Milestone

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/we-finally-have-details-on-the-rebirth-of-milestone-med-1819184981
johnrozum.blogspot.com/2012/01/why-i-quit-static-shock.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Static is actually fucking coming back
I have no words
I'm so fucking happy, you can't believe it
Thank you Jesus almighty, you're bringing my homeboy back

Wasn't Priest involved?

I hope it's just general outlines that Hudlin is involved in and not actually dictating story specifics.

he's only been benched for like 4 years, chill out

Didn't Static get a reboot at the start of the New 52, where he got his arm ripped off and became a cyborg or some shit?

I wouldn't be excited for this at all, if I were you.

I hope you realize they’re only doing this because of Young Justice season 3

>Of course Christopher Priest will be working with us on the Milestone books.” - Reginald Hudlin #nycc

via some guy on twitter at the panel apparently

>Static Shock
>Kyle Baker

Okay, what?

How the fuck.

It's Earth M not nu 52.

Except they announced it years ago when YJ was fully dead. IIRC some kind of legal shit with McDuffie's wife was the holdup.

>bare tummy brown chicks

me gusta

Literally who are these people writing these?
Have they done anything good?

Digging the new Icon and Rocket designs.

>Hudlin
Fuck. On one hand Cowan is great and I love Baker. But Hudlin is some monkey paw bullshit. Why can't he just fuck off?

I’m still here waiting for Jay Garrick to come back

stupid casual

How much of a fucking nerd are you that you recognize every writer by name?
Get a damn life, son. Be a man.

Priest is doing Deathstroke, an Inhumans series and now bi-monthly JL. He probably has too much on his plate right now to do Milestone.

none of these are obscure names though

I'm glad Milestone is back but I think Milestone should've came back a couple years ago.

All that shit about them trying to find "the right teams and they just end up with Hudlin writing everything and Cowans writing like 3 titles and mediocre artists lie Ken Lashley.
And of course they were going to give Xombi to Pak, anyone else wouldn't been ""offensive"". The actual idea of Duo sound okay(horrible name for a comic though) but knowing Pak it'll just be a shitty mediocre quipy pile of shit.

Duo is Xombi apparently

>Not knowing Denys Cowan
Fuck out of here

They need darl banks.

They should team up withe black jla earth.

If that were the case then I’m sure i would’ve recognized them
They’re literal who’s in my book

Or you're just not as well read as you thought.

Looks like that old shadow line team called power line.

>Hudlin
Has he done anything since Black Panther that actually showed he improved; or should I just give up hope now?

I think you're misinterpreting the announcement. Hudlin is only listed as a writer on one book."Story by" is not the same as "written by"

Very likely he's in the same place Elllis is with Wildstorm.

>reginald hudlin
So it's gonna be terrible, gotcha.

is the whole blood syndicate thing coming back?
because that would be awesome.
i don't know how DC actually remembered the whole milestone universe before making batman black for the sake of diversity.

I don't think I've sat down and read anything from any of these guys besides Pak but I still recognize the names. This is just basic stuff you pick up in passing.

This stuff will be cancelled within the year.

Also Earth M book, and love army. Is that the name for blood syndicate ?

5 books like ultimate marvel was at times. It's also a reboot standalone universe.

Not likely if you look at the HB and YA sales. DC clearly thinks they can support fringe lines at least a year.

What it means is that he will co-write the first arc of each comic, like Mcduffie did originally. For Icon, Static he might stay on longer(doubt Cowan is going to write two comics on his own) and for Love Army he is the only writer announced.

Static will be the only book that sells well.

Hardware is in the Earth m Book. 3 ongoing and Duo and Love army are minis.

More pics io9.gizmodo.com/we-finally-have-details-on-the-rebirth-of-milestone-med-1819184981

>Hudlin
I was really hoping the lawsuit would somehow stop this or that he'd just die in a freak accident or something.

seriously doubt it will, the last book:

167 - STATIC SHOCK
06/2011: Special #1 of 1 -- 9,976
-----------------------------------
09/2011: Static Shock #1 -- 37,782 (+278.7%) [43,046]
10/2011: Static Shock #2 -- 32,360 (- 14.4%)
11/2011: Static Shock #3 -- 24,374 (- 24.7%)
12/2011: Static Shock #4 -- 17,514 (- 28.2%)
01/2012: Static Shock #5 -- 15,056 (- 14.0%)
02/2012: Static Shock #6 -- 13,081 (- 13.1%)
03/2012: Static Shock #7 -- 11,739 (- 10.3%)
04/2012: Static Shock #8 -- 11,224 (- 4.4%)
-----------------
6 months: - 65.3%

Even with Rebirth magic I don't expect you can do much more than hope for it to settle around 20k

I imagine Earth M will work like the main Wildstorm book and tell a wider story involving multiple characters, probably Icon and Rocket at least alongside Hardware.

