Welcome to DC's Meet the Co-Publishers panel live from NYCC. In this panel...

>Welcome to DC's Meet the Co-Publishers panel live from NYCC. In this panel, DC publishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee will discuss the publisher's plans for Rebirth and more.
>DiDio and Lee entered the panel by walking up the aisles and high fiving fans as they passed, to thunderous applause.
>DiDio expressed thanks to the fans who had supported the publisher through "Rebirth," and reiterating the publisher's commitment to its titles and characters.
>DiDio joked that they would not be talking about the Legion of Super-Heroes, SHAZAM!, or any of the other characters people usually ask about - but that they would discuss Doomsday Clock.
>DiDio said that the next part of the "Rebirth" story would take place in Doomsday Clock, with Lee reiterating that the story was set up in the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 one shot,
24liveblog.com/live/322a9f24a94811e7939df23c919295de

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/36750-retailers-become-heated-over-marvel-variants-diversity-in-closed-doors-nycc-panel.html
comicsbeat.com/nycc-17-exclusive-all-the-panels-with-all-the-text-from-new-york-comic-con-2017/
newsarama.com/35621-whatever-happened-to-manapul-s-aquaman-earth-one-and-jms-s-flash-earth-one.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Meanwhile:
newsarama.com/36750-retailers-become-heated-over-marvel-variants-diversity-in-closed-doors-nycc-panel.html

How tall is Morrison?

and Rich the Leech is spinning it as SOMEONE SAID FAGGOT AND NIGGER!! OPPRESSION!!

>DiDio and Lee entered the panel by walking up the aisles and high fiving fans as they passed, to thunderous applause.
Fucking amazing.

does height matter when you can levitate and visit other worlds through shamanism?

oh yeah... well... your movies still suck so we win

Outside of mocking the douchebag, why does anyone care what he thinks? About anything? His site doesn't even have comic news. Just rumors he makes up or Twitter posts

>DiDio said that the next part of the "Rebirth" story would take place in Doomsday Clock, with Lee reiterating that the story was set up in the DC Universe: Rebirth #1 one shot,
>"It's not your classic misunderstanding between heroes where they fight before teaming up to fight a villain."
>Lee said that Doomsday Clock is "a sequel to Watchmen."
>More information - and interior pages - from Doomsday Clock will be revealed at the Doomsday Clock panel Friday evening, of which Newsarama will have live coverage.

>Grant Morrison just appeared out of nowhere.

>As Morrison joined the panel, he spoke about the sequel to Wonder Woman Earth One, calling the second installment the "Empire Strikes Back" chapter, where "everything goes to hell."
>"Every scene in the book will feature a different Wonder Woman costume."

>Someone in the audience yelled "Sea Guy! Sea Guy!"
>Morrison said Cameron Stewart has had the script for a sequel for three years, and that fans should urge him to make time to draw it.

>DiDio and Morrison will co-write some issues of Sideways, one of the titles of the Dark Matter line.
Huh

>DiDio said that DC can publish Dark Nights: Metal and Doomsday Clock at the same time because their focus is "a diversity of titles."
>He also said Metal will be followed by "a new age of DC heroes."
>"It's a way to expand our line while staying true to the core conceits of our characters."
>DiDio said that the tie-ins for Metal were designed to have value - but not take away from the main story or make readers feel they have to purchase multiple books to get the story.
>"Dark Nights: Metal is an event that's a story, Doomsday Clock is a story that is an event," said Lee, quoting a previous line from DiDio.
>DiDio spoke about "Dark Matter," saying that the name comes from the unseen material that scientists theorize make up the universe.
>"We want to expand our commitment to diversity, and to bringing new ideas to our universe."
>DiDio continues using the phrase "a new age of heroes," to describe the premise of the idea.

>Grant Morrison just appeared out of nowhere
Wizard confirmed

Good to know that Morrison is close to DC still.

>Dark Matter launches with 8 titles that introduce new characters and concepts.
>DiDio called it a starting point for new fans. "Every one of these books fits directly into the DCU," he said. "You'll see how deep these characters go into DC lore."

