So if Rick is the smartest man in the universe, and there are an unlimited amount of universes...

So if Rick is the smartest man in the universe, and there are an unlimited amount of universes, wouldn't that mean in at least one of them, there is someone who is smarter than Rick?...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_surely
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably.

Smarter then that universes rick at least. Writers will never let anyone be outright smarter then Rick-Prime.

dont over think multiverse theory

that's literally what makes Rick the way he is

everything is meaningless since everything happened and didn't happen in another universe, no action you can possibly take has any meaning

there is another Citadel where evil Morty lost the election, there is a Citadel Rick didn't destroy, there is a Summer that Morty got pregnant

There is a universe where Owlman destroyed the universe because contemplating multiverse theory also drove him insane but in that universe Batman failed to stop him

I just wanna know why there isn't a universe where Diane is still alive/around/married to Rick.

Maybe it's because... DIANE NEVER EXISTED!?

Yeah, it's the universe 'tall morty' is from.

Beth is a female clone of Rick

Does that make Jerry Beth's Morty?

The Citadel is multidimensional. There only exists one.

It is implied by him being the only one with interdimensional travel, and by the fake memory in s3e1, that he is the most intelligent mind in the multiverse. Some Ricks are dumb and outsmarted by people in their personal dimensions, but the bell curve of the intelligence of all Ricks has a median above that of any other sentient being. Furthermore, this would imply the smartest people in every conceivable universe are Ricks.

>everything is meaningless since everything happened and didn't happen in another universe, no action you can possibly take has any meaning

Maybe I'm just too dumb but that doesn't make sense to me.

Just because something happened in another universe doesn't make it any less relevant to each individual one.

It's like saying "there's no point to trying any sort of creative hobby because someone somewhere has already created when you have in mind"

Well fuck that noise because I am making a full samurai kabuto out of pumpkins this year complete with jack'o'lantern faced menpo!

No, it means there is an unlimited number of someones who are unlimited times smarter than he is.

>unlimited amount of universes
Theres not an unlimited. The multiverse is on a central finite plane. Theres a limited number.

This is part of the reason Rick's nihilism is flawed.

You're right. However, when you are no longer limited to existing in an individual universe, while those things are relevant to the individuals residing in it, it is no longer relevant to you.

See above.

>smartest guy in the multiverse unironically thinks of themselves as a god, and likes to announce this in the same manner a petulant retarded child yells out that they're the coolest kid in the schoolyard

I've seen fanfiction that are written better than Rick is.

No because he IS that always smarter rick.

I'm pretty sure that Rick is meant to be viewed as flawed, but since everybody in-universe says he is perfect retarded fans just gobble it up.

Everyone misunderstands this.

1. There is infinite universes.

2. This does not mean any conceivable universe exists. Just as the set of all positive numbers is infinite but includes no negatives.

3. This also does not mean there are repeats. In the set of all positive numbers the set continues infinitely upwards but there is never a repetition. There is a finite number of universes that contain Earth-like planets, and an even smaller set of universes that contain a Rick. This set of universes containing a Rick is called the Central Finite Curve, the bell curve of universes that contain Ricks starting at beings who are fundamentally Rick and dropping off near the edges into less and less Rick-like beings [Farmer Rick, Simple Rick, Cowboy Rick, etc] until eventually you get into pseudoRick and eventually nonRick territory.

Have the people watching this show figured out that Rick is Harmon's self insert and that all the enemies in the show are based on his high school bullies?

I understand this and my post did not make any implications that I don't.

He may not exist in all universes, but the median intellect Rick (the Rick with an equal amount of Ricks both smarter and dumber than him) is still smarter than the most intelligent of any other sentient being -- even in the many universes that Ricks don't inhabit.

Nope, constants and variables.

you're confused about how infinity works
it doesn't mean everything, it means a infinite number of things.

Oh, I got that he's meant to be viewed as flawed. His constant off-hand whining about the futility of life instead of doing anything to make it meaningful and his childish view of himself as an all-mighty being instead of a pathetic washed-up drunk that spews out grating one-liners like he spews out bile is proof enough of that.

What's annoying is that he gets to get away with his disgustingly bloated ego every fucking episode. Nothing bad ever happens to him. He never gets his shit kicked in, he never gets outwitted in any meaningful way, and so we're just subjected to more of his retarded ideals, as they are never challenged.

