Netflix and Marvel Television have scrapped plans to present a panel for upcoming series “The Punisher” at New York...

>Netflix and Marvel Television have scrapped plans to present a panel for upcoming series “The Punisher” at New York Comic-Con.

>“We are stunned and saddened by this week’s senseless act in Las Vegas,” Netflix and Marvel said in a joint statement. “After careful consideration, Netflix and Marvel have decided it wouldn’t be appropriate for Marvel’s The Punisher to participate in New York Comic Con. Our thoughts continue to be with the victims and those affected by this tragedy.”

variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvels-punisher-1202581153/

The panel was supposed to announce the premiere date. Think we'll see it before the end of the year now?

It's cancelled.

I don't think it necessarily means they show itself has been pushed back, just that they thought having a panel dedicating to a guy who shoots a bunch of people so close to an event where a guy shot a bunch of people might be in poor taste.

They might just announce the date on social media or something instead.

I didn't get this justification, though.

Faggy.

What a bunch of hypocrites. If they don't feel it's appropriate for NYCC, then they should just cancel the show altogether as that implies they think the show isn't appropriate at all.

No group condemns gun violence as much as Hollywood and no group glorifies it as much as Hollywood. Their words ring hollow.

I assume it means the trailer would have shown him gunning down a crowd or something as opposed to clearing out a warehouse or executing some rando.

At least when Japan pulls this shit we get some funny out of it, like NICE BOAT.

Bunch of cucks. How embarrassing

user, they don't want to show a trailer of a bunch of people getting mowed down, after a bunch of people just got mowed down in real life. Some might call it bad taste

Nah you've got a good point.

The other fear was this could be them showing the first episode would could just be Frank murdering a lot of people from afar.

getting mowed down is a daily occurrence in burgerland though

But they do want to show 18 episodes(or however many it is) of it within a few short months.

They'll announce it eventually -- maybe even push it back, but unless it was within the next three months I doubt it. Better to avoid any media connections right now and release the show on schedule anyway, rather than face any backlash and end up pushing back or cancelling a show they've already made.

It was supposed to be before January at least.

And they definitely wouldn't have opened it around Thor in November.

>THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS
Just fucking release the show already you fucking faggots. Pussy pissbabies.

This. It's really dishonest when people pull that "in respect to *insert incident*" yet still expect profit off of the exact same thing on a separate term.

Remember when Jim Carrey disowned Kick-Ass 2 due to its violence, yet still took the check?

Can we just for once. Just once. Separate fiction from reality and not be complete tards about the two? Here comes the pushbacks, the censoring, and the possibility of cancellation.

I had a feeling something along these lines was going to happen. Jack Reacher got the same treatment some years ago due to a shooting.

You know my heart goes out to those affected by the Vegas incident, but these kneejerk reactions done because they're afraid someone might get offended is really ridiculous.

>Better to avoid any media connections right now and release the show on schedule anyway, rather than face any backlash and end up pushing back or cancelling a show they've already made.

>Netflix Has Decided Not To Show Punisher In NYCC And Thinks This Is Enough

>After the calamitous massacre that left dozens dead and hundreds wounded just last Sunday, Netflix decided to cancel a New York Comic Con panel dedicated to their upcoming Punisher series - which features a caucasian white male gunning down crowds of people with automatic weaponry.

>Now, in light of the worst shooting the country has ever suffered, maybe it'd be commendable effort to just shelve a product that relies on the glorification of a murderer using all too similar means, but perhaps the bottom line is more important to the streaming giant's business than all around basic human decency. Much like an array of bullets fired upon an unsuspecting crowd, it seems like Netflix doesn't discriminate a bigot's dollar, either...

so, am I hired yet, rich?

Who the fuck is going to get offended anyway? The people who wanted to watch the panel sure as fuck aren't.

In this day and age of clickbait journalism and idiots wanting to rally against something, most business just think its easier to avoid any headaches entirely. Hell, TDKR theater shooting caused Beware the Batman to alter all weapons into weird laser guns

It's Marvel, they are afraid of SJWs getting triggered

Maybe.

That's pathetic. Why did marvel fall so hard so fast? It's like they just can't make a single good decision, it's beyond them.