>Action Comics #1000 will arrive in 2018.
>"It's Superman's 80th birthday in the same year that Action Comics #1000 comes out, and we're leaning into that in a big way."
>Lee joked that the issue would come with 1000 variant covers.

>DiDio said that one of the mistakes of the New 52 was publishing too many titles at once, saying they've made a concerted effort to pace new titles and allow them to take hold.
>"We cancelled books too quickly, and the fans lost interest too quickly."

>DiDio said he's enjoyed working on the Hanna-Barbera stories, saying "We've got some really weird stuff coming out."

No lie, nothing they have said about DM has made me interested in the line.

>DiDio joked that BatCow would return.
>Morrison had to leave for another panel.
Which one?

Probably end up like bloodlines and marvels new heros in the annuals back in the 90s.

>>Lee joked that the issue would come with 1000 variant covers.

I imagine most laughed nervously because there is a company out there that would actually do it.

>Morrison said that he and Scott Snyder often talked about the long history of the DC Universe, and that he felt it is "important to acknowledge everyone's work," and that they'll bring back some characters that haven't been seen in some time.
>"It's all about weirdness right now," said Morrison, explaining that comic books had recently gone through a period of more straightforward stories.

>Lee said that they took the concept of Immortal Men from a list of characters that hadn't been used in some time. The story will connect the histories of many of DC's immortal characters.
>Lee compared his approach to Immortal Men to Morrison's "all-in" approach to Batman.

>Morrison talked about the cosmic scope of the DC Universe, and the idea of an immortal character.

>DiDio discussed The Terrifics - Phantom Girl, Metamorpho, Plastic Man, and Mr. Terrific. "It's very excited to see a new team form featuring characters you already know."
>DiDio joked that BatCow would return.

>Lee spoke about The Wild Storm, saying that it was Warren Ellis's decision to start from scratch. "From the start, we've had a game plan for books that will spin out of The Wild Storm."

Representation Matters! How to Respectfully Write and Draw POC and LGBTQIA Characters

user you know I love but fuck off with the "my brand is holier than thou" attitude. DC launched Justice League of America with 52 variants consisting of the same image with a badly shopped state flag

Jesus Grant

Marvel has absolutely abused variant covers more often, but I haven't seen a worse cover gimmick since JLA #1 in the entire time I've read comics

>USAvengers?

USAvengers

Hey man Black Earth 1 Steve was based

They actually making a panel for this? What actual heck?

>>DiDio and Lee entered the panel by walking up the aisles and high fiving fans as they passed, to thunderous applause.
DChads win again

just the tip of the iceberg

comicsbeat.com/nycc-17-exclusive-all-the-panels-with-all-the-text-from-new-york-comic-con-2017/

The movies and comics divisions for both companies are completely separate.

I'll still see Marvel movies, but I refuse to support nuMarvel comics at all. The comics DC is putting out are mid-tier, but what Marvel is shitting out should be considered a human rights violation.

Even then, every cover had a different character

>Grant Morrison just appeared out of nowhere.
Fucking Chaos wizards.

>Morrison writing about the guy whose gimmick is teleportation through a different dimension.

Cant wait to see what crazy shit he'll do.

>Lee spoke about The Wild Storm, saying that it was Warren Ellis's decision to start from scratch. "From the start, we've had a game plan for books that will spin out of The Wild Storm."
>Michael Cray is the first of the titles. That story will introduce some characters from the DC Universe - including Oliver Queen - but in a very different form.
>Lee reiterated that The Wild Storm is a wholly separate universe, and that it is not connected to mainstream DC Comics. "It's not like when we brought some of the WildStorm characters into the New 52."

>DiDio said that there would be some new Vertigo titles announced in the imprint's panel later this weekend.
Just put it out of its misery goddamn you. Make it a reprint line, go for some eurocomics, purchase Epic/Eclipse/First comics backcatalogues

Its blatantly 'not-marvel' (Damage:Hulk, Silencer:Black Widow,Sideways:Spiderman,Immotal Men:Inhumans) and the only one that really strikes out from that is Terrifics for being a FF series and using existing characters.

