What are some webcomics you'd like to get closure for?

What are some webcomics you'd like to get closure for?

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwidayn.comicgenesis.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=QEIOGlIy3BA
tgchan.org/wiki/Jukashi
tgchan.org/wiki/Lunar_Quest
tgchan.org/wiki/Will_of_the_Undermind
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was so sweet of Ian to do that. I haven't even read RPG World but the ending of that episode was very heartwarming.

>my comic ending soon
>a bunch of other comics wrapping up
>Curvy is in 80s movie where-are-they-now epilogue mode as we speak
>Ellory the Shark ran out of steam and just up and told us how the rest of the story goes
>at least 3 other comics I follow are over now or nearly over
meanwhile Prequel is finally UPDATING again. It's a weird time to be alive, man. Meanwhile there's at least 70 comics who ended without ending, and I miss them and wonder what became of them.

Isn't this from OK KO

Yup, but it started as a webcomic which got an appropriate ending through this episode.

Kind of fucking weird, but heartwearming.

Yes. Ian used an OK KO episode to basically wrap up RPG World.

Cool I didn't know that

I wanna what other Sup Forums -related creators have used projects to wrap up other projects like Ian just did.

I know that tends to happen in live action shows sometimes, using an episode to give closure to a abandoned or cancelled series from the creator, but this is the first time I heard it happening with animation.

Anyone have any other examples?

While I'm glad RPG World is done, I'd love for them to keep having appearances in OK KO as a RPG-minded Action Family.

yeah all i can think of is newhart and a few other live action ones like that, but not animation.

>Anyone have any other examples?
Coming to America had a cameo of two other guys who's lives were ruined in a previous movie starring Eddie Murphy, can't remember the title though.

This episode genuinely fucked with my head for the rest of the day I watched it on

The amount of nostalgia hitting me was genuinely physically painful. Which is about as autistic as it gets but I had to stare at the wall and wonder what I was doing with my life afterwards. This guy has had his hand in several cartoons and has made his own and even went back and touched back up on his old webcomic and all I've done is work on some Triple A games doing shit work.

It hurts.

it really is lame. our whole lives they told our generation YOU CAN DO ANYTHING but we knew full well we couldn't do shit when it came to the things we cared about, because you had to live in hollywood and be lucky
but now it turns out anyone can do all this shit if they just have self-motivation and whatnot.. but we never had that. we had realism beaten into us. fuck.

Give link

Can't hurt, I suppose.
kiwidayn.comicgenesis.com/
If you hate it, hey, you're in luck. over soon.

>idly wonders if my webcomic was one of the ones you missed.

I'm not gonna name it though, as a rule I don't post anything that would identify me on Sup Forums.

Good policy overall, but if you are one of them, just... update again. it doesn't have to be a comic, just give us an explanation.
for the record though it wouldnt prove you're you, anyone can link your site. fuck i'll do it right now, i miss Count Your Sheep. adis (so weird how many webcomic artists have insistent lowercase for their names) came back briefly then disappeared again.

That'd be dope.

I'm kind of bummed Erike didn't even get a picture.

>I'm kind of bummed Erike didn't even get a picture.
He's in the 4th panel under Diane's picture. It's very small.

>work on some Triple A games doing shit work.

Triple A is the shittiest games work. What do you do, user?

Homestuck

>met a cool guy in a meetup
>he has this elaborate past career, including working for fucking Rooster Teeth at one point
>in the process of telling me what it was like, I feel better about never having done anything in my life

>punks & nerds
>double K
>hiimdaisy's persona 4

none of which will never happen.

such a shame it was abandoned in act 6, guess we'll never know how any of it plays out

fuck, Punks & Nerds ended like twice, then we got weirdly endless Bruceman adventures, updating every couple years.. baffling.
I wonder if The Lounge will ever finish. It also is on 'once a year' updates, just like Zelda Comic was until it finally quit.

>HERE IT IS: THE FINAL RPG WORLD COMIC!

