Who's smarter?

Rick probably.

Rick by far. (muh mary sue)

Lets ask another one sided question, whos the better character?

One can travel between universes. The other created his own, and also made several time machines. Rick is just more motivated.

It's real easy to be smart if you're a character that's written to be able to macguyver literally anything out of thin air using bullshit fantasy science.

Rick also created a universe.

>Rick is just more motivated.
isn't prof farnswoth 160 years old?

That's true. I forgot about tinyverse for some reason.

Rick, unless this Farnsworth can make a fing-longer

Who invented the finglonger again?

This. He's pretty obviously suffering from pretty serious senility; who's to say how smart he was in his prime. Who's to say how badly age will eventually fuck over Rick, for that matter.

I'd say they're both equally smart.
The real question is: Which one considers their affiliates more expendable?

He invented robots fully capable of represent emotions, also a robot with HOPE files.
Prof farnsworth created DIGITAL HOPE.

I thought it was revealed that he decided not to create the Finglonger?

God, Farnsworth by far.
At least R&M tries to shoehorn a few hawkish emotional scenes between Rick and the Smiths.

He probably invented it later. Too good to pass up on

As with all modern shows, the women are the only characters allowed to be competent.

Farnsworth made nanobots that evolved into beings of pure energy in like three days

Farnsworth also made the free will chip. Digitized hope and free will is pretty impressive.

It's hard to say, Rick initially seems smarter, but at the same time the Professor actually has figured out time travel. It could go either way. I'd say they're about equal.

As to who would win in a fight, the Professor would blow them both up, resulting in a stalemate.

have you seen either show lol

>he decided not to create the Finglonger?
I thought the idea was that someone else invented it, and he wanted to see what it would've been like if he had made it himself.

I wonder if Rick can beat that darn hedgehog.

Sonic and friends would win

So, not solo? I see.

Sonic can solo Eggman for the most part, but sometimes he does require help.

Farnsworth makes bombs capable of destroying whole star clusters, Rick only makes bombs that can destroy the surface of a planet. Farnsworth also created substantially more advanced robots than we have seen Rick create.

It's not much to go by as far as points of direct comparison, but Farnsworth does seem to have a more impressive track record.

looking back I kinda liked how futurama tried to explain the sci-fi aspects of the show. Rather than "anyone that touches me will die because SCIENCE"

Farnsworth literally invented a ship that moves the entire universe around itself in order to achieve FTL travel.

Farnsworth I believe is is probably smarter in terms of the intellectual abilities, namely because we see it in action beyond plot asspulls that could replace the accompanying technobable with magic and not skip a beat. By comparison, we're only told that Rick is smart and capable outside of him acting as Mary Sue; everything that supposedly makes/made him smart is done off-camera. That being said, it is undeniable that Rick's creations are of a higher caliber than Farnsworth, so I'd say while he's the inferior scientist, he is the superior engineer.

One on one on the other hand and it may not bode well for Farnsworth.

Especially if Rick has some prep-time.

Rick is a scrappy fighter and always equipped some some high tech contingency shit should things go south. Even if he's not that well prepared for it like in the purging, he still had a disintegrating bomb on him.

the futurama fanbase

i'm suprised that noone posted the screencap of this same thread

Farnsworth can always find good news for everybody.

So you're saying if Dr. Farnsworth throws some good news at Rick's way, he's screwed?

Farnsworth was probably smarter in his prime, but he forgot a lot of science stuff after becoming senile. Rick would still win in a fight, regardless.

So it is a tie?

kek. Idk, we know how negative Rick is. Farnsworth would try to give Rick good news, but then Rick would make some snide, pessimistic remarks.

Except the show is clever about it, stop hating

Farnsworth has probably forgotten more than Rick will ever know.

>How did he die!
>Oh, I keep myself constantly coated with a layer of new super cyanide coded to only not kill someone with my DNA for just such and occasion.
>But Professor, we were just sitting on the couch right next to each other! Would I have died if I incidentally touched you?
>Y'know, I never really thought about it.

...in Futurama, Leela is the only competent one on the delivery team (with Hermes being competent half the time), and even then she is often irrational.

In the Smith family, Morty is the only fully competent one, despite his supposed learning disorder.

So what was that about "hurr durr feminism bad badurrr?"

Plus rick can actually fight. He's very agile even though he's supposed to be an old man. The professor mostly shuffles around

I'm guessing that has a lot to do with him being augmented head to toe.

Why didn't Farnsworth try to augment himself?

Farnsworth edges Rick out as far as inventions, but Rick is much better at thinking on his feet.

You know, Rick isn't actually that fucking smart.

We don't see him dramatically invent anything himself, we just see him abusing his Knowledge of other realities and alien tech to get a one up.

He had to invent something to get the alien tech in the first place (teleportation, light speed travel, etc.), but yeah, I guess it's possible he basically coasted on that one success from then on.

But still, in real life even that one success would make him a billionaire.

Who would win in a Rap battle?

>Why didn't Farnsworth try to augment himself?
Because he was too busy trying to create an army of atomic supermen with octagonal bodies that suck blood.

I'm sure if it had of worked out, he would have just grafted his head on to one of them.

Enough with your disgusting memes, it's a terrible idea. It's a SHIT IDEA.