Rick immediately loses all value as an actual character when he tries being serious about anything. When he tries being serious, we get dipshit better-than-you rants that play out like they were written by a group of bad Deviantart OCs and inane pretentious garbage like Am I evil? Worse, you're smart

He didn't just start out the smartest man in the universe, he attained it after he developed the portal gun.

It's because infinite Diane's are a finite resource when there are equally infinite Rick's trying science that will endanger her.

Imagine it, thirty years ago the Citadel was full of millions of Rick's and Diane's.

>but since everybody in-universe says he is perfect

Did you miss the S3 finale? Rick's family think of him as a joke now.

He is the rickest rick.

The show judges Rick's rank in intelligence based on his invention of interdimentional travel. It's advanced enough that nobody in the multiverse can duplicate it. Even given infinite possibilities what could another Rick do within the same timeline to top that?

Was Rick doing Jaguar a solid by lying about other realities where his daughter is still alive, or was he being a lazy dick?

Maybe there's just one rick hoarding all the Diane's

Neat. We need a real Rick antagonist for at least one episode. Toxic!Rick was nerfed.

Infinities are potential but not actual. This is the same in multiverse theory, as actual infinite universes would not work (one universe would be a universe that destroys all others, for example).

a lazy dick duh

Isn't that what they are hyping Evil Morty to be?

More ruthless. On the Citadel we saw plenty of Rick's being exploited by the system, and Morty took control of that system.

“Infinite numbers between one and two will never reach three” is all well and good, but Rick and Morty is a comedy show. The definition of infinite dimensions is whatever is funny.

This is where I would post the picture of girl!Doofus Rick if I had it.

Literally yes. There's an underground sport of pocket jerrys that beths participate in while the ricks play pocket morties. Summer, like always, is irrelevant

If Rick's so smart, why doesn't he cure his depression?

It's just brain chemistry. Shouldn't be too hard for him.

Who said he wants to?

i have 158 IQ (hold the applause) and even I sometimes struggle to understand the humor of this show. After every episode I analyze it while drinking a bottle of red wine, sometimes white wine if its an episode that really made me think. Then i re-watch the episode and can enjoy the humor at a much deeper level. When i first saw pickle rick, i could not stop laughing, i thought wow this is the epitome of comedic genius. Every show that will ever or has ever been created is pure drivel compared to the masterpiece that is rick and morty. When the episode was over, the critique began. That was when I understood that this show was on another level and that all those idiots who laugh and enjoy it don't even understand why they are enjoying it. In fact they dont even deserve to enjoy it. I had to break up with my lifelong partner of 10 years after he had the audacity to tell me that he understood rick and morty. He's not even a STEM major, how could he possible understand something which I struggle to comprehend. He begged me to rethink my position but my mind was already made up. I can't believed I swapped bodily fluids with this man. disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

Well he did try to kill himself that one time.

And also depression is bad for productivity.

>So if Rick is the smartest man in the universe, and there are an unlimited amount of universes, wouldn't that mean in at least one of them, there is someone who is smarter than Rick?...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_surely

tl;dr infinite iterations doesn't mean that all conceivable permutations are represented

Given unlimited time, a thousand monkeys in a room randomly hitting keys are as likely to spam the g key forever as they are to repeat the works of Shakespeare ad infinitum.

Yeah, but when did he say he didn't want to be depressed anymore? Cause they did an entire episode about why he needs to be depressed

>After every episode I analyze it while drinking a bottle of red wine, sometimes white wine if its an episode that really made me think.

Drop this bit from your shitty bit. You clearly don't know enough about wine snobbery to make fun of wine snobs.

Also, capitalize your shit and fix your comma splices. You can't portray a pretentious cunt and an illiterate teenager at the same time.

If he didn't NOT want to be depressed then he wouldn't have tried to kill himself.

And that episode wasn't about Rick needing to be depressed. The only hangup Good Rick had was that he felt guilty for condemning Toxic Rick to a live in Toxic Hell.

In the context of an infinite number of universes in the multiverse, there exist an infinite number of Ricks who are infinitely killing an infinite number of other Ricks throughout the multiverse.

I'm telling you fuckers right now Evil Morty's Rick is going to be either Doofus Rick or "Tall Morty" Rick because the waves cancel out and shit. If the Mortiest Morty has the Rickest Rick that must mean the Rickest Morty must have the Mortiest Rick. Fucking screencap this.

>same old story
>Ricks killing Ricks

>The Citadel is multidimensional. There only exists one.

