Why are the Power Rangers SO FUCKING COOL?

Why are the Power Rangers SO FUCKING COOL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KYazryuNO1g
youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg
youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY
youtube.com/watch?v=RcLFfFNwP8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Super Sentai designs are cool and sometimes when there's actual effort in writing, Power Rangers can somehow manage to be its own thing.

nostalgia

I kinda like when it's aggressively derivative if I'm being honest. There's something special about the Captain Marvel X-Men with giant dinosaur Mecha Godzilla vs ancient kryptonians.
It's the quintessential definition of "So stupid it works."

Hoping they call it Zodiac Force

youtube.com/watch?v=KYazryuNO1g

I always wondered who made that painting anyways.
And while I think it's great and shows what nostalgia can do, I can't help but think that's either a small Megazord or stupidly big dinosaurs

Which one is this?

Kyoryuger, this year's sentai. It will probably be the next Power Rangers after Ninja Steel as it looks like they're skipping Zyuohger.

Kyuranger
Newest Sentai season

*Kyuranger
Sorry brain fart. Kyoryuger was Dino Charge.

Is Super MegaForce the worst season?

YOSSHA LUCKY

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg
youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY
youtube.com/watch?v=RcLFfFNwP8c

Ask the Justice League that

I like these costumes. 2016.

T-shirt sentai furry minecraft was bad.

Nope.

I mean it's not my favorite or anything but it was decent. Not every sentai has to have an epic story with deep themes and character arcs. This did episodic and it did it just fine.

>skipping Zyuohger.
It's a shame as the series wasn't bad.

The issue overall with sentai over the past decade is how the Red Ranger is more of a Kamen Rider than a leader that works with his fellow rangers. Almost none of the other rangers receive powerups besides Red now.

Remember, the writers were told to slice multiple episodes of Gokaiger together to fit Nick's request. When any objections were made, the response was either do as told or leave.

>It's a shame as the series wasn't bad
Yeah, I guess it's a problem with their mix and match Zord toyline, which is one of their most popular things. The way they stack instead of having plug in arms and legs means it won't work.

I'm so sick of how uncreative fans are with fantasy Power Ranger titles and always go with "_____ Force". After 4 times already, the word "force" should never be used in a Power Ranger title again.

Power Rangers Space Balls

What is this?

Basically the Green Lanterns

Was turning the wands in mystic force into cell phones japans idea or what?

Japan loves cell phones.

>That's not how you use an axe, Zack.. or the freeze gun, for that matter.

I should note that Power Rangers was a perfect storm of things going right to make it a huge hit.

Saban had been trying to get Power Rangers made in various forms since the late 80s (the only Super Sentai to see the light of day prior to PR, was a gag dub of Dynaman aired on Nightflight).

1. Robots. Transformers had gone on hiatus a year before Power Rangers debuted and Voltron had just left syndication, as far as transitioning from Family Channel to Cartoon Network. The market was kind of ripe for a new robot themed show

2. Saved By The Bell. SBTB was a huge hit too and Saban even outright evoked it when he pitched Power Rangers to Fox, by way of selling it as "what if the cast of Saved By The Bell piloted Voltron?".

3. Dinosaurs. Jurasic Park had just come out, so America was in the middle of dinosaur fever. It's one of the main reasons why, after networks rejected Jetman, Saban went forward and pitched ZyuRangers as the source material for Power Rangers.

This needs to be updated badly

Wild Force was the best season, Prove me wrong

The only reason why Sup Forums kept going during Wild Force was Murderposting, Toxica, and Jindrax.
The viewer count went down and everyone saw it as shit
Forever Red was great though

That's not RPM

That's not Power Rangers In Space.

That's not Time Force.

oh shit a list I actually 100% agree with...nice.

Nick is objectively the worst thing to ever happen to PR. It's amazing it survived MF/SMF.

Sad part is that there's nowhere else for it to go anymore, Disney doesn't want it again and there's really no other networks that would give Saban the shekels he wants.

Crimefighting teams with consistent design elements are GOAT.

They could and should try to migrate to Netflix, but Saban's too old to see the value in that.

PreCure sort of suggests otherwise.

That Libra helmet is just plain lazy.

Matching outfits. Shame we don't get that used effectively in America.

Well, Saban doesn't have the license to Pretty Cure anymore so that's moot point.

RPM sucked dick. Lost galaxy would've made more sense

Huh? The current dub isn't by Saban?

>RPM sucked dick
I have never met anyone who had such shit taste

They lost it right after they finished dubbing IIRC.

I wish Saban would just fucking die already.

>Zodiac
They're based on constellations, dummy.

Childhood. Pure and simple. Also, nineties move was dope AF.

This.

Since its similiar, i will ask here:
What is the best season of Kamen Rider is to get familiar with? I heard Kuuga is one the best, but i wanna see old ones too.

Removing the man doesn't destroy the company.

Kuuga's a bit slow, but it really depends on what sort of tone you want.
I'll give you a few recommendations.
For Showa, Amazon and Stronger are pretty good, with Amazon being fairly short and easily digested. Might wanna check out Black too if you're from a country where that was popular.
For Heisei, I'd recommend Agito, Blade, Ryuki and (reluctantly) Gaim if you want something with a bit more of a serious plot going on.
For something less serious in heisei, Double, OOO, Fourze and Den-O are good.
Build is currently going if you'd prefer to hop into the new series though.

S-source?

Well, i saw a several series of Black. That was kind of cool, and it sparked my interest in Kamen, actually.
Well, where i live, everybody knows about Power Ranges, but almost nobody about Kamen.

I live in America, it's the same exact way here.
If you want personal recommendations, the recent show, Ex-Aid was pretty good.
If you go for Double, OOO or Fourze watch them in that order. They're sort of a trilogy and they have a big crossover movie at the end.

Giant robot dinosaurs.

>They have powers
>That are new.

Tommy, why are you in there twice

Red ranger can't unsee...

....that might be one of the worst sentei designs I've seen

They look like cosplayers who got lazy and just got t-shirts of the animal they're supposed to represent

Pretty much everything is Japan's idea. They never took input from Saban until Kyuranger.

Watch Amazon son you won't regret it.

>RPM sucked dick
How?

Hammy is a cute! CUTE!

Not that guy, but it was an interesting idea that got plagued with severe creative issues, which lead to the second half being extremely uninspired compared to the first.

Los guardianes del universo

I saw the thumb of this, and somehow thought of a Power Ranger / Wizard of OZ mash up.

Was this shit good? I never did pay any real attention to it. It's over already?

Not even close to being over and its decent

Reminder that Shinkenger is the best and no Sentai since has come close

Dino Thunder is S tier? I mean it's definitely not bad but I would put it in like B, A max

The only Super Sentai I've seen is Gokaiger, recommend me something that isn't shit.

Also what did the Red Duckface guy do after that.
He's cute

Abaranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Go-Busters, Zyuohger

Gekiranger is god tier

SPACEBALLS: The Power Rangers Show

Yeesh. Kraang needs a new body model.