Tfw getting sick of western comics and cartoons

>tfw getting sick of western comics and cartoons
I never thought this would happen hut here we are. I mostly blame the direction DC has been taking their IPs these past few years. Red Hood was the moment I questioned What I was reading

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/7eobd
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93312247/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94304539/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92822395/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93362982/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>DC

really?

The key to eternal comic happiness: don't read big two comics, dummy.

Do what I did, start reading indie shit, European comics, manga and start watching European cartoons, tokusatsu and anime.

I understand comics but why cartoons? Ok ko is pretty good, and theres going to be a bunch of nick revival movies of old shows, and some of them might get full series.

Yes really.
Reading through Jason's sound and quite reasonable argument about how Bruce is being an irrsopnsible idiot allowing the Joker to live all the while Bruce just keeps going "you just dont get it" seriously gave me an aneurysm and made me realize I should be devoting my finite free time ti something else

1 comic turned you off all of DC?

everything thats airing currently is just so awful.
Its either baby shows like the one you described or unfunny adult comedies

boy.all comics are as retarded as that example.
Batman refusing to kill the Joker after the.Redhood thing is just the worst offender

Welcome to eastern comincs and cartoons, and books nigger. It's good stuff.

what aboutWuxia novels are those any good

>Start watching Sentai a year ago
>Now literally all I watch is Kamen Rider
>Haven't even caught up with cartoons I used to watch
How did I end up like this?

Have you been watching Build, user?

>reading chink and gook stuff when there's perfectly good nip stuff
Not that I know of. The best chinese toon I've seen is Lucky Pie and that's westaboo shit. Web-toons are fucking cancer

Holy shit. The cutest pepe I have ever seen.

Kamen Rider's just good, man, well, most of the time it's okay to binge watch it.

My RabbitTank BCRS figure just arrived in the mail today

Also I've been watching TV Nihon subs since Ghost even though everyone says they're bad, I've never really seen a problem with them I just hate having to wait until Wednesday when I know a new episode came out last Saturday. And this week and the last it's been Thursday what is up with their schedule? I'm too stubborn to change to Over-Time or what have you though since I already watched the first four episodes TV-Nihon.

You mean when he killed Jason? He tried, Joker became the Iranian ambassador and got international immunity so Superman had to stop him, you should know this.

Did you preorder the figuarts? Shit was only $21.
Couldn't do it myself because I'm spending money on expensive anime figures that month.

Speaking of Kamen Rider, is anyone else losing their shit over the fact that they managed to get Gentarou back?

Wait, they did?

I'm really lazy with ordering Figuarts, I wanted to order the initial 3 Ex-Aid ones and ended up buying none of them. Is Dangerous Zombie out yet cause that's definitely my favorite design in the whole show.
I might just stick with the BCRS figures for Build because my Autism really loves mixing and matching shit.

You didn't hear?
streamable.com/7eobd

>Takeru without his hair dyed
That just ain't right

Neat. It's nice to have best boy back.
It's also nice that Eiji was freed from Pokéhell

Nobody likes Takeru, so it's fine.

He had a catching up date with Ankh's actor a few months ago too.
They shared a heart shaped dessert

Take the nostalgia glasses off and realize that shit before was as much shit, if not shittier, as it today.

So you just now read a comic from over ten years ago, and it's somehow turned you off the direction they're taking their comics now?

Or more likely, you watched the cartoon that it was made into seven years ago.

>it's not getting worse; you're getting older
This argument only works on people who haven't gone back and consumed media from before their time. It's completely fallacious and underhanded.

Anime is getting better despite being flooded with trash. Cartoons are getting worse. They had a peak like 5-10 years ago. The current compliment of cartoons airing is NOT an improvement.

>they had a peak during [time I was young enough to be impressionable and not cynical]
>definitely don't have nostalgia goggles on though

>appreciates other media from all of its eras and can talk objectively about it
>'nostalgia locked' on cartoons exclusively
You got me man. I guess anyone who thinks something has gotten worse is wrong and just getting cynical with age. It's actually impossible for something to deteriorate over time. Especially not something that you thought was good when you were younger

Also, lets say this nostalgia with is as prominent as you're making out. How young was one have to be for something to classify as 'when you were young and impressionable'. If you can't answer this definitively after what you've said I'll consider you a shit poster.

