Do people just not like this or is it actually supposed to be bad? All the main characters are done well...

Do people just not like this or is it actually supposed to be bad? All the main characters are done well, down to the voices. The art style is pretty good even with the stupid thick lines and their really aren't that many bad episodes.
Sure it's not great but I've never seen anything but people shitting on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/review_comments.php?id=775
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's an enjoyable show but it's definitely not Looney Tunes

Trying to update the comedy by turning it into more of a sitcom did not go over well with quite a few people.

It's nowhere near as good as Looney Tunes sure, but it's also nothing like Looney Tunes. Even in borrowing so many elements, it feels less like aping off a classic and more like a tribute.

I can imagine someone saying "Why would I watch mediocre Justice League Action when there are five good seasons of JL/JLU?" but that hardly applies here.

Its impossible replicate old LT today (see the mediocre Wabbit).

This show was a fun and original mode of use them.

That's basically what I'm trying to say.
It does its own thing and it does it well, but it isn't the same. People just get autistic when something is different from the original.
>Its impossible replicate old LT today (see the mediocre Wabbit).
I'm not entirely sure if it's IMPOSSIBLE to replicate Looney Tunes, but it would definitely take a lot more effort and creativity than Wabbit.

>Its impossible
no you just need people with talent

Giving Lola and whatever the female Daffy was called normal voices was a bad decision.

They made a Seinfield out of show that is mainly known for slapstick.

Now, I know, I know, it's a dumb thing to say, Looney Tunes is not just a slapstick, but most people just remember Duffy Duck getting whacked instead of Buggs or getting whacked in general.

This is literally a Brokeback Mountain if it was a sitcom set in suburban area and they were transvestites. And I love it

It's not impossible, it's just that modern writing sensibilities are far more comfortable with dialogue based humour than slapstick.

*ahem*

why is bugsxdaffy so wrong but so right?

I've always loved this show, I don't care what people here say. It went away too soon.

The show needed time to find its footing but I started to like it quite a bit around episode five or six.

lola isn't really done well
why not try to expand on what little personality was given rather than completely rewrite the character? hell, if they gave her Tina's personality then she could've easily been the original Lola

instead, she's just the fucking voice actress as a bunny

It's not impossible. We just need to black list every modern day politically correct piece of shit. To quote Porky in Looney Tunes Back in Action:

"I hate being politically correct."

And that's why Looney Tunes cannot work in the modern climate. The culture is filled with these losers, these weak lame shitty PC drones male and female alike. You need to force change down their throat. If they resist? Keep on spamming it against their will for years until they stop being PC. And if that fails take solace that you would have at least affected their offspring into not being PC.

That's all you need. A bit of nerve goes a long way, but sadly America is after all a Ball-Less civilization and will need to collapse before the culture can positively change.

>why not try to expand on what little personality was given
Because that little personality was shit

isn't that why you try to expand on it to add some depth?

Still wasn't nearly as slapstick focused as classic Looney Tunes.

also new personality's shit too
she's just female daffy with the added fact that she's a stalker

Don't forget Lola STILL avoids slapstick happening to her. I don't count the ONE incident of she breaking her leg because it was just a glitch in the system. Typically the routine was Lola did something scatter brained and it negatively impacted those around her, never her.

Relevant:
>Part of that, though, is a sea change in what audiences expect from comedy in general these days. While still funny today, contemporary audiences just don't respond as well to completely anarchic slapstick as they used to (look at the responses to latter day Family Guy or the surfeit of dead baby gag comedy that's on the airwaves these days and compare to shows that tried for something more like Futurama). There's been a general trend over the years toward greater genre integration and less speciation. People like their comedy to have plot, their drama to have comedy, their action to have a bit of highbrow, their science fiction to be a bit more grounded in reality. I think, as such, Duck Dodgers did a masterful job straddling this fence. It's just too bad that it didn't get more exposure back when it was on the air. Now, if only they'd put this series on DVD...

>But I think it's inarguable that this is, by far, the best attempt at a revival since the late 60's Dork Age.

Also:
>There were more plainly visible jokes in a Looney Tunes cartoon. Dodgers thrives less on jokes than on genre in-jokes, parodies, and references.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/review_comments.php?id=775

It was good

Its the same people that hate the new Mickey Mouse cartoons on youtube, its people who can only see the characters one way and anything else is a step down, even if it is objectively absolutely fine.

I like it. But it does feel a bit like a show from that time where a lot of shows tried to be basically The Simpsons. But still, I thought it was entertaining. They even managed to make Lola funny!

I enjoyed it. Actually had well written jokes and it was a fresh take on the LT characters after decades of stagnation.

>That Lola
Personality is fine should have kept the old design. The only argument I ever see against it is that it looks too attractive. Like that's a crime or something. She was perfectly in line with the other characters even with a slightly unique look and they took that away just to make a point. A point I happen to disagree with.

Besides that, I don't know. It's not a bad show. I only saw a few episodes but it seems okay. Doesn't really remind me of Looney Tunes. It seems more like a wackier Seinfeld.

What was the show called? Never seen it and want to give it a chance

klace, is that you?

so she's Daffy without one of his funniest aspects, then

okay gramps

but new Lola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>old Lola

The Looney Toons Show

>implying that's bad
Lola was invented for fanservice - I think - and had no real purpose being in the Looney Tunes. Nu Lola is perfect as a LT character.