Obviously it's PICKLE RICK!

It's been a long time since I've watched Futurama, but if I remember correctly Farnsworth sent them on missions with the explicit intention of trying to kill them.

Someone please put this chad professor next to the "virgin cartoon" from that one with Rick and Xavier

Good news, everyone! I turned myself in to a pickle! I'm Professor Picklesworth!

Never with the actual primary intent of killing them to my recollection, but he was constantly sending them on missions that would PROBABLY kill them. He did that to all of his old crews too, as evidenced by the remains of one of them at the space bee hive he sends Fry, Leela, and Bender to.

I've never simultaneously loved and hated a meme more.

I really want to see a cameo of this. I just want Rick to ask Farnsworth what's the point of living if you've already done it all.

Both already died before, and basically gods, so is it family? The crew for Prof and Morty and the family for Rick?

>crew for Prof
The Planet Express crew is highly disposable to Farnsworth, even Fry. Farnsworth's raison d'etre is to make more scientific discoveries and/or possible global domination just because he likes doing it.

The what if machine shits on anything Rick has done

>clever about it

Maybe when they started the show but it's basically magic now.

The Professor was wicked smart in his prime, but he's borderline senile now. Sentient AI and hyperspace drive vs. interdimensional portal gun. It's a tough call.

Feminism is bad, but you make good points regarding these two shows.

What If Machine is just Interdimensional Cable with a search function. Rick could do it if he wanted to see something specific instead of just flipping around aimlessly.

>he abides by the laws of reality

Xavier does, too. Every Xavier in the multiverse is shown to have died save two, one of whom loses the blowdown.

It occurs to me that he invented a device able to invent something he was not able to invent. Ergo he created the first step of the "Singularity" but left it confined to a goofy toy, unable to propel humanity infinitely forward.

I think that beats a self-conscious toast robot

Nibbled is smarter than Rick.

Nibbler

It just made a projected simulation. That isn't an invention in reality.

>Create a device that creates a simulation?
>Oh my no, it was much simpler to create a device smarter than myself
>But Professor, that's impossible!
>Is that so? Why don't you ask the What If machine if it's possible? [maniacal laughter]

The professor says stupid shit all the time, he's old as fuck.

I wouldn't expect a Rick and Morty fan to be able to comprehend the immense mind of Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth.

Microverse.
Big whoop.

miniverse

Nobody.
It was an idea he couldn't work out how to implement.

Hermes was bureaucrat level 36 for fucks sake.
That's competent as fuck

cheese ray

Whos funnier

Its a trick question, rick was never funny

>He probably invented it later.
He did

huh? are you alright user?

Me.
For watching R&M.

that machine isnt worth the gold its made of.

Farnsworth is as smart as the plot needs him to be
But the plot in in R&M is controlled by how smart Rick is

One of them invented time travel.

Both are only as smart as the writers of the show.

so Farnsworth then?

Probably.
Futurama was a show with real hidden geek and science easter eggs humor.
Rick and Morty is more about current memes and "nihilism" and how nothing really matters.

Rick is probably smarter but somehow he is more like plottsmart, more batman preptime magic were you don't really see him doing something smart.

*probably not

Futurama was really a smarter show
Rick is the "smarter" guy.

The two shows are barely comparable
Futurama is a parody of classic sci tropes
R&M is a parody on modern pop culture and sitcoms
R&M has more in common with American Dad

>fingerlonger
>smelloscope
>forwards time machine
It's clear the professor is the smartest.

Farnsworth didn't make Universe B, he just made the box containing it

professor is way smarter but rick would sweep him in a fight

>Futurama
>smart
yeah, that sublte Ipoad episode was so deep man

learn to read dumbfuck

Thats almost more powerful

>Morty is the only fully competent one,
???

Leela has the magical power of common sense
Hermes is an extremely competent bureaucrat. There is an entire episode about it
Farnsworth is probably the greatest roboticist who has ever lived.
Bender is very good at what he is supposed to do - bending girders.

The only really incompetent ones are Fry, Amy and Zoidberg. It's fairly even handed.

I mean it's literally in the first episode. He gets their career chips from an envelope labeled "contents of space wasp stomach."

The virgin scientist:
>Wubalubadubdub!
>always moody
>hangs out with a child
>creates doomsday devices by accident
>runs like a bitch when things get out of hand
>hates his parallel counterparts
>has met biblical figures but still a reddit style atheist
>no respect for life
>mooches off his daughter
>non-existant wife
>gay litlle UFO

the chad Professor:
>Good news!, everyone
>always cheerful
>hangs out with a cool lobster
>creates doomsday devices on purpose
>saved the world countless times
>gets along with parallel professor
>Voodoo, Atheismo
>Mourns when people die
>has his own business
>frequently bangs the most powerful woman in the universe
>Large, iconic spaceship that can make the universe revolve around it

Good news, everyone! I just created a device that makes you read this in the voice of the smarter scientist between us two!

Rick's inventions are on pair with Farnsworth, despite not having had the advantage of 1000 years of technological advancements. Plus he's better at thinking on his feet.

So definitely Rick. He's a Mary Sue on steroids.

Rick can't travel in time, Farnsworth can. Farnsworth could do anything Rick could but he doesn't because they don't have any practical applications for his situations.