Do the best cartoons really come from Japan?

Do the best cartoons really come from Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw
youtube.com/watch?v=BNZyvA1yQzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im not sure what youre implying

>tfw season 2 never

Are you really?

I never got the interest. It was alright, but a 7/10 at best.

7 years and still never

Never give up hope

FUCK OFF TO !

No

>cartoon

What's wrong?

Western animation is only better at movies, but even then we are currently getting shit like Ninjago and the emoji movie recently.

In a way yes. The best American cartoons from the 80s and 90s were animated there.

(And no, I'm NOT the TMS guy.)

reported
weebshit

Japan does have one thing going for them They're not a bunch of prudes

Wtf? Mobile Sup Forums can't do text spoiler tags?

Sup Forums hates trigger anime so they force it to here, just deal with it. This is the only anime that gets talked about on Sup Forums on an anime website

yes

Who is best girl though?

The thicc one

tfw it was an obvious joke ending and faggots still are complaining about no season 2

Panty all the way

Shit taste

if so good why no season 2?

Scanty

Stocking

Because the creator left his product to make his own studio. The last time someone did that to Gainax (Evangelion's creator) they ended up suing them for intellectual rights so they don't want to risk something like that again

>Because the creator was ashamed of his own show.
Oh okay.

Garter

Nah he went on to produce the highest production value known to animation

youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw

You're right, this is leagues better than p&s

>I never watched past the credits so i never saw the ending scene that everyone's complaining about
>I'm too lazy to go back and watch the endig scene
Haha fuck you all

The season 1 cliffhanger got resolved in a comic book sold at the last two comikets though.

They all left because Gainax was being run in the fucking ground by its president, who was embezzling money. Anno sued not because of IP but because Gainax owed him a shitton of money (and Gainax gave Anno all Eva rights as a compromise to delay settling their debt). The situation with P&S may be a little different, as we don't know if Gainax also owes the Trigger guys money.

>Ever skipping Panty and Stocking credits
Nigga, it's one of the best credits song of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=BNZyvA1yQzw

>powerpoint presentations
>"""animation"""

Mostly, yes. They definitely have the best animated films.
Unfortunately, they also have some of the most vapid, pandering, tasteless and outright godawful shows imaginable. The amount of trite garbage that comes out on a seasonal basis is depressing.

Kneesocks

I really don't understand why my thread about Split got removed, but this one didn't. At least Split was about comic books.

>This is the only anime that gets talked about on Sup Forums
I see you're new, but let me correct you.
>Naruto
>Dragon Ball Z
>Digimon
All more prevalent than P&S.

Both Japanese and American/Canadian cultures have parts that make their stuff good and some that make it bad. There's excellent stuff from both, but also a shitload of crap.

/thread

Childhood is idolising Stocking
Adulthood is realising that Panty makes more sense

The U.S. hasn't animated a cartoon since when, the 1900s? Anyway yeah, almost any "American" cartoon probably has more non-americans working on it.

>The amount of trite garbage that comes out on a seasonal basis is depressing

I consider that better than getting stuck with 15 shows a year, most of them would go into a stupid hiatus or outright suck balls.

At least with Anime I get to choose from 40+ titles, most are shit Isekai garbage, but some have enough gimmicks to keep me entertained.

Cartoons demand way too much commitment for your entertainment and as a result the fandoms go bad real fast so not even fancontent creations feel entertaining unless you go balls deep down the rabbit hole.

Meanwhile I know that even if 39 out of 40 shows sucked in anime I can watch 1 weekly for about a month and get some entertainment out of it while the next season comes and I'll get to choose from other 40 shows to see if they appeal to me.

Niche marketing instead of broad appeal keeps Anime interesting.

No they come from down unda

This. It's one of the very few countries in the world with a population large enough to sustain it's own animation industry and it's wasted on uncreative shit that panders to lonely men who want to fuck highschoolers. I'm not sure any studio over there, other than Ghibli, has consistently made movies or shows that aren't full of horrible, tasteless shit. Even Little Witch Academia, which feels like a kids movie and has all these positive messages about friendship and determination, has plenty of upskirt shots of teenagers. Anime has so much potential but it sucks because anime is made by anime fans.

Kneesocks no contest

She had the best swimsuit too

Wait, little witch academia has upskirt shots? I didnt see that in the netflix

japan doesn't even make the best animes

You have great taste

That's the problem with western audiences, they are too fucking prude and get mad at literally nothing.

LWA has short skirts and some dynamic shoots done from below but they never ogled on the girls for too long or did male gaze.

That guy is full of shit.

I don't think anyone will deny that on a technical level nips do and have outdone everyone in traditional animation except maybe the very largest american studios.

On the other hand something like the amazing world of gumball could never have been made in japan, because innovation is not their strongest area and I'd much rather watch an episode of TAWOG than a random episode of a glorified mobage advertisement.

Sauce?

It's not much of an argument. Westrern studios can BTFO anime but there is no real market for it in the west so no money, no quality. Even Walt "the Mouse" Disney wanted to do great art animation but he had to be reined in since in the western market his movies nearly bankrupted his company. The 50's relegated cartoons to the 10 and under crowd and only starting around gen X did they start to somwhat be considered acceptable to older audiences. Also cartoonists in asia are ok with slave wages but in the west if you don't offer a wage above "poverty line" your not going to get a work force.

I still find it funny that Drawn Together inadvertently inspired this show.

It's somewhat true, specially if you include Europe, the Frogs and the Bongs being very good with animation

this better not be gay shit.

Doukyuusei

it's not

you lying faggot.

there goes my boner.

Don't hold down your desires!

>somehow the less revealing one with more meat on her bones is the childhood option
Nigga, you don't know shit

>boner
Naughty boy with naughtier thoughts than you want to admit

No one talks about ren and stimpy in the anime

Knowledge is knowing Panty is best girl.

Wisdom is knowing Scanty is best woman.

Still mad

Kneesocks goddamn

This is based on one of Asumiko Nakamura's mangas right? Love her stuff I should watch this.

Yep, I should rewatch it one of these days, it's the best BL anime imo.

I want more western style animes.

Try Luluco it's best to go into it with basic knowledge of all Trigger animes but you can watch it without seeing them.

Why can't Japan do this?

>incoming b$

but that's quite impressive for such a cancerous franchise

>Sees spoiler
>Woah that's pretty h-

>two guys

Damn it. Just when I was getting into it. If I squint the orange one looks like a grill...maybe? Fuck my life.

Panty & Stocking was more Sup Forums than most Sup Forums thread topics.

Aside from providing fap fodder and some hyper-energy fight scenes, no not really. It's a sight to behold but it isn't a very good "cartoon." The humor just isn't up to task.

>The humor just isn't up to task.
Well thank goodness we have you as the final arbiter of what's funny, user.

You're really going to sit there and deny it?

Aside from some (probably) unintentional funny "WHAT DU FAK" engrish, it just isn't very funny. High energy, sure. But funny?

>Sup Forums hates trigger anime
So why the fuck do they felate the shotty lwa anime so much.
It's a step down from the ovas in every way.

Also, it falls into too many anime tropes despite trying to do a western thing. Saturday morning cartoons don't really do the "Yatterman" villain team except of course when it's an imported animu.