Action show

>action show
>action is not good

why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaR8KO4VFPM&t=1141s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>action show

No it isn't. It's a show that sometime has action in it.

Gravity? Who needs it?

>shitty show
>the show is shit
Seems pretty consistent to me.

Turns out social justice warriors aren't good at animating warriors

it's not an action show

>Steven Universe
>action show

Not posting the completed version

>when fan animations have 100 times more quality than your shitty show made by people with the animation abilities of a middle schooler

I thought the animation was done by a Korean animation studio?

said a million times before, this guy owns an animation studio. He did work on Castlevania, recently.

The most amazingly annoying thing about the show and it's fanbase is that any cricism is usually whisked away with the 'they're OP aliens'.
>Character acts like a sociopath and is rewarded for it?
They don't know any better because they're gems
>Fight scenes lack gravity
They can float and don't need no physics because they're gems
>Characters are ridiculously op
They're gems and only feelings are important
>Characters spend so much time on earth/protecting it but barely care about it or only do out of obligation to one character
They're gems and aliens and don't know any better

Seriously it's so dumb and kinda ingenious at the same time. It's a low effort get out of jail free card.

It should have been

>All these people claiming SU isn't an action show
>Despite so many episodes focusing on action.
People will find any excuse

That guy has his own animation studio, and is a pro. Rebecca had no say in who was gonna animate her show, CN handles that, and sadly they gave her cheap Korean animators.

Steven universe isn't an action show. It's just a show with action in it

Teen Titans Go has episodes that focus on action but no one would accuse THAT of being an action show

The gem race are glass cannons, they can be taken out with any sharp object.

Well, humans can also be taken by sharp objects....

At least the human still has a chance to fight back, but a gem? They explode into a smoke cloud and turn into a rock completely defenseless. Also with a human target you have to actively aim for a vital spot, but for a gem target you don't have to aim for any certain spot, just one poke and they're done.

>Turns out social justice warriors aren't good at animating warriors
why did this make me laugh so fucking hard yo

She is still 100% responsible for the storyboards and fight choreography of the action scenes, which are shit.

That's fair, and I agree. Just wanted to point out the animation is not the SU crew's doing

>one poke

They had swords and a large metal spike jammed through their torsos by other gems (or the equivalent) with superhuman strength. Pretty much everything we've seen poof a gem would outright kill a human, at best they might be able to squeeze one last action like hitting a detonator, but they wouldn't be putting up a fight with wounds like that.

I'm not saying that a human is stronger or more durable than a gem, that was never the focal point, the point was that gems (at least non-diamond single gem gems) are not OP. The force needed to pierce a gem is still unclear, put I highly doubt that Holo-Pearl put a lot of force into it's thrust. My point was that so far a gem has never tanked getting stabbed, and that's their flaw hence why I called them glass cannons. You brought humans into this for whatever reason.

BECAUSE UNDERBUDGETED OUTSOURCED ANIMATION TO A THIRD WORLD SHITHOLE

"Dies when stabbed" doesn't make something a glass cannon, its not like they're poofing from kitchen mishaps. Glass cannon is a term for something that can do a lot of damage but is comparatively very fragile, that might apply to Lapis but not gems in general.

Humans are relevant because they're the only baseline we have for measuring strength and fragility. Just what are you comparing them with to think "can't handle impalement" qualifies as some unusual crippling weakness?

Don't blame the Koreans on this one. They're just following the shitty Starbucks coffee-stained scribbles they're given by the SU staff.

>Just what are you comparing them with to think "can't handle impalement" qualifies as some unusual crippling weakness?

Jasper has tanked being thrown into the Hand Ship's core after her fight with Garnet, on top of the fact that the ship exploded and she had no protection from it. But somehow Peridot's crappy metal bending was able to one-shot Jasper? Come on user, you can't give these gems these amazing feats, and have their defeat be something like that. It doesn't add up.

>Humans are relevant because they're the only baseline we have for measuring strength and fragility.