>A recent episode of my show OK KO!, “A Hero’s Fate” is a fully-absorbed finale of my old comic RPG World. RPG World was a comic that I made when I was a teenager(Starting in August 2000). A lot of people ended up liking the comic and I was a little too young to take that fact seriously. I never finished the comic’s story because… I was a flighty teenager and I ended up going to animation school. After a fruitful decade-plus of working in animation, I was thrilled to return to my old characters.

>If you were a fan of RPG World, please seek out this episode and watch it! It’s a special treat just for you!

>Originally the story wasn’t going to have any specific call-outs to the comic but the storyboard team for the episode, Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons crafted a narrative around Hero and KO learning to value the people in their lives AND their heroic ambitions.

>Ryann created an epilogue to the episode which showed Hero returning to comic form to finish his story. I felt very embarrassed by this but it made so much sense in the story’s context. I leaned into it and using her rough version as a guide, drew the full ending page myself. I rummaged thru my supplies and broke out the same set of pens I used to ink the comic with, and scanned it on my same old scanner. I tried to emulate my coloring style from back then(MAN ALIVE I was SO into gradients)… I used to do the comic three times a week so doing it again was a surreal experience.

>The whole thing has ended up being very cathartic. Knowing that Hero and Cherry will live on in endless worldwide repeats of this episode is mindblowing.

>p.s. If this post inspires you to go look up and read RPG World, I pre-emptively apologize for my clumsy and possibly offensive teenage writing and artistic skills. I barely knew what I was doing! I’m shocked that people even liked it!

>baby named spaghetti

And no one posted this?
>youtube.com/watch?v=QEIOGlIy3BA

I'm disappointed Sup Forums, what happened to you?

Last I heard Rooster Teeth was hiring for a 3d game art position. I was tempted to apply cause I live in the area, but is it really that bad?

aww man. that's so sweet. Makes me think about how odd it would be to resume a habit from years ago

maybe it's changed since then, but according to him, at the time, it was like.. get used to 16 hour days and not getting paid

i was thinking more
>Spaghetti time

>fuck, Punks & Nerds ended like twice, then we got weirdly endless Bruceman adventures, updating every couple years.. baffling.
more like it ended once, got relaunched, relaunch turned into a bruceman spinoff to sell the rock opera he did for the character and just abandoned the comic altogether to focus on selling his art online (i think the last strip was in 2012).

at least the story had closure in the form of the album but that's only half the story since the comic was meant to be a companion story to the album and i think it's been 6 years since the album was released.

is that what happened? i couldn't follow it that well
all I know is i fucking adored it back in the day, and its kooky take on popculture references
he was doing evil goth harry potter way before it was a thing, and his commentary on how much Doug Funnie and Charlie Brown have in common..

yeah everything related to the comic was pretty much abandoned as well (from the dead social media presence to the site basically falling into disrepair) the last time i checked.

guy even abandoned the reboot of his other comic.

God that episode was bad. The entire plot and 90% of the jokes were just "Remember Final Fantasy? So do we!"

Keychain of Creation.

It was the Exalted version of Order of the stick; the creator had to bail because of tendonitis in his hands and despite relying even more on the source material than OotS had to, fuck dammit, I LOVED the cast and thought the whole thing was loads better than any actual Exalted game I ever played.

Keychain of Creation.

Only one I can think of is Batman Beyond getting some sense of closure in Justice League Unlimited.

man, that's sad.
It wasn't enough to support a 20-minute episode, but it was a 10-minuter, so it was good.

not Sup Forums but i heard boros from one punch man was actually the main villain of a story the creatior did before OPM

hand promblems have taken so many good comics from us. Miscellany Merchant Sybil, Monstrous, uh... some others

it's probably the biggest killer of talent next to ego

I'd argue it wasn't even good enough to carry a 10 minute episode, but maybe that's just my sense of humor. OK KO has been very hit or miss for me. Some episodes I loved, some I could barely get through.

