Warning! Incoming Game

Is the reason we haven't seen a Reboot "reboot" because today's games are all casual mobile apps and competitive online games that don't have a game-over screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot:_The_Guardian_Code
youtube.com/watch?v=0SAfoVUJCTQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow_Unlimited_Media
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So you haven't heard about the new Reboot series then. Lucky you.

RUN OP RUN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Maybe it's also because how computers work is way more common knowledge these days and everything in Reboot would need a Reboot taking the fun away from it to prevent people from asking too many questions.

>new
Only for the last 5 years.

TOO LATE! Fate has chosen this moment to challenge our mastery of ruining childhood nostalgia.

BEHOLD! ReBoot: The Guardian Code

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot:_The_Guardian_Code

youtube.com/watch?v=0SAfoVUJCTQ

It is essentially a Code Lyoko ripoff with live action teen heroes.

>we will never see Sexadecimal animated in high quality modern CGI
>if ReBoot was a modern day cartoon Hex probably wouldn't be sexy any more
Hmm. Maybe it's for the best.

I think the real answer is that pioneers in their field are often eclipsed and outdone by newcomers quite quickly. Mainframe were the OG computer animation studio and that made them hot shit back in the ReBoot/Beast Wars era. But then everybody started doing it (and innovating faster than them) and they were no longer special, and have been stuck doing Barbie and Bob the Builder for the last few years. Which are certainly unexceptional. Their name doesn't really carry any weight any more so it would be tough for them to get a new property off the ground.

Hence saving money by doing a mixed live action show, which I think is destined to fail hard. Everyone who had nostalgia for the old show is turned off by it and I can't see kids being interested either.

This was from 10 years ago.
>it's never going to happen.

Ability to use facebook app does not count, your average ficknut is in no way knowledgeable about how computers work.

>how computers work is way more common knowledge these days
Is it fuck. More normalfags might use computers (although these days more use tablets and smartphones than actual PCs) but most of them are still clueless about how hardware and software actually work. All they know is how to use a web browser and install and open programs.

Oh no! The user just bought an energy pack from the App store. Quick! Harvest that wheat while I distract them.

Glitch! Popup video ad, now.

Found the new writer. Now who's going to animate? Anyone decent with 3ds max?

Actually yes. But I'd rather just do this >Sexadecimal animated in high quality modern CGI

>Code Lyoko rip off
go a level deeper, they're reskinning and old show they did in the 90's called Zixx. Rainmaker studios was even part of production on it.

>Zixx
I was going bring that up, but I couldn't remember the name. I saw maybe 2 episodes of it.

Sadly, nothing of value will be lost.

Didn't they also end up getting the Atari treatment where their literally just a name now with some IP's attached.

>It's a minecraft episode.

Yeah, they were basically bought up by some investment fund once their glory years were over, who them proceeded to sell off half their business to other people and just kept the animation arm around to churn out safe, predictably profitable stuff like Barbie and shitty sequels to other studios' CGI movies.

Oddly enough they also bought Frederator last year, and have just recently acquired a Canadian broadcast channel, suggesting they want to get into original programming. Probably this ReBoot reboot is part of that strategy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow_Unlimited_Media

>Megabyte tries to embed himself in a popular app to gain control of every smartphone
>Bob gets trapped in Farmville because the game never fucking ends

We are ruled by a callous and unloving god.