Nintendo ARMS Comics Coming In 2018

>Earlier this year, Nintendo released ARMS™, a fighting game exclusive to Nintendo Switch™. Today, ahead of New York Comic Con and The Nintendo World Championships 2017, Dark Horse is excited to announce a new publishing program for the energetic and strategic fighting game.

>The latest installment in Dark Horse and Nintendo’s partnership, ARMS is preceded by The Legend of Zelda™: Hyrule Historia, The Legend of Zelda™: Art & Artifacts, The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening, and The Art of Splatoon™.

>ARMS™ is a revolutionary fighting experience for all ages and skill levels. Utilizing Joy-Con™ motion controls, players can throw punches and guide them midflight to hit agile fighters, avoid incoming attacks with dashes, or trampoline high into the air to rain down fists from above. Players can select from a colorful cast of fighting champions and try to win the coveted championship belt in the ARMS Grand Prix.

>Dark Horse will publish the first of the ARMS graphic novels in Fall 2018.

newsarama.com/36734-nintendo-arms-comics-coming-in-2018.html

we Sup Forums now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DS-Ja0G4p3Q&index=15&list=PLFwObPlg7Y1p-7C6LTTfiJMIvNJ2y-h0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a little disapointed it's not from japan but am still hype.

I hope the storyline involves rape

But how lewd will it be?

Nice.
Still gotta get myself a Switch and a Copy of Arms

Japans got a gag manga going on in Corocoro much like Splatoon Which is getting a net animation

which is just a short gag cartoon just like the comic. it's shit

Nah I found the Splatoon Gag manga pretty alright.

Didn't this game flop. Why is it getting 2 comics

It did really well actually.

Sold 1.2 million in the first two weeks.
Who knows how much it sold now. It's a success though. Don't listen to Sup Forums

> still no hentai where twintelle holds someone down with her arms and raped them
She's even strong enough to do it with her hair arms I mean have you seen how much she lifts?

>boxers with creepy fucking spring arms

So what are they robots or something?

It didn't flop, it got a pretty good reception. It's not a smash hit like Splatoon was, but it has a following.

Nobody knows and it doesn't matter

It's a mutant gene that can randomly occur. The gene is actually really horrible because usually ur arms end up long and limp with no proper joints so the brain can't control them well. So a company developed masks that main stream the control into spring like actions as well as being able to retract into a regular arm shape.

So it's Junji Ito's Uzumaki- Fighting Game Edition?

Mutants. The Japanese ARMS Twitter account goes full deepest lore. Most people who have the ARMS gene wake up one day and have spring arms. They all wear masks that help control them, and they can even constrict them to a normal arm shape. The company that developed the masks are shady as fuck though. Also the character Kid Cobra was apparently born with the ability and isn't a registered mask user. He has cloths that completely hide what he looks like, but he may be a hideous snake monster underneath.

Sure just less creepy but with some shady things happening in the back ground.
Expecially with a scientist named doctor C who is reposibke for releasing some super experiment by accident but did jack shit to capture it because he's a whimsical research fanatic

Isn't the game just about bunch of athletes competing in a sporting event?

What would a comic even be about?

Think Ultimate Muscle

Sports.

That's cool as fuck. And since it is darkhorse, we will actually grt aome official English lore stuff instead of having to translate the Twitter posts.

This

>Those legs on Ribbon Girl
I like this art

*get some
Fucking phoneposting, fucking shit keyboard, fuck.

Also, here is hoping for some cute Mechanica things along with cool lore.

Master mummy looking more pissed than usual.

Can we talk about ho, in canon, all attempts to understand what the fuck ARMS even are are "Thwarted by an Invisible force"?

Litterally god of ARMS

WOOOO OOO OO O OOOO OO O
youtube.com/watch?v=DS-Ja0G4p3Q&index=15&list=PLFwObPlg7Y1p-7C6LTTfiJMIvNJ2y-h0A

REV UP THOSE HONKS

I like lola

>Lola Pop in the super serious Dark Horse style
That's gonna be a mess

I liked the part where she said
WOHOOOOOOOO

Post yfw Dr C gets revealed in the comics, and gets added to the game the next day.