Still needs an earth number.

>Immotal Men:Inhumans
What?

>Lee spoke about the genesis of Young Animal, saying that curator Gerard Way had brought a new point of view and a new audience to DC Comics.
>DiDio said Way can make a story out of anything.

>DiDio said that there would be some new Vertigo titles announced in the imprint's panel later this weekend.
>Vertigo will relaunch its entire line in August 2018 under the care of new Executive Editor Mark Doyle, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the imprint.

>DiDio then spoke about his love of Mad Magazine, saying that Mad will move to Los Angeles under the care of newly named Executive Editor Bill Morrison.
>The new Mad Magazine will launch on April Fool's Day. "I've assembled a new team of idiots in Los Angeles," joked Morrison.
>Bill Morrison was a writer on The Simpsons and Futurama - experiences Morrison said he'd bring to the new Mad.
>Sergio Aragones, Paul Coker, and Al Jaffe would all continue contributing to Mad Magazine.

nice. probably the only news that I care

>a gym setup was on stage next to the panel
>Didio and Lee would alternate answering questions and lifting
>attendees were encouraged to come up on stage so that Lee and Didio could critique their lifting forms and help them improve their gains

To be honest its somewhat of a stretch, but the rest are so clearly Marvel riffs Immortal Men is very likely born as a take on something, and ''secretive super-people'' fits. To be honest it is the weakest connection.

>DiDio said that DC can publish Dark Nights: Metal and Doomsday Clock at the same time because their focus is "a diversity of titles."
Unlike Marvels diversity of shitness

Oh yeah, that one sucked too. But as mentioned, it wasn't just a simple shop. They weren't even good shops either.

Bill Morrison = Bill Finger + Grant Morrison
!

>Bill Morrison said that Mad Magazine would change with new features, but would keep staples such as Spy Vs. Spy and the Fold-Ins.
>"I look at it like Batman: The Animated series," said Morrison. "They took the best parts of the old Batman, and mixed them with new ideas, and that's what we want to do with Mad."
>Fold-in artist Al Jaffe is 96 years old, and still creating fold-ins. He hand delivers his painted fold-ins to the Mad office.
>A Mad podcast will also be launching. "One of the new staff members is a very popular podcast host, so she'll be bringing in a lot of comedians."

>DiDio joked that fans would hear about Conner Kent "Not in my lifetime."
Based Didio.

>DiDio joked that fans would hear about Conner Kent "Not in my lifetime."

>DiDio said an announcement about Aquaman Earth One was forthcoming. He mentioned Frances Manapul as the writer/artist.

>New details on the Milestone relaunch Earth-M will be given in today's Milestone panel, which Newsarama will cover live.

Well, so do Mousevels, so that's not really a "win."

>DiDio said an announcement about Aquaman Earth One was forthcoming. He mentioned Frances Manapul as the writer/artist.
I feel like Earth One is always forthcoming. They're so fucking slow with that line.

>DiDio joked that they would not be talking about the Legion of Super-Heroes, SHAZAM!, or any of the other characters people usually ask about

wtf I hate Dan now

>Can't talk about Rise of The Seven Seas

Damn it, I just want a small update.
At least the fact that they can't talk about it probably means it's still happening.

The world needs more BatCow (certainly more than some other new useless characters). Don't joke about it DiDio.

>Morrison said Cameron Stewart has had the script for a sequel for three years, and that fans should urge him to make time to draw it.

fucking CamStew

>DiDio and Morrison will co-write some issues of Sideways, one of the titles of the Dark Matter line.

oh shit

So, it's only Thursday and DC has already won.

The absolute state of Marvel comics.

>BatCow is coming back
Moochester Black versus BatCow when DC?

Connor Kent is gone for good. Unkown about Bart.

Literally DChads.

>Unkown about Bart
He isn't needed with kid wally around.

4 years since "Rise of the Seven Seas will be in the pages of Justice League".