Not him, but it's true that cartoons had a peak in quality in the early 2000s up until 2010-12 and then everything went to shit
t. 90's kid.

>up until 2010-12
Western animation died in 2005.

Western animation died with the Great Action Cartoon Purge of the early 2010's, with shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Motorcity, Tron Uprising, GL:TAS, Sym-Bionic Titan, Avangers EMH, GI Joe Renegades and so on being canceled left and right to be replaced with shitty comedic shows, Cal Arts garbage and/or literally nothing with reruns of shitty shows filling their slot.

Early twenties. Also you have displayed absolutely zero evidence of your "ability to objectively judge media from different eras." You just said what's airing today was shit and then tooted your horn about liking old stuff, not taking into account the fact that Looney Tunes survived because it was good and Generic Animal Cartoon You've Never Heard of #32 didn't survive because it was bad.

>Spectacular Spider-Man, Motorcity, Tron Uprising, GL:TAS, Sym-Bionic Titan, Avangers EMH, GI Joe Renegades
Not one of those is good. Several (Motorcity and SBT in particular) are horribly overrated.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was the last great cartoon of the 2000s, and it came out in early 2005. By late 2005, the industry was already going downhill - and gaining speed.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes and G.I. Joe Renegades were good shit, I never saw any of the other stuff

Well, lookie here, boys, a pile of garbage that can type

These should link to

No they were not, not by 2000s standards.
What an amazing argument.

Yeah man, because you presented such strong arguments yourself. Like "none of these are good" because "they're overrated".
You sure are in a position to criticize anyone's arguments, yes sirree bob.

I wasn't making an argument, I was calling you garbage.

Well, at least I didn't just resort to an ad hom attack without actually naming a single cartoon.

Bojack Horseman and F is for Family are some good shows right now.

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

Nigger, if you present no arguments, don't expect anyone else to when replying to you. That's arguing 101.

Looks like you missed arguing 100: having an actual point.

Why have an actual point when you're """"arguing""" (protip, no one's arguing here) with a simpleton that'll just go "huh well any arguments you made is SHIT because I said so!", just like how you "'''criticized""" those shows?

>(protip, no one's arguing here)
refer to

Not an argument

No, it's an argument. And a very much valid one.

I was being informative. I was pointing out the information that you are a garbage person. Garbage normally can't type. It just sits in cans. It's astounding.

His point is two-fold: One, that your posts have been by and large devoid of any sort of substance and boil down to toothless bitching, and two, that the cartoons he likes were good, contrary to your remarks otherwise.

It's also bullshit.
There's no quality here, and there never will be.

No, it's not. It's just you copy-pasting a rule with no context. It's not an argument.

Goddamn if this post isn't the most I've laughed at something all day

Where is "here"?

Sup Forums

Man your taste is so godamn bad

Here's the list of the best cartoons ever made:
1. W.I.T.C.H. (2004)
2. Teen Titans (2003)
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
5. Megas XLR (2004)
6. Samurai Jack (2001)
7. Kim Possible (2002)
8. Duck Dodgers (2003)
9. The Batman (2004)
+ Gravity Falls (2012)

Now count how many cartoons on that list are not from the 2000s. That's right, there's just one

>1. W.I.T.C.H. (2004)
>2. Teen Titans (2003)
Aaaand your tastes are shit.

I watched most of them recently, several only this year.

Sure thing.

Fuck you, I've even documented some of my first watch thoughts in threads here (including for shows that turned out to be utter drivel):

GF: desuarchive.org/co/thread/93312247/
SDMI: desuarchive.org/co/thread/94304539/
SBT: desuarchive.org/co/thread/92822395/
OTGW: desuarchive.org/co/thread/93362982/

Holy fucking shit. This is sort of sad

Why the fuck do you just have those links on hand?

Actually forget on-hand, why do you have them at all?

Because I've posted them before? I don't really bother saving shit like that, since not all of us are incapable of using archives, like you seem to be.

What kind of heartless asshole doesn't even like Over the Garden Wall? Fuck, you are an artless shitbird. Why do you make blog posts on Sup Forums as if anyone cares what your opinions on any of those cartoons are? Not one person is here to read your breakdowns of cartoons they like.

