I liked Powerless, it was a really funny take on the DC Comics Universe, why the hell did they cancel it?

I liked Powerless, it was a really funny take on the DC Comics Universe, why the hell did they cancel it?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/847597680817610753
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If I wanted to watch a comedy about people in an office, why wouldn't I just watch a comedy about people in an office instead of people in an office but with superheroes outside?

The Office is overrated tripe.

That doesn't actually answer the question.

Some questions are their own answers.

twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/847597680817610753
Not enough blowjobs were given out

I would rather have Vanessa Hudgens give me a hummer

Is that what passes for comedy in the US? I liked it because of its Easter eggs, but man, it wasn't funny at all

>why the hell did they cancel it?
A comic book based show where
A) Half the viewers were watching for their favorite superheroes to appear and got annoyed with all these quirky characters.
B) The other half is the general audience that is thick as a brick and don't pick up on all the minor DC references. This is the group that you just say "Stranger Things" and they would stand up and applaud. But say something off brand and they miss the joke.

funnier than TBBT, which is a plus in my books

Frankly it wasn't that good. It had a few good points, but overall suffered from a main cast that was too large. The core Emily, Van, and Blonde had good chemistry, but the other three were glorified supporting characters with too much screen time. The writers had no idea what to do with them.

Black Guy's main source of jokes for the first two episodes were "haha you can't say/do that contextually innocuous thing near him because he's black". That's how weak the writing was out of the gate. The only half worthwhile chuckle from it was they switched to fish guy jokes for one episode.

it started to hit a stride near the end, but too little too late.

It was unintentionally funny how the black guy lost like 60 pounds during filming and no one acknowledged it

Oh shit did this come out. Better gove it a watch.

I also liked it
As a dumb comedy sitcom about an R&D department

I could take or leave the Dc stuff, it was kind of distracting and lazy

Yeah, that was the point, I was asking a rhetorical question.

i liked Van Wayne, he was hilarious and Emily was great too

I liked it too and made gamethread for the show while it aired.
However, the show sucked and the original premise about them being an insurance company was better.
Well, I'm at least glad it happened rather than never have aired. Vanessa Hudgens was too cute

The show correctly called out Neil deGrasse Tyson as a hack

>This is the group that you just say "Stranger Things" and they would stand up and applaud. But say something off brand and they miss the joke.
And odd thing to say, considering Stranger Things was was a new IP whereas Powerless had not just DC, but Batman fame on their side.

because you want to watch one specifically about the normies who have to deal with living in a superhero universe not just normal normies

I want more episodes!

It was nice of them to release the last episode online.

Cool, it's slightly better than the lowest common denominator. Congrats.