Canon false.

You're overthinking it. From a lazy writing perspective, there will be a scene where our protagonist Rick stutters through an excuse for how Evil Morty came to be and/or a reveal where Rick simply acknowledges Evil Morty as "Morty."

Listen, if you think about the whole infinite universes thing too much it all falls apart. Not necessarily because the show's poorly written, but because the concept of infinite universes is something beyond human comprehension.

The mistake the show made was using the term "infinite" over and over again, which forces the audience to think about it.

Healthy Rick is not good. He might have appeared outwardly nice, but Toxic Rick had what appears to be most of his emotions and his attachments. He doesn't bat an eye at hurting Morty to get what he wants and only wants to merge because he feels like he's missing something.

Given infinite time, they will type out every non-infinite combination of letters.

Meanwhile in this thread:

"Between numbers between two and three but it's never four." I've seen that shit several times.

Bitch, it's a fuck damn cartoon you aren't swaying anyone with "that can't possibly happen just because it's infinite" when a goddamn pizza is ordering phone sticks.

Even the latest goddamn episode beat you over the head of trying to limit infinity is bullshit because there's so goddamn much of it.
Piss sakes man.

He might not be "good" but he's happy.

And the only reason things were like that is because the machine worked in an ultra-specific way that took out what Rick considered to be toxic about himself. And that isn't even consistent with the characters. Morty considers his morals toxic? Really? And after all the scenes about Rick loving and caring about Morty we're supposed to believe that caring about Morty is toxic? And not even in a "It's not like I like you or anything b-baka!" way. Deep down in his heart of hearts, that's what he feels about Morty.

The logic of the machine was garbage.

Roiland created Rick.

>Cares about Morty
>hates that he cares and sees it as a weakness
He's a tsundere, there's no doubt about it. He probably thinks it holds him back.

Morty probably wants to be more like Rick.

>The logic of the machine was garbage

The logic of the machine made Rick and Morty into socially functional people in accordance with principles that could have resulted in yet more psychopathy. It worked really well. Shame about Toxic Rick being clever enough to break out.

prove it, doofus

It's a tweet lemme fuck around and remember which one made it, get bored halfway through looking then go jerk off and go to sleep having accomplished nothing because it's fucking midnight and I'm fucking up my academics shit

>everybody in-universe says he is perfect
Literally no one in universe has said that.

oh okay yeah sure

No one is talking about the toxic episode. This happened earlier and it was about why his depression was good

Well, if the time they're given is infinite, they'll write out every infinite sequence of letters too.

No it just means it's a low level multiverse in the rick and morty universe. In Vs debates we normally refer to the level above that as a Megaverse, and above that an Omniverse.

To be fair, It's never been firmly established that C-137 is the smartest Rick, only the only one not into a collective government.

could be but i guess there a maximum amount of smart that a human frame can hold. so i guess rick top that pool?

In the comics

Finite Central Curve is a Modal Statistics term for "all sets of choices made given a basal situation and a knowledge of the choices being made."
Take a deck of cards that always has a 2 on top and bottom. Play poker with it. The Curve is all choices made, knowing that a 2 is on top and another on the bottom, until the deck is depleted.
The "curve" is the choices that any two players will make, given an infinite number of games with those rules. It is not solvable, so the curve isn't a point, and people will make good and bad decisions based on what has happened in a current game, as well as at random, but they will tend toward some set of more likely or less likely choices over time.
The curve can look like almost anything, usually it is in higher than 5 dimensions, due to the number of choices you can make, so it usually is only even comprehensible when taken to a smaller dimension.

HAHA JUST PICKLE RICK

:~D

Plus, the Rickest Rick.

Storytime?

A little of column a, a little column b.

That's the only funny part I'm glad you aren't in charge of shitposts user

In this case it was passable but it removes whatever someone viewed as weakness. Stupid dangerous.

why is morty calling his dad jerry and why is beth calling her dad rick?
in the show they call them dad

Yeah, Doofus Rick's universe.

Also "Tall Morty's" universe.

dunno why the portals are all purple either

how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man; INFINITE TIMELINES, IMPLYING INFINITE POSSIBILITIES, DOESN'T EQUAL ALL CONCEIVABLE EXISTENCES.
there isn't a universe than managed to destroy all other universes.

>It's never been firmly established that C-137 is the smartest Rick, only the only one not into a collective government.

Pretty sure that does make him the smartest Rick.