When was the moment you realized that FOP was going to shit?

When was the moment you realized that FOP was going to shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-9u-wAmCEF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Around when Poof was born. At first, I didn't notice because I was too excited to get new episodes of the show again. But soon I started to notice a difference. I was laughing less as the jokes got more obnoxious and unfunny. I noticed how the plots started to get more ridiculous (Wishology was okay, but it seemed way to overcomplicated for this type of show). I noticed that characters either got flanderized or used less. Crocker and Cosmo were overused to the point where there gimmicks and voices really started to get draining. I ended up dropping the show around I think season 7.

>When was the moment you realized that FOP was going to shit?
When Timmy Turner gets fairies but not children in third world countries.

When I stopped watching fucking years ago. Seriously even before Poof. Didn’t just keep meminnor anything.

I wasn't around.

Honestly, I lost interest when the show changed its dub cast in my country. Sometime around season 3. The drop in quality in the voice acting department was off-putting.

Im pretty sure third worlders are still loved by their parents for the large part.

When they changed the voice for Cosmo.

After channel chasers

>not when was the moment you realized that FOP was going to flop
What a waste of a perfectly decent thread, OP.

I miss charismatic game show host Cosmo

When they started recycling the same unfunny jokes multiple times in the same episode.

It's A Wishful Life

When Cosmo and Wanda popped out of Timmy's magic 8-ball.

When I realized that Poof's born wouldn't be the final episode

This around the same time the fairy cast git really overused.

When Butch Hartman accidentally chose his pink marker over blue.

>Wishology was okay, but it seemed way to overcomplicated for this type of show)

Well I guess I understand. because of all the lore about the chosen one. could make it seem like that. Also there was some confusion on Timmy not being the actual chosen one.

New Cosmo Sounds gay as fuck

Actually his blue marker ran out of ink.

When moments like these stopped occuring.

About halfway through the intro of the first episode.

The first episode.

FOP was never actually good.

>Timmy does a lot of stuff for other people
>Nobody appreciates what Timmy does because reasons:
> "the clouds are way too puffy",
> "this computer you gave me has become obsolete 4 seconds ago"
> "you cleaned the garden in the same day we entered to this specific and unusual contest"
> "the fish bowl that you cleaned yesterday is dirty right now"
>Timmy wishes he had never been born to see if everyone is miserable without him.
>Jorgen shows him that everyone is happier.
>After a lot of endorsement to make Timmy's reality abortion official and a trick with gas Timmy passes this "test".
> Timmy learns that if he does stuff for somebody else it's because is the right thing to do.

kek.

This. And those Jimmy Neutron crossovers. First was a cool concept. The later ones were when I knew it HD been enough.

After the first season.

Man, I've been gone a long time, sometime after Poof. I didn't know about that fairy dog 'til I lurked a thread long after his intro. And I dunno the first thing about that girl in OP pic.

After Chloe

Honestly the show while having some solid episodes....was always kind of Miss. Anyone else? By the end of Season 2 or the middle of Season 3 I no longer cared for it.

There wasn't any one moment, but several major things over the years made the show become less watchable to my eyes until it reached the point where I didn't care for it at all.

>Several of the season 5 movies were kind of bad, or at the least, significantly worse than Channel Chasers or Abra-Catastrophe. These being Fairy Idol or the last two Jimmy crossovers for the most part.
>Everything about season 6 felt like a jarring change to the show, not just Poof. Crocker became far more present than he already was. Timmy became more selfish. Cosmo and Wanda didn't really give a shit anymore and at times seemed more abusive toward Timmy than his parents were. Vicky had a far more reduced role on the show and became over the top as a villain. It felt like they were trying to build up Timmy/Trixie at the expense of the prior season making Timmy warm to Tootie, especially in Wishology, but failed to make Trixie likable except among waifuspaniards who already obsessed over her, and as mentioned earlier, the movies (Fairly Oddlympics, Wishology, the Christmas one) were big downgrades from AC/CC
>Season 7 wasn't actually too bad, but still had season 6's problems in spades, and toward the end the show was having a problem where there were too many new characters stealing spotlight from the old ones
>Sparky was probably one of the worst Poochie type characters ever conceived and he didn't even die with the dignity of a "back to his homeplanet" note.
>Chloe stole the focus of Timmy and none of the episodes involving her were really interesting outside of that age progression one
>the biggest problem by far was that characters like Crocker and Timmy's Dad literally stole the show. Even if the episod was supposed to be about someone like Vicky or the late great Catman you could bet that those two faggots were going to be inserted into the episode somehow in an obnoxious B-plot.
That's all I can think of for now and I'm running out of space.