That's because you are comparing Gems vs Humans. If a human stabbed another human in a non vital spot in a fight setting, due to adrenaline they won't even feel it until after the fight. Now if a gem stabbed another gem in the same spot that's game set no matter what.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Rose use humans to fight in one of the gem wars? Trained humans must be some threat to gems if Rose was desperate enough to use them.

Those were knights! Possibly pink undead knights!

>They're gems
>They're gems
>They're gems
>They're gems

But when you go
>So, they're not girls, they're whatever you want because they're gems
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Was this the only decent fight in the whole show that lacked the floaty bullshit?

>Those were knights! Possibly pink undead knights!
>Possibly
We don't do "Possibly" in debates user I want facts, but I'll play along.
Then where are they now? And even if that was the case, I don't remember that power giving them enhanced strength, so they still had the strength of a regular human.

They're conviently whatever people want them to be. OP? Women? Asexual? Rocks? Magic?

They are convinience through ambiguity: the race

The more that I think about it, the more I realise the knights are long gone. Or else their armours wouldn't be in Rose Quartz's secret armoury.

Yes, so when other say they're whatever you want, people should agree and shut up. Going like spastic frogs is something that made me stop enjoying SU

On top of the fact that Pearl calls the armor set "The Armor of the Fallen" kinda proved that Rose didn't bring them back or couldn't.

Is it an action show?

youtube.com/watch?v=IaR8KO4VFPM&t=1141s

Yeah, stabbing is the most effective method we've seen, but that still doesn't make them glass cannons. It takes more than having a weakness for that term to fit. You wouldn't call some bullshit strong depiction of a vampire a glass cannon just because some things can still hurt them.

And we've never actually gotten confirmation that humans fought in the rebellion. They have sets of human armor called the "armor of the fallen", but we know they tried using gem shards to animate objects at one point, it could be referring to them. It should be safe to assume humans participated in a global conflict, but this show can be weird about humans getting involved with gem stuff.

Honestly I stopped giving a shit about this show after the way they resolved the Cluster and Malachite arcs, and they did it in the same damn episode. All that build up about the Cluster and Malachite and both were taken care of so quickly.

It's not an action show it's a draaaaaaaaamedyyyy-slice of life with cooooooomedic inclinations
What does that mean? Nothing, it's a nothing show without a show runner wher writers can make wathever as long as it doesn't involve lapis and petridot dating, last person who tried that ended up quitting because a cartoon ship is more important than a paying job

I'll admit my use of "glass cannon" may have been exaggerated, but I still stand by the fact that they're not OP.

Rose had to of used human soldiers, there's no way that Rose, Garnet, and Pearl with some sloppy reanimated suits of armor was gonna hold off White Diamond and her troops, I just refuse to believe that.

>Adventure Show
>Adventures are few and far between, never seem to go anywhere meaningful, and usually have anticlimactic resolutions
>Slice of Life
>The Characters are uninteresting and unendearing, and their lives are too boring, even for the mundane
>Drama
>The drama plots are hackneyed soap opera-tier trite, and the Characters never actually grow from the drama as those flaws and trials they are supposed to over come either never get solved, or are just brought back arbitrarily
>Lore based show
>The Lore is made up as they go along and ends up being contradictory or just plain stupid
Steven Universe tried to be everything, but only succeeded at being nothing.

I fucking hate Zuke.

>comparatively very fragile, that might apply to Lapis but
Lapis is the strongest gem. Do you even know how much strength it takes to survive an abusive relationship and still be able to trust others?

I thought it was Lapis abusing Jasper.

incompetence

I'll give you Malachite, but the cluster was introduced and resolved in the span of about 10 episodes. To compare, it took around 25 episodes to resolve Ocean Gem with Jailbreak, and about 25 more to go from there to Watermelon Island.

People tricked themselves into thinking the cluster was a bigger deal than it was ever really going to be because of the bigger scale, the drill being a backdrop for episodes, and months of hiatus to spend speculating and inflating their expectations. What did you expect, a multi-episode boss fight? For the planet to actually blow up?

It's not JUST an action show, but the fight scenes are still shit.

>Malachite's debut
She defeats herself, her debut was just hype for her next appearance, and what was her next real appearance?
>Malachite's next appearance
She's defeated, and her defeat wasn't even satisfying she was beating the shit out of a 4 gem fusion, that's sad.