They are the equivalent of sony pictures now.

also imagine having to go promote The Punisher a week after the shooting.

>Hey guys...uh...gonna...shoot...people...fuck.

Implication that guns can be used for good.

How long has it been since then? Oh god, so long ago

>Some might call it bad taste

Some can fuck off.

No, no. We must let this affect fiction as much as possible. Maybe instead Punisher can light a bag of dog poop on fire and put it on some criminal's doorstep. Maybe we can rename him the Prankisher and have him pull wicked pranks on bad guys. At least then nobody can get offended and get their fee fees hurt by connecting one of the hundred thousands of shootings in history just happens to be the most recent one.

you mean the biggest in the us

Something bigger will take its place sometime in the future.

turtletaub.jpg

they made the right call, the media blacklash wouldn't have been phenominal

Mostly by tyrones instead of autist kevins

ITT: How edgy some anons can be.

not by old white guys though

>Teenage Frank lighting a bag of dogshit on the local bully's doorstep
Fuck,I really wouldn't mind seeing that.

t. user who made 9/11 jokes on 9/11

This reminds me when they added the Punisher to Avengers Alliance right after Sandy Hook.

rip in peace that shitty game.

>Mob boss comes home after a long day of skinning babies alive
>sits down in his chair with a book, reading in the lamp light
>suddenly, the phone rings
>"Fuck me, who da fuck's callin at dis hour ..."
>sets book down, goes and picks up phone
>"Th fuck you want?"
>a deep, monotone voice comes from the phone
>"Is your refridgerator running?"
>oh god
>It's Prank Castle
>The Funisher
>boss breaks into hysterics
>hunched over, clutching the reciever with both hands
>"No, please! I ain't done anything! You got nothin on me, you can't do this!"
>phone is silent as the grave for what feels like minutes
>the criminal waits, sweating, wide eyed
>"Then ..."
>"NO, DON'T-"
>"You'd better catch it."
>click
>dial tone
>the boss is admitted to the hospital the next day in a catatonic state
>one more scumbag Pranked
>the war on crime continues

What a gay thing to do.

a full decade, I think

i dont understand whats so bad about this, they did the right thing. given the nature of teh character and what hapenned, i can see how someone can see it in poor taste. this is the same thing as mr. robot season 1 finale, which they had to postpone because of that dude shooting taht news reprter, when what happenned int eh show was only slightly related to what actually happenned. they played it safe and it was absolutely the right way to go, despite the "inconvenience."

I'll buy it.

>people seriously getting mad some panel got cancelled

Call me when they actively fuck with the production of a show and force the showrunners to censor it at the last minute

>ITT: Anons unable to differentiate between a real life crazed gunman and a fictional vigilante who shoots exclusively fictional criminals who deserve it.

>The Funisher

He's the Punisher, not the Prankster. So instead of guns, Frank is going to go medieval instead. Give him a spanking paddle, whips, riding crops, the works.

Almost as pathetic as a tripfag

I'm not sure if it's so much offended than, and I'm not saying this to be funny at all, triggered by a certain scene especially if you live in said areas affected by the shooting or if you know someone who was hurt/killed.

It reminds me of when they had to push back and reshoot Gangster Squad because of the Aurora shooting because there was a scene where someone opens fire at movie theater.

You rotten bastard. I laughed.

>first episode is a carbon copy of the first chapter of "In the Beginning" of MAX
>Frank franks a bunch of people with a gun from far away
So canceled then?

This doesn't bother me, because if they had had a panel maybe there would be a media freakout demanding the show be cancelled. If they can step back until things cool down and then release the show when things are less heated, better than letting the show get pulled altogether.

to be fair, I think Jim Carrey just does whatever the brainslug that clearly ate and replaced his brain wants him to do

It's a strategic thing. They know someone will try to make a big deal of it and want to take attention away from the show until this blows over.

I'd buy this and I want to see Ennis try and write it

Punishing fans of the punisher? How poetic
Get fucked faggots

at least I got some amusement out of this crap

having the panel and showing Frank gunning down a bunch of goons would be a bad look and get them even more negative attention than cancelling it would and might ACTUALLY get the series cancelled

they'll just announce the release date online

>a guy with green hair commits a massacre in Las Vegas
>Frank will not go after him
Sigh.