>tfw don't even remember what it sounded like
>pretty sure they haven't even shown the episode where Timmy clones himself in years

Suave Cosmo is best Cosmo.

>waifuspaniards

When they slightly edited the theme song to have poof in it and it said "schoolbus" on the bus

After Whishology. It was okay, but the season before it was weak and season 7 wasn't good enough to keep me interested.

It's better than ever. A larger core cast is exactly what it needed.

After Danny Phantom ended on that lame ass note.

Chloe's design stands out like a sore thumb. Has anyone tried fixing her?

When I realized we'd never see poof grow up into a cute fairy twink.

What was wrong with the Jimmy crossovers, don't remember them very well.

Sparky.

Poof
Canonical mpreg

can I get an example?

Poof. I mean, some of the episodes from Seasons 6-8 aren't that bad but they're not as good as Seasons 1-5(and the early shorts) and there was a noticeable decline in quality.

The absolute final straw was the damned dog. And Chloe's season was just garbage, especially once they switched to flash.

Did they even air all the episodes?
It feels like they made all of FOUR and then just fucking up and vanished forever.

a little before poof when wanda and cosmo got unbearable

IIRC after a few episodes they shoved FOP off to one of their lesser channels(Nicktoons?)

The second part is what really fucks it up and is a sign of the show just becoming too off the wall zany. Poof itself wasn't a bad idea, he really didn't do much as a character to fuck up the flow of the show like Dil or similar characters, but the overall nature of the show itself changed and become less about heartwarming moments blended with comedy and more about non-stop characters shitting on each other or just generally being too absurd. There were warning signs of this in season 4 and 5 but not nearly as bad, Cosmo becoming mpreg is probably the biggest marker of when things started becoming too unbearable.

When they started putting out one hour specials every few months and one of them was an American Idol parody. I groaned when I saw commercials for that one and just said "really?"

I saw Wishology when it first aired and that fucking sucked.

I saw the live action movie when it first aired and that fucking sucked.

I watched the first episode with Chloe when it first aired and thought it was okay and the rest of that season was decent up until the switch to flash animation. It felt like a return to what the first couple seasons were and not some dumb world ending shit every episode.

The dog

When the baby was added
Then when the dog was added I knew the show was dead. Then when Chloe was added I knew they were beating a dead hors- I mean "reviving" the show.

Wishology is where they officially shit the bed.
>supposed to be an epic three hour movie
>shit the bed with a plot that made no sense in the context of things (there suddenly being a fairy council, some ancient war involving them fighting DA ANCIENT EVIL which was really just a misunderstood Walmart smiley face)
>guest stars who were only there because they were desperate for money such as KISS who will do anything or Brendan JUST Frazier
>JUSTman's character was a really stupid one-off that made no sense other than to try and create some halfassed tension that Timmy might not be the chosen one even though everyone knew he was
>really forced movie parodies like the Matrix, Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc, that tried to capture the spirit of Abra-Catastrophe and failed spectacularly
>sacrifice scene that was ruined by force Timmy and Trixie shipping (if you are going to go that route, at least should've use Tootie, we could actually believe she'd have been that heartbroken to see Timmy's heroic sacrifice) and also Vicky gaining respect for Timmy that is immediately retconned in the third part of the movie
>all of the side characters team up to fight on Timmy's side and are given bad ass gear only to immediately job to the robot villain
>bad CGI all over the place
>was supposed to be a finale but they still status quo'd everything (not that big a deal since it was so terrible and resolved nothing)
It really could've been great, the show's swan song, but instead they showed how much Hartman and his crew had fallen since the days of Channel Chasers, the true finale. Sad! BAD! Many such cases! Jeb just can't get it right!

When I realized how much Hartman relies on the parody/ripoff type of humor where the whole joke is take something from pop culture and change the name to something similar but ultimately much worse to poor comedic effect

#MakeNickGreatAgain

When Cosmo got pregnant.