The Cluster was a planetary level threat, and you expected people not to make a big deal out of it? And how did they beat it? Just bubble yourself Cluster forget about your dream of forming just stay here in our planet forever.

Both arcs resolved horribly and left a terrible taste in my mouth, I still watch the show when it comes on, but I lost all hype for this show, Steven Universe overrated.

Don't forget it wasn't just them, they did have a gem army when the war was in full swing. They just got caught in the corruption nuke.

Who allowed this? Who looked at this and thought it was okay?

Are you implying that the corrupted gems were fighting side by side with the Crystal Gems? I highly doubt that. Even if the corrupted gems were even apart of that war (They weren't even mentioned) they would have been a neutral party attacking both sides.

Why should they care about Earth? Contrary to Rose's preaching, it is not the be-all and end-all of life in the universe.

I think you got the timeline messed up.
The war caused by Pink Diamond's death Rose did have her full troops, but were wipe out by the nuke. I don't even think humans existed during that war.
The White Diamond war some time after that because humans were around, and it was still just Rose, Garnet and Pearl.

Wait Human's did exist during that war I messed up, Pink Diamond had a Human Zoo. My bad, disregard the human stuff.

Like I said, I agree about Malachite. But the cluster being a planetary level threat is exactly why it couldn't be a big deal. It was an empty threat, they couldn't possibly fight it because they didn't have that kind of firepower, and it couldn't fight to begin with because manifesting would blow up the planet. The resolution was either going to be a drillbortion, somehow warping it out of the planet, or putting it on ice which is what they went with.

No, I'm saying Rose, Garnet, and Pearl weren't the only CGs during the war, just the remnants of a proper army. I brought up the nuke because if you forgot the CGs had an army I figured you forgot about the reason they lost the army too.

The war was only 6k years ago, of course humans existed. And there was only one war. PD got shanked at some point during it, we don't know if it was the beginning or end, and eventually the diamonds dropped the nuke, ending the war. There wasn't any CG-HW conflict after that until Peridot arrived.

Just because they had limited options for resolving the Cluster doesn't give them an excuse for it being bad. A bad arc, is a bad arc.

That's not very good to begin with though

CN calls it an action comedy

That's why I said decent.

There's no such thing as action shows on television anymore you goddamned baffoon.

You got a YouTube clip of that?
Cause I'm fairly sure the maker of that gif slowed it down to make it look worse.

they aren't any kind of warriors. They're just gay nerds.

I like how they actually use a glass cannon in the first episode.

>why should they care? It's one in a million

As much as I agree with your sentiment
It's kinda hard to care in a plot sense about the earth if the main characters besides Steven don't care about the earth.Or otherwise root for characters who, despite the way the show frames how much they believe in it, fight for a cause they don't believe in.

>muh humans

Except for Greg and Connie, they're useless/or unlikable. Honestly most people don't care about the humans at all.

Welsh longbowmen could destroy a platoon of gem soldiers. Therefore, as fictional space warriors go, they're pretty squishy.

Humans holding rocket launchers could be a glass cannon. Even shitty gems can punch rocks apart but poof to a sword thrust.

>didn't Rose use humans to fight in one of the gem wars?
That would be cool, and while Pearl hung out with knights and items like "armor of the fallen" are kicking around... we just don't know. Maybe? But I feel like that would have disabused the diamonds of the notion that we're well behaved animalss.

Steven Universe is 90% slice of life 10% adventure fantasy.

Out of the combined 15 seconds of good animation this show has, 10 were made by a jap invited animator.

>40 minutes of some autist speaking
We already know the show has so much missed potential it's borderline hilarious faggot, please stop shilling your shit video here

Because after Sugar got the taste of the good life (actually having her cartoon become popular and be aired) she decided to milk the series for all its worse and changes it from a fantasy adventure genre to a slice of life cartoon with the second seasons stretched over like five.

Then surprise surprise the show becomes immensely impopular with anyone but tumblr and so doesn't get aired.

Also the animation has always been Cal arts shit but probably much worse now because the animators have had to endure numerous hiatus breaks