>Keychain of Creation

pic related

It was very significantly a love letter to people who have known who Ian J-Q was before he was even an inker on Venture Bros.

Would I have preferred an appearance from the Times are Tough NPC? SURE! But this is still nice.

taste is a hell of a drug.

so does this mean we'll get a nockforce episode down the line?

rip in piece hiimdaisy

I'll never understand why content creators get so insecure about what makes them famous that they take such extreme measures to branch out.

the funny part is no matter how hard she tries to get away from those comics they're pretty much the olny thing she's know for.

sure she has cucumber quest but no matter how good it is you can bet your ass that it wasn't good enough to justify nuking her past over. nothing a artist/writer/etc. does is.

she really needs to get over herself and own up to her earlier comics and how they'll always be a part of her. she'll probably feel alot better as a result.

it's like how fast food restaurants keep trying to one-up each other by introducing an inferior version of each others' product instead of sticking with what they do well, and keeping overhead down
like whatever business school they went to should have its accreditation removed if that's how they think competition works. really the concept of pyrrhic victory seems to be ingrained in nearly all modern business and it's baffling.

CukeQuest was great at first, then it had its own 'dodgeball arc' and got boring.

That one webcomic with the shark dude in some kind of afterlife. Apparently it was a school project that went on longer than intended and the creator felt like it wasn't that good for some insane reason and just outright deleted the site. Such a shame too, they dropped it right when the plot was getting interesting.

There's also that one webcomic about a detective and Little Red Riding Hood.

Warrior U

>Cheap Thrills will never continue

also Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name

Really? Haven't seen OK KO but I'm an oldfag who really liked RPG World. Could I get the episode name please?

Sinfest.
i adored this comic, followed it daily for years, even let the political spectrum slide, the characters grew on me, but then 2012 came around and the feminist arc began, at first i thought it was temporary but then the BLM, then the Sisterhood, then the kill men. i dropped it in 2013, left me with a bad taste. i think it's still going so i don't know what closure i can ask for. there's no redeeming it for me anymore.

Trading Places, had Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd do a Prince and the Pauper with stock trading. I think there was a third movie with those two old guys, but I can't remember right.

THIS is how rpg world comic ends???? from far away i was sure this was a wakfu strip!

same here.

A Hero's Fate!

I am in a similar situation, as artist who became popular drawing popular stuff but then wanted to move on other things. I guess it's a feeling of not wanting to base your "career" on someone's else's work, since you can't really do anything with it. Also people change, artists change. Something old just doesn't stimulate you anymore and it's time to grow and seek for new things.

Also it gets boring really fast, and you never know if someone likes your art or just that popular thing which is latched on it.
I don't denounce my old work since so many people like them, but i don't really feel like doing them anymore.

Learn how to into branding, nigga. It's not just a corporate buzzword, it's the science of how you take control of how your audience perceives you.

If you want to do something new, make a spinoff brand. That's what egoraptor did, instead of just posting his videos on his channel he made a new brand for new shit, and he's all the better for it because his branding allowed for his pre existing audience and a new audience to have a recontextualized view of the kind of work he makes.

So pretty much create new site? I wonder if it's too late at this point, since i have been using mine for years and i don't think abandoning it for new one is a very good idea since all the audience is on one site. But i guess it must be done if there's more gain in it.

It's silly though since most people getting jobs now start out with fanart, whether literally or metaphorically. Like usually before you run a business, you're an employee in someone else's business making THEIR product.

Sluggy is ending. Holy shit.

Zebra Girl is ending.

Sabrina... kinda ended.

Machall ended with college. Alpha Shade died. Gone with the Blastwave died. VG cats made a dollar and stopped all effort. Jack stopped. Family man stopped. Underpower finally gave up. Errant Story had an actual ending, which is nice. The Goblins guy went nuts. Nimona ended well.

But hey, Perry Bible Fellowship came back.