Nigga what

The entire episode was a trainwreck, Timmy did nothing wrong and was just being nice to people (which is arguably out of character for him, like everybody else was acting), the lesson didn't fit the episode because Timmy didn't deserved to learn it in the first place, and don't get me started on the absolute trauma that would result from someone learning that his entire existence means all his loved ones suffering

hi enter

when i stopped watching it

Which Chin was the best Chin?

Everyone says Poof but Foop was so fucking bad and he became a overall villian.

Not ti mention everyone just becoming assholes for no reasons.

He was a smooth mofo
youtu.be/-9u-wAmCEF4

When did it change. I think he had a simliar voice in the first season.

it was a gradual change over seasons 2+

it got a little higher each season

The pilot

Now it's completely unbearable. I don't know how his VA can do that voice without wanting to kill himself

Wishology part 2 specifically.
Nega Chin. I loved the episode where all the kids became super heroes or bad guys.

>Not ti mention everyone just becoming assholes for no reasons.
Isnt't that called flanderization?

Third world children are getting sold for a bowl of rice by their parents

Only if it's a present character trait that has been exaggerated.

When they decided to stop getting creative with episodes and instead keep recycling the same old shit with Timmy's Dad and Crocker, as well as making stale pop culture references.
Also.
>ywn get crushed to death during snu-snu by hyperthicc Vicky

>timmy is a little prick
>transatlantic accent cosmo

What if the reason he still has his fairies is because A Wishful Life made him chronically depressed and unhappy on the inside and did indeed traumatize him? I'd like to believe after the episode behind the scenes, Jorgan got chewed out by the fairy court as well.

>>sacrifice scene that was ruined by force Timmy and Trixie shipping (if you are going to go that route, at least should've use Tootie, we could actually believe she'd have been that heartbroken to see Timmy's heroic sacrifice) and also Vicky gaining respect for Timmy that is immediately retconned in the third part of the movie
#butthurt you're the same guy arentcha

>Around when Poof was born
This, they shouldn't have revived the show

>and don't get me started on the absolute trauma that would result from someone learning that his entire existence means all his loved ones suffering

Wasn't that whole thing just a lie Jorgen made up to test Timmy? I thought that was the whole point of the episode.

They started getting burned alive as witches, so they don't do that anymore.

Everyone hates that pairing dude.
Trixie treats Timmy like dirt and never stood up for him. She's weak.
In that movie especially, the driving force behind her suddenly liking Timmy was that she knew he could wish her up anything she wanted.
Trixie like most of the side cast including Chester and AJ did nothing and got dispatched by the villain with risible ease. Even Vicky did more to help.
The whole Wishology trilogy was shit and you're a brainlet if you enjoyed it.

>I wish my country wasn't a third world country
Bam, itsmagic.jpg

It's a YMMV thing exactly where the show went downhill, but most agree the decline started either after Channel Chasers or after Poof.

How tolerable Seasons 6-8 are depends on the person. I personally found Wishology, the Secret Wish, and several other eps quite good, though the problems mentioned (Crocker and Timmy's Dad eclipsing other side characters, Jorgen and Cosmo becoming total idiots) were visible.

Anything after Season 8 is worthless trash. Including the live-action movies.

>but most agree the decline started either after Channel Chasers
I don't get people who say this, the rest of Season 4 and Season 5 have plenty of good episodes.

Season 5 is when Kevin Sullivan started writing episodes, no surprise a lot of people point to that as when the slump really began.

The thing is different characters started becoming shitty at different points in the series.

>Cosmo and Wanda
Cosmo became a complete retard and Wanda a nag by season 4.
>Timmy
Was always something of a selfish kid but it really got out of hand in season 5, to the point where they had to address it in Fairy Idol
>Vicky
Became an over the top, world conquering villain whose own parents feared and hated her around season 4, specifically during and after Channel Chasers.
>Jorgen
Went from an intimidating hander out of punishment to a completely retarded joke who lets rules get broken in his face around season 7.
>Crocker
Became an over the top villain after his origin movie and Abra Catastrophe, took over the show entirely after season 6.
>Trixie
Became a slut and a bitch after season 2.
>Francis
Lost relevance and disappeared around season 5.
>Tootie
Became uncharacteristically violent in season 7 then disappeared completely afterward.
>Chester and AJ
Became total assholes to Timmy around season 4.
>Timmy's parents
Were never meant to be likable characters to begin with, but Timmy's dad started getting shit tons of episodes focused mainly on him in season 7. Timmy's mom had a few but mostly disappeared from the show or was regulated to the background.
>Crimson Chin
Stopped being a thing after season 6 Goldenlocks episode, sparing mentions and cameos aside.
>Catman
Voice actor changed from Adam West in season 9 and completely fucked up the point of the character.

