So can the Amish vote? As I understand it, most states use electronic voting machines...

So can the Amish vote? As I understand it, most states use electronic voting machines. That sort of fucks the Amish from the get-go, right.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.com.co/amish-america-commit-vote-donald-trump-mathematically-guaranteeing-presidential-victory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

by mail

Ex amish here. Yes Amish can vote, if the polling station has electronic voting machines, you can request a ballot. It is required by law.

on a sidenote, most amish don't vote in the general election. However, this year they are voting in droves and are very zealous for Trump.

No. They don't pay federal taxes.

yes

Amish can use electronic devices, they just can't own them. Thus if you live near Amish people, they are a fucking pain in the ass trying to borrow your stuff.

Neither do niggers but they get to vote

Neither do most niggers

What makes them want to vote for trump? He's not exactly very similar to them in terms of social values

Why did you quit being Amish? Do you keep contact with your family? Do you feel like technology is degenerating society?

Simple, he's not a criminal and hasn't lied to the American people. That is the number 1 reason.

Several other reasons
>Promotes Law and Order.

Amish (from my area at least) are often victims of niggers, easy targets since it is harder for amish to file police reports.

>Economy will improve.

Amish are strictly cash based economy. Most of their income is from selling craftsman items. If the economy is poor, no one is going to spend extra $ for good amish product but will go to walmart instead.

Those are the top 3 reasons. Pro Life is up there as well.

Amish are not a perfect society by a long shot. My ungle was found to have raped his daughter, with his son (at the same time). The community (several large families living in the same area) did not do anything to the men, rather blamed the daughter. My father, brothers and I did not see this as right. We confronted the elders and family and were threatened to be shunned if we didn't stop our pestering. My brothers and I burned down our uncles house and skipped town.

We are in good relationship with my parents, they "disowned" us so they could stay in the community. We send them money and often pay for them to visit us outside of town.

>My brothers and I burned down our uncles house and skipped town.
I want to believe

most people still vote by paper ballots you pasta nigger

I would show you a photo but I didn't own a camera at the time...

You did good

you did the right thing user

Actually, it's primarily due to estate tax. Don't listen to my other brothers ITT.

This is a good thread, and I appreciate it.

Good Job user.
Enjoy the rest of your life.

So which life do you prefer? Amish or typical? What is your occupation now?

Welp, PA confirmed red

They just don't pay or collect social security.

The Amish use electronics, just not in their communities.

>on a sidenote, most amish don't vote in the general election. However, this year they are voting in droves and are very zealous for Trump.

whose ass did you pull that out of?

Yea a lot of them live in modern houses that they rent because zoning laws won't let them live in utter squalor.

I prefer the english life (non amish). I can live closely to amish without all the restriction. My brothers and I split our savings on a piece of land and each of us built a house on the edges of the property. We farm the land together and still enjoy rural living. I was able to go to college so that I what I am doing now, graduate in May.

I am from western Kentucky but have ..had..many cousins from Pennsylvania. I believe it is going red as well.

the same ass that nate francium keeps pulling the blue texas polls out of

>good amish product
I hung out with some Mennonites for a week one time and we went to the Amish market and it was literally worse than a European gypsy market. Third-rate second-hand garbage for crazy prices. Nothing hand made at all. Willing to believe I just caught a bad batch of Amish, but the Mennonite kids seemed to believe that was par for course for them.

Mennos and Amish don't really get along so they probably took you to a shit amish community lol. It is like everything else, you have some bad apples in the community but I would say it is rare. My area was good at cabinets, doughnuts, and rocking chairs. Our leather goods and jerky wasnt good though

I don't think you are ex Amish. Amish people can use electricity but they can not own them. They build our new barns and they can use electric tools. Some they don't own the ballot they can use them

>assuming all amish are the same

Our community didn't use electricity but had gasoline powered machines. We also would let people drive us. All our barn and home building is done with hand tools.

Your former folks have amazing choirs. The best I've ever heard to this day. Like angels.

>Katie Szeliga
I forget some Amish people are in Maryland too

To be sure, English, when I vote, 'twill be fah Trump!

Tha hillary... sure is a cunt, in mah estimation!

How hard would it be for somebody to abandon contemporary society and become a part of an Amish community?

Lots of Amish are not as hardcore as the media portrays. Plenty around here may not have electricity in their home but have no problem shopping in modern grocery stores, driving trucks, ect. Tv and movies make it seem like Amish will melt like the guy in Indiana Jones and the last crusade if they touch artifical light or an iPad

Paper ballots here in AZ. Voted Trump last week.

Joining the community by not being born into it is rather hard. Amish are faith based and literally every thing they do is driven from their faith. You would first have to show how much you are willing to give up or change for Christ. All the other changes are really just technicalities.

>You would first have to show how much you are willing to give up or change for Christ.
I mean in what regard? That's a very vague way to put it.

Honestly I'm at the point in life I want to give everything up right now.

I'll probably end up getting a farm of my own eventually, but it's a thought I've entertained. I don't care about using the internet, I enjoy working hard, and I enjoy helping the community. The thing is the latter two aren't appreciated in society now.

abcnews.com.co/amish-america-commit-vote-donald-trump-mathematically-guaranteeing-presidential-victory/