The Kirkman part:

>Fans also received a surprise visit from The Walking Dead comic creator and writer Robert Kirkman, who stopped by to show a first look at his upcoming AMC documentary featuring the creation and history of Milestone Media. This episode is just one of six parts which comprise AMC Visionaries: Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics—a new series focusing on different, significant chapters in American comic book history. The miniseries is set to premiere on Sunday, November 12, at 11p.m. ET/PT.

Static's last book didn't sell well cause it was bad.

This one ain't gonna be any better and you know it.

Some love army art

Didn't know Kirkman was doing that. Sounds cool. So I'm figuring, Milestone, Zap, super early stuff from the 30s and 40s, maybe Cerebus, and of course dick riding Image.

She's a supporting character in Static, dummy.

Yeah, but that means the core Static characterfag audience is quite small and the book's success is not a gimmie any more than the rest of the line. I don't think they can do more than double the number at least.

Trade sales might be interesting though if they get the millennial normies who watched the cartoon as kids to notice.

Am I the only one who feels we didn't learn enough of Milestone 2.0 ? Like where's Blood Syndicate ?

It won't be the same with out Dwayne McDuffie .

Can agree. Wasnt some Static Shock love 5 years ago? This seems a little bit too late now. It will get his fans, but mass audience might be hard to reactivate?

There is no blood syndicate. I'm also wondering if certain trademarks(names and logos) are not allowed to be used.

After reading Static I decided to read the rest of Milestone and it's really good. I hope they don't mess up new Milestone especially Static. Since most of Static fans are from his cartoon they should make his new book similar to the show but still be it's own thing. Just add Richie to the comics.

Icon and Rocket's new costumes look good.

>There is no blood syndicate.

5 years ago Static was popular cause of his cartoon and there were people who tried to read his comics but it was his awful New 52 series and they didn't like it. I feel like they missed the opportunity with Static and it might be too late for him.

Richie was based off a comic character tho

Just replace Rick Stone with Richie.

>Hudlin
all hope lost

if you took away the head sock on rocket's original costume, she'd fit right in today's costume designs

>>>>>>>>>>>>Hudlin
FUCK
Didn't Hudlin shit on Priest online when people preferred Priest's Black Panther run?

At least the art will be better for sure.

>Hudlin

well shit... would it be too much to pray that he got rebirthed like Lobdell and humpries?

Probably not, his Black Racer was quite terrible.

What titles will you be buying from new Milestone ?

Not Static

Greg Pak is reliable so I guess his and I'll look out for the rest

>all this Hudlinshit

That went wrong because the editor decided that the artist should have all control over the book instead of the Milestone alum who was hired to write it.

johnrozum.blogspot.com/2012/01/why-i-quit-static-shock.html

I don't like Icon's new costume. He looks like a Red Lantern.

I’ll be buy Static Shock and that Milestone book with Icon and Rocket and maybe Love Army.

The Editor Murdered that Book

>Hudlin
Fucking disgusting.

it didn't sell because it was shit, also they tried to pull out the grimdarkery shit that n52 had on the comic book, n52 itself was a fucking mistake

>Hyped for Baker being involved in Milestone
>Written by fucking Hudlin

Fuck you, DC

>Hudlin
bruh

Well, for starters, it'll have Kyle Baker instead of Scott McDaniel. That already makes it better.

I’m glad they’re using a design similar to this design for Static I just wish we could’ve gotten a better look at his new costume.

>Denys Cowan
>literally who
Pick one, you colossal faggot.

But it'll still be Hudlin.

>How much of a fucking nerd are you that you recognize every writer by name?

>Hudlin

FUCKING WHY

I can't wait to read Rocket again.

Dumb cunt "Literally Who's" are categorized as faggots who literally have no comic experience in the industry.

Not some one you don't know because you never read comics and get your news from shitty youtube vlogs.

Don't forget Cowan. He is a good writer.

Because he's a partner that controls a stake of Milestone. It's him Cowan and a third that own the company and characters.

>get Denys Cowan
>he's not the artist

Literally why?

>Hudlin on every fucking book
True monkey's paw. Fucking hell.

He's needed to stop Hudlin from pulling a "hudlin" all over the comics.

Except in this case, I have more trust Kyle Baker can write something much better than Hudlin can.

I just don't know. I'd like to support a Milestone revival, but I don't wanna read anything written by the guy who helped turn Black Panther to shit. I guess I'll just tradewait

at least there shouldn't be any infighting on the creative team this time.

Oh look. DC is out diversifying marvel by actually having books on real black characters. Instead of forcing Superman to be Black, like Marvel did with Captain America.

Aren't they still fucking over McDuffie's wife with this?

Oh look, a company war faggot