There are tons of other characters I'm probably missing or are irrelevant (Sanjay and boil kid), but the point is that in a heavily character driven show like this, having so many of characters you like disappear or become flanderized ruins the joy of watching the show. So its hard to pin it on any one season, but 4-5 are when the most characters went to shit.

>Timmy
>Was always something of a selfish kid but it really got out of hand in season 5, to the point where they had to address it in Fairy Idol
I don't think it was really all that out of hand, Season 5 had a good amount of episodes where Timmy did nothing but help others

Hell, Fairy Idol wasn't even about him being overly selfish(though he was being a little bit), it was about a clone created by Norm doing it.

>Vicky
>Became an over the top, world conquering villain whose own parents feared and hated her around season 4, specifically during and after Channel Chasers.
Vicky's always been pretty close to over-the-top though. And I mean, you act like it was a bad thing but yet people love Channel Chasers to death

>Francis
>Lost relevance and disappeared around season 5.
He appeared in multiple episodes of Season 5(unless you meant after S5, in which case that's true)

>Chester and AJ
>Became total assholes to Timmy around season 4.
What do you mean? I don't remember this at all, I remember them pretty much staying Timmy's friends up to the end of Season 5. Maybe there were a couple times scattered throughout where they were but it wasn't something that became the norm

>, but the point is that in a heavily character driven show like this, having so many of characters you like disappear or become flanderized ruins the joy of watching the show.
But my point is that shit didn't really start until Season 6.

>So its hard to pin it on any one season, but 4-5 are when the most characters went to shit.
it's not really though, not everything you said is exactly the case and it seems morel like dumb generalizations than anything concrete. Not to mention more of your examples are from pre or post Seasons 4-5 than are from seasons 4-5

If anything where it went to shit is Season 6+, which is where a lot of the recurring characters were dropped and a few of them were given larger roles to fill up the void

Still fucked up in a way that would utterly obliterate someone's self-esteem.

That's definitely a pretty big improvement

go back to /mbg/ tributeposter, they need your gentle reminder

wow i did not expect that

Season 5 honestly, the show just got old and needed some new life or it'd get completely stale

But to be honest I actually really liked Chloe, and even that specific episode in your screenshot

not him, but for me, all the flaws of the show culminated in seasons 4/5, even if there's shades of it both before and after

I don't see how, Season 5 was just as enjoyable as the previous seasons and the flaws were no more apparent.

When I noticed the episodes would write one joke, and then use that same joke repeatedly throughout the episode as a running gag. It'd often be something stupid that Cosmo said, which would come up repeatedly. South Park and Archer do the same thing, but I hated it in FoP a lot more than I did in those two other shows.

One season after the second movie.
That shit was like 10 years ago at least

Oh, it definitely has some good episodes. But then again, pretty much every season does, at least to me.

This pic looks fantastic

Man, classic shows in HD look a lot better than modern cartoons in HD. I miss thick outlines

Yeah, I agree.

I just don't understand why, outside of Post-Poof, Season 5 always get so much shit when I don't really see any more flaws than the previous seasons. And some of the stuff(like this recurring complaint about Timmy being "selfish" and stuff more-so that before I just don't get at all.

>wanda is just dopey as cosmo

I think that with any long running series, things have gone on so long that different sets of fans are looking for different things, and will just not agree.

I personally think original Poof season is one of the best but I know others will vehemently disagree with that.

Even worse with FoP, that has had so many changes and characters in focus and overall tones and the like, nobody will agree. Loads of people hated S10 yet it still got higher ratings than most cartoons on air at the time. I think Season 9 was shit but it got even higher ratings.

The fanbase is just broken beyond repair, which is a shame. I enjoy talking about the show.

Wow fuck I can't believe they butchered cosmo like that he was suave as fuck and wasn't a fucking retard.

Why do all the male characters have to be fucking stupid or crazy, it's like they don't want to be original.