>The animation is beautiful throughout the whole show, ridiculously so. The writing for the first 8 episodes is reminiscent of abstract art, or at least art that's extremely difficult to understand.

> extremely difficult to understand.

As if there was any doubt you only like simple shows that doesn't try to be different.
You like action shows, what's running right now are dramas and comedies.
Just wait till action is in again.

Bro, I can use an archive just fine, not all of us are egotistical enough to save every thread we make for future reference. Once a thread is done, it is dead and gone, consigned to the aether, lost forever in the sands of time, only a memory. Keeping the archive links around unless it's art or a storytime is just weird.

>What kind of heartless asshole doesn't even like Over the Garden Wall? Fuck, you are an artless shitbird.
>Why do you make blog posts on Sup Forums as if anyone cares what your opinions on any of those cartoons are? Not one person is here to read your breakdowns of cartoons they like.
I don't know what to say. I just don't know what to say.

Zero self-awareness, maybe?

>not all of us are egotistical enough to save every thread we make for future reference.
I just told you I don't do that. I remember enough keywords to be able to find a lot of the stuff I post on demand.

Saying your opinion is shit isn't the same as making a three-paragraph thread to jerk off to your tenth favorite cartoon.

And yet you took the time to point out one particular cartoon (one which the Sup Forumsnsensus has obviously brainwashed you into liking).

why dont you just read third party comics

>dude they are all SJW shit
there is no saving you

>People with different opionen than mine are brainwashed

If you think the shows in suck, or the shows in don't suck, you are probably brainwashed, yeah.

I just can't with you. I'm glad you're done with western media, wash your hands of it so you can leave Sup Forums and we'll never interact again. Skip on over to Sup Forums and read Naruto or something else like the Teen Titans show

Go make a youtube channel and review cartoons or some shit.
Then we can finally see someone with shittier opinions than Enter.

You have a backlog of 80+ years worth of content, come back and complain about being tired after you're done with that first. Just because something was made before you were born doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
Expand beyond your apparently limited horizons. Try smaller publishers, indies, foreign stuff. The world of comics and cartoons isn't all DC, Marvel, Cartoon Network and Netflix Originals.

>peak cartoons was 2007-2012
Bruh

You are such a dumbass. You actually thought I was OP?

How dare we not being able to tell the difference between one user and another!

Unfortunately those decades of content only got great for half a decade, at the beginning of the 2000s. Before then Sup Forums stuff was generally mediocre albeit nowhere near as bad as the shit literally shat out today.

>comics=capeshit
I hate when burgers do that, all those articles like "IS THIS THE END OF COMICS???" and then you click it and it's about capeshit, there's like millions of different comics out there other than capes, just pick something. You will never run out.

Other comics:
1. are not nearly as popular, even outside the US
2. have also been going to shit (then again, so has manga/anime for example)

Have you seen all of it, or are you just making a lazy generalisation based off a small sample of cheap American cartoons cherrypicked from a specific time period? Have you ever even sampled European let alone Soviet animation? Hell have you even watched older animated movies?

>Unfortunately those decades of content only got great for half a decade, at the beginning of the 2000s.
Are you blind, just generally ignorant or full on retarded user?

Are you really shitting on Tom and Jerry, Loony Toons, Dexter, and everything else before 9/11?

Are you seriously fucking insinuating capeshit is popular, let alone dominant outside the US? It was obvious you were a massive casual but holy shit dude.

>are not nearly as popular, even outside the US
And? The fuck does that matter?
>2. have also been going to shit (then again, so has manga/anime for example)
Do you have any evidence or a source besides your ass?

Yes, yes, and yes. And have found nothing better overall than these 00s US cartoons: (I'm not quite as dumb as Sup Forums clearly thinks I am.)

>Are you seriously fucking insinuating capeshit is popular, let alone dominant outside the US?
No. Read my post again.

Further fucking more absolutely nothing has devalued older comics. Go read them. Go read asterix. Tintin. Fucking Italian Donald duck. It's all available in dozens of languages.

I should have known it was you.

The witch comic is superior to the cartoon

Really? What gave it away?

Ah right, nothing did. I just told you. Oh Sup Forums.