Bart with Jenni and the LoSH in the future makes the most sense

His impulse costume was in the future flash museum.

>"We cancelled books too quickly

I'll give them that for Rebirth. Even the worst selling books got up to #18

And Williamson has wanted Bart and Max back since he got on the book. Sounded like he didn't really get a "no" on it, but proof is in the pudding I guess (ie neither is actually back yet).

Hahahaha my god they are so fucked

I think it's for best that he and Conner don't come back. DC is already struggling with TT and we really don't need more teen heroes.

Gonna have to wait. If they do come back it will be as impulse first appearing over again. Basically retelling.

5'11" according to Google.

I want Bart and Jenni to come back but i can tell.its too soon.

Kek

obligatory

>Bennett looks fuckable now
Yikes

Doug Mahnke's body is bullshit.

>Humphires with that grin
I still believe he was the one who leaked Civil War 2.

Trips confirm dogfucker fucked Marvel

I will never not appreciate just how uncomfortable Coates looks.

Mahnke's got Old Man body, because the guy is 60+

I've been way out of the loop ... what happened with CW2?

>REEEE I HATE MARVEL

I like some DC comics but you fanboys are pathetic

Someone leaked almost every detail about the #0 issue months before the release. By the time it was released, a few things had changed (like Homer being renamed Ulysses).
People like to joke that it was Humphries behind the leak because he would have been at the writers summit, and he defected to DC shortly after it

>because their focus is "a diversity of titles
This is simply not true.

Buff old people are scary as shit. George Foreman looks like he can still brain a fool

YES!

Oh shit I didn't know he left for DC, that's funny.

Has he done anything good though? He sucked at Marvel.

Not to downplay your hype, but I'm pretty sure we've known that for a while now. It's not really an update.

Green Lanterns

Of course not.

I think DC comics tend to be alright, but having the bare minimum amount of brain functioning to realize that Marvel Comics is a completely irredeemable pile of pure concentrated shit does not make one a DC fanboy.

>In addition to recapping the blockbuster announcements from DC Entertainment at this year’s COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL SAN DIEGO, DCE Co-Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio treated fans to some exciting news for fans of the “Earth One” series of original graphic novels. In 2016, fan favorite writer J. Michael Strazynski follows up his best-selling SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE tale with a new look at the Scarlet Speedster in FLASH: EARTH ONE. In addition, Francis Manapul (DETECTIVE COMICS) will provide his take on the King of the Seas in AQUAMAN: EARTH ONE.

newsarama.com/35621-whatever-happened-to-manapul-s-aquaman-earth-one-and-jms-s-flash-earth-one.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 52 variant JLA covers weren't incentivized like Marvel's covers still are to this date, right? It just literally had a lot of covers and you could order any version you wanted, it didn't require buying 25 of one cover to get a single rare one

>In 2016, fan favorite writer J. Michael Strazynski follows up his best-selling SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE tale with a new look at the Scarlet Speedster in FLASH: EARTH ONE

I can't wait.

>J. Michael Strazynski follows up his best-selling SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE tale with a new look at the Scarlet Speedster in FLASH: EARTH ONE
I thought he retired. Why are they still going ahead with this?

Look at the dates. That was a release from 2015.

My whole point is that DC obviously doesn't give a shit about Earth One and they just let creators take their sweet time.

>A DC spokesperson said DOOMSDAY CLOCK orders are "not good" but the ashcan will change that.
What went wrong?

tl;dr nothing happened

They were free to order, yes.

They overordered the Watchmen prequel and got burned, so they're obviously going to be cautious about the sequel.

They already said Green Lantern EO is coming out next spring. If we're getting a second one next year I would bet on Batman EO v3 not Flash or Aquaman.

Care to elaborate since you posted it twice? The Dark Matter line looks like something that was pitched at Marvel

>it didn't require buying 25 of one cover to get a single rare one

DC only really does this on events. Maybe occasionally a random issue will have it, but it's not common. They seem to prefer retailer exclusives where the big shops basically commission a special variant.