>mechanica's skintight suit in dark horse style

MUH

I look forward to it

My Noodle Waifu is guaranteed zero panel time

>Nintendo listens to what I've been saying about publishing original comics through Dark Horse
>their first one is fucking ARMS

Arms has a lot of untapped lore.

>Nintendo is actually being loose and fair with their properties
>Nintendo is actually taking steps in making their console worth shit
Well hit my dick, Nintendo is actually improving. I never thought I'd see the day

I'm sure, but they still need to get original Metroid and Zelda comics going that aren't bad manga.

Same user. Next week when my paycheck hits

I am, and I'm quite happy about that!

They probably want to test the waters with a not-as-big franchise for western creators to try out on first.

Does this mean ARMS would get a cartoon instead of an anime?

>ARMS cartoon animated by the Cuphead crew

That's crazy enough to work

Don't know if I would like that. I need some impact behind these punches

It wasn't a smash hit like Splatoon, but still outsold games like SFV.

It's selling about the same as Splatoon 1

We are out of luck in the US, then, sadly. Maybe Madhouse in Japan?

Could always out source it. Like get studio mir

Could be cool, but only if they try to emulate the old Tezuka/Ishinomori style ARMS is based on. Shit, just imagine an ARMS anime or manga done by Tezuka himself. Too cool.

My boy Spring-a-Ling is getting a comic? Nice. More Twintelle lewds when?

>more kid cobra
PLEASE
L
E
A
S
E

Hoping my girl Lola gets a good amount of attention in it.

Hoping that /bestboy/ gets lots of screen time.

Is it going to be a constant tournament arc with the Grand Prix or a storyline with Headlok?

Fall 2018 ? Talk about missing the hype train...

>Western artists in charge of Japanese properties
Get ready for overly detailed manfaces and shitty fight scenes

its a koreon

Why not go to a jap company for this?
Do they think it wouldn't sell in japan?

I haven't played in a while. Is lola out yet?

She's been out since mid September, bro. Super fun character IMO.

>this ASS in a graphic novel
fuck yeah

I want them to try another Mario cartoon

How about some comics for Metroid Nintendo, you bastards!

Metroid has nothing to work with, unless you want an Other M continuation.

Because they're trying out licensing to western companies again and they're already familiar with Dark Horse.

>that aren't bad manga.
you wot m8

I was shocked at first but this is actually pretty rad!

this might be off-topic, but, remember that one time Punch-out got its own comic series?

its bizarre things like this that keep me going.

No wonder glass joe loses every fight.
his diet consist of carbs and caffeine

>Archie will never get the rights to make Nintendo comics
>sonic gets taken away from them
>now this
Pure suffering

>Archie will never get the rights to make Nintendo comics
Good. Dark Horse >>>>>>>< Archie

Archie blows tho

im genuinely surprised this this happening.

post vampire enid sucking blood

THICC
anyways, im glad they're doing more with this ip
the game is a lot of fun but it really was missing some story, so we'll at least get our fill this way

I hope this leads to stuff like Mario or metroid getting comics in the future. I know its a pipe dream but I really want modern comics of various nintendo properties, and arms is a good place to start I guess.

Fossil Fighters even had its own comic when it came out.

I honestly feel like Mario comics should be no more than a 4 panel joke

>Character that 1/4 of the user base mains
>totally won't show up

Yes, because the way I see it the world works to spite me with minor inconveniences and disappointments. That's gods grand plan. The universes grand plan is that when I die and go to paradise, they'll have a slightly worse cut of Blazing Saddles and sloppy Joes won't taste quite how I remember.

Pessimists don't go to heaven

It got a good reception, sold really well at launch, is still selling and still getting balance and content updates. Just because a game isn't talked about 24/7 on Sup Forums doesn't mean that it flopped.

I want them to do that to with a slightly modified Jump up Super Star as the opening theme.

I can't wait to see more of my scalie husbando

Art was fine but the story was Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So canonically is ARMS a sport that requires you to amputate your arms and replace them with spring limbs or are the competitors just already double amputees

muties