. . . Fuck man, how much time have I spent on this shit?

>Errant Story had an actual ending
How retarded did the story get, because I dropped it when the half-elf guy got the powers of a god.

Holy shit, Jack is still going?

AppleGeeks has updates?

. . . I think I'd like to see an ending for Under Power. It was always kind of off the rails, but... I was a fan.

Sinfest

Not.... super-terrible. It "goes epic", but once they started researching god, did you really think it'd go anywhere else? Epilogue has a bit of a twist.

what are you talking about?
some autist mailed a bomb to hussie right after cascade dropped.

Fuckinghell, I spent half an hour trying to find any scrape of Underpowered that still existed online and I forgot I scrapped it all. I've got it local. From back when I thought it was worth the time to save this stuff because I thought it might go away.

... well hell, I was right. The Internet, for all it's ease and access, is an ethereal thing. Transient and temporary. The Internet never forgets, but it does lose things.

I think I'll post it all when I'm not so damn tired.

so you guy's know he's also run some quests over on tgchan.
tgchan.org/wiki/Jukashi
including lunar quest
tgchan.org/wiki/Lunar_Quest
which has the player controled character being a lunar exalted that has been given a titan fragment through SCIENCE.
and will of the undermind
tgchan.org/wiki/Will_of_the_Undermind
we, the suggesters, are the subconcious desire of an entire hivemind and our current focus/player character is maolla syrup. a green skin space babe that has MIND BULLETS.

he also turns up in the tgchan IRC on occasion, so hang out if you want to say hi.

it's not about "not branching out" it' about "not trying to erase your past"
if you do something it becomes a part of your identity and trying to hide it just causes backlash, own up to your past and you own your future.

Didn't a toy of Hero show up in the background of Steven Universe?

jesus that's a blast from the past

>One year later

Goddamn he must have knocked her up that very night!

Well you know if it was one year later he could have knocked her up anywhere within the month or maybe even the next?

What effect does healing potion addiction have on your sexual prowess?

Should pregnant women take healing potion?

Speaking of RPG World does anyone remember Adventurers! as well?

Though that webcomic had a proper ending.

> Sluggy is ending
what? sez who?
> Zebra Girl is ending
He finally came back after years of pissmoaning. If he completed the story that'd be a good thing. im 0kay with this
> Sabrina kinda ended
ha ha no, he promised us an ending but he's just gone to Patreon. Dude is a furry lich.

You want me to blow your mind? Freefall is still chugging along at a steady pace,
and Superosity is still doing daily updates since March 1999

Buttlord Crush Saga. They bring back the Buttlord GT universe only stop making it in the middle.

>Sluggy is ending. Holy shit.
Nor anymore. He changed his mind and is going into a kind of a weird pay as you want non Patreon Patreon system with a looser update schedule.

like & said there's really nothing wrong with wanting to branch out but taking a schorched earth approach is not the best way to do it.

in hiimdaisy's case she could've still kept her parody comics as a side thing while also doing cucumber quest. neither of those were ever mutually exclusive.

in terms of personal happiness arin is a pretty terrible example.

sure he's basically successful DSP at this point (or at the very least one that never had hate groups ruin his life) but like all YT animators turned let's players you can tell he got tired of it really fast and doesn't really like videogames anymore.

he's practically dead inside.

The cliffhanger ending of little Orphan Annie was wrapped up in Dick Tracy.

I think Jim gave his blessing during a podcast

Order of the Stick.
That shit is never going to end at this rate.

Antics

All of them
but especially this

>Gone with the Blastwave died
April Fools!

I would quite literally cum in my pants if that happened.

So do you think OK K.O! Takes place in RPG World, or does Hero nkw just reside in OK K.O's world?

I mean, he finished the fire red won, but decided to continue with a BW sequel for some reason? A shame that the OG nuzlocke and other Nuzlocke comics I really liked were never finished.

Helvetica
Vibe
Abominable Charles Christopher
Paranatural chapter 5