really gives context to Lucy's derangement.

Forgot pic.

Now that leaves us with the question: Well why is Lucy back and why is she being a super cunt?

Well, hospital bills can be expensive especially if they are unexpected. Chances are Lucy's suicide attempt has financially set the family back and may have delayed the move thus why she had to come back.

I think that's why she is being a bitch. I think the family will still move and Lucy is trying to cut ties.

yes
I was hoping Paulo would have busted that hymen though

>why is she being a super cunt?
Because people love her even though she is like that. Why would she change?

Wow, Mike's snapping his neck in panels 3 and 4. I thought he had turned around, but based on the arm he's using to hold Daisy's hand, he's just turning his head around 135°.

End

>Well, hospital bills can be expensive especially if they are unexpected. Chances are Lucy's suicide attempt has financially set the family back and may have delayed the move thus why she had to come back.
Everyone in this comic except Paulo and Augustus are rich.

Yeah, that's my point.

Hence why that's clearly the inevitable downfall and quality drop

BCI user here. Apparently I'm still missing two comics (April Comic and Drinking Games). I doubt any of you actually paid money for BCI, but on the off chance any of you did...

Also, request some comics, and thanks to whoever posted Dinner Time for me.

I see that once the cobwebs from three months of filler have shaken off we've gone right back to discussing how godawful the previous chapter was.

Anyone know if the book-only chapters are online anywhere?

I've seen the aquarium chapter from book 1, the elementary school flashback, and the Critical Hit epilogue floating around.

There's been posted zipped PDF's of the ebook version.
But everyone's 'favorite' piece of carrying device DMCA's them so fast as if he uses all his time monitoring instead of doing anything actually useful.

Real OTP passing by

The bird pet thing and the other poorly drawn pet thing never did much wrong

They were born.

Well, this comic still makes me want to die and my zip is banned from making threads. So i will do the daily Whomp thread here

A knocking at the front door echoes through the darkened house. A rotund man answers. The mysterious visitor says, "I am here to end your life, and begin it anew as my own." He brandishes a bladed weapon. The fat man grins, displays his own knife, expecting this turn of events. "So we are to fight," states the visitor. The fat man then hands him the knife and says, "No. We are to hasten the process."

Where's the joke, suit?

Phone poster so I apologize for getting back late.

You're right. We don't know if she really went to a boarding school. Honestly she could have gotten that outfit from anywhere. For all we know she could have been home schooled at a mental hospital but I don't know many rehab places that don't have a bed.

Exactly which is why I thought there was more but chances are...

Are probably right and it's honestly just bad writing and quality. The empty room is just shock factor or trying to be overly dramatic.

Thank you for the story time, user! Isn't there a chapter or a page about the family talking about what to so about Lucy and she walks in pn them in a pay wall comic? Do you have that?

I don't know, blame Steve

that isnt Polo x orange tranny

>Thank you for the story time, user! Isn't there a chapter or a page about the family talking about what to so about Lucy and she walks in pn them in a pay wall comic? Do you have that?
Those are normal pages in ch.73

They don't make nearly as much sense without "Dinner Time", though. Blame bad management.

>mfw I remember when Taeshi was so desperate for attention she unironically shipped Lucy with a fan's Mary Sue

Ah you're right! Thanks. It's a bit difficult trying to keep up with it all.

Steve may like death, but death will not save him from what he got himself into

And now she clings to attention with yaoishit and general gay pleasing, with the chibishit being the cherry on the shit sundae

We can't let her think she can get away with shitty writing by taking a 3 month scribble break.

She got away with it for few years now.

Wasn't the beginning of blurry and pale watercolor plus proto-weebification enough of a hint that things were going intentionally awry?

Take a look at the fucking comic you're reading my dude.

if i remember lucy dad is also a NASCAR driver and if ricky bobby showed me anything is that Nascar drivers can make alot

Any prolific driver in any of the racing leagues that's popular enough to be televised on a national level or better earns big dosh.