Why is it such a big deal? Americucks shoot each other every week.

Bad taste is propping up bodies to act as political mascots.

If the cartoon doesn't do that, it's not in bad taste.

I fucking love that this image is going to be a meme now. It's such a perfect reaction shot.

For some reason liberals only talk about gun control after a mass shooting.

And they do it so poorly and so disgracefully they turn any rational person off to any argument about gun control, because holy fucking shit no one on Twitter knows anything about guns. Then you've got utter cunts like Dawkins making fun of the concert goers by mocking a Southern accent.

The worst enemy of liberal democracy is liberal democrats.

>Prank Castle
>The Funisher

>knee jerk reaction is to be mad
>whatever shit happens gimme papa frank
>realize media would make shit storm of it
>better to be safe then sorry
Good call netflix, can't risk having no franks

>Its 1 am, New York City, the Lucky Chicken Chinese Japanese Bar
>The Hand hold a secret meeting
>"Gentlemen our organization is in ruin..a devil, the iron fist, and that maniac the funish-"
>a loud fart breaks the tension in the room
>"th-that wasn't me"
>the men laugh
>"st-stop I command you to-"
>*FART NOISES*
>N-noooo, NOOOOOO!!!!
>He flees the room, in utter shame and embarrassment
>He wishes to be alone..
>He lights up a cigarette and checks his facebook
>he notices something that shouldn't be...
>it says he is in a relationship with barry
>but barry is his right hand man! He and barry aren't gay!
>he realizes he left his laptop logged in and anyone could have done this...but who?!
>It strikes him like lightning, DAMN YOU FUNISHER!!!!!

Yea but... The Punisher shoots... bad guys. He's a war vet. He's looking for revenge for his murdered loved ones...

What MarFlix is REALLY saying is "Wow we really messed up with Iron Fist, Defenders, and now Inhumans. Let's use a strawman to rewrite to make things more interesting."

Thoughts. And. Prayers.

No-one is capable of telling the difference between fiction and reality now, which is why everyone uses Harry Potter and Game of Thrones to describe real-world politics.
Only Japan holds out for now.

They're going to end up cutting scenes and censoring it. I hate this planet.

No, but it's the only time you cunts raise a fuss about it. It's either too soon to score lieberal propaganda points or there hasn't been a shooting in weeks now so what the fuck are you on about, there's no problem.

Tom Petty died this week too, but I'm not going to tell people to stop listening to Mary Jane's Last Dance.

Hell, if anything, this is the perfect time for a trailer. The first thing Frank does when a mass murder happens is to go out and Frank the bastards responsible.

Nigga, have you SEEN the kind of shit that comes out of their comics industry? Their minds are so fucked they couldn't tell the difference anyway

Man, fuck these TV shows for not being able to predict the future!

>>It's Prank Castle
>>The Funisher

>>It's Prank Castle
>>The Funisher

>>the boss is admitted to the hospital the next day in a catatonic state

This. All the people ITT who don't understand this are children.

Wow can't believe Netflix and Marvel were genuinely going to market the Punisher series by pretending to open fire on the press crowd with blanks.

One of the classic symptoms of autism is an inability to feel empathy. Just throwing that out there.

well it is Hollywood, they can't separate the two

well a gun did kill the shooter...

Punisher was a misstep in the first place, didn't for into the MCU at all, they should have jumped on the R rated bandwagon and did an big screen adaptation of Born. its been a long time since we've seen a Vietnam movie, and they could have stuck a cameo from a young nick fury in there so its tangentially connected, but still at arms length from the MCU.

They probably have a Trailer in which frank shoots a bunch of people out of a window.

That would be a feast for clickbait journos

This is so appropriate.

Thoughts and prayers.

Generally, they're younger, I'll give you that.

What's new about the good ol'
>be American
>get shot
?
If they wait for a time where there hasn't been a major shooting for a while they will literally never air it

Is it too late to cancel all prints of Secret Empire? Pretty tasteless of Spencer to profit from depicting the mass murder of Las Vegas when the shooter took out a bunch of people in Las Vegas.

I hate this shit. Stop changing media because real shit